December 21, 2014 | 1216 users online

BB Cream - MISSHA - M Perfect Cover BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I have had tons of samples of this just laying around for months without ever trying it (I order my HG sunscreen from the website and I get a lot of free samples).

I needed a foundation that was sheer to medium coverage yet looked natural so thought I would try it. The color 21 is the most perfect match for my skin that I have ever found...not too dark, not too chalky, neutral undertones. I can spot-apply this and not worry about there being an obvious line. The finish is satiny but not overly dewy. I have tried other bb creams from Missha and been really unimpressed but this one is almost perfect.

I love the range of colors, such subtle differences between them so I will have no trouble going to a paler shade in winter if necessary. The shade range isn't great for darker skin though so that will be problematic for some.

The SPF and PA+++ rating means that I can wear this in florida without worrying about skin damage (I wear it over Missha's Time Revolution SPF50 sunscreen).

The only issue I have is that it just doesn't last on my skin. I have an oily nose and chin, and dry cheeks and eye area and even if I am inside in air conditioning all day, this is almost gone by the end of the day. I don't think I would buy this again, even though it's a great product I need something that lasts. I do recommend this if you have very dry skin though, this may have more staying power on skin which is less oily than mine.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by baika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought it because of its colour (#13) which matches my pale skin perfectly.

My skin is VERY VERY oily, so it was a big mistake to buy it. I get a little bit oily before I even finish to apply it. My face is all shiny just an hour later. This thing makes my face sticky, it's disgusting to touch it. Also, it completely slides off my face after 2-3 hours. This BB cream leaves its colour on everything you touch: your clothes, your hands, your phone.

Coverage is great for a BB cream. It applies smoothly (I apply it with my fingers). Didn't clog my pores. It has relatively low price and really bright colour, which is difficult to find for me.

Despite that, I will never buy it again. And don't recommend to do this for those who have oily/very oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2014 5:15:00 AM More reviews by theartyard

Pros:

Coverage: High (for a bb cream)
Compared to other foundations though, this is medium coverage. It helps to cover redness, pigmentations, acne but obviously doesn't cover everything (though I never expect any bb cream or foundation to completely cover these problem areas, I always follow up with a concealer to keep makeup looking natural).

Blend-able: Blends very easily onto the skin without highlighting any of my flaky and patchy areas. It looks like skin. I also love how well concealer just blends into this bb cream and doesn't sit on top of the skin.

Natural: It looks natural, especially from a distance.

SPF: high spf 42 pa+++

Cons:

Oil-control: Zero control. This is the reason I won't be repurchasing. It rubs away where the glasses sits at my nose. I don't actually mind using bb creams that don't have oil-controlling properties but what I cannot stand is using something that exacerbates my oily skin problem. This left me looking like a oily mess at the end of the day, and the longevity of this bb cream is poor. It didn't stay put and started to cake. If you have dry skin, maybe this would work well for you.

Heavy: my first reaction using this was 'woah, this feels heavy'. It's definitely not as light in texture as skin79 hot pink or gold (both of which are more watery in texture that the missha perfect cover).

Sticky: you will need to powder, A LOT. Otherwise this cream can feel very sticky.

Shade: It doesn't match my skin tone but good in that it doesn't give me a ghostly white look. Wish this was warmer in colour, I don't like how this makes me look orange/red (I have this is in shade no.23).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this due to all the hype and because during the summer I really don't like to wear foundation and try to go most days without, yet I want a little coverage and need a ton of moisture. I used this BB for about a week to see if it could become a staple in my routine, but I wasn't impressed by it at all.

This is thick stuff - that's great for coverage but didn't work out well when it came to blend-ability. It is also a pretty dry formulation which added to blending issues. Since my skin is already dry, I would need the aid of primers and heavy lotions in order for this BB to work. Problem is, I am trying to avoid heavy creams during the hot days of summer and if I must bust out a primer, I might as well just be using foundation over it. BB creams are supposed to have regenerative properties and contain a lot of antioxidants and other beneficial ingredients; however, the skin will never be able to absorb these things or benefit if there is a barrier btw the cream and skin (such as primer, etc), so the consistency and ease of use here really bummed me out. The only way I can use this up is if I mix it with lotion and apply it. I love the fact this contains SPF at 42 BUT I think this is what unfortunately leaves a sallow, grayish cast to the skin. I found that this product looked "ok" shade-wise for a while but sadly oxidized throughout the day leaving me pale and washed out looking.

