April 18, 2014 | 1930 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 10:21:00 AM More reviews by jdlynch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation. I prefer it to any stay makeup out on the market. Even Colorstay feels masklike and gross. This is smooth, looks rich and luxurious. In this case, you get what you pay for and every cent. This foundation feels light but covers EVERYTHING. Lasts all day on me. Would never wear anything else for special occasions but I'm beginning to wear this on a daily basis to work. I'm surprised at how light it feels on my skin. The color I use is Tawny and I'm a MAC NC35. I darken it with bronzer and it looks like more an NC40 at this point but thats because I tan in the summer. Highly recommend this. Your look will be flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by mulhollanddrive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in Desert Beige 2N1. It lasts all day, I do use Shiseido's Mattifying Veil with it, otherwise it accumulates in my pores and dry patches.
It does not make me break out, nor does it dry me out. Coverage is medium to full. I prefer to apply this with my fingers for a more natural look, but application is great - but more heavy - with a foundation brush. I recommend this for combination skin and oily skin. Great foundation and will definately repurchase.
EDIT After I was a little bit unhappy with the drying effect of DW I know use Lancome's Base Pro as a primer. This seems to prevent the foundation to suck all the oil from my face and gives me a most natural look. If you feel that you like the foundation but that it is to drying, try the Smashbox primer - which broke me out - or the Lancome primer - which is a winner for me!
I also put a MAC pump on it and would recommend this.
EDIT I changed my color to 2W1 Sand after I realized that somehow the foundation was too dark/peachy (my face is quite red). Now I believe to have found a really good match. So good. I still love this because of the staying power. However, I believe the key is to work small areas of your face and blend, blend, blend when applying. I found that a stipplingi brush works best for me. Once the stuff is dry it will not move.
EDIT Still loving it. My skin is great again, I only use it to spot conceal (I use MAC Studio Fix Powder daily as an allover foundation). My DW will likely last forever, but I still highly recommend this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Pnko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDITED: Looks like you have to use the product for a while before you make a review about it!

Ok..It's really good.Although I may have gotten the wrong shade, my cheeks look like they're made of porcelain.

The packaging isn't really smart.It looks pretty but it doesn't help you keep the product germ free.

NEW edit: I think I'm addicted to it.I change the lippies from 4 to 5 because it is REALLY good...I hope they don't change the formula because I will repurchase and I don't want to get disappointed..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by xoxjulie21xox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Great foundation! Doesn't look heavy or cakey i'm still looking for my HG but this is the closest I have to finding a great foundation! Check this one out ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Cherry_blossom

This is definitely my HG foundation for a night out, dinner dates, and other occassions! After a night out of dancing (and sweating), my face looks the same as it did when I left the house! Other than the excellent staying power, it is also good for its oil control. I never have to blot my face or even think of checking up on my foundation :)

The price is quite steep, but it's totally worth it. It can be a little difficult to remove at the end of the night, but make sure you do wash the foundation off thoroughly, or else you WILL wake up with a few new pimples! I wouldn't recommend this as an everyday foundation, as it can be a little heavy. I use mineral foundation for the daytime!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by yupitsmeaj

First of all, I have combination skin, acne scars, and acne. My face is pale and my acne is red, so I need good coverage. I have been using Make Up For Ever Duo Mat, which I LOVE, but I wanted to try a liquid foundation just to change things up. I bought Chanel Mat Lumiere, hated it, and returned it the next day and bought this instead. The SA matched my skin perfectly after I emphasized that I hate being matched with a dark foundation and going home to find my face looking blotchy and dirty.This foundation gives me the great coverage I was looking for and it's runny, so it spreads really well. It feels light. I applied it with the MAC 190 brush after moisturizing and it looks great. I would use a light powder just to set it if you want a matte finish. The only draw back is that I wish it had a pump. Don't buy this if you want a sheer coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by clouds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This formula in "Sand" would've been perfect - great coverage and staying power. I thought I'd found my HG foundation until I saw what I looked like in photos!!! I had to switch to another foundation immediately. For reference, I'm an NC or C30, 120 in MUFE HD, asian with light skin and yellow undertones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by amyers2

I love this foundation. It gives excellent coverage but does not feel like I'm wearing a "mask" on my face. This foundation goes on easily and once on it stays put. I have gone tubing before with this foundation on and it did not budge. I have sensitive acne-prone skin and it has not caused me any problems. A little pricey but well worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by MissJulie

This is a great product if you need good coverage. The MA suggested I use a foundation brush but I find that a sponge works just as well. I am a redhead with pale skin and I have trouble finding shades that do not look too pink or too orange. Ecru matches my skin perfectly. I used this foundation when I was going through a period of some nasty breakouts for a few years. My job can be very physical and this makeup definitely stays put throughout swear and tears. One of the downfalls that I have noticed with this foundation is that my face appears ghost-white in pictures. Also, you need to be sure to apply plenty of moisturizer and let it set in for a good five minutes before applying Double Wear. I can see why this is too much makeup for some. If you don't need much coverage but want something with just as much staying power I would recommend Double Wear Light. I still have a bottle of the regular Double Wear but I find that it is useful as a concealer when I have a blemish.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by ahensley0024

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best foundation I have found...and believe me...I have tried several. I have oily skin so generally with other foundations by the end of the work day there is no foundation left on my face. This foundation holds up well, I do have to reapply powder throughout the day to my Tzone due to oiliness, but that is nothing new for me. I gave the packaging a 4 because it does not come with a pump, but you can purchase individual pumps from MAC for a few dollars, and they fit this bottle. A little goes a long way, one pump is more than enough to do my entire face. When I originally bought this foundation the MUA swatched a couple different colors on my skin and selected one that was a little darker than what I would have chosen, but It looked ok on at the time so I took her word and purchased it. I wore it for about a week but just wasn’t happy with it, I found it a tad too dark, it left me looking orange. I put it in my vanity drawer, and went back to Revlon colorstay. Once I finished my bottle of Revlon, I got the Estee Lauder back out and called the counter I purchased it at to see if I could exchange it for another shade, they were extremely helpful and told me to come back to the counter and they would help me. They took the old bottle back and let me choose a new shade, I ended up with cool shell, the lightest shade they carry. They even gave me a gift with purchase (even though I was just exchanging my foundation) for my trouble. I have been wearing this shade for over 6 months and still have half a bottle left. I love it! I would recommend it to anyone. The only complaints I have are the price, and the bottle doesn’t come with a pump, but both are things I can live with for such a great foundation!