MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream

3.8

on 3/3/2009 10:17:00 AM

Finally - a foundation I can love! I bought this several months ago because of MUA - over the years I have tried almost every foundation out there and nothing ever made a big enough improvement to my skin for me to wear it more than once in a while - in fact, they usually just made the pores on my cheeks and nose more obvious - not what I was going for. So, usually, I went without. THIS works. I purchased #21 (I know that most people purchase #23, but I'm so fair, the #21 is still actually a little dark on me) It sat on the shelf after the first couple of times I used it since it was less than stellar - but I've now figured out I was using waaaay too much - less is definitely more here. Love the pump, and the fact the pump pops off so I can put any excess back - which I have to do since I'm not even using a half a pump on my whole face. It's deemphaszing my pores and the couple of lines that have developed. It also covers the redness on my cheeks better than any product I've ever tried - so now I don't need a product for that. Also have to love the fact it's SPF 42 - and now I don't need the sunscreen either! I can't wait to see what the long-term benefits are - but even if there are none, it's still worth it. In fact, I'm going out to EvilBay to see if I can snag a back-up today.

on 10/13/2008 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I know these were the *it* trend a few years back, but I've gone back to it, and am finding it a HG for natural look, especially in summer. Revising review after experimenting a lot and looking at YouTube instructions to give some guidance (which I'm sure would be helpful for any other BB cream)

1) Make sure skin properly exfoliated. It will stick if you have any flakes, and it will not be pretty.

1) Put on moisturizer. I use vitamin c serum mixed with quite a bit of sweet almond oil (and I'm fairly oily). Blot.

2) Use a tiny, tiny, TINY bit. A drop about the size of a pencil eraser. Using more than a tiny bit is what makes you look chalky, so it is essential that you use as little as possible. You can always add more where needed. Pat with a spreading motion on forehead, nose, chin, upper/lower cheeks on both sides, and little under/over eye area. Pat in. Use a tiny, TINY bit more to cover undereye and around nose if needed.

3) Do whatever else needs doing in terms of skin makeup; I generally put on only Tarte gel blush, but eyeshadow etc. would be appropriate here.

4) Use loose powder to set.

5) Mascara, of course.

6) (Optional, but especially good for summer): use a setting spray. I use Skindinavia.

7) Wait for any residual chalky/grey color to fade (see #2 above).

I would not use this for a dramatic look--daytime, natural only. But if you want to look great AND look like you're not wearing any makeup, this will give you that and will last ALL DAY long, even in summer heat.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I am a MAC NW 20; I got the #42 and was surprised to see that it is pretty pinky--would've expected the opposite.

For those of you who feel that it is too "chalky," keep in mind that this is supposed to be gently rubbed into your skin--I saw a Japanese video on YouTube on how to use it. The MA rubbed it in a bit and then patted a bit more coverage where needed. it won't work w/ a brush or other foundation application technique.

on 1/26/2015 10:05:00 PM

I love this stuff! I've been using this for over 4 years now. This was my first BB cream, and I'm glad it was. I've tried other brands out of curiosity but I keep coming back to this because of the amazing color match. I use #27 and #31 as my skin tone changes (drastically! NC 35-43 because I live at the beach for some of the year). I have a lot of flaws: broken capillaries on the sides of my nose, a bit of redness on my chin, GINORMOUS pores. I only dab a little bit on those areas as I'm not too keen on having a full face of makeup. When I have this on I look absolutely flawless, I frequently get questions about my skin care regimen! Little do they know what lies beneath, haha! I find this also greatly improves my skin when I wash it off at the end of the day. I don't know about the whitening properties, as that isn't what I'm after here.

Also, if you run a bit oily like I do, you might want to skip the moisturizer. I used to moisturize before putting this on, and in just a couple of hours I get super shiny. But without the extra moisture it's a perfect skin finish. Even under the sun it has no strange cast!

on 12/1/2014 5:10:00 PM

Shade - 27

Did it last all day - This product would last a good 4 hours until I would need to retouch on hot days. On cold days, it would last a good 6 hours.

How did your skin react to it - I have dry acne prone skin and if I don't wash off the product after using I would break-out, so make sure to deep cleanse off this stuff.

Coverage - I have many pimples and acne scars that were covered pretty well. I would say a 8/10 (10 being the highest). The product feels light on my face and it is as if my skin can breathe underneath.

on 12/1/2014 7:58:00 AM

After a year or two using Clinique's tinted moisturiser, I decided for a change as I found the colour (Neutral 03) was a bit touch-and-go for me, and it ended up giving me a very oily nose very quickly!

After doing a lot of research online, I purchased the BB cream last week in #27 - for Sydney siders, I had heard a rumour that the Missha store in QVB had closed (sadness), but the Terry White Chemist in Strathfield Plaza stocks this BB cream. I was able to 'try' on the cream on my face after asking the nice shop attendant there about her opinion on colours.

Originally I had tried #23, after reading many reviews on it and thinking it was my colour, and even though it actually blended into my skin quite well, I tried on #27 on my other cheek and found that the yellow tones matched my skin quite well. I purchased this for around $32 - $34 AUD for 50ml (which is actually a bit of a better deal than the 30ml Clinique moisturiser I usually get).

The texture is thicker than my tinted moisturiser, and I find that one light pump from the pack is enough for my whole face. When I first took it home, I applied it using my fingers near a window to see the colour under natural light (as I find indoor lights are quite different!). I was a bit shocked when I first applied it as it was so yellow!! But then after about 10 seconds, I was VERY pleasantly surprised to see that the BB cream had oxidised to my face colour. The smell is a light florally scent which I don't mind as it disappears after application.

