July 30, 2014 | 1161 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by smell_the_roses

Liked the look of this powder but it broke me out! I don't usually break out with powders but everytime I wore this, I'd get a few small pimples scattered around. But if you can tolerate, it looked nice. I was using it after sunscreen to even my skin up and also for touchups. A little swipe took away any shine without being cakey.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2008 7:33:00 AM More reviews by bibiancheng

I think Maybelline did a good job even compares to the department store brands. I am one of their big fan after receiving so much compliments by using their products. Anyways, I was a supporter of their superstay silky foundation, however one day, I was asked to have lunch with my bf when I have no makeups on!!! With a 15 minutes break, I decided to pick something cheap from maybelline in the drugstore. Luckily I saw this on sale, so I picked the Medium 2-2.5, rushed to my car, and used it during red lights, By the time i met my bf, Boom! I was transformed to a gorgeous lady! Actually, one thing I really like about Maybelline is the application is always easy! You don't need moisturizer, makeup base, sunscreen, foundation brush, translucent powder and you can still look wonderful with a few strokes. It's always good for me, who is a makeup dummy. Update: I bought the cream thinking it's better to my skin color, it's a whole different story, it's extremly caky, I can see blots of powder on my face after applying it. I don't like it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2008 3:47:00 PM More reviews by chocodcocoa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this yesterday on a whim... I'm NC25 /NC30 in winter and I bought this in beige.

Matches pretty well when I brush it on lightly, but I packed it on with a sponge just to see how quickly it will get powdery or cakey... and it only looked thick after the 5th thick layer so that is a plus =)

I'm not sure why people say it has mineral oil in this... on the compact it says that it's oil-free...? I will update if this breaks me out, but hopefully it won't since this controls shine WAY better than my mineral veil. The mineral veil is still good for setting my makeup though.

So far I do like this... feels light and offers a tiny bit of coverage, does not look cakey unless you really pack it on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2008 7:44:00 PM More reviews by annaharris_227

This is a good powder, and I rarely ever like stuff from Maybelline! I'm an NC30, so I picked out the Sand shade. It looks scary light in the pan at times, but it blends in nicely and keeps the oilies away for a reasonable amount of time (4 hours for me). Yes, there is some slight shimmer, but it's not over the top. The only reason I'm giving this a four has to do with the packaging. I love how the mirror and sponge part swivels out, but I put my own applicator sponge in there (instead of that thin one you get), and the container doesn't close all the way at times. Another thing: Be careful not to overapply, as this gets cakey very easily! It took me a while to get the hang of how much to put on my face!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2008 11:49:00 AM More reviews by miss_mimi612

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This powder made me breakout. Nothing major but very small bumps on my face. I also noticed that it has a tiny amount of shimmer in it which is not something I look for in an oil control powder. The packaging was a bit annoying and bulky but the color selection was nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2008 11:42:00 PM More reviews by missnattii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay...I have to give this powder a perfect score. This is only the third powder I have ever used in my life, however. After using a moisturizer, my face tends to be shiny, so I decided to buy a powder to use along with it. The first powder that I bought was the Neutrogena SkinClearing Oil-Free Pressed Powder. Man...what a freakin waste of money. ((Read my review for it if you're planning on buying it!!)) It went straight to the garbage. Anyways, I went powder hunting again. I considered CoverGirl's Clean Fragrance-Free Pressed Powder. It didn't match my skintone whatsoever and it didn't control shine. Then one day, I stumbled upon the Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder reviews and decided to give it a shot. At the store, it was sorta difficult choosing the shade. I am a total beginner at this skin-tone-matching stuff. I went with the color, Ivory, Light 2-3. I was hesitant about choosing that shade however, because I thought it would look much too light. It was a perfect match when I put it on! It looks shimmery in the little flippy case, but it turns out very matte on your face. I couldn't stop touching my forhead after I put it on. (I only put powder on my t-zone for shine control). My skin felt soooo smooth! The little suede puff feels nice on your face as well. The case took me a while to open...since I'm a blonde at heart. =] Once you get the hang of how to open it, it's a breeze to work. There is only one problem with it however. Many people complain that this powder causes them to break out. But it's non-comedogenic and doesn't clog pores as well. It's also oil-free. How can it cause break outs? My face is acne-prone and sensitive, yet I my skin doesn't get breakouts or irritation from this! Lucky me. =] If it does cause you acne...try wearing a blemish-healing concealer underneath. I use Almay Clear Complexion Concealer so that the acne doesn't flare up under the make-up. The powder really does work well if you use it properly!! So overall, this is my HG Pressed Powder. Without it, my face feels naked. I will most definitely buy thing powder again. For only $8, this is a bargain. Probably one of Maybelline's best products. I highly recommend this powder!! So go out and buy it!! =]

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2008 11:14:00 PM More reviews by mhm_megan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i bought this product about two months ago, and i haven't had any problems with it at all. sometimes, yeah i did get somewhat shiny, but it wasn't bad at all. it covered nicely and was really light on my face. i really liked the packaging. i'll probably keep the mirror part. i would recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2008 9:59:00 PM More reviews by dudeitsrenee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this powder when I first bought it. It's very matte, looks natural, feels feather light, and is so inexpensive. I was never sure about the packaging, but I use a brush to apply and a seperate light-up compact mirror for touch ups, so I didn't really have to deal with the strange compact. For a few weeks, I adored this and would have given it five lippies, but then, strangely enough, I started to get shiny every day. I have very dry skin and I never experience any problems with shine, so this freaked me out - Until one day I went without makeup and my face didn't shine at all. The next day I skipped the powder and had the same results. I don't know why or how, but this was making my face oily, and I even got a few red bumps from it. It appears to be pretty popular with most, but you couldn't pay me to wear it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2008 6:30:00 PM More reviews by hannah16

i just bought this product a week or so ago because my covergirl was looking cakey and breaking me out, which almost never happens. and even after like, 30 minutes, would be all shiney. and it made my forehead look weird, which really bothers me. oh well, moving on, this is much better. i just wore that today and no foundation and my skin is fine. i put it on a few hours ago and my skin isn't oily, and i feel like if i reapplied it my forehead would still look fine. (you know how it looks cakey kind've? drives me insane...) but for now, this is much better, and also matches my skin really good. i'd reccomend it to someone. FOR NOW. i'll update if it seems to change, or breaks me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2008 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

This is definitely a keeper! The quality of this product is much better than the HE brands that I have tried and I have tried them all. It has a great staying power that could be attributed to the finely milled ingredients. Basically, it gets absorbed without clogging the pores. The coverage is excellent. If it is worn over liquid foundation, it will make your skin look flawless. Great job, Maybelline!