MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 7/28/2013 7:58:00 PM

Hooked for life. Love this alone or under eyeshadow. Your shadow will not move until you take it off. Painterly is a nice subtle non shimmery color that really makes tired eyes look awake when worn alone. It also makes my lids look like I've had a "lift".

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HG primer for me. I have been using this for years now and will continue to do so.
I have oily lids that are pretty discolored and this makes the perfect.
If I don't have time to do my makeup then I just put this on my lids, some mascara and I'm good to go.
The only con for me is the packaging, I wish it was in a tube or something more hygienic. I cut the end off a qtip, scoop some product out and put it on the back of my hand.
I highly recommend this!

on 7/27/2013 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I really like this paint pot. It is lighter than my skintone but evens out the pigment of my skin whilst also doubling as a primer. Nice base for a smokey eye or alone for a more natural look!

on 7/27/2013 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I also sometimes use this as a eyelid primer and it works well on my oily lids. It brightens the eye area and creates a nice base to work with. I like to use it on the inner corners of my eyes. It helps on those early mornings when sleep deprivation gets the best of me. A pot lasts me a long time. I can't believe I haven't wrote a review of this yet since I own a couple of other paint pot shades. I love the creamy consistency and how easily it blends without looking cakey. I would buy again.

Excellent product! Works really good as a base before applying eye shadows or on its own to give the eyes a hint of colour. It is cream which is highly pigmented. After applying provides a matt finish. It doesn't crease or slide off, stays on all day.
The colour is light mauve nude. I also like to use the base to get rid of redness on my eye lids.

on 7/22/2013 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Love this product! I find that it actually helps the eye shadow pop more and stay on longer. A great dupe for painterly is the maybelline colour tattoos!

on 7/22/2013 10:20:00 PM

Love! I had no idea how much this little pot would change my makeup wearing experience! I have oily lids so eyeshadows and liners would always wear off and crease throughout the day. With this baby, my shadows and liner show up more vibrant, last all day, and never crease. I also love that us completely conceals the discoloration on my eyelids, so I can also wear it alone for a more natural makeup look.

on 7/20/2013 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love this! I use it as an eyeshadow primer. The color matches my lids perfectly and I love that it's matte. My shadow lasts alllll day with this. I also use UD which will sometimes crease a little on me by the end of the day, but some shadows apply a little easier over the UD. I will always repurchase this!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this paint pot! Painterly is a beautiful, highly pigmented beige cream shadow that has no shimmer. The formula is creamy, easy to apply/blend, and fairly long lasting. I haven't had any issues with creasing, but I do often use a primer underneath. The pot does dry out after you have had it for awhile, but I have found that my Maybelline Color Tattoos dry out much faster. Painterly is a great, basic color that can be used as a base for any shadow or on its own if you prefer a more natural look. If I could only own one cream shadow, it would definitely be this because of its versatility. Highly recommend!

on 7/20/2013 5:07:00 PM

I use my painterly pot as an undereye concealer because it matches my skintone perfectly. It could blend into my skin a bit better but I love it and it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes.
As an eyeshadow base, I feel it is difficult to apply eyeshadow too, as it doesn't glide on. I prefer a liquid eye shadow base.
Call first before going to the store because they are usually out of stock.

Top Rated MAC Products