This BB cream feels light on my face, and gives my acne scars moderate coverage - I apply one extra layer to my red acne marks which gives me almost total coverage. One thing I really like about how this BB cream sits on my face is that it looks SO natural! It honestly probably looks less natural when I set it with a bit of bare minerals powder because I want to prevent T-zone from being oily. I find it does accentuate any flakes on my face though, so I would probably exfoliate the night beforehand just to get rid of these before applying.

I wear this to work, and find the staying power is fantastic (again this compared to my old tinted moisturiser), and I only have to blot once or twice during the day with an oil blotting sheet. I have not found wearing this BB cream to cause any more pimples than usual (yay!).

I would definitely repurchase after using this tube, perhaps online now that I know what colour I am as I think Missha often has sales online.

on 10/25/2014 1:21:00 AM

I wanted to try this bb cream for so long but was delaying my online purchase. Good I didn't order it online because I have found a location where I can try it and then buy it along with other Asian skin care and make up brands like skin79 and hanskin. For those who live in New York especially Queens, you can find it in the mall on Main Street, not far from Asian bank.
Now to the bb itself. As many people said it is very grey first couple of seconds. I was scared at first with this grey shade on my yellow undertone skin but in a couple of seconds it adjusted to my skin tone and looked absolutely naturally.
I bought 21 shade and it looked a little lighter at first but then again it seemed to adjust.
The coverage medium to full and buildable. Covers all my redness perfectly. Doesn't cake without primer.
The finish is natural a little on a glowy side. It is moisterizing, not drying at all, not oily too. It's a perfect choice for winter when I can't use my lorac cream foundation.
It costs me 15$ for 20 ml and the full size is around 30$.
I can see why people like Korean bb creams I do too now.

on 9/1/2014 7:21:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Great texture, coverage and staying power. It really evens out my redness, but doesn't completely fade out my freckles so it looks very natural. 21 is the perfect colour for my fair skin. I will repurchase again and again.

on 8/21/2014 12:29:00 AM

I can't believe I haven't done a review for this product yet, it's amazing! Well, maybe not that amazing, but it works pretty damn well. For reference I am a NC15-20 and I have both original shades 21 and 23. No. 21 is a good match for people with slightly fair-light skin color (Mac 15-lighter 20's/Revlon Colorstay 150 Buff), No. 23 is probably better suited towards darker NC 20's-25. However No. 21 is I would say leans slightly more pink toned whereas 23 is more yellow in comparison. Both also have a slight grey cast, but it does oxidize a bit to fade away. I have combination skin, dry (sometimes flaky) cheeks/forehead with an oily nose, and overall staying power is pretty decent (~5-6 hrs/I don't powder) and it actually fades away pretty naturally, if that makes any sense. The formula is a bit thick but creamy, with a medium coverage that dries to a satin, with a tiny bit of a tacky/sticky finish. I use my fingers to apply but occasionally I'll use my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush; both methods work nicely, I feel like I get more coverage when using my fingers though. The price varies depending where you get it from, I always buy the 50ml version (there is a smaller 20ml) for about ~$13-14 online. My favorite part about it is the amazing sun protection of SPF 42 it gives, which in downside does cast white in flash photography (I looked shining bright white). Also, there is a light powdery fragrance to it, I like it but some people might not. I love this stuff, have repurchased and will continue to do so.

on 8/13/2014 8:22:00 PM

I have had tons of samples of this just laying around for months without ever trying it (I order my HG sunscreen from the website and I get a lot of free samples).

I needed a foundation that was sheer to medium coverage yet looked natural so thought I would try it. The color 21 is the most perfect match for my skin that I have ever found...not too dark, not too chalky, neutral undertones. I can spot-apply this and not worry about there being an obvious line. The finish is satiny but not overly dewy. I have tried other bb creams from Missha and been really unimpressed but this one is almost perfect.

I love the range of colors, such subtle differences between them so I will have no trouble going to a paler shade in winter if necessary. The shade range isn't great for darker skin though so that will be problematic for some.

The SPF and PA+++ rating means that I can wear this in florida without worrying about skin damage (I wear it over Missha's Time Revolution SPF50 sunscreen).

The only issue I have is that it just doesn't last on my skin. I have an oily nose and chin, and dry cheeks and eye area and even if I am inside in air conditioning all day, this is almost gone by the end of the day. I don't think I would buy this again, even though it's a great product I need something that lasts. I do recommend this if you have very dry skin though, this may have more staying power on skin which is less oily than mine.

on 8/10/2014 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought it because of its colour (#13) which matches my pale skin perfectly.

My skin is VERY VERY oily, so it was a big mistake to buy it. I get a little bit oily before I even finish to apply it. My face is all shiny just an hour later. This thing makes my face sticky, it's disgusting to touch it. Also, it completely slides off my face after 2-3 hours. This BB cream leaves its colour on everything you touch: your clothes, your hands, your phone.

Coverage is great for a BB cream. It applies smoothly (I apply it with my fingers). Didn't clog my pores. It has relatively low price and really bright colour, which is difficult to find for me.

Despite that, I will never buy it again. And don't recommend to do this for those who have oily/very oily skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bash it or Buy it?!! Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream - demo and review by Denim Vixen

Top Rated MISSHA Products