July 25, 2014 | 1593 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by eilidhdawn05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my current foundation - Estee Lauder Double Wear in the shade Shell -
After paying £25.50 for it I had high expectations.
The foundaton is brilliant. It makes my skin flawless and it just glides into my skin.
Good buy for people with oily skin and any blemishes to cover up!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by babieedoll

Alrighty this will be somewhat short.
For reference I'm like a NC25-30 and at the store I couldn't really tell which color from EL DW would match me best. (the lighting sucks) so I was matched with Twany but when I got home it was just a bit too dark and a weird pink tone was left on my skin. Also I know I probably shouldn't have gotten this because I don't like full coverage I prefer a sheer one that is build-able. Anyhow even though it doesn't match my skin I find that for ME it leaves me feeling like I have a mask on, hence it's full coverage I guess....and my pores are small but not completely invisible and I noticed this it brought out my pores....yuck. Overall I would not buy this again even if I got it to match my skin completely. Now I have to go back to the store and return this damn product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by reveriebliss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Amazing! I just switched from MUFE HD to this product and I didn't anticipate such a difference considering they are both full coverage foundations. The coverage is incredible, I have fairly uneven tones in my face and it conceals to the point where several people have commented (I've tried many different foundations without any comments). It stays all day and setting with powder isn't even necessary.

The only negative is that if you really don't like feeling like you're wearing makeup this product is not for you. As other users have mentioned, it does take a lot of blending and it tends to feel heavy (especially in comparison to MUFE HD).

Overall great product. Definitely buying again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It is the best foundation I have tried so far. Long-wearing, perfect coverage (usually I don't need concealer after that), flattering colour (I use Porcelain), doesn't oxidize, doesn't turn my face oily, lasts for ages. However, I have recently switched to natural and organic skincare so I took one lippie off for the chemical ingredients in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by rasb019

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i thought that revlon colorstay was my hg until when wearing it i would notice red spots peaking through. so i went to a estee counter and they gave me a 10 day suppy and i love it. it stays on all day and didnt cause any break outs.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 1:03:00 PM More reviews by xoxHannaHxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have strayed from this product a couple of times since i discovered it about two years ago thinking the grass would be greener (my short lived affair was with the new YSL Teint Resist, DW's new "competitor") ... oh how i repented!!

Coverage:
Initially the foundation is a thick liquid and is medium - more full coverage but the product is versatile so the coverage CAN be adjusted ie - mixing with your moisturiser to create a more light or sheer effect. I have clear skin which doesnt need coverage but i still use this because the finish is so flawless so its suitable for younger skins aswell. Its especially good for women with Rosacea.

Application:
You only need to use a tiny tiny amount but the one thing i will say is this, you need to work quite quickly with application. It does what it claims and stays on ALL day on my combination-oily skin, ive even been swimming in it! and for this reason, when you apply it it sticks to your skin a little and isnt the easiest to work with, this is why i took 1 lippie off.

To use i pour a little onto the back of my hand and use Estee Lauder's foundation brush to apply it with. I find investing in a good foundation brush is worth the money for the finish they give and they last forever.
Tip:
If you use a highlighter like Touch Eclat, click the pen a few times also onto the back of your hand and mix it a little with the double wear to create a great under eye concealer that wont budge or look too white (especially on photos!)

Packaging:
Sophisticated. It comes in a frosted glass container with a gold screw top lip, only thing is I wish it came with a pump instead - oh well! I dont believe in knocking the product because of its packaging too much.

Value for money:
The 30ml of foundation together with how little you need to use, is definately good value for money at about £25.

UPDATE: Find this foundation great for staying power, but it really makes my skin look.. dull and drab. I have yet to find a foundation that stays on like this one, so I have to apply a thin layer of Dior Airflash foundation on top to try and add some kind of dimension.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2010 9:22:00 AM More reviews by scondon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As the salesgirl said, this foundation lasted really well - the coverage was good but it was a bit too matte for me I found. I tried 4 different colours in it but couldnt find any that look vaguely natural on me... I always felt caked in really obvious make up. Definately couldn't recommend this as I think their colours are awful.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 10:21:00 AM More reviews by jdlynch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation. I prefer it to any stay makeup out on the market. Even Colorstay feels masklike and gross. This is smooth, looks rich and luxurious. In this case, you get what you pay for and every cent. This foundation feels light but covers EVERYTHING. Lasts all day on me. Would never wear anything else for special occasions but I'm beginning to wear this on a daily basis to work. I'm surprised at how light it feels on my skin. The color I use is Tawny and I'm a MAC NC35. I darken it with bronzer and it looks like more an NC40 at this point but thats because I tan in the summer. Highly recommend this. Your look will be flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by mulhollanddrive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in Desert Beige 2N1. It lasts all day, I do use Shiseido's Mattifying Veil with it, otherwise it accumulates in my pores and dry patches.
It does not make me break out, nor does it dry me out. Coverage is medium to full. I prefer to apply this with my fingers for a more natural look, but application is great - but more heavy - with a foundation brush. I recommend this for combination skin and oily skin. Great foundation and will definately repurchase.
EDIT After I was a little bit unhappy with the drying effect of DW I know use Lancome's Base Pro as a primer. This seems to prevent the foundation to suck all the oil from my face and gives me a most natural look. If you feel that you like the foundation but that it is to drying, try the Smashbox primer - which broke me out - or the Lancome primer - which is a winner for me!
I also put a MAC pump on it and would recommend this.
EDIT I changed my color to 2W1 Sand after I realized that somehow the foundation was too dark/peachy (my face is quite red). Now I believe to have found a really good match. So good. I still love this because of the staying power. However, I believe the key is to work small areas of your face and blend, blend, blend when applying. I found that a stipplingi brush works best for me. Once the stuff is dry it will not move.
EDIT Still loving it. My skin is great again, I only use it to spot conceal (I use MAC Studio Fix Powder daily as an allover foundation). My DW will likely last forever, but I still highly recommend this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Pnko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDITED: Looks like you have to use the product for a while before you make a review about it!

Ok..It's really good.Although I may have gotten the wrong shade, my cheeks look like they're made of porcelain.

The packaging isn't really smart.It looks pretty but it doesn't help you keep the product germ free.

NEW edit: I think I'm addicted to it.I change the lippies from 4 to 5 because it is REALLY good...I hope they don't change the formula because I will repurchase and I don't want to get disappointed..