MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream

3.8

on 5/21/2009 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I used this for a few months while I was living in Japan. I am NC15 and the shade 21 was perfect for me. What I like about this BB cream is that it is really easy to apply and has amazing coverage. I used this in place of my foundation and just topped it with concealer and powder. For my oily skin I found that I didn't need to wear a moisturizer underneath for this is quite moisturizing and can tend to look shiny by midday. The staying power was just as good as any other foundation I have tried but it did clog my pores after a few days. The price is really reasonable and I liked the packaging for it was sanitary and easy to travel with. While I won't repurchase because it did clog my pores, this was a great BB cream for hectic mornings or low-key makeup days.

on 5/18/2009 10:01:00 AM

I tried this BB cream from a review on you tube. Bubzbeauty really liked it so I gave it a shot. Since I am currently in Korea I just ran to the Missha store and bought it. I am using NO. 21, the lighter one.
I must say over all, I like it and would buy it again. The coverage is decent and it's just really quick to put on. Although I have a lot of acne scars (I am currently on accutane medicine) so what I do is put on the BB cream and use foundation on the areas of may face that need it. (My foundation is full coverage). The best part of this product is that it feels light weight and I skip the whole primer process. I use to use Bare Essentials Primer and currently using MAC primer and it is so nice to skip this step. Since I have suffered severe acne for almost 10 years, I've been using foundation since I;ve been 13-14 years old and over the years, Ive noticed the color is myface becoming very dull. Since I;ve been using BB cream, I see the color and glow to my face slowly coming back.

So I suggest giving it a try. It was only about $15. So if it doesnt work out, atleast you didnt spend an arm and a leg or you can use it in the less problem areas of your face =)

on 5/17/2009 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have this in #23 which is supposed to be slightly darker than #21. Like all other BB cream, its does the same job, evens out skin tone & texture, creating a smooth canvas. Don't expect BB cream to cover dark circles or melasma, it doesn't, what I really like is it instantly make the skin look brighter, like after a scrub & mask treatment.; and it will make whatever makeup product (fdn, blush etc), much more pronounced.

The texture of this, and with all other BB cream matters little to me. Depending on the product, I may add a drop of primer, sometimes a drop of liquid foundation & do a cocktail, this works extremely fast when you are short in time. You have to play with it ahead of time to tweek to your need.

on 5/8/2009 11:29:00 AM

I use No. 23 and i'm NC25. It looks pale out of the tube, but once oxdizes, it blends in with my skintone well. It doesn't look very natural because its so thick. It does spread on the skin quite well. I can easily see that i'm wearing foundation even though i use very little product. If you need a good coverage from a bb cream, get this. If not, look else where. I love Missha's Watery BB cream because it's much, much lighter consistency and makes my skin look dewy rather than mask-y like this bb cream. I like that this bb cream has a high PA and SPF but i still wear my everyday sunblock under this. If you're in US, you can get a big tube (50 ml) with pump for about $20. Small tube (30ml with no pump) is about $14.

on 5/4/2009 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

missha really evened out my skintone and made it softer. BUTTTTTTTTTTT it cause me to have soo many bumps on my skin, it was disgusting. it looked horrible like i had a rash everywhere. i guess you could say i have sensitive skin. I really wish this worked for me, cause it did kinda help with acne, softness and things. but the bumps were horendous.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the first BB Cream I have tried. Honestly I LOVE this product, or at least I tried very hard to love it. Lets see why:

Coverage-wise, it's GREAT!!!! it's comparable to any foundation (liquid) in the market, and the smell is alright with me, at least it doesn't bother me. The instant I put this thing on my face, i was STUNNED! my face looked perfect b/c it hides the scars, reddish marks, the 'dark' corners of mouth, and even my undereye circles!!! what more could i ask for?!

I quickly finished the sample (about 3 times use), I'm using No. 23 (Ref. I'm NW 25) , I love the fact that this has high SPF so I don't need my sunscreen anymore.

HUGE DOWNSIDE: this product's texture is sticky, I can't imagine wearing it in summer in the place where I"m at (humid, hot). And the color of the BB Cream comes off easily with a wipe/pat of a tissue paper, (imagine sweating in summer with the BB cream on your face...yuck), which also means that it will taint your clothes!!! HUGE BUMMER. If the oil-control is better, and the consistency (color-staying power), i WOULD definitely be in love with this.

So far, it's the oily and the oil-control issue that stops me from buying a full size of this thing....

but if you come from dry areas with bright sunshine, you may want to try this!

on 3/3/2009 10:17:00 AM

Finally - a foundation I can love! I bought this several months ago because of MUA - over the years I have tried almost every foundation out there and nothing ever made a big enough improvement to my skin for me to wear it more than once in a while - in fact, they usually just made the pores on my cheeks and nose more obvious - not what I was going for. So, usually, I went without. THIS works. I purchased #21 (I know that most people purchase #23, but I'm so fair, the #21 is still actually a little dark on me) It sat on the shelf after the first couple of times I used it since it was less than stellar - but I've now figured out I was using waaaay too much - less is definitely more here. Love the pump, and the fact the pump pops off so I can put any excess back - which I have to do since I'm not even using a half a pump on my whole face. It's deemphaszing my pores and the couple of lines that have developed. It also covers the redness on my cheeks better than any product I've ever tried - so now I don't need a product for that. Also have to love the fact it's SPF 42 - and now I don't need the sunscreen either! I can't wait to see what the long-term benefits are - but even if there are none, it's still worth it. In fact, I'm going out to EvilBay to see if I can snag a back-up today.

on 8/5/2015 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am very impressed with this product, it blends into my skin seamlessly and it really looks like I have nothing on if I blend it properly with my brush. You can build up the coverage and it covers the large pores on my nose so well. Overall, it's a really great product and well worth the money, superior to all of the western foundations and bb creams that I've tried in the same price range. Also you can get it on Ebay for a cheap as chips price with free worldwide shipping.

edit: I dropped one star as it doesn't last very long on my oily skin without powder. with powder it does last quite well though.

on 7/4/2015 12:22:00 PM

My favourite BB cream!! I have combination to oily skin and have the worst oil spills in my T zone area. Although I wouldn't say this is the oil control master, it doesn't break me out at all or clog my pores. I feel it stays in place and doesn't slip and slide. I only trusf Korean BB creams and have tried MANY brands: etude house, holika holika, skin79, garnier, etc. Missha offers the broadest range of skin colours and really works well for me!

on 6/16/2015 7:11:00 PM

The smell is fantastic!

I have worn this bb cream in shades 21 and 13. Neither of them matched well my skin tone, so I'm not satisfied by the product anywise. But I have used it a lot for some reason, so here are my story and comments.
It wasn't bad in winter: I was pleased by the fact that it was moisturising, yet it felt like wearing nothing at all on my face. It blended well enough, so the fact that the shade was not excactly the perfect one wasn't a visible issue.
But as soon as the sun became more intense, I think that my skin looked "greyish" in the light. Also, I wouldn't say my face is oily, but it has oily and shiny areas. I felt that this BB cream made it look really greasy in the summer, and this is a pity considering that a great advantage of the product is its high spf.
Regarding the texture and the way it blends and moisturises, I consider it more decent than, for example, some tinted moisturisers/ tinted sunscreens that I have tried.
After a few months of- often but not daily- wearing it, I noticed that my skin was not at its best. It was when I completely stopped using it that I noticed a much cleaner/clearer skin, and then I understood that this cream isn't for me...

For me, the smell is the only unforgettable thing about the MISSHA BB Cream.
I'd say I wouldn't recommend it, but then again perhaps it can work for other skintones or skintypes.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bash it or Buy it?!! Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream - demo and review by Denim Vixen

Top Rated MISSHA Products