October 25, 2014 | 1884 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2008 11:05:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far so good. I have oily skin but sensitive skin as well. If I use my cleanser for oily skin alot, it dries me out, and if i dont use it I break out. I wanted to introduce a mild cleanser at night, I was using Mario Badescu enzyme cleanser which I love but I wanted to try something new, so I'm using Purity Made Simple. Have not broke out yet, and Purity smells like the Borghese products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2008 4:03:00 PM More reviews by miyoshi637

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the jumbo size on QVC and I'm super glad I did. It's a lot cheaper this way compared to buying several smaller bottles. I love the way it makes my skin tingle when I use it at night. Sort of reminds me of the feeling you get when you use noxema. It takes off all my makeup beautifully, doesn't make my skin feel tight or dry too! Plus when i wear super pigmented eye shadows it even takes it off. I usually have a super hard time with eye MU removers. This is going to be a staple in my everyday routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2008 5:02:00 PM More reviews by dizzied

My mom and my aunts are all about philosophy, so it wasn't long before a sample bottle of this heavenly cleanser fell into my hands. I wear lots of eye makeup, and like the label claims, it melts it right off! This is not a foamy cleanser. This is not a super duper fancy cleanser. It almost feels like a thick oil in consistency, without actually being an oil (if that makes any sense). It has an herbally, lavender scent that I do not find offensive. This product does its job without drying or irritating my skin. When I tone after, I have no residue left over and my skin feels clean, not tight.

I feel that it is suitable for any skin type, as it is a gentle cleanser without harsh foaming agents or acids to dry and irritate skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 11:13:00 PM More reviews by sharis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of those "Are we all talking about the same product here??" products. Did NOT take off my makeup (and I wear very light makeup) and it broke me out. I didn't like the feel or the smell of it either. Just total yuck! I don't get it. I'm so glad it works for so many but this was a disaster for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2008 6:07:00 AM More reviews by kc55

I really wanted to like this product. I heard so many good things about it but it made my face break out horribly. I had been using the Clinique 3 step system but it seemed harsh for my skin so I wanted something easier and gentler. I tried this for a week hoping things would get better but it just got worse. My skin on my jawline and near my nose just broke out like crazy and I know it's not that time of the month. It's not even just one or two pimples, it's like at least 10. I want to cry. Even clinique did not do that to me. =(

So, maybe this is good for those with dry skin or those whose pores tend not to be so congested. Back to the drawing board I go.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2008 5:56:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is really a nice cleanser. i have oily acne-prone skin and this stuff takes off all my makeup without drying my skin, and best of all this does not cause me to break out!!! yay!!! i love this the only thing i don't like is the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by pscalzi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great gentle cleanser, smells a little "soapy" but not too bad. Definitely removes makeup well; had been using Cetaphil and realized it wasn't taking all my makeup off, so I will switch to using Purity at night to remove makeup and Cetaphil in the morning to wake up. A little expensive, but worth it is you want something gentle yet works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2008 4:55:00 PM More reviews by lilysdoll

This is my absolute favorite cleanser. Works really well to remove makeup without stripping your skin. Doesnt really have a scent. Has a decent consistency. Not really a foaming cleanser so if you like bubbles. This isnt that. Although, I think Philosophy now makes a Purity foaming. I have purchased the jumbo size of this off of QVC. It comes with a pump. Making it easy to use. For me this is the perfect cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by teanlu

I don't have sensitive skin, and this product irritated me after 2 weeks of use. I continued to use just because I didn't want to jump to any conclusions that it was this face wash. After about a week of switching to a different face wash my skin was normal again (thank goodness). Too bad, I really did like the wash because it cleaned my makeup, even mascara, completely off my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Lveangel86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Got this as part of Philosophy Makeup Optional for congested skin kit which I bought because I have oily skin, large pores and blackheads on my nose area. First time I used it I felt like it left my skin very clean. I've been using it for 5 weeks now and I've noticed that its not working as well as I expected. I don't see any difference in my pores and this product has dried my face so much that the texture of my skin is 10x worse than from when before I started using this product. I stopped using the other components in the kit about 3 weeks ago which leads me to believe that its the cleanser that is drying my skin. The weird thing is that my face feels dryer and rough but I still have a lot of shine on my face, so its not really helping me at all.