Maybelline Fit Me Foundation (renamed to Fit Me! Dewy + Smooth)

3.1

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 7%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone /- (CI 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)
This foundation has been renamed from Fit Me to Fit Me Dewy and Smooth

From Maybelline website March 11, 2015:

Fit Me® foundation has a new look for its same great hydrating formula!
Hydrates, smoothes skin texture and matches natural tone for a luminous, seamless finish.
For Normal to Dry Skin. SPF 18*
*Excluding shades 330 and 360

on 6/18/2011 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

love to tan & bought this in 315 shade. the color match is perfect. my skin is acne prone & this doesn't make it worse. had that problem with cover girl & revlon foundations. my mom uses the fit me in a different color.

on 6/17/2011 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I'll start with what I like about this foundation. The color match is perfect, I love colorstay but could never find my perfect match. I have very clear skin so I really don't need heavy coverage just something to kind of even out my skin tone and this does the job perfectly.

Now what I don't like. I think this is a scam to make us buy the entire product line. It never sets! I don't have oily skin by any stretch of the imagination, but as soon as I put this on my skin feels tacky until I set it with powder (which is so convenient because of their # system). If i don't set it this stuff slides off my face in an hour. And it is soooo sheer that it does nothing to cover my dark circles which means I must use a good concealer to look half alive.

So for the price I guess its ok, not amazingly, but it gets the job done with a little help.

on 6/17/2011 5:26:00 PM

Definitely a dry skin foundation. I tried to make it bearable for myself, but it always left me looking extremely oily after the day was done. I handed it off to my sister, who has dry skin, and she seems to like it. The coverage is good to even your skin tone, but not hiding blemishes or deep hyper pigmentation. The formula is really thin and runny. Not the worst because of the variety of shades. The lightest actually matched my skin tone enough that I wouldn't have to blend it down my neck, like I have to with most foundations. Still, the staying power and coverage isn't ideal for me.

on 6/15/2011 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Let's start off by clarifying things - this is a SHEER foundation that leaves a DEWY finish. It is not suitable for oily skins. It is not suitable for people who want more coverage.

I wear Mac NC20-30 (depending on the season) and I purchased the Fit 210. It matches fine but you really have to put several layers on just to even see anything. Therefore, for those who just want a little bit of color to even out their skin tone, you might want to try this.

I put this on at 8 am this morning and it is now 2:30 pm. I have an oily T zone with normal cheeks and already blotted once today. After literally just returning from the bathroom, I can tell you that this made my forehead and nose look like an oil slick :(

The pour-out style is not my favorite but that is just a minor gripe. Otherwise, the packaging is quite nice and streamlined. It was about Cdn $9 with a relatively large range of shades but given my skin type I won't be buying this again.

Shocked that Maybelline has come out with something so excellent. Someone on one of the boards rec'd this to me because I love MUFE F&B so for $8 on sale I thought I'd give it a whirl. Slightly more coverage than F&B, and you can definitely feel the oil in this, although it's not overly creamy. I would compare this more close to Chanel Vitalumiere than MUFE F&B, or maybe somewhere right in between, with Vitalumiere being a little creamier.

On a hot day I found this a little too slippery on my normal skin. I plan to save this and use it in the winter when my skin is a little dryer.

The quality and consistency and wear are top notch for a normal/combo/slightly dry skin. I am appropriately impressed.

Update: it is now winter-ish, my skin is feeling a little dryer and this is the perfect "fit". Hyuk hyuk. My skin looked amaze yesterday, all day. However, I do have to powder several times a day for the deweyness.

on 6/13/2011 10:28:00 PM

****UPDATE***** (1/10/12)
Rediscovered my love for this stuff!! lol I realized this matches my skin to a tee after i wore my colorstay which left my skin dull and weird-looking. I don't mind the dewy look this gives so I will probably repurchase again :) and my pimples were just BC pill withdrawal (?). Anywho, honeymoon stage has recommenced . <3

***update***

Had this for a while now, and im realizing how chalky my chin area looks in this. Also, im thinking this is breaking me out but then again, it could just be my monthly cycle. Down to a 3/5 :(

Where to begin... It's not great but it wasn't a nightmare either As far as color matching goes it was difficult but then again, i was tan back then. I had bought this in 3-something and at the time it was a little dark so i went back and got 230. It went on a little to chalky for me so i experimented with fingers vs sponge and both were too meehh. then i tried mixing it w/ my aveeno clear complexion daily moisturizer and applying with a powder brush and.. wow. airbrushed!! Set with a powder (L'Oreal's tru match-im W6) this lasts me all day but leaves me with a glowing/dewy look. I do find it gets a bit oily but not to the extent that it drips off my face but rather fades gradually.Cheap-ish. elegant packaging, decent product: 4/5

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

My HG is MUFE Face and Body so when I saw the consistency of this I had to try it. I have eczema (dry skin) but an oily nose and chin. I feel badly for the people that this didn't work out for but this worked really well for me. When I can't dish out $ for MUFE F&B it's good to know I have this to rely on. I didn't find it oily on my oily spots like some on here have found. I love that it is builable and sheer, similar to MUFE F&B. It is more watery than my HG which is probably why it will never over take my fav. I like the gel consistency of MUFE. I haven't found that this oxidizes but it has worried me b/c of what I've read. I'm using 315 but b/c people have said that it's more pink toned I wonder if I'm wearing the wrong shade since I'm yellow undertone. In any instance I haven't or no one else has noticed. When I tried 310 it didn't match as perfectly as 315 seemed to. From reading all the reviews this really seems more suited to us w/ dry skin.

A note about the packaging: I travelled w/ this one day and that was a big mistake. It leaked all over in my purse. Although the packaging is gorgeous I also do wish it had a pump.

on 6/12/2011 9:40:00 PM

Generally speaking, I like this foundation. I do not like looking like I am wearing a lot of makeup, so I like the sheer coverage. I have combination skin and, other than it getting slightly oily across my nose, it tends to lean towards the dry side. I think this foundation is meant for people with drier skin. The consistency of it just would not be good for people with oily skin. It would probably slide right off.
Anyways, it looks natural and the color matches my complexion great. I like how it makes my skin look dewy. If I feel like I need to I just dust a bit of powder on it to set it.

on 6/12/2011 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The color was okay for this drugstore foundation, but the formula left my oily skin every oilier. It also looked heavy. However, the packaging and bottle are sleek and I'm glad to see that drugstore brands are taking note of modern designs in makeup.

on 6/12/2011 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this foundation! I did find that some of the colours ran a bit orange and it can oxidize a little... but I love the sheer to medium coverage and the finish. I have normal to dry skin and this looks great. I dislike matte finishes and I breakout very easily. With this product, I can have something that gives me a dewy finish without breaking me out which in my books = perfect! Most of the bad reviews here are from people with oily skin; so I suggest if your skin is oily, stay away.
Edit - broke me out and does not seem to last very long, no matter how I set it. Still love the finish however.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Maybelline FIT ME Foundation & Concealer in 355 [Product Review] by DaintyBrownGirl

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: MAYBELLINE 360 FIT ME FOUNDATION REVIEW (MOCHA MOCHA) by Felicia Mesadieu