October 26, 2014 | 1046 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by ajkeys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was honestly suprised by all the negative reviews on here. I felt like falsies helped lengthen my lashes and gave me some good volume. It also didn't seem to clump like most others and I like the brush size. Plus the color is cute!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by xoxolaurenn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When i apply this mascara at first, i think it looks okay. It's definitely not the best mascara i've tried. I already have pretty long lashes and i feel like this does make them look longer. It doesn't quite give the volume that i want. Since my lashes are pretty long, they need some volume or else they don't look full. I'm fine with way it looks when it is first applied, but it doesn't hold curl at all. That's a pretty big problem for me, because my lashes kind of just droop down and don't look as noticeable. I don't hate this mascara, i wish it just held the curl more and gave more volume. It doesn't leave me with raccoon eyes at the end of the day which is good! I'll probably use this up, but i'll try something new once i'm done.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by kea2115

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really do like the way this product made my lashes look, which makes me so sad that I would be unwilling to buy this product again. It definitely does volumize my lashes and make them much more dramatic and pronounced, but it is an absolute pain to take off! Maybe it is because I used the waterproof formula, but no matter how much makeup remover I used, I would wake up the next morning and without fail, would have left over mascara residue under my eyes. Not only that, but it would smudge unto my lower lids and I wouldn't even put it on my bottom lashes! If they just improved the formula to be smudge-free and easy to remove, I would certainly be willing to buy it again. But until then, it's off to sample some other brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by insidiousplan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been a little surprised with all of the negative reviews of this product. To me, this mascara is VERY similar to Maybelline's The Colossal Volum' Express. I LOVE that mascara; the brush separates; there is no clumping; it volumizes very well, and it gives some length. However, the non-waterproof version smudges and runs very easily. All of these things are mostly true for this mascara. There was one real flaw in this mascara, and that was the wand. It was too flimsy to really get into the lashes and separate, which means some clumping. It is also a strange spoon brush, not super curved, but curved enough that it is a little awkward.

Overall, the mascara both volumized and lengthened my lashes. It was a bit smudgy, but the brush is what really did it in. I didn't hate it, but I wouldn't buy it again because I prefer the Colossal Volum' Express.
EDIT: I've just tried it again after a while, and it has dried out a bit, and it works SOOO much better. Wasn't that great at the start, but it certainly impressed me after it had a chance to dry a little.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Steffy678

Not bad, But deffinatley not good. This weighed my eyelashes down so much and I don't know if this is possible but it makes my eyelashes look SMALLER? My eyelashes look like small, dry, crunchy cockroach legs(Yuck!) and the wand is so...weird. No bueno! Now I got to put up with it until I finish it, I hate throwing money away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by msgrape

This mascara was really messy, thick and "clumpy".

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by moonxxriver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually really really liked what this stuff did for my eyelashes in the short time I wore this. Unfortunately, my eyes did not like this mascara. This is the only mascara I've ever worn that has irritated my eyes. My eyelids were red, swollen, and itchy. I'm a waitress at a restaurant and my coworkers and even customers would stop me to ask if I was okay because they thought I'd been crying. My eyelashes looked great though and I guess that's what this product is supposed to do. Obviously, I will not be repurchasing because I had to stop using this stuff within a week because they continued to bother my eyes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

I am extremely loyal to my L'oreal Voluminous mascara and hesitant to try anything else. I have been looking and reading about this mascara for months and finally decided to try it. I should have listened to the reviews and not purchased. First of all, may I say that the commercial is lies! They go on and on about not having to wear false lashes again and the girls in the commercial are 100% them. Who are they trying to fool? This mascara did nothing for my lashes...and didn't make it look anything like I was wearing false eyelashes at all. The formula was dry and didn't keep the curl in my lashes. It clumped up my lashes making them look like spider legs and halfway through the day started to transfer below my bottom lashes making me look like I had black eyes. Forget about putting on a second coat...it just makes it all look worse. I will never repurchase again

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by thisyearsgirl

I chose this mascara because of the cute name and price, but this product did not work for me. I found the mascara wand to be awkward, and the actual mascara was quite clumpy. It definitely did not separate my lashes - more like made them stick together. The mascara also runs very easily. I noticed it starting to smudge under my eyes by mid day. I also had to use more eye make up remover to get all of the product off my lashes. Even still, I would wake up with hints of the mascara under my eyes. Strike one, Maybelline!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by kirstabelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Crap! Runniest, messiest mascara ever. Crazy huge brush that glues all my lashes together, smears wet mascara all over my eyelids, it does make your eyelashes appear longer but not in a good way. The ends of my lashes (of which it looks like there are about 7 chunky lashes because of the clumping) have those horrid little spindly fibers on the end, all crooked and gross. And even when it seems like it is all off at the end of the day I wake up in the morning with those little fibers in the corners of my eyes. Yuck. Total waste of money. Since I MUST give it one lippy, it gets that lippy for being a true black formula. Which looks awesome splashed all over your eyelid and brow bone because it takes ages to dry!