MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream

3.8

on 5/4/2009 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

missha really evened out my skintone and made it softer. BUTTTTTTTTTTT it cause me to have soo many bumps on my skin, it was disgusting. it looked horrible like i had a rash everywhere. i guess you could say i have sensitive skin. I really wish this worked for me, cause it did kinda help with acne, softness and things. but the bumps were horendous.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the first BB Cream I have tried. Honestly I LOVE this product, or at least I tried very hard to love it. Lets see why:

Coverage-wise, it's GREAT!!!! it's comparable to any foundation (liquid) in the market, and the smell is alright with me, at least it doesn't bother me. The instant I put this thing on my face, i was STUNNED! my face looked perfect b/c it hides the scars, reddish marks, the 'dark' corners of mouth, and even my undereye circles!!! what more could i ask for?!

I quickly finished the sample (about 3 times use), I'm using No. 23 (Ref. I'm NW 25) , I love the fact that this has high SPF so I don't need my sunscreen anymore.

HUGE DOWNSIDE: this product's texture is sticky, I can't imagine wearing it in summer in the place where I"m at (humid, hot). And the color of the BB Cream comes off easily with a wipe/pat of a tissue paper, (imagine sweating in summer with the BB cream on your face...yuck), which also means that it will taint your clothes!!! HUGE BUMMER. If the oil-control is better, and the consistency (color-staying power), i WOULD definitely be in love with this.

So far, it's the oily and the oil-control issue that stops me from buying a full size of this thing....

but if you come from dry areas with bright sunshine, you may want to try this!

on 3/3/2009 10:17:00 AM

Finally - a foundation I can love! I bought this several months ago because of MUA - over the years I have tried almost every foundation out there and nothing ever made a big enough improvement to my skin for me to wear it more than once in a while - in fact, they usually just made the pores on my cheeks and nose more obvious - not what I was going for. So, usually, I went without. THIS works. I purchased #21 (I know that most people purchase #23, but I'm so fair, the #21 is still actually a little dark on me) It sat on the shelf after the first couple of times I used it since it was less than stellar - but I've now figured out I was using waaaay too much - less is definitely more here. Love the pump, and the fact the pump pops off so I can put any excess back - which I have to do since I'm not even using a half a pump on my whole face. It's deemphaszing my pores and the couple of lines that have developed. It also covers the redness on my cheeks better than any product I've ever tried - so now I don't need a product for that. Also have to love the fact it's SPF 42 - and now I don't need the sunscreen either! I can't wait to see what the long-term benefits are - but even if there are none, it's still worth it. In fact, I'm going out to EvilBay to see if I can snag a back-up today.

on 10/13/2008 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I know these were the *it* trend a few years back, but I've gone back to it, and am finding it a HG for natural look, especially in summer. Revising review after experimenting a lot and looking at YouTube instructions to give some guidance (which I'm sure would be helpful for any other BB cream)

1) Make sure skin properly exfoliated. It will stick if you have any flakes, and it will not be pretty.

1) Put on moisturizer. I use vitamin c serum mixed with quite a bit of sweet almond oil (and I'm fairly oily). Blot.

2) Use a tiny, tiny, TINY bit. A drop about the size of a pencil eraser. Using more than a tiny bit is what makes you look chalky, so it is essential that you use as little as possible. You can always add more where needed. Pat with a spreading motion on forehead, nose, chin, upper/lower cheeks on both sides, and little under/over eye area. Pat in. Use a tiny, TINY bit more to cover undereye and around nose if needed.

3) Do whatever else needs doing in terms of skin makeup; I generally put on only Tarte gel blush, but eyeshadow etc. would be appropriate here.

4) Use loose powder to set.

5) Mascara, of course.

6) (Optional, but especially good for summer): use a setting spray. I use Skindinavia.

7) Wait for any residual chalky/grey color to fade (see #2 above).

I would not use this for a dramatic look--daytime, natural only. But if you want to look great AND look like you're not wearing any makeup, this will give you that and will last ALL DAY long, even in summer heat.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I am a MAC NW 20; I got the #42 and was surprised to see that it is pretty pinky--would've expected the opposite.

For those of you who feel that it is too "chalky," keep in mind that this is supposed to be gently rubbed into your skin--I saw a Japanese video on YouTube on how to use it. The MA rubbed it in a bit and then patted a bit more coverage where needed. it won't work w/ a brush or other foundation application technique.

on 7/4/2015 12:22:00 PM

My favourite BB cream!! I have combination to oily skin and have the worst oil spills in my T zone area. Although I wouldn't say this is the oil control master, it doesn't break me out at all or clog my pores. I feel it stays in place and doesn't slip and slide. I only trusf Korean BB creams and have tried MANY brands: etude house, holika holika, skin79, garnier, etc. Missha offers the broadest range of skin colours and really works well for me!

on 6/16/2015 7:11:00 PM

The smell is fantastic!

