Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies

3.4

AQUA / WATER, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, CERA CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-20, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, SIMETHICONE, RAYON, DISODIUM EDTA, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, SILICA,PANTHENOL

on 1/18/2011 6:58:00 PM

I love this. I've tried plenty of mascaras and this lifts my curled lashes and STAYS LIFTED. Yeah, it gets very very small clumps at the end but you just need to flick and comb it out once and it's solved! It lengthens (alot) and volumizes (a little). And I really love it.

on 1/18/2011 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's not the end-all be-all of mascaras ... but it is great to accentuate lifeless lashes! I really like it; and I have long eyelashes to begin with ... it just really enhances them. Sometimes it can clump, but I think that's purely under the control of the applicator (me). I do think there's a real art to applying mascara. Anyhow, I will probably purchase it again ... until the next thing comes along. Just F.Y.I. - I was previously using Volum Express, also by Maybelline.

on 1/18/2011 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love using this over my other mascara! It works so amazingly! I definitely recommend this to try over any other mascara.

on 1/17/2011 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Let's just say I got rid of this within 2 days! I honestly can't tell you why I even hated it...its just that unimpressive. I did give packaging a 4 because the brush had potential to be great..or so I thought. Next!

on 1/17/2011 9:49:00 PM

"Spidery" was the word that kept coming to mind with this stuff.

Thick, clump-prone, not impressed with the brush. I felt rather 1970s -- big thick unseparated lashes. Could not reach lashes at corners with brush provided.

Overall impression: cheap, in many ways. This was thrown out after a week or two.

The tube I bought had some manufacturing defects -- several bristles on the brush were twice as long as the rest of them, and there was a poor join on the wand and it looked like it was about to split into two pieces. Great. Perhaps I can e-mail them a picture and ask for a replacement? Maybelline.ca --> no "Contact us" on-line! In 2010! Commented on their Facebook page. Maybelline response: nothing. This was my first Maybelline purchase since early adolescence, and also my last. Yuk.

PROS: The curved applicator curls your lashes, makes your lashes really dark, doesnt clump
CONS: the packaging is really light and cheap, it does not give any length or volume
I didnt dislike this mascara, but it is not one of the best.

on 1/17/2011 12:16:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is the best mascara I have ever used. I dont even need to curl my lashes before I use this mascara because the curved brush does it for me. My lashes have never been this long. I just wish it was a little more volumizing.

on 1/16/2011 12:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

this right now is my favourite mascara! I love the more dramatic look it gives me, and if I apply it very carefully, it can look pretty natural. The #1 reason i LOVE this is because it actually curls my lashes! i don't know how but using this without curling my lashes at all gives me the same look as if i curled them. The only thing is it was a bit too liquidy at first, so now the bottle dried up a little and it works a lot better.

on 1/15/2011 11:00:00 PM

This mascara was ok, though did not make my lashes any longer then they already are. I like the curved wand and the colour of the package. I would buy again if on sale, but I'm gonna just stick with maybeline great lash mascara for now.
UPDATE! AFTER ABOUT A WEEK OF USING THIS IT SUDDENLY BECAME AMAZING!!!! LOVE IT

on 1/15/2011 9:26:00 PM

I like the curved brush because I'm able to reach the small corners and the small plastic bristles help reduce a mascara mess from having long lashes but I can't really spread out the mascara and have to stroke the brush across a few times for even coverage. The regular mascara flakes and rubs off easily but the waterproof stays on well throughout the day.

Video Reviews & Tutorials