Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies

3.4

AQUA / WATER, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, CERA CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-20, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, SIMETHICONE, RAYON, DISODIUM EDTA, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, SILICA,PANTHENOL

on 1/20/2011 9:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I just bought this mascara a couple of days ago, even though I know the reviews on it are mixed. I wanted to try it out regardless of some of the negative things that have been said about it; and I'm glad i gave it a chance. While it is a little bit more tricky than some mascaras, it does define eyes and give the look of thicker, fuller and longer lashes. It holds curl amazingly well and actually curls my lashes like crazy if I use an eyelash curler first. I actually even like the colour of the packaging that everyone else has been saying negative things about. I will probably re-purchase this.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

this mascara is fantastic! one of the bests out there
with one coat is not very impressive but it builds up amazingly, i guess the trick is to use it correctly...rubbing your lashes with the inside of the curvy part of the wand (if it makes sense)
it gives you great volume and length

on 1/20/2011 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This gets a lot of raves and as usual I fall prey to these glowing reviews.
I personally didn't think it was nothing more than mediocre. Actually I am giving it a lower score because the results after 2 days of straight use were super irritated lids. I mean they were painful for days!
The mascara itself is okay, but if you are one of those obsessive combers...like I am, this will clump something crazy on you. That's because the formula itself has what feels like that fiber extending crap ...forgot the name. In any case, it clumps like crazy.
If you can work around it and don't have sensitive eyes, this mascara might work for you. Otherwise find something else.
Will not repurchase.

on 1/19/2011 9:55:00 PM

Heard things. Things true. Holds the curl well and I do see a very noticeable difference, not sure if it's length, volume, or both but something made me go whoa. You just have to figure out how to work the brush. Do my lashes look fake after this? No, but they look waaay better than they do with define a lash, buxom, or lash blast (I am a lover of lash blast)
Lash blast also somehow manages to clump up in the corner of my eye when i go to sleep after i wake up in the morning (even after make up removing it) that crap stays on solid...uf and yuck. Falsies don't give me a problem with removal.
The packaging for falsies is super dumb though, not that it should matter haha.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is one of my favorite drugstore mascaras, and Maybelline never ceases to impress me! Falsies is a nice everyday mascara that doesn't clump or flake, and comes off easily. It's also a great dupe for Lancome's Hypnose Drama, which I also tried. There isn't much of a difference between the two besides the packaging and wand. This is a steal, I definitely recommend it to anyone!

on 1/19/2011 12:00:00 PM

Great cheap mascara. It doesn't run, doesn't flake and it doesn't smudge. I get dark, voluminous lashes that I enjoy looking at when I catch myself in a mirror. Hard to complain about a decent mascara that retails for $6 CAD. That's pennies! PENNIES!

on 1/18/2011 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This mascara is a mess with payout. With patience, really impressive lashes come out of the goopy, clumpy, tube and wand. Most dramatic mascara I have tried, long wearing, does not stink like Colossal. I like this.

on 1/18/2011 7:51:00 PM

I'm loving this mascara and I have tried many! It makes my lashes look amazingly long and thick and people comment on it all the time. I do apply it then use the wand from an old lash blast that i cleaned to separate them all for the best effect.

on 1/18/2011 6:58:00 PM

I love this. I've tried plenty of mascaras and this lifts my curled lashes and STAYS LIFTED. Yeah, it gets very very small clumps at the end but you just need to flick and comb it out once and it's solved! It lengthens (alot) and volumizes (a little). And I really love it.

on 1/18/2011 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's not the end-all be-all of mascaras ... but it is great to accentuate lifeless lashes! I really like it; and I have long eyelashes to begin with ... it just really enhances them. Sometimes it can clump, but I think that's purely under the control of the applicator (me). I do think there's a real art to applying mascara. Anyhow, I will probably purchase it again ... until the next thing comes along. Just F.Y.I. - I was previously using Volum Express, also by Maybelline.

Video Reviews & Tutorials