November 26, 2014 | 1196 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by melindamac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS. I love this it gives beautiful full thick dark lashes def. one of my all time favorite mascaras. Will always be in my stash.

Note Did not like the Black drama version. It was dry and clumpy on me . I gotit when it first came out but I might try it again later to see if I just got a bad one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Espressophia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I haven't experienced anything that the previous reviewers have described. Zero clumping or flaking, this stuff lasts all day long and never fades or loses the curl in my lashes. Others say they hate the spoon-shaped wand, but I personally like it. After playing around with it I've learned how to really use it to enhance the lengthening effect.

Pros: The formula glides on smoothly and stays wet, allowing for a second coat without drying out and getting sticky and flaky before you're done applying. And WOW does this really lengthen my lashes! Yeah, so it may not look like false lashes-- nothing will except the real thing-- but the length is like nothing I've ever seen in a mascara. At only $5, this mascara is a great deal.

Cons: While it does add tons of length, it is a little lacking in volume (Luckily my lashes aren't that thin, so I don't mind as much. I'd still prefer this product over one that volumizes but does not lengthen). The wand is a little awkward at first but you get used to it. The mascara is indeed wet, so there's a chance you'll get some smudges on your lids if you don't wait for it to dry.

Bottom Line: I hesitate to call it my HG, but right now it's my number 1 mascara. I'd compare it to Clinique's High Lengths but it gets my lashes longer and it's a little more natural looking than using HL's comb-wand. I like the Falsies way better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by makeupluvr22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

im really suprised to see bad reviews on this product, because i loved it! i use this mascara everyday and it doesnt really clump up. i also used the waterproof one over summer for when i went swimming, and it stayed on very well!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Princess817

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I actually liked this product until a couple days later. It irritated my eyes and made them feel constantly that there was something in them. Maybe not good for sensitive people. But it DID give my totally straight lashes a little curve to them, without a curler. It definitely didn't make me look like I was wearing false eyelashes though. If you don't have sensitive eyes, I would recommend if the price is right where you are. Not terrible, but not the greatest either.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2011 10:34:00 AM More reviews by oliviamorgan88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Certainly not the best mascara I have ever used. It also doesn't give me a "false" effect, it clumps my lashes together because it is so runny. The brush is also strange. I prefer the more "old school," if you will, type of fiber mascara brushes. I found this one to work against the formula, providing for long but stuck-together lashes. I also left it out for an entire day with the cap open to *hopefully* let it dry it. However, the formula is still runny. I will use this mascara up, but I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2011 8:48:00 AM More reviews by twinkellastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

not great or anything but certainly not horrible either...does a decent job but i wouldnt say its close to even having falsies on...i prefer other mascaras over this but over all a decent everyday mascara...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2011 8:15:00 AM More reviews by hotpinklips

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got good results from this. Nothing ground-breaking or HG worthy, but good.

I think the BEST part of this product is that is doesnt clump. Ive had mine for waaay too long, and when i use it, it looks natural and non-clumpy. It gives a kind of feathery/natural look to my very fine blond lashes.

Since i was small, ive never had brows or lashes that show up because i have light hair, and this really works well in my opinion.

Its also easy to use because of the curve of the brush, and easy to find in my MU bag (the shape is nice to hold). I would not use this for going out/partying though. just not enough volume in my opinion. BUt definitely for everyday, i use it with all my bronzey/taupe eyeshadows, and it complements any day time look very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by ajkeys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was honestly suprised by all the negative reviews on here. I felt like falsies helped lengthen my lashes and gave me some good volume. It also didn't seem to clump like most others and I like the brush size. Plus the color is cute!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by xoxolaurenn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When i apply this mascara at first, i think it looks okay. It's definitely not the best mascara i've tried. I already have pretty long lashes and i feel like this does make them look longer. It doesn't quite give the volume that i want. Since my lashes are pretty long, they need some volume or else they don't look full. I'm fine with way it looks when it is first applied, but it doesn't hold curl at all. That's a pretty big problem for me, because my lashes kind of just droop down and don't look as noticeable. I don't hate this mascara, i wish it just held the curl more and gave more volume. It doesn't leave me with raccoon eyes at the end of the day which is good! I'll probably use this up, but i'll try something new once i'm done.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by kea2115

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really do like the way this product made my lashes look, which makes me so sad that I would be unwilling to buy this product again. It definitely does volumize my lashes and make them much more dramatic and pronounced, but it is an absolute pain to take off! Maybe it is because I used the waterproof formula, but no matter how much makeup remover I used, I would wake up the next morning and without fail, would have left over mascara residue under my eyes. Not only that, but it would smudge unto my lower lids and I wouldn't even put it on my bottom lashes! If they just improved the formula to be smudge-free and easy to remove, I would certainly be willing to buy it again. But until then, it's off to sample some other brands.