April 25, 2014 | 826 users online

Treatments - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by arussell21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow! Lemon juice changed my skin in a matter of one week. I had three zits that would just not go away for months. Now, I am not someone who has horrible acne, just the occasional zit around the time of my period. But in the matter of 3 days, after putting lemon juice on my face, my skin has greatly improved. My skin looks brighter, more toned, and I currently have no zits. Right now lemon juice and a good moisturizer is my everyday face routine and I intend to keep it this way! :]

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by talei

Oh wow!after having so much success with vitamin c and yoghurt after learning this here, i decided to try using lemon juice.. I just bought the concentrate out of a yellow bottle for this, put some on a cotton pad and ran it over my face-it did sting a bit, but no pain or itchiness...
then all of a sudden, my face started bleeding (!) in two spots on my chin!! they were clogged pores, but ouch, i should have diluted this!
I will try this again some other time, maybe in a mask or diluted-but first i have to let the two spots/wounds heal... I was hoping for the lemon to diminish some light scars on my cheek, but duh!!

..what has worked great for me are full fat yoghurt as a mask and sometimes as a cleanser-love that, and products with vitamin c <3

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by KrissyGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love lemon juice! I made a toner out of it with witch hazel and some water, it works wonders. I use fresh lemons and after im done squeezing them, I take the lemon and rub it all over my face like im washing it (throw some sugar on the lemon, rub in circular motions and viola you have a sugar scrub) I find that it works awesome and really clears up my skin and makes it less oily. Plus i feel like im not using all these harsh chemicals on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by cindy007

The best acne treatment. My mother kept telling me to try this, and I wouldn't, until one day finally I did. I had to stop using my usual benzoil peroxide treatment for other reasons, for a while, and my face went crazy. I squeezed a fresh lemon and rubbed it on my face one night, and just left it on without anything else. In the morning my face was clear. It worked 3X faster I would say than my usual treatment. I'm switching to lemons. They are awesome and you know you are not poisoning yourself with chemicals when you use them.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by preeti33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I apply pure freshly squeezed lemon juice on my face every day as my skin tone is very uneven and oily. I leave it on for 10-15 min and wash it with tap water. It has helped my uneven skintone a lot. Drastic results show within a couple of days.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by ShannonEmily123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After reading all the positive reviews here on MA i decided to give lemon juice a go. I bought a bottle of Jiff concentrated lemon juice and applied straight from the bottle (not diluted with anything) with a cotton ball. I used it as a mask type of thing and left it on for about 20 minutes. (I was planning on leaving it on for 10 but i completely forgot about it being on my face) Wiped off,and the first thing i could see was my bright red cheeks,nose and chin. I thought nothing of it and applied my Boots Simply Sensitive Anti-Redness Serum. It did the trick and the redness had gone from Rudolph the red nose reindeer to virtually nothing. The next morning i woke up to no oiliness! I have combination skin,with a verrrry oily nose and chin,but my cheeks and forehead are always in need of a bit of moisture. So yeah, i had no oiliness in my nose and chin,but it wasn't dry either. My cheeks and forehead was though,they was that dry they had little bumps over them. I panicked thinking the lemon juice had broke me out as i had wonderfully clear skin just a bit of an uneven skin tone. But after i moisturized with my Boots Serum,the bumps disappeared. It has evened out my skin tone lovely after one use. I will continue to apply every 2 days but dilute with water until my sensitive skin can cope with un-diluted. Thanks,lemon juice! I'm soooooo happy!!! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Precila101

Lemon juice is definitely nature's best creation!! I currently use this before I go to bed and my skin looks lighter and brighter every morning!! My remaning pimples and zits are practially shrinking night by night. It burns a little for the first two seconds, but then the "stinging" gets neutral. Drinking 1/2 lemon juice and 1/2 warm water gives my metabolism the kick to high gear and shed fat!! I lost 2 pounds in four weeks by drinking the water and lemon mixture every morning. And consuming lemon juice with water kills bacteria that causes acne, protects your skin from free radicals, has lots of antioxidants due to high content in Vitamin C, etc. Lemons are totally the best Mother Nature creation ever!!

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by tikabindu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This a great home remedy. I'm all for natural skin care! This is great for lighting skin and getting rid of oily skin. But be careful it can be a little to harsh!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by amanda311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My lemon skincare routine:
Once every two days or so, or once a day if I'm going through a breakout, I mix lemon juice with a splash of water and then add table sugar until it forms a paste. I use 100% lemon juice not from concentrate, but bottled, that contains lemon oil and a preservative. It's an Italian brand, most bottled juices are from concentrate and they work just as well. I cleanse my face with a simple cleanser with no acne medication in it, and then massage the mixture into my skin, leaving for 5-10 minutes before rinsing. Then I wait a bit while I style my hair or get dressed before I swipe a Dickenson's Witch Hazel and Aloe wipe across my face to neutralize the acid. My skin is baby soft, my pores are tight, and I rarely need moisture, though I occasionally use Neutrogena moisturizer for sensitive skin. Any blemishes I have or that are forming come to head the same day and are flat by the following morning. Any hyperpigmentation is greatly reduced in a weeks time. Flakes are sloughed off and do not reoccur during the day. My makeup retains it's "just done" look for hours. If I don't have time to do my usual routine I just tone with juice on a cottonball. It doesn't sting me much but if you're extremely sensitive I suggest adding a splash of water to the cotton. You don't have to neutralize with anything, but I use the witch hazel wipes because the sugar can leave me sticky. My skin has greatly improved since I began doing this and I rarely use other products to cleanse my skin, as I find even high end ones leave me rough and irritated. After a monster breakout I quit using acne medicated products for good and I don't think I'll ever be going back. My skin has never behaved so well :)

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by catdeluxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I adore lemon juice. I use it every second week or so, for lightening any blemish area and for better looking complexion. I put fresh squeezed lemon juice on my face or mix it with natural clay and put in on the face. The effect is silky, bright and fresh looking complexion! One of the best natural remedies for great skin!