April 16, 2014 | 906 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2008 2:40:00 AM More reviews by lalalie_xoxo

This is one of the best cleansers I've had in a long time, I can't believe it took me so long to give it a try! Some info on me first:
- Dry, sensitive skin
- No acne and not prone to break outs
- Some dry patches w/ flakes

I was really afraid that this product was going to break me out because most "mosturizing" cleansers tend to leave an icky film that can't be washed off no matter what. Thankfully, this cleanser is just GREAT really simple (to it's name)--it has the capability to take off my make up and leave my skin nicely moisturized and clean! No tight skin feeling or over greasy film here!

Sure, it's a little pricey... I could buy 3 of my drugstore cleansers for one 8 oz. bottle of Purity for $20.00, but then again, I only use about a dime sized amount and it took me quite a while to get through the 2 oz. bottle I got to try this product out so when you do divide up the price with usage, it really is worth it. You get better deals on price per ounce if you buy the larger bottles, but I just don't want a pound (or more) of the stuff just sitting there.

I'd definitely repurchase because this is my HG cleanser and I usually stick to something for at least 3 or more years before deciding to switch since I'm so afraid to break out.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGlam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was ok. It didn't do anything bad to my skin but didn't do anything great for it either. I mainly bought it because it says it removes makeup but it didn't remove eye make up very well which is why I didn't give it extra stars. It didn't help with my oily skin either. I think this product works better on people with normal or sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by ljteich

I was hesitant to buy this at first since I thought it was just going to be a more expensive version of Cetaphil, but after using a small bottle that was included in one of philosophy's kits, I can safely say that I am hooked. This is the perfect cleanser for my fair, sensitive, combination skin - it cleanses thoroughly without drying and a small amount goes a long way.

A little less than 1 week ago, I started using this cleanser along with the microdelivery peel (which, due to my sensitive skin, I used/will use only once a week) and the microdelivery peel pads (which I used/will use the other 6 days a week) and in that short amount of time, I have seen a HUGE difference in my skin. Not only have these 3 products of cleared up some stubborn acne that appeared for the 1st time in my 30s, but they have faded the pink marks that the acne had left behind, made my pores look compeletly invisible, and left my skin looking younger and more radiant (giving me back the rosie glow I had in my early 20s).

I can't wait to try the rest of Philosophy's skin care line.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Nepheliad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For me this cleanser didn't work out. I wish I could give this 0 lippies. I used it for a few months. At first I thought it was pretty good. Then I noticed I was getting flaky, dry, rough patches on my face in random areas that would not go away even when I put moisturizer. The rest of my face was still a bit oily as it usually is except for these small patches. It was kind of like excema. I even tried vaseline! I have never experienced this before. My skin has always been pretty oily. So I went back to using my Yon-ka Lait Nettoyant and it went away. I am visiting and staying at my mom's right now and brought the Philosophy cleanser because i have it in a small travel size bottle. Never again! I can see the dry patches coming back in the exact same spots and the rest of my face is oilier than usual and I have only been using it for a few days morning and night. I am putting it up for swap if anyone is interested!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2008 1:29:00 AM More reviews by sastephens

I like this cleanser. I don't wear a lot of face makeup...mostly powder and bronzer. I have an oily t-zone and the rest of my face is pretty much normal. Cleans my face nicely and isn't drying. Pretty simple.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by rates12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried almost every cleanser out there and not found one that does what Purity does for my skin! It removes my makeup, cleanses, tones and leaves my slightly hydrated. Works perfect for my skin type!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by scarletspidertn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I"ve been using this for about 3 months now & I'm sold. The very first night I noticed that it removed all my eye makeup without even reaching for remover. I waited awhile to make sure it didn't dry me out or make my skin tight and so far so good. No breakouts either. Pleasant smell and leaves my skin feeling soft. Definately worth trying out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2008 9:21:00 PM More reviews by LCC

I love this product. After years of spending too much on "designer products", I had decided that many drug store products (neutrogena, olay, etc.) are just as good for my difficult skin. This product has changed my mind. I was surprised at how well it removes makeup --even eye makeup. It really is a one step product. M skin feels clean without being dry. I'm sold!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by sandyroy01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is ok. Nothing special. I didn't feel like it did anything for my skin but made it oily. I returned this to Sephora.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2008 10:34:00 AM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was an okay overall cleanser. I tought it was kinda over priced and think it just would be cheaper to use any unscented and all natural baby cleanser on the market. It leaves you skin clean like it claims but most soaps do that. I guess if you have sensitive skin this is any okay product line. I got mine as a gift but probaly would not puchase it on my own due to the price.