September 23, 2014 | 1831 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by BritMC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm kind of on the fence about High Beam. I bought my first bottle several years ago, used it a few times and never touched it again. I ended up buying a new bottle since the old one had probably reached it expiry point, and had mixed results.
Liquid highlighters are typically a miss for me, they have to have the exact right consistency and finish, as i typically apply them over my powder. (I always set my foundation with a translucent silica) High Beam is a little thick for my liking, which makes it a little bit more difficult to blend, especially over powder and even over just foundation. As a result, it also tends to accentuate my pores, making them look monstrous. The colour is a very luminescent pale pink with silver undertones, which even on my pale skin can sometimes look a little too light and streaky as a result. Maybe thats why it seems really hard to blend? I really love the glow it gives, but the streakiness just ruins it. I have tried applying it with my fingers in sweeping motions, patting motions, Ive tried blending it with a brush... Nothing really quite does the trick. On the other hand, it does look lovely on the brow bone and inner tear duct. Since High Beam I have purchased Sun Beam, which I have had a lot more luck with, perhaps due to the colour difference.

All in all, i think its a great highlighter for super pale skinned ladies who don't have problems with pores, and prefer not to set their foundation with powder, as High Beam is REALLY difficult to blend over powder. Also, if the silver undertone is a bit of a problem, Sun Beam would be the next best option. (especially for medium-dark complexions)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

lots of people love this product and it looks great on them but It just doesn't look natural or give me that seamless highlight as it does to others. I would repurchase it though because I use it on special occasions or if I'm doing a "glowing" look it just takes too much work for every day

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by thepinkviper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVEEE High Beam. I have a ton of highlighters and this stuff is so versatile and amazing. First - yes, it's pricey like most Benefit products. However, you get a TON of product. Like a full size nail polish bottle. I think it's absolutely worth the price for the amount you get and the applicator is awesome.

I use this occasionally on my cheeks, but please don't limit yourself there. I almost always do this every day - spread little tiny dots from the inner eye area up into underneath the brow bone and a little underneath my eye. I then carefully dab it with my fingers to blend it in (or a concealer brush) and it is definitely very flattering with an amazing glow. I do this EVERY day and it looks great.

You can also use on your cupid's bow, over your eyebrows, your cheeks, whatever...don't limit it to ONLY your cheeks and then complain. This stuff is amazing, and sample sizes are available. Or just sample it at Sephora!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by babydoll021

I love this highlighter I've tried several (including BeneFits girl meets pearl) and this is by far my favorite! I have it in the mini size - 4 ml and i will definitely buy the full size one when this one is empty! It is so creamy and very reflective, it definitely helps to make my cheekbones stand out! The only problem is that it can dry quite quickly so you'd better apply it and blend it quickly otherwise it becomes difficult to blend! I love this highlighter!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by GlamourMagnet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am such a big fan on Benefit Cosmetics.
When I first tried a sample of High Beam many years ago I was so happy with the product thus I fell in love.
I bought my full size highbeam bottle about 2 years ago and STILL HAVE IT.
The packaging states the product lasts 12 months but have not noticed any difference in delivery after having it more than two years.
Although pricey, i found that purchasing straight from the Benefit website works out cheaper than ebay and local stores. I live in Australia and they really rake the prices up here.
I dot HighBeam on my cheek bones, cupids bow, down the front of my nose and just underneath my eyebrows. It gives a great glow and lasts pretty much the whole day.
I love a dewy finish but even when set with a powder is still does an amazing job.
The price can dishearten some but it truly is worth the price. My HG of HGs :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by samanthalyn713

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This looks pretty in photographs and in person if you have the right skin tone. I have about a million of the half sizes of this and the full size and barely use it. Looks nice when you have a nice summer tan. It looks really pretty paired with Bare Minerals faux tan bronzer, which is my HG bronzer and has great brown undertones which pair really well with this frosty pink highlighter. It isn't universally flattering though and I hate the packaging. Use a sponge and a light hand to apply or you will look tacky and greasy.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by yunniex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This highlighter makes oily skin look even oilier & shinier. I've applied this highlighter along my cheekbones (one dot for each side - instead of the recommended 3) and it doesn't brighten/improve my complexion at all.

I suggest to my fellow oily skin friends, use a powder highlighter instead. I've tried the Bobbi Brown shimmer brick and it gave me a better natural look as compared to High Beam.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by aleachhunter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't think I liked highlighters until I got High Beam. Now I'm hooked! The applicator is great, similar to a nail polish brush. It really adds a special and light glow to my cheeks - nothing too over the top or cartoon-y. I was worried this would be "immature" because it looks so sparkly. However, it's not... it just adds a little extra something to your complexion. I will be rebuying this, although it may be a while - one bottle lasts forever. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by louiseannette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had a sample of this before purchasing the full sized product and I loved it! I used it everyday on my brow bones, my cupid's bow and the tops of my cheeks. It gave a luminous iridescence without being obvious in any way. I found it was perfect for my very fair skin. However, I didn't get along with the product at all after I got the full size. Perhaps it was a change of formula or a change in my foundation routine but instead of going on smooth and silky it would drag along my foundation creating streaks of shine! I tried and tried with this product to get the results I used to but it just didn't work for me anymore. Disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 3:48:00 AM More reviews by Jessiqka

Life changing. I use it right above my brow bones, where its most reflective. Committed for life.