Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

on 9/16/2003 12:24:00 AM

I agree about the brush being short and spiky (and hard)- seemed to poke my lash line a lot during application (and making it itchy). I found this to be average; there are cheaper mascaras that do a better job. The formula is too wet for me - it takes ages to dry and applies a bit too gloopy and slightly clumpy for me. My lashes will look nice only after using a lash comb, which can take a bit of time to do. Lengthening and thickening effect are okay for my straight Asian lashes (thick but slightly short), and staying power is pretty good (however, this does smudge slightly at the end of the day). Overall, this mascara does its job at defining the lashes, but note that this is not a mascara that you can put on in a hurry. Heh, this is definitely better than Maybelline's Great Lash (but then again, anything is better than that!).

on 9/15/2003 3:33:00 AM

bought it on a whim b/c i'd heard such great things about it.

good: waterproof truely is. stayed put through a massive crying jag and an oregon downpour. no smudging at all, even in my greasy sweaty work as a waitress.

bad: goes on clumpy. actual brush end of the wand is really short and spikey, which i don't really like. the black is more grey blue than i usually like in a black mascara. the price is outrageous ($21 USA). average lengthening/volume on my average lashes and only lengthens if i curl them first. horrible definition due to clumping.

overall: i'll finish the tube out of spite, but never again. back to l'oreal lash out waterproof.

on 9/11/2003 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love this mascara!! Received as a GWP. Makes my lashes so long, w/o smudging or flaking. The price, though is $21, and the fact that you have to discard mascara every three months b/c of germs makes this a little too expensive. I won't purchase.

on 9/10/2003 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this in waterproof. Overall, it's a pretty good mascara. My friends raved about how "defined" my lashes look. Has acceptable staying power after my hard contacts started tearing at a party. For people with less oily skin, the lasting power would prolly be better. For $22CAN, it is a bit pricy.

on 9/10/2003 11:07:00 AM

Greatest mascara ever! It is honestly the ONLY mascara I have found to not flake. The only downfall for me, is that I have to use an eyelash curler with it...unless I put the Cils Booster underneath (which I prefer, b/c I hate eyelash curlers!).

on 9/8/2003 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have very long eye lashes and extremely sensitive eyes. This is the only mascara that addresses both issues. I find that after using this, my lashes are well-separated and very curly. I only use it on my upper lashes. My boyfriend always tells me that my eyes look amazing after I use this stuff.

on 9/4/2003 11:08:00 PM

This use to be the only mascara that I used until I tried others, and was able to compare. I always curl my eyelashes because they are pretty straight, and then apply mascara, but as soon as I put on Definicils, my eyelashes straighten out completely. I also found that it flaked all over my face (I use to think it was normal :|). I've found other mascaras that can hold the curl better, and won't flake.

on 9/3/2003 3:25:00 AM

After years of searching for mascara that wouldn't clump or flake on me, I think I've finally found something that works properly. I bought this in Hong Kong ($95HK or $12US), and have been using this on a virtually daily basis ever since. Suitable for daytime or nighttime wear depending on the # of coats you apply, you have to be careful to wipe off the excess from the brush before applying. A great mascara, will definately repurchase again.

on 9/1/2003 11:30:00 PM

I put a GWP sample up for swap and was shocked at the immediate response so I used one of the two I had (I had no intention of trying either one, as I had completely given up on mascara, having spent several hundred dollars on many tubes and never failing to get racoon eyes within a couple of hours) and left for the office at 9:15a.m.
After a long, stressful day which included assisting my chef in a tiny kitchen that cranks out leg of lamb and steaming platters of roasted mussels... NO SMUDGES. Amazing.

on 9/1/2003 3:58:00 PM

Usually I don't wear mascara, but I heard some raves from a friend, so I bought this *just in case*. I tried it the other day and I don't like it. My lashes looked very clumpy and fake. It *did* seem to lengthen quite a bit, to the point where it annoyed me because they hit my glasses every time I blinked. That's not a good thing for me, but for girls with shorter lashes, this definitely seemed to lengthen well. Overall, I give this one two thumbs down and I wouldn't repurchase. I have to comb through my lashes after every application to get a decent look and I don't have the patience for that at this price.