December 18, 2014 | 1755 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Lindz27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skintype: OILY and Acne-prone.
Pros:
-DOESNT cause breakouts!
-CONTROLS oily skin
-a little goes a long way
-light and non-greasy feeling
Cons:
-PRICEY

This primer does wonders for my very oily acne prone skin. It's worth the money!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by illume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this primer for my skin. My only beef with it is that it takes me two pumps to cover my small face rather than one that the regular primer covers. It feels so fresh on my skin and makes an incredible difference in pore size, makeup wear and oilyness. It has a cult following for a reason!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by kellabella94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

This is the only product that I would buy over and over again. I've bought it three times the past year. It really makes my face a clean slate, and makes my skin balanced and velvety. It's expensive, yet I recommend it. I usually just buy the small ones that come in tubes and then refill my bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by emmamcgrath

I really like this product! It makes my foundation go on super smoothly. I used the regular photo finish but didn't like it. The only problem that I have with this is how expensive it is! I don't think you get enough product for your money :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by BluegrassGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have only used this a handful of times because my skin is extremely temperamental and I don't like taking risks... but I LOVE the way my skin looks/ fells when I use it!! I only use it when I know I have a long day ahead of me and I want my make up to stick in place. I haven' t experienced any breakouts from using it but I usually only use it once or twice a week. (some of the other reviews for this product made me paranoid!!) Overall it is an excellent product and delivers a smooth canvas for makeup application!! I LOVE the packaging, its so easy to use and is neat and clean. I'll repurchase when I run out, but that probably won't be for awhile!! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by dnjslWkd

Since I'm on my third bottle of this Photo Finish Light Primer, then I guess I can say that this is my HG item! :) I was very unexpected to see such low rating here on MUA. I absolutely LOVE this product and really, the only bad thing I can say about it is the price. It is expensive but it really really is worth it (I believe it's somewhere between 50-55 CDN). I've used a couple of primers from Benefit (Porefessional and Dr. FeelGood) and Lancome's La Pro Base Primer, and NONE of those come close to this primer. It excels in oil control, keeps my face smooth, doesn't break me out and I love the light, lotion-like texture (I personally hate the heavyness silicon based primers feel on my skin). I don't think I'll ever purchase another primer. I highly higly highly recommend this :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by LameAssCatLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I picked this up after not being satisfied with Urban Decay's primer. I used this product for two days and broke out with deep, large, painful acne. Not just a few spots...a dozen at least.

I do have acne prone skin, but the outcome of this product was complete ridiculousness. I'm better off using my murad acne complex lotion as a primer instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by melina87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I started using this product about a month ago, I decided to buy this product after I saw the recommendation on google search,sephora and makeupalley.com.
I dont know if its the same product, but mine is in a tube and says oil free.
I was quiet shocked at the price at first as its small but you dont need much so I think one will last a very very long time, for me it will probably last me something between 8-12months for a small tube.
I chose the tube one instead of buying the cute pump type as I have read a lot of people's review saying that the the pump breaks easily,and tube will give the exact amount you need. (also the packaging is smaller)

It works fine, but it will still make my skin oily after 5-6hours.
I dont think there are any products out there that will keep my face matt allday though. So overall its a pretty good product that works!
I use MAC's mineral powder foundation with it.
A lot of people has said that it makes the foundation not sit properly, made your skin break out, makes the skin flaky after few mins. those will only happen if you put on too much, you only need a little bit of it. I only use about 2-3mm every morning.

I also have the MAC prep+primer, I dont think this one is as good as the MAC one when it comes to coverage..but this one doesnt have glitter in it..it will give you a matt clear finish. I use this one more often daytime.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by lindadomini

I decided to really try this product out after sampling it. I was hesitant because of the ingredients in the primer but decided to give it a go. When I first started using it on a daily basis, I noticed that I started breaking out (not huge blemishes but still enough for concern). After noticing this, I started using it only on hot days when I knew my makeup would be compromised. Goes on pretty easily and dries quickly. Feels light on your skin. Makes my makeup look better (more even distribution). With the primer on, I don't have to blot my face 4 hours after applying my makeup... I can wait 6 hours. It makes a difference... but it did make me break out a bit... but I still say it's good for hot weather. Would buy again. Sad to hear that it didn't really work for others with oily complexions.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my go to primer. Great application. I would recommend purchasing the product in a tube rather than the pump. I can never get the last amount of product from the bottom because the pump mechanism always fails when then is about 15% left.

UPDATE: I no longer use this primer, compared to newer products this one is a touch greasy. But none the less..it's an oldie but a goodie. I still would use it in a pinch.