This is probably a good product for people with oily skin because of its consistency and dry formulation, as well as really pale skin tones who won't be effected by the grey sort of shadow it leaves behind... Since I don't think its the alien meets zombie fleshtone is a very cute look, this is gonna get tossed into my drawer of stuff to give to others for trying.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by greenkirby28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to say, I'm quite impressed by this BB Cream. I hesitated over buying it for months just because I had to buy it online through Amazon and wasn't sure if I would pick the right shade. I first picked #31 Golden Beige and found that it was too pink for my Indian tan skintone. I ended up sending it back and found that #27 Honey Beige was perfect for my skin's yellow undertone. I like how it has a pump, I usually only use 1-2 pumps, a little goes a long way! I find that it applies best with my fingers and later smoothed out by my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. It gives a fair bit of coverage too and is quite dewy despite my dry skin so I definitely recommend setting it with a light powder. I would definitely repurchase this because it's so lightweight on the skin and has so many benefits. I live in Florida so I enjoy how it has such a high level of SPF.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by PaulaBenoit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG product for my dry skin! I use shades 27 in the winter (NC35-37) and 31 in the summer (NC40-42). This is the first asian BB cream I have tried, mainly because most asian BB creams I tried before were too light for my skintone. Prior to this I tried the North American brands by Annabelle and Marcelle because they had darker color ranges; both were nice but for me there is no comparison between Missha and those brands.

The Annabelle BB cream seems like a glorified tinted moisturizer compared to Missha. And the Marcelle brand offered better coverage but dried out my already dry skin as the day went.

Missha offers better coverage without feeling or looking heavy, is more moisturizing, it has a higher SPF and when I remove it at the end of the day my skin looks more even toned. I have very sensitive skin and have experienced no irritation or breakouts with this product. Shade 27 is definitely more yellow toned than 31, I was actually worried that 31 wouldn't blend into my skin as the swatch on my hand looked like it had a orange tinge to it but once applied to the face it blended seamlessly for me. Application takes literally 1 minute, one pump is enough to cover my face. I dot this all over my face and then use my Real Techniques Expert Face brush to buff/blend into my skin.

As i get older I find it harder to wear foundations, my skin has become drier and more sensitive as the years pass so it's nice to find an alternative to foundations that offers everything I am looking for: coverage, skincare and SPF. Hands down this is my go to face makeup, HG status.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Nesoi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This was one of my first BB creams I ever tried, back in 2009 when I first went to Korea. I didn't like it then and even after trying it a few more times since then, I still can't bring myself to like it, especially after trying many other Korean BB creams which are superior in quality.

First off, the colour of the BB cream is very grey/pink. I have tried 13, 21 and 23 - all of them look very off on my skin. I'm around an NC20 with neutral tones leaning slightly yellow. The colour doesn't adjust to my skin throughout the day like some people say it does, and as a result looks mask-like all day.

It is highly fragranced and not that nice a fragrance either! The smell lingers for a while after application. Coverage-wise, it gives a good medium coverage and is mattifying on my skin (normal-dry). It doesn't look quite heavy though, and can emphasise dry spots easily. Oil control is pretty good and my t-zone only gets slightly shiny when wearing this.

I find this BB cream does break me out. The ingredient list isn't all that great and as I have sensitive skin, I don't think it reacts very well with me. I like the packaging and the cost is cheap. I would say those are the best points about this BB cream.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2014 7:39:00 AM More reviews by thalayli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This BB cream was absolutely horrible for my skin. I started using it and was pleased with the colour and coverage, and two days later I broke out horribly with highly irritated and itchy acne. At first I attributed this to other factors, so I persisted with using it and my skin worsened (it was looking worse than it had in many years).
I stopped using it for a while and swapped to my regular foundation, breakout calmed down. Swapped back to BB Cream just to test my theory and immediately skin became very irritated.

Not sure what ingredient is responsible, but you couldn't pay me to put this product on my skin again, which is a pity because it does look good.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by AnjieB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm NC20 and wanted something lighter than my long wear foundation that provided some coverage and had a decent SPF. This has coverage, and a high SPF that also offers photo-stable UVA protection. It should have been awesome.

But this turned my fairly normal, if acne-prone, skin into the weirdest type of combination skin. It made my skin oily on the surface, and tight, dry, and flaky--all over. Severely dry and very oily, in the same spots, at the same time. I have enough skin care products buried in my bathroom cabinets that I figured I could handle any skin care issues whatsoever (a history of cystic acne is really only good for accumulating skin care products...) but NOTHING could fix the oily surface and the cracking, peeling skin under it. After a few days I started to break out despite the fact that my skin is usually clear this time of the month. Cosmetic grade mineral oil may not actually clog pores, but something in this concoction clogged mine badly. I've got no idea who I would recommend this for in terms of skin type, since it seems to bring about the worst of every possible skin condition, all at once.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by style4style

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Been looking for a really good BB cream and saw this had the best reviews. It does blend in with your own skin tone and the colour (I am shade 21) though quite fair is perfect. This comes from South Korea where apparently they've known about BB creams years before us. Overall, I would highly recommend - good value, excellent product and natural shade. Application easy, no funny smell and lots of compliments on a lovely complexion! (Meant to give a five lippie rating but can't change it now!)