April 16, 2014 | 1967 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by breanneg2011

I'm known for changing my mascara everytime when I buy a new one, so I don't really have a HG. However, I use this mascara everyday under my recently purchased CoverGirl LashBlast Mascara. It's my ultimate go-to mascara for layering. When first using it, I found that the excess on the brush was an annoyance. However, my cousin purchased this mascara as well and she found a solution. When removing the brush, scrape both sides of the spoon-shaped brush onto the top of the container. This will remove the excess and provide a nice coating of mascara on the lashes. I will definitely repurchase this mascara again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by MissKSansom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara clumps up easily , maybe my eye lashes just suck because I am having a really hard time finding a good mascara. In general this mascara it's okay. I don't know why people on comments before mine really believe their lashes are going to look like the girls in the commercial. It's all fake, this mascara is okay..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by EvilyKyoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was a decent mascara. It did make my lashes look bigger and fuller. It does clump at times, though. And as someone in a previous review said they do have that 'tarantula lash' effect. The reason I personally wouldn't buy it again was cuz it just wasn't solidly black enough. I do reccomend trying it though.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by motherof1familyof3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was a horrible mascara for me. My lashes immediately clumped together and I find the formula too wet for my liking. While the color was a rich black on my lashes the mascara was a complete waste.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by EJFlatt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Horrible. Brush is huge and oddly shaped, hard to apply to lashes. I've tried many different ways to get it to work but just not working. Tons of excess mascara on the brush everytime & just clumps up everytime I try to use it. I would probaly say this is one of the worst mascaras I've ever bought & will never buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i love fabulash but i got this free with my ulta points for the quarter. i like the effect. my lashes do nice with this. i don't know if they look like false lashes but good nonetheless. i do wish the brush was a little firmer. i don't care for looser brushes but it's not that bad by any means. i'll probably go back to my fabulash but this is a nice alternative.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by babyruth181

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

BOO!! the commerical lied about no clumps or gaps, and tarantula lashes . This mascara has all 3 problems ..definitely takes alot of effort and concentration when applying. but no matter how careful I am I always get the black clumps on my lashes ..not a good look.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2010 12:04:00 PM More reviews by titina206

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is not a bad mascara. I will not repurchase it because it was nothing special for me. I give it 3 lippies.
Pros:
- The brush / wand and packaging.
- The formula seems to keep my lashes curled.
- The color (black) looks really black (some mascaras look like dark grey).
- Lashes donít look clumpy on the first and second coat.
- Itís not as thick as other formulas, which for me is very good and helps coat each lash separetly.
Cons:
- It flakes after a couple of hours. (I donít use any base)
- The false lashes effect is not noticeble. It does not give extra length to my lashes nor makes them look more voluminous.
- Everytime I use this mascara, when I take my make up off, my lashes fall out. It has only happened to me with this mascara.
- If I apply more than 2 coats of mascara, my lashes get clumped and the only solutions is to comb them with another wand (and then sometimes they fall out, or the mascara starts flaking).

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by CoCoDebonair

So apparently it's ok to sell a joke. The commercial....the commercial really makes it hype and I get that it's part of advertising but there should be at least a little bit of truth. I bought it with confidence knowing that I wouldnt get the false lashes they used in the commercial but maybe a pick me up from the other brands, which it did only to satisfy me a little. I'd have to apply numerous coats and the brush actually wasn't the softest thing on earth. Of course the packaging was very cute & vibrant. But over all I wouldn't buy again. Try if you want...even reviewing about it is making my eyelashes hurt. Lol

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by kaylas2

Every single time I wear this mascara, not only do I get compliments every time on my lashes, but I've had women ask me where I got my eyelash extensions done. Absolutely love this mascara: it doesn't flake, doesn't smudge or smear, doesn't irritate my contacts, and makes me look like a million bucks. Hands down my new favorite, and is now my HG of mascaras.