I have worn this bb cream in shades 21 and 13. Neither of them matched well my skin tone, so I'm not satisfied by the product anywise. But I have used it a lot for some reason, so here are my story and comments.
It wasn't bad in winter: I was pleased by the fact that it was moisturising, yet it felt like wearing nothing at all on my face. It blended well enough, so the fact that the shade was not excactly the perfect one wasn't a visible issue.
But as soon as the sun became more intense, I think that my skin looked "greyish" in the light. Also, I wouldn't say my face is oily, but it has oily and shiny areas. I felt that this BB cream made it look really greasy in the summer, and this is a pity considering that a great advantage of the product is its high spf.
Regarding the texture and the way it blends and moisturises, I consider it more decent than, for example, some tinted moisturisers/ tinted sunscreens that I have tried.
After a few months of- often but not daily- wearing it, I noticed that my skin was not at its best. It was when I completely stopped using it that I noticed a much cleaner/clearer skin, and then I understood that this cream isn't for me...

For me, the smell is the only unforgettable thing about the MISSHA BB Cream.
I'd say I wouldn't recommend it, but then again perhaps it can work for other skintones or skintypes.

on 6/6/2015 4:18:00 PM

I am super pale and #13 matches my skin colour exactly. I am a natural red head so I've always had trouble with foundations looking too yellow or just too plain dark on me. This one does look grey initially (as everyone has indicated) but it looks beautiful after it is first applied. I say first applied because well.... WOW! My skin looks incredibly natural, all redness is covered and it just leaves a STUNNING finish on the skin. I don't have problem skin really - it just gets a bit dry and has a little bit of redness/discolouration.The only issue is that it lasts about 4-5 hours and then it starts to fall apart. It almost starts to look like I put icing sugar/baby powder or something of that consistency on my face as it separates. its does not go into fine lines at first but as it separates it definitely finds its way into the fine lines under my eyes. Such a shame! If it had more staying power it would be PERFECT - just as the label says :). I even tried it with the Boomer and it just made a marginal difference. Liked the boomer too but I don't think its really necessary. Both Boomer (especially) and this product have a very old fashioned smell but it is tolerable for me. In conclusion this is great in the short term but doesn't hold up for all day wear. If I put a powder on it I feel like it loses its glow. As I get older I prefer to avoid powder but the powder did help with the staying power. I would get it again as nothing I have ever tried matches my skin colour like this product.

on 5/8/2015 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my go to Foundation for everyday wear. I have very pale skin and #13 is a perfect match. The high SPF and it's fantastic coverage are my two favourite things about this BB Cream. It's hard to find a brand that matches or out does these aspects. I apply using my fingers or a stipple brush for best results.

Pros:
- Medium buildable coverage - hides freckles, any redness and under eye circles
- High SPF, great for those like me who get burnt in 5 minutes
- No scent
- Lasts 6 hours without powder, or 8+ with powder to set
- Doesn't move into lines or dry areas
- Inexpensive. $13 on eBay
- Hygienic, convenient pump packaging
- No grey cast people complain about with some BB creams

Cons:
- High SPF = white out in photographs
- Doesn't like perspiration - so take some oil blotching papers with you and your problem is solved
- Only 3 shades, some people may find that a problem

on 1/26/2015 10:05:00 PM

I love this stuff! I've been using this for over 4 years now. This was my first BB cream, and I'm glad it was. I've tried other brands out of curiosity but I keep coming back to this because of the amazing color match. I use #27 and #31 as my skin tone changes (drastically! NC 35-43 because I live at the beach for some of the year). I have a lot of flaws: broken capillaries on the sides of my nose, a bit of redness on my chin, GINORMOUS pores. I only dab a little bit on those areas as I'm not too keen on having a full face of makeup. When I have this on I look absolutely flawless, I frequently get questions about my skin care regimen! Little do they know what lies beneath, haha! I find this also greatly improves my skin when I wash it off at the end of the day. I don't know about the whitening properties, as that isn't what I'm after here.

Also, if you run a bit oily like I do, you might want to skip the moisturizer. I used to moisturize before putting this on, and in just a couple of hours I get super shiny. But without the extra moisture it's a perfect skin finish. Even under the sun it has no strange cast!

on 12/1/2014 5:10:00 PM

Shade - 27

Did it last all day - This product would last a good 4 hours until I would need to retouch on hot days. On cold days, it would last a good 6 hours.

How did your skin react to it - I have dry acne prone skin and if I don't wash off the product after using I would break-out, so make sure to deep cleanse off this stuff.

Coverage - I have many pimples and acne scars that were covered pretty well. I would say a 8/10 (10 being the highest). The product feels light on my face and it is as if my skin can breathe underneath.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bash it or Buy it?!! Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream - demo and review by Denim Vixen

Top Rated MISSHA Products