MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream

3.8

This is actually my first review ever since I joined this blog. To start off I have really really REALLY bad acne scars. I'm way to embarrassed to even upload any pictures of them. Surprisingly, it's been through worst and now it's just stubborn acne scars and occasional hormonal breakouts. I was first introduced to BB Cream from " From Head To Toe" she actually made a HUGE BB Cream review to show us the different types of brands out there. I actually bought a sample pack from ebay to give it a try and what I did notice is that you actually do not need a lot for coverage. Just use a tiny dot around your face and blend in. Give is a few seconds to have it oxidize and you should see a result after wards. One thing I do like is that is really does cover your scars so well. However I find that they seem to be very light on my face? It actually seems as though my face is very porcelain. It does feel a bit sticky and heavy on my face at least and maybe I put a little to much? I tend to over due because I want to cover as much as possible so maybe I'll give it another try with a very light light application.

This is recommended by many makeup gurus on YouTube such as 'Bubzbeauty' and I bought this after seeing such good reviews. For $32.90 AUD for 30ml, I think this is a pretty good product.
They have 5 shades which are No. 13, 21, 23, 27 and 31. Shades are similar to MAC so NC20 would probably go for No. 21 etc. however BB creams are quite pale and it would best to be safer to go up in a shade than down.
Out of the pump it looks like a pale pink with a shade of grey. It is not meant to be used as a foundation and you only need a pea sized portion to cover your whole face. If necessary, use another pea sized amount for another layer of coverage. The coverage isn't as high as foundations but still very good (between a tinted moisturiser and foundation).
For application I warm up the product between my fingers, dot it on my face then pat it in so that it blends into the skin. Don't use a brush because I find that it's only buildable in light thin layers patted into the skin, and covers pores better with fingers. It can be worn by itself without setting powder (lasts longer with powder).
I have actually noticed whitening, clearer and smoother skin. The SPF factor is very high and it's very moisturising. This gives a dewy, glowy and youthful look. The creamy, buttery texture makes it easy to apply, and is easily absorbed into the skin making me look PORE-LESS.
This is not for oily skin, because you look like a greaseball afterwards and will need to apply more powder or use blotting paper. NOT GOOD FOR PHOTOGRAPHY. For me this lasts 3 to 4 hours before getting oily, lasts around 5 to 6 hours if set with powder.
There's a lovely floral scent to this, but very very mild. The packaging is sleek and looks high end. VERY GOOD PUMP and there's a clear lid to cover so that you don't accidentally press it. The lid also allows the product to stand upwards.
Highly recommended.

I got this on sale on the Missha website when it was 30% off. I used this product in colors #21 and #23 and #23 blended the best with my skin (I'm a MAC NC25). Although a lot of people raved about this product on YouTube, I was very disappointed with the formula. Not only myself, but both of my sisters also broke out while using this product. I got 2 pimples from it and after removing it off with my make up remover and washing my face with my face wash, it left little bumps all over my face. Granted, I do have very sensitive skin but my sisters don't and I was surprised that they broke out too!

Oh, by the way, Missha does not return any open products. This sucks! :(

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Good coverage; offers that flawless porcelain look; and the extra SPF is an appreciated bonus. It's a little slick on the face however, and as I have oily skin, I need to pair this with a pressed powder. On major breakout weeks, I definitely need to layer on foundation for adequate coverage. Luckily it did not cause me to break out, but it also has not improved my skin any. Overall a good buy, but it's not perfect.

UPDATE: I recant what I said earlier about this product not causing me to break out! After using it every day for months and going through 2 bottles, it wreaked havoc on my skin. It clogged my pores, resulting in triple the usual number of blackheads I have, and also caused me to break out in unusual places. This is a good *makeup* product, but do not be fooled into thinking it's a good *skincare* product. I'm now having serious doubts whether I'll buy a third bottle.

I broke out and had rashes all over my face. It was pretty bad and I just had it on for 2 hours. I guess I have a really sensitive skin or this thing has some ingredients that irritated my skin.

I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone. If you live in the US and want a good product, there are soooo many good ones out there. I'm not saying that this product is bad, but I don't think it does what it claims on the box.

I have super sensitive, acne-prone skin and most foundations/tinted moisturizers usually break me out after a couple of weeks of usage.

And this sneaky BB cream is one of them.
At first, I thought the break out I was having was normal, as I have a mix between hormonal acne, and the acne caused by dirt/evil makeup/bacteria.

However, I noticed that my skin was getting worse. More blackheads, clogged pores, milia-like bumps, and worst of all, cystic acne.

And then I realized, this freaking product has mineral oil.

It's the 4th highest ingredient on the list (duh, why didn't I check before) and jeez, that stuff causes pimples like no other.

I've gone a whole week without wearing anything on my face, and my skin's definitely improved, apart from the crappy acne scabs and scars left behind by acne caused by this BB cream.

Oh, but, if you don't break out, this BB cream has a great consistency, alright coverage and pleasing fragrance.

Also, my skin is fairer.

Damn that mineral oil.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was really excited to use this product and when it came I immediately washed my face and tried it on the first thing I noticed was the strong scent. NOT GOOD. For anyone with skin as sensitive as mine anything with such a strong almost perfume-y smell is a bad idea. I went ahead though and gave it a shot. The cream came out fairly thick and I didnt have to use too much to get a nice coverage going. I built the product up under my eyes and on visible blemishes and scars and yet it did not appear thick or cakey like with some foundations Ive used. The color went on very pale but set in with my natural color about 30 minutes after applied. I also have very dry skin but this left no patches or anything behind. I liked it.

But around two or three hours later my face started to itch a little and I ignored it. More time passed more itchiness ensued. By the time half the day was gone so was the creams results. It looked like it just faded away and there was no point in keeping it on any longer so I washed my face. I got red rashes all along the sides of my face and definitely do not plan on using this product again!

On account of its mineral oils and very strong scent I do not recommend this for anyone struggling with their skin. Stay away from this product!

***THERE IS A NEW DARKER SHADE AVAILABLE ONLINE!! IT'S NO.31 GOLDEN BEIGE!!! FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO FIND NO.23 TO BE TOO LIGHT FOR YOUR SKIN, GIVE NO.31 A TRY!!
now back to the review...
This is the first BB cream that I've ever used and I love it! It did not break me out and it's a great for daily use if you don't like using foundation and has super SPF of 42!! I use shade #23.

Packaging: (50ml) sleek, dark red tube, has a PUMP and a CAP! It may take a lot of pumps to get out the product during the first use, but afterwards, it comes out easily!

Texture: Moderately creamy: feels like a cream moisturizer, light weight and blends amazingly well, does not dry up the face. Though sometimes, it will show dry patches like a lot of other foundations on the market. Just make sure to exfoliate and moisturize your skin whether you have super oily or dry skin.

Scent: it's a very light and pleasant smell, kinda like baby products. Personally, I love this smell.

Shade: For reference, I'm nc30-35 and revlon colorstay golden beige. I use #23 and it's a great match. When I first put on this bb cream, I freaked out because it look a bit greyish, but after blending it out, it matched my skin very well and seemed to brighten up my face and gave it a gorgeous glow. :] It now comes in 3 shades: 21, 23 and 31. 21 has a more ivory tone to it while 23 has a yellow undertone, both are pretty light. Shade 31 is great for medium skin tones (nc35-40).

Price: I got this for about $15 on ebay from skinfood4you (i think), free shipping!
Overall, great product 5/5

Wow...I am so surprised by all the negative comments on this product! I love this product and I'm on the 3rd tube of the 50 ml ones. I'm a MAC NC20 and I use #21. #21 is still light for me so I wouldn't reccomend anyone darker than NC20 to use it. I mix the BB cream with my Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation in SP30 and it provides the perfect coverage and a flawless finish! The BB cream is really easy to mix in with other foundations so you can easily mix it in with the Revlon Colorstay for more coverage or for a closer color match. The coverage by itself WILL cover most redness, acne, etc. but I do reccomend another concealer (Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer is AMAZING for acne/blemishes!). Overall, I LOVE this product and I've been using it everyday for a very long time now. It's so cheap on Ebay too, so at least get the 30 ml one for around $11 to try.

I will never be able to live without this product now. It has officially made me HG list ^_^ I've never had such a flawless finish! With other foundations, people can tell I'm wearing makeup but with this, my skin becomes FLAWLESS.

I did a lot of research before buying my first bb cream , which was this one in #21. When i first tried it i used Olay complete moisterizer (spf 30) before i applied the bb cream and i was less than pleased. My skin looked really greasy and shiny and i was disappointed. Then the next day, i decided to change my moisturizer to Biore skin preservation spf 30 and i just used a small amount of the bb cream and my skin looked flawless! i didn't even need to use a powder. it was not greasy at all, and it made my skin look brighter and glowy. I love it now!! the secret to using this bb cream is to use a lightweight moisturizer and use very little of the bb cream and dab it in dots on the face and then blend it out really well. It really makes you skin look good.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bash it or Buy it?!! Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream - demo and review by Denim Vixen

Top Rated MISSHA Products