April 25, 2014 | 1090 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 1:03:00 PM More reviews by xoxHannaHxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have strayed from this product a couple of times since i discovered it about two years ago thinking the grass would be greener (my short lived affair was with the new YSL Teint Resist, DW's new "competitor") ... oh how i repented!!

Coverage:
Initially the foundation is a thick liquid and is medium - more full coverage but the product is versatile so the coverage CAN be adjusted ie - mixing with your moisturiser to create a more light or sheer effect. I have clear skin which doesnt need coverage but i still use this because the finish is so flawless so its suitable for younger skins aswell. Its especially good for women with Rosacea.

Application:
You only need to use a tiny tiny amount but the one thing i will say is this, you need to work quite quickly with application. It does what it claims and stays on ALL day on my combination-oily skin, ive even been swimming in it! and for this reason, when you apply it it sticks to your skin a little and isnt the easiest to work with, this is why i took 1 lippie off.

To use i pour a little onto the back of my hand and use Estee Lauder's foundation brush to apply it with. I find investing in a good foundation brush is worth the money for the finish they give and they last forever.
Tip:
If you use a highlighter like Touch Eclat, click the pen a few times also onto the back of your hand and mix it a little with the double wear to create a great under eye concealer that wont budge or look too white (especially on photos!)

Packaging:
Sophisticated. It comes in a frosted glass container with a gold screw top lip, only thing is I wish it came with a pump instead - oh well! I dont believe in knocking the product because of its packaging too much.

Value for money:
The 30ml of foundation together with how little you need to use, is definately good value for money at about 25.

UPDATE: Find this foundation great for staying power, but it really makes my skin look.. dull and drab. I have yet to find a foundation that stays on like this one, so I have to apply a thin layer of Dior Airflash foundation on top to try and add some kind of dimension.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2010 9:22:00 AM More reviews by scondon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As the salesgirl said, this foundation lasted really well - the coverage was good but it was a bit too matte for me I found. I tried 4 different colours in it but couldnt find any that look vaguely natural on me... I always felt caked in really obvious make up. Definately couldn't recommend this as I think their colours are awful.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 10:21:00 AM More reviews by jdlynch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation. I prefer it to any stay makeup out on the market. Even Colorstay feels masklike and gross. This is smooth, looks rich and luxurious. In this case, you get what you pay for and every cent. This foundation feels light but covers EVERYTHING. Lasts all day on me. Would never wear anything else for special occasions but I'm beginning to wear this on a daily basis to work. I'm surprised at how light it feels on my skin. The color I use is Tawny and I'm a MAC NC35. I darken it with bronzer and it looks like more an NC40 at this point but thats because I tan in the summer. Highly recommend this. Your look will be flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by mulhollanddrive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in Desert Beige 2N1. It lasts all day, I do use Shiseido's Mattifying Veil with it, otherwise it accumulates in my pores and dry patches.
It does not make me break out, nor does it dry me out. Coverage is medium to full. I prefer to apply this with my fingers for a more natural look, but application is great - but more heavy - with a foundation brush. I recommend this for combination skin and oily skin. Great foundation and will definately repurchase.
EDIT After I was a little bit unhappy with the drying effect of DW I know use Lancome's Base Pro as a primer. This seems to prevent the foundation to suck all the oil from my face and gives me a most natural look. If you feel that you like the foundation but that it is to drying, try the Smashbox primer - which broke me out - or the Lancome primer - which is a winner for me!
I also put a MAC pump on it and would recommend this.
EDIT I changed my color to 2W1 Sand after I realized that somehow the foundation was too dark/peachy (my face is quite red). Now I believe to have found a really good match. So good. I still love this because of the staying power. However, I believe the key is to work small areas of your face and blend, blend, blend when applying. I found that a stipplingi brush works best for me. Once the stuff is dry it will not move.
EDIT Still loving it. My skin is great again, I only use it to spot conceal (I use MAC Studio Fix Powder daily as an allover foundation). My DW will likely last forever, but I still highly recommend this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Pnko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDITED: Looks like you have to use the product for a while before you make a review about it!

Ok..It's really good.Although I may have gotten the wrong shade, my cheeks look like they're made of porcelain.

The packaging isn't really smart.It looks pretty but it doesn't help you keep the product germ free.

NEW edit: I think I'm addicted to it.I change the lippies from 4 to 5 because it is REALLY good...I hope they don't change the formula because I will repurchase and I don't want to get disappointed..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by xoxjulie21xox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Great foundation! Doesn't look heavy or cakey i'm still looking for my HG but this is the closest I have to finding a great foundation! Check this one out ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Cherry_blossom

This is definitely my HG foundation for a night out, dinner dates, and other occassions! After a night out of dancing (and sweating), my face looks the same as it did when I left the house! Other than the excellent staying power, it is also good for its oil control. I never have to blot my face or even think of checking up on my foundation :)

The price is quite steep, but it's totally worth it. It can be a little difficult to remove at the end of the night, but make sure you do wash the foundation off thoroughly, or else you WILL wake up with a few new pimples! I wouldn't recommend this as an everyday foundation, as it can be a little heavy. I use mineral foundation for the daytime!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by yupitsmeaj

First of all, I have combination skin, acne scars, and acne. My face is pale and my acne is red, so I need good coverage. I have been using Make Up For Ever Duo Mat, which I LOVE, but I wanted to try a liquid foundation just to change things up. I bought Chanel Mat Lumiere, hated it, and returned it the next day and bought this instead. The SA matched my skin perfectly after I emphasized that I hate being matched with a dark foundation and going home to find my face looking blotchy and dirty.This foundation gives me the great coverage I was looking for and it's runny, so it spreads really well. It feels light. I applied it with the MAC 190 brush after moisturizing and it looks great. I would use a light powder just to set it if you want a matte finish. The only draw back is that I wish it had a pump. Don't buy this if you want a sheer coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by clouds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This formula in "Sand" would've been perfect - great coverage and staying power. I thought I'd found my HG foundation until I saw what I looked like in photos!!! I had to switch to another foundation immediately. For reference, I'm an NC or C30, 120 in MUFE HD, asian with light skin and yellow undertones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by amyers2

I love this foundation. It gives excellent coverage but does not feel like I'm wearing a "mask" on my face. This foundation goes on easily and once on it stays put. I have gone tubing before with this foundation on and it did not budge. I have sensitive acne-prone skin and it has not caused me any problems. A little pricey but well worth it.