October 2, 2014 | 1354 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

Okay, so i was going to switch to organic makeup. which i did. but, i gave all my other makeup products away for the face except for this one. i was really looking for a makeup that didn't have parabens in it, but this one does. this worked so well that i didn't care what they put in it! i loved the packaging! this is awesome and i would definitely recommend this. i love the powder and i would definitely buy it again. it is very soft and has a luxurious silky feel, while being lightweight. by far, this is one of my favorite non organic products ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2008 4:34:00 PM More reviews by jazmina94

This is my first pressed powder.
    And I love it.
    I apply it with a brush and it goes on evenly and gives a matte look. Color is perfect for my skin. Will def. buy again :]

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2008 11:47:00 AM More reviews by imbettingonalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This looked nice and natural on me, but it did not really control my oil any better than normal powder. I use Wet N Wild's pressed powder now and it works way better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2008 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Goldie_Loks

Love the Dream Matte Mousse, but the pressed powder is just "ok". The very first time I tried to use it to blot some oil, it caked up and looked thick & blotchy. The Maybelline Shine Free powder gives a beautiful finish, and you can't even see it on your skin, even after repeated applications, but this stuff gets splotchy! It does work well as an initial setting over the Mousse foundation, and it does help me to stay matte longer, but I hate that I can't use it for touch-ups without being a cakey mess! Also, I HATE the stupid 2-part swivel compact! I'm hoping they will change to a traditional compact style. But do try the Dream Matte Mousse if you have combo or oily skin, it's the BEST!**UPDATE: I figured out this powder looks great when worn alone!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 5:25:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I generally don't like pressed powders and typically use a cream to powder foundation and nothing else. That hasn't been possible lately (discontinued my HG foundation). I was surprised I actually quite like this powder it's very soft, doesn't look chalky but still controls my oil and keeps me looking matte for a while (longer than most products) and the colour looks perfect on me (I was the lightest shade). At first I really thought the packaging was cute. Not so much anymore though, I don't like where the mirror is located it makes it difficult for me to use it while applying the powder and it gets all covered in powder left on the applicator. I would prefer the mirror be on the top of the product and the case open all the way with just the swivel base with applicator puff underneath. Ahh well, I guess you can't get everything you want. Anyway great product, controls oil, and NO BREAKOUTS will repurchase.
    EDIT: I strayed from this powder thinking I could find something better, none of the powders I tried were any better than this, although I found that clarins matte powder (sorry can't remember the exact name) was very very similar except for the price. So i learned my lesson, I am sticking with maybelline.
    Edit august 2010 - they have discontinued some of the colours. I am VERY pale, so pale that many companies do not make a foundation to match my skin. I tried this in the current lightest shade which is 4-5 Cream Light, I didn't not think it would work since I was 1-2 originally but it blends out very well, so I suggest you give it a try even if you think it might not work for you. Just make sure the store has a decent return policy. I am still sad that they discontinued my shade bit the difference between the 2 is really not that significant.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by smell_the_roses

Liked the look of this powder but it broke me out! I don't usually break out with powders but everytime I wore this, I'd get a few small pimples scattered around. But if you can tolerate, it looked nice. I was using it after sunscreen to even my skin up and also for touchups. A little swipe took away any shine without being cakey.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2008 7:33:00 AM More reviews by bibiancheng

I think Maybelline did a good job even compares to the department store brands. I am one of their big fan after receiving so much compliments by using their products. Anyways, I was a supporter of their superstay silky foundation, however one day, I was asked to have lunch with my bf when I have no makeups on!!! With a 15 minutes break, I decided to pick something cheap from maybelline in the drugstore. Luckily I saw this on sale, so I picked the Medium 2-2.5, rushed to my car, and used it during red lights, By the time i met my bf, Boom! I was transformed to a gorgeous lady! Actually, one thing I really like about Maybelline is the application is always easy! You don't need moisturizer, makeup base, sunscreen, foundation brush, translucent powder and you can still look wonderful with a few strokes. It's always good for me, who is a makeup dummy. Update: I bought the cream thinking it's better to my skin color, it's a whole different story, it's extremly caky, I can see blots of powder on my face after applying it. I don't like it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2008 3:47:00 PM More reviews by chocodcocoa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this yesterday on a whim... I'm NC25 /NC30 in winter and I bought this in beige.

Matches pretty well when I brush it on lightly, but I packed it on with a sponge just to see how quickly it will get powdery or cakey... and it only looked thick after the 5th thick layer so that is a plus =)

I'm not sure why people say it has mineral oil in this... on the compact it says that it's oil-free...? I will update if this breaks me out, but hopefully it won't since this controls shine WAY better than my mineral veil. The mineral veil is still good for setting my makeup though.

So far I do like this... feels light and offers a tiny bit of coverage, does not look cakey unless you really pack it on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2008 7:44:00 PM More reviews by annaharris_227

This is a good powder, and I rarely ever like stuff from Maybelline! I'm an NC30, so I picked out the Sand shade. It looks scary light in the pan at times, but it blends in nicely and keeps the oilies away for a reasonable amount of time (4 hours for me). Yes, there is some slight shimmer, but it's not over the top. The only reason I'm giving this a four has to do with the packaging. I love how the mirror and sponge part swivels out, but I put my own applicator sponge in there (instead of that thin one you get), and the container doesn't close all the way at times. Another thing: Be careful not to overapply, as this gets cakey very easily! It took me a while to get the hang of how much to put on my face!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2008 11:49:00 AM More reviews by miss_mimi612

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This powder made me breakout. Nothing major but very small bumps on my face. I also noticed that it has a tiny amount of shimmer in it which is not something I look for in an oil control powder. The packaging was a bit annoying and bulky but the color selection was nice.