October 1, 2014 | 1825 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by pscalzi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great gentle cleanser, smells a little "soapy" but not too bad. Definitely removes makeup well; had been using Cetaphil and realized it wasn't taking all my makeup off, so I will switch to using Purity at night to remove makeup and Cetaphil in the morning to wake up. A little expensive, but worth it is you want something gentle yet works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2008 4:55:00 PM More reviews by lilysdoll

This is my absolute favorite cleanser. Works really well to remove makeup without stripping your skin. Doesnt really have a scent. Has a decent consistency. Not really a foaming cleanser so if you like bubbles. This isnt that. Although, I think Philosophy now makes a Purity foaming. I have purchased the jumbo size of this off of QVC. It comes with a pump. Making it easy to use. For me this is the perfect cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by teanlu

I don't have sensitive skin, and this product irritated me after 2 weeks of use. I continued to use just because I didn't want to jump to any conclusions that it was this face wash. After about a week of switching to a different face wash my skin was normal again (thank goodness). Too bad, I really did like the wash because it cleaned my makeup, even mascara, completely off my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Lveangel86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Got this as part of Philosophy Makeup Optional for congested skin kit which I bought because I have oily skin, large pores and blackheads on my nose area. First time I used it I felt like it left my skin very clean. I've been using it for 5 weeks now and I've noticed that its not working as well as I expected. I don't see any difference in my pores and this product has dried my face so much that the texture of my skin is 10x worse than from when before I started using this product. I stopped using the other components in the kit about 3 weeks ago which leads me to believe that its the cleanser that is drying my skin. The weird thing is that my face feels dryer and rough but I still have a lot of shine on my face, so its not really helping me at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2008 11:06:00 AM More reviews by lovelie02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would buy this again, simply because I don't know what else at this point to use. I converted to Purity after I bought a Clarisonic. When I first got the Clarisonic I was using some pretty harsh cleansers, which severely irritated my skin. I was told to use something gentle with the Clarisonic, so naturally, Purity was the obvious choice. Using this with the Clarisonic hasn't been a miracle for my skin, but it doesn't dry it out and irritate it like other cleansers do. Being that my problem is mainly with blackheads, I'm at a crossroad as to what type of regime I should be using, but I will stick with this until I find something better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2008 4:34:00 PM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good thing I received 1.5 oz bottle for free as I am actualy using this to wash my handsy. Gift from Sephora. I actualy do not know where to start with this cleanser. Very water consistency which foams quickly but the longivity does not last. It actualy left my skin pasty and in need of a good cleansing. Also it was terrible at removing make-up. Though I washed twice, when going over the face with my toner there was still tons of make up left. I tried this for about 3 days and as stated above I converted it to a hand wash. I will not even consider trying any other products from this line again. Actually I am not sure why so many American bloggers are writing so much about this cleanser. The wording (poetry) on the bottle is catchy and cute but the product itself is - ja- not worth using.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2008 10:23:00 AM More reviews by zem137

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have oily, sensitive, acne prone skin with redness in the cheeks and around the nose. This cleanses my skin without making it feel tight or itchy, and even seems to soothe the redness. Smells like a rose garden without being perfumey. I have been using this since last January and my skin is nicer than it has ever been! Smoother, softer, less breakouts, happy skin. Best facial cleanser I have tried so far!

**UPDATE**
Still using this as my regular everyday cleanser with much success. Just purchased the giant pump bottle size as it's a great value!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2008 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

I bought this product about an year ago. The first review I did talked about an allergice reaction but that's not apt. I put this in the "junk" closet and let it lie. After a year I decided to try it again, it smells so good and I love the high foaming action. Wow. Talk about DRY, ASHY SKIN. I read the ingredients...in theory this should be an excellent cleanser...sadly, no. Back to my good old Neutrogena Deep Clean.
***UPDATE*** Wow, this is an old review. I have stopped using Neutrogena Deep Clean about 2 or 3 years ago. See my notepad or other reviews to find out what I have tried :j

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2008 12:59:00 AM More reviews by redroses168

Bought this recently after hearing a lot of good reviews on it and really wanted to try it out. Been using it for about 2 weeks now, it really does the job for removing makeup effortlessly, especially eye make-up. Loving it for that, but i notice i started to have little red bump on my face. Dont know if its the cleanser or something else. But it really does the job for removing all your make-up and no more raccoon eyes for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2008 2:06:00 PM More reviews by petzgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily asian skin thats acne prone, and I've been using this really simple soap bar cleanser I got from taiwan but i had trouble trying to carry it with me, so I decided I'd give this a try, since I've seen so many reviews on it XD it's great! I love how it lathers with a little bit and feels great when I wash it off, my skin feels so smooth!