August 2, 2014 | 941 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by juicyluvr75

well, after reading the rave reviews of lemon juice, i went out to get a bottled version. The first few nights of this seemed to work, but it actually INFLAMED the little flesh colored bumps on my forehead and now they're even more visible than before. I may return to this after i've gotten my skin under control, but for now i'm gonna start using my Alba toner again.

EDIT: so it's about 3 weeks since i've started using this daily, and i really do like it. The pimples on my forehead cleared up eventually, and now my skin feels super soft and more even toned. I have changed the way that i used lemon juice though, and i find that this new method is way more effective.

After cleansing my face, i put some lemon juice on a cotton ball and use it as an overall toner. Before it dries completely, i put on moisturizer and let everything dry. The moisturizer relievess the stinging sensation immediately! If i have any huge blemishes, i'll go back and spot treat using a q-tip. This has helped tremendously in clearing up my skin. It hasn't completely stopped my breakouts, since i still get new pimples every other day or so, but it draws out the whitehead and helps it mend faster.

I don't think it helps all that much with scarring...but i do see a little bit of a difference.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

edit: after two uses, this has now faded into oblivion, a scar from hot oil (cooking related obviously) that i've had for over a year on my hand, i've tried all sorts of things on this scar including creams, serums, and rose hip oil. THIS is the only thing that worked, and so fast! i had diluted the lemon juice with a bit of aloe vera gel and honey and left it on overnight.

---
edit: i make a fresh batch quickly at night now. a bit of lemon juice, a bit of honey, a bit of aloe vera gel, a bit of milk, all mixed together, applied like a watery lotion or serum. let dry and apply night cream on top. no more irritation.
Just a couple of drops mixed in with my night moisturizer is what I do. Wash off in morning. The moisturizer helps dilute it, distribute it evenly across the skin, and counter the drying effect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have a large lemon tree in my back yard and I was so excited this past season when they were ripe because I heard such good things about lemon juice toner. It worked really really well! I have mild-moderate adult acne and I'm very picky about what I put on my face. Natural ingredients (except oil) seem to work well with my skin. Lemon juice kinda stings my face, but it's totally worth it; I can feel it cleaning out my pores. I leave it on for about 20-30 minutes, then rinse. My face feels refreshed and squeaky clean afterwards. And it's so cheap! Love it! Maybe I'll mix it with witch hazel (my other favorite natural product) next time!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by pattyr91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Lemon Juice is my HG!!! I don't think there is another product I have ever tried as a facial cleanser/toner that I love this much! No need to go out and pay for expensive products when lemon juice does more than an amazing job. Use lemon juice with salt for oily skin or lemon juice with sugar for dry skin and you will be able to see the results RIGHT AWAY!!! After I end my routine with a mint julep mask and I'm all set with flawless fresh looking skin! <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 5:10:00 AM More reviews by shereenmohsen

the first time i use lemon juice when my aunt who
has an amazing skin recomended it . she said lemon will help you get
red of rough skin & get back you real skin she was righ but I complained that lemon juice really sting when you apply it
for a while , However I found a trick to get the more benifet of lemon
with no sting. the trick is to add some other good ingredients for
lemon juce so I simply add powder milk & a couple of water
drops the result was amazing soft , fresh& clearer skin

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 2:41:00 AM More reviews by fabulousSHEL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Very good for acne. Make sure to use a moisturizer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by RHanson

You must try this immediately!

Skin History:

Wow. Ive spent so much money, time, and unnecessary stress over my skin, and finally the weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I finished my first (and so far only) course of Accutane two years ago, and though my acne has returned, its less severe and much more manageable. Honestly, I really don't care about active pimples, but its the scars that remain for months that drive me crazy. Nothing has vanished my scars like fresh squeezed lemon juice.

Application:

Every day, I squeeze 1/3 of a lemon and put the other 2/3 wrapped in foil in the fridge. I then squeeze all the juice into a small bowl, not really caring if the seeds fall in or not. One day I will add some cool water to the juice, and the next day I will use straight up lemon juice, alternating as to not really push the skin over the edge.Then, I take a cotton pad (or folded up toilet paper if I'm lazy), dip it in, and swipe all over my face. It usually drips onto my neck, but I let it go down anyways. You will know it is working when you feel the sting. Yes, the sting. It's pretty bad, especially the first few times you use it. My experience, however, is that I was so ecstatic with my results that I started associating the sting with pretty skin, and the pain went away. If it is really bad, do a mixture of 1/3 lemon juice with 2/3 water and work your way up. Some people wash it off after 15 minutes, I usually leave it on way longer, usually 3-5 hours or overnight. So definitely do it when you're at home and have time. Follow with a light application of your most trusted moisturizer.

Effects:

Since I started using lemon juice last month, my skin has just been...healthy, to best sum up all the amazing words I could say. Yes, I still get some (albeit much less since I started using lemon juice) pimples, but they heal much faster, don't grow as big, and don't leave as intense a red mark as they had done in the past. My previous reddish-purplish-brownish scars from weeks and months before have decreased in diameter from small rice to about kosher salt (sorry if this is random, but I put lots of thought into this analogy and it fits what I see best!). Added to this, my skin that has been unaffected by acne (skin around pimples, sides of nose, sides of forehead, and around mouth) has become healthy and even-toned. When I say even toned, I mean no redness, with a very very slight golden hue.

UPDATE

Lemon juice is still working just as well as ever. I few more benefits I noticed:

- Moisturizer goes on smoother, and I needed less moisturizer than I normally do
- Freckles around my nose haven't faded, though they have became smaller and more similar to my normal skin color
- My skin has become really really smooth. The tiny bumps that normally wouldn't bother me have receded, leaving level skin behind

Also!!!

My dermatologist was shocked when I told him that lemon juice worked so well. He said that he would have expected it to be too harsh, but I told him I'd been using it for more than 6 weeks, and he told me I could continue to use it! He also explained why exfoliation, especially chemical like lemon juice, is important for people with acne. He said that in healthy skin, skin cells are programmed to shed off one by one, reaching the top of the skin unimpeded, where it waits to be exfoliated. However, in those with acne, skin cells are programmed to die and flake around the same time, and combined with thick sebum, the pore is blocked and bam, a pimple is born. Even if sebum were thick (caused by hormone imbalance), individual skin cells could travel up without clogging the pore. The problem is when skin cells flake off at the same time. Imagine a line of people going through a door. If people go one by one, they can pass through the door. However, if two (or more) people in line are holding hands lets say, they will block the door. It is in the dna of the skin cell life cycle, he said, that explains the genetic inheritance of acne and the inheritance of healthier skin. Now, I don't know if hes truly right, but it sounded really reasonable to me, and would explain why lemon juice has been so rewarding. The lemon juice was going into my pores and breaking up the evil conglomerations of dead skin.

UPDATE # 2 September 21, 2012

Because I am back st school, I found buying lemons, cutting them here, and doing my regimen took too much time. Yeah, I know it really doesn't take that much effort, but when you're busy, sometimes you just don't really care about how you look as much (maybe that isnt a bad thing though?). So I decided to give bottled lemon juice a try. I've been using Real Lemon, and I have to say, it ain't half bad. Actually, it works better than I thought. It stings less, you can put it in the fridge so it is cooling, and its in a sanitary squirt bottle that makes application very simple. However, I noticed that it doesn't work quite as well as fresh lemon juice. If I gave the effectiveness of fresh lemon juice a 10, which I most definitely would, I would probably give bottled lemon juice between a 7 - 8. So, if you're feeling lazy, but still want some great results, or even feel if lemon juice stings too much, give bottled a try. Also, I did some research online, and bottled lemon juice legally must be at least 4.5% citric acid, whereas fresh lemons can range anywhere from 4-7. So, i think fresh lemons are naturally stronger. So now you have two great paths in which lemons can be your best friends!

UPDATE #3 October 18, 2012

I've used lemon juice every day, twice a day, for the past 3 months, and it's safe to say it is a godsend. The past month or so, I've used bottled Real Lemon and it has worked amazing

UPDATE #4 January 9, 2013

Please please please see my review for carotene supplements! They will change your life as much as...if not more...than lemon juice!

77 out of 81 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by arussell21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow! Lemon juice changed my skin in a matter of one week. I had three zits that would just not go away for months. Now, I am not someone who has horrible acne, just the occasional zit around the time of my period. But in the matter of 3 days, after putting lemon juice on my face, my skin has greatly improved. My skin looks brighter, more toned, and I currently have no zits. Right now lemon juice and a good moisturizer is my everyday face routine and I intend to keep it this way! :]

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by talei

Oh wow!after having so much success with vitamin c and yoghurt after learning this here, i decided to try using lemon juice.. I just bought the concentrate out of a yellow bottle for this, put some on a cotton pad and ran it over my face-it did sting a bit, but no pain or itchiness...
then all of a sudden, my face started bleeding (!) in two spots on my chin!! they were clogged pores, but ouch, i should have diluted this!
I will try this again some other time, maybe in a mask or diluted-but first i have to let the two spots/wounds heal... I was hoping for the lemon to diminish some light scars on my cheek, but duh!!

..what has worked great for me are full fat yoghurt as a mask and sometimes as a cleanser-love that, and products with vitamin c <3

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by KrissyGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love lemon juice! I made a toner out of it with witch hazel and some water, it works wonders. I use fresh lemons and after im done squeezing them, I take the lemon and rub it all over my face like im washing it (throw some sugar on the lemon, rub in circular motions and viola you have a sugar scrub) I find that it works awesome and really clears up my skin and makes it less oily. Plus i feel like im not using all these harsh chemicals on my face.