October 23, 2014 | 2194 users online

Hair Styling Tools - GHD - IV Styler (all sizes)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 4:43:00 PM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am very unsatisfied with this damn overhyped overpriced iron. I got it from Sephora so yes, it's the real deal. It's pretty, in a pretty box with a warranty and all that, and it heats up really really fast (in seconds) but.... the results are NOT special. One pass was not enough to straighten my hair, even though my hair is barely even wavy. A HAI used to take care of it in two minutes flat, but then I lost my HAI. Thought it was time to "upgrade". Ha. The GHD is not, I repeat not, worth the extra hundred dollars. When I've spent some time with it, my hair looks straight, I guess. But no, it's not gorgeously swingy and shiny; yes, humidity will mess it up as bad as ever. The main thing: the GHD is incredibly damaging. My hair stopped growing when I used it every day just as I had done with my HAI. Split ends would spring up just from using it once. GHD's thermal protector for weakened hair improved matters just enough for me to keep it, but there is no way I'd ever buy this iron again. I don't see how they get off charging $240 for this when there is really no special technology, just slightly higher heat and run-of-the-mill ceramic plates. If you can't afford it, don't feel bad and certainly don't buy it! There is nothing special here.

UPDATE: I think the results are cr*p. My hair doesn't even look very good when I'm finished with it at home, but then, as the day and humidity progress, it just gets fluffier and uglier and messier. Never did this when I used a HAI. So, so not impressed with my dumb GHD.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2009 1:36:00 AM More reviews by ruffstuff

I LOVE this flat iron! Mines in pink, and it's very sleek. I love it, but I have heard that it may burn your hair. So, i reccommend this for people with super thick hair like me. It heats up fast, and the sleep mode really helps when your busy. I would like for it to come with a case, as it was expensive. I would buy this product again, but i doubt i need to because this will last me forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2009 7:02:00 AM More reviews by madamlasher

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The absolute HG of hair straighteners!

I luckily have it in purple. swoon!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by marquis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is fantastic. It does the job quickly and well without causing too much damage to my hair. I also use it to curl my hair and the curls seem to last longer. Yes, it is extremely expensive but it's worth it - I've had mine for 5 years now and it is still in perfect condition and works as well as the day I bought it. Worth every cent.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2009 6:34:00 AM More reviews by saramla

Love Love Love my GHD, it's an all in one really and doesn't dry out my hair, i naturally have curly/wavy hair and it does wonders. My only complaint and it is pretty petty is i only wish it had a built in comb as i'm not the most coordinated person so a comb in one hand and a ghd in another got some time getting used to.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2009 1:31:00 AM More reviews by sassykat802

I love love love GHD IV flat iron. I actually purchased this online from overseas because it was about $100-150 cheaper than places like Sephora. It heats up really quickly and temp adjusts to the texture of my hair. Also my hair doesn't get stuck in the plates and leaves no dents at all. I have hard to manage hair and it straightens the most fickle strands. My hair feels soft, silky, and shiny too! I also like how it shuts off on its on, which is great because I've left my old flat iron on a few times. I've tried my friend's CHI before and I don't like it at all. I swear it was frying my hair and I had to run iron through my hair twice. I don't have to do that with my GHD >.<

I bought the GHD IV Hot Pink Kiss Flat Iron and it came with a how-to dvd and heat mat.

The only downside, the plug. Since it came from Europe, I had to buy a converter plug for it. I only paid $10 for the plug at Radio Shack. I don't have to worry about the voltage because the GHD IV's adjust to any voltage power.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 3:46:00 AM More reviews by princesspeachx

oh. my. god.
nothing can top this flat iron. this is absolutely the godfather of all flat irons. my hair is pretty straight, so lets talk about my friend who's hair i use it on. she has very unruly, unmanageable curly frizzy coarse hair. she has a sedu iron, which she loves. but the first time i came over with my pink ghd, she fell in lust and love with it and totally cheated on her sedu, haha. She said she has never felt her hair softer and straighter. she couldn't stop touching her hair all night. she said that usually, she has to straighten her hair the next day after sleeping on it, because her hair just kinks back up and has all kinds of bends in it. that wasn't the case after straightening her hair with my ghd. it still looked totally straight the next day!
i absolutely love this flat iron because of the technology it has. it stays hot to the very end, and you can really tell the difference it makes on your hair because of that. i never need to go over my hair more than twice, and sometimes i only need to go over it once. it is so silky and perfectly straight afterwards, and it lasts for days, only needing minor touch ups. oh! and also!! I CURLED MY HAIR!! I have very heavy thick straight hair, and it has NEVER held a curl before! i curled my hair with the ghd, and i had these gorgeous full round curls. i looked like a greek goddess, seriously! i've seen curls with other flat irons, and they were rugged and had edges on the curls, if that makes any sense. but these curls were perfectly round and beautiful. I cherish my ghd like its my child, lol. it was a bit pricey, mine was $170 plus $10 for the european to american plug converter. i got it from thefunkygroup[dot]co[dot]uk, which is an approved ghd retailer, according to the ghdhair.com website checker. It also says specifically on the ghd site on the pink ghd page to go to that website to get the pink ghd. beware where you buy these, because there are more fakes produced than real ones!! ONLY go to approved