August 23, 2014 | 1780 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by ksuey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really love this foundation for everyday wear.

I don't have problem skin, but was looking for something that would even out my skin tone ( because I feel like some parts of my face are lighter than others ) -
I basically wanted a foundation that looked like my skin, but better, ie. more radiant and flawless :)

I was also thinking about getting a sunscreen for everyday classes. This foundation with SPF 18, seemed to be the perfect choice when I read its reviews on MUA.

I have combination skin, and this foundation definitely gives a glow to your face. Since I really only needed this foundation for my cheeks, it was perfect. The times that I did put it on my t-zone, I didn't break out and I personally felt like I could get away with the "glow" (aka, it didn't look like an oil slick, just... glowier).

The best part about this foundation is that it blends seamlessly with my skin. I cant tell where it ends and my face begins. Plus, it doesn't cling on to any dry spots or look cakey, EVER. I use 210, which I picked based on the Maybelline online shade selector (because it explains the numbering system better + you can avoid the too pink/too yellow problem by picking if you're cool or warm toned) and drugstore testers, rather than going by drugstore pictures alone.

Note that it does have a slight tackiness to it on the face. It doesn't feel like you re wearing makeup though. Also, I didn't seem to have any oxidation problems or trouble with the makeup rubbing off throughout the day like other reviewers noted.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by carolinee08

Even though theres about a lifetime and a half worth of reviews on this product, I figured adding my two cents would be beneficiary :p
Okay, so I've been curious about this foundation for the past months. I've seen it in so many videos and it always seems to creep up on me here on Makeup Alley. I recently just got a job, and although I'm on a very tight budget (trying to save for my first car! :D) I decided to go ahead and purchase this during my visit to Rite Aid yesterday, which they're having a BOGO 50% off, so I got this for about 8 dollars and the Falsies Mascara for about 4.
Now, I dont wear foundation. Maybe 10-15 times a year max. I just go with concealers and powder and Im good to go. But lately I've been really lazy and just want something I can put on my face and be out the door, just something that doesnt take so much precision. This is exactly what I was looking for.
Anyway, I was REALLY excited to try it. So excited, I removed my makeup from the day and immediately put this onto my skin. It blended beautifully with my skin and it covered up my acne scars. Not COMPLETELY, but good enough to wear I'm satisfied.
The foundation is very thin and watery. It almost feels like a tinted moisturizer when applied to the skin, and also has similar coverage to a TM, but I would say its a little bit better. I have combination skin (slightly oily) and if my skin was any oilier I would say this isn't for me. After 7 hours of wear, my face was a little bit more oilier than usual, but some powder or blotting sheets would do the trick.
The packaging I surprisingly don't mind at all. I actually love the sleek bottle and because its a thin consistency it makes pouring the product out very easy and effortless.
So I don't mind one bit.
I really enjoy the finish of this foundation as well. It looks incredibly natural on my skin, and it truly does even out my skin tone and makes my skin look well balanced. I also didn't find it to easily rub off on to my hand or anything, like other people have stated. Just as long as you set it with powder you should be fine.
I feel like this is a really good every day foundation, and its a huge plus that its SPF 18! I feel like for school just slapping this on with a bit of powder would make your face good to go! But because I do get pretty oily by the end of the day, I took one lippie off.
I've only worn it for one day but I have a feeling this is going to be my new HG everyday foundation. It didn't break me out but if there are any problems I have with it that come up later please believe I will be updating.
Also, just for reference, I am NC20 (with a light yellow undertone, its the Asian in me) in MAC and got this in 120 Classic Ivory. It matches me almost perfectly, all the more reason why I am very very pleased with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by MaNDiiB00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This packaging is so cute which is one reason why i wanted to try it lol..it was good for a week or so but now i really dont grab for it much =/ it oxidizes into an orangey pink color. i do have a perfect match but after it oxidizes it doesn't look too great. I have oily skin and it doesn't last on me no longer than 5 hrs. But for coverage i'd say its pretty good .

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by magica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE this foundation Ive redness on my skin this really covers it really good makes my skin like a DOLL it makes flawless it gives
hydration and it gives a dewy finish that I love Ive dry skin and sensitive
this makes it really good Probably if youve oily skin this will Not be a
good choose .

after I apply I use Pressed powder or Translucent powder it last
alot longer on my skin Highly recommend :).

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by ppinkrroses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yuck. I'm not a fan of this one at all. Yes, I have oily skin, but this didn't even look good when it first went on--right after I washed my skin, moisturized, and put on primer. I mean, I didn't expect it to last 5 hours, but it didn't even make it to 1 minute. Total fail in my book. For reference, I tried it with fingers, dry sponge, wet sponge, and brush--wet sponge probably worked best, but not by much.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2011 9:15:00 AM More reviews by palegrneyez30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It sucks. I love how this looks on my face the first couple of hours, my face looks bright, the color I got matches perfectly, I look dewy etc. But then my face turns into an oil slick.
I do not recommend this makeup for women with oily skin. They really should come out with somethin in this line for oily skin but who knows if they will. I wouldn't buy this again. So I'll continue to bounce between Makeup forever velevt matte and Revlon Colorstay for oily/combo skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 3:31:00 AM More reviews by labellevie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is growing on me. I really wanted a dewy finish with medium coverage and this is definitely light-medium coverage. It is a bit tacky, but I set it with powder and it's a good medium between dewy and natural.

It isn't particularly "light" feeling on the skin but doesn't feel like a mask either.

Basically, when taken the time to apply correctly (I use a foundation brush or my fingers) it really can look natural and dewy.

If you have oily skin stay away! If you're dry like me this really gives a nice finish.

It doesn't have great coverage and with most drugstore foundations, I can't seem to find a shade that isn't too pink on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by cnr918

I actually like this foundation!! First off... It's extremely inexpensive! I apply it after my moisturizer. I put my finger over the top of the bottle and flip it over and I find that is plenty of product to go on one side of my face then repeat on the other side and forehead. If I want more coverage I just repeat the process again. It leaves my skin really smooth and not cakey at all. Its the perfect summer/warm weather foundation. Light and dewy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by jacameron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm really enjoying this product. The coverage is a tad on the light side, but even so it'll gives your face a smooth appearance and has a natural sheen and glow. I consider myself to be fair-skinned for a brunette and the 220 shade works well for me. I believe I spent around $7.00 at Walgreen's, which is a price I can definitely live with!

***UPDATE***
I'm enjoying this product more than ever and it's become my HG foundation. Even when I have breakouts, (which, thank goodness, are more becoming more infrequent), I use this product, dab a little concealer on top of my blemishes, and I'm good to go.

However, as much as I like the foundation, the packaging has a major design flaw. The cap doesn't seal the foundation into the bottle, and as a result the product flows out of the top and gets trapped in the bottle threads. While it's never spilled down the side of the bottle, I feel like a lot of foundation is wasted this way because it winds up drying on the bottle threads. Major bummer for such a good product! Hopefully Maybelline will fix this.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by xosugar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate this foundation. It's too slick and even after it sets it's kind of tacky. It definitely gets more greasy over time, and I don't even have oily skin. My skin is normal and occasionally gets a little dry. There's not much coverage. And I hate the number system. 110 is more yellow and seems darker than 115 which is odd in my opinion. They definitely need to explain how you're supposed to find your color better. I think the colors run a tad dark. Even the 115 doesn't fit me perfectly color wise. Overall I'd say it's below average for a drugstore foundation and I would advise anyone with oily skin to avoid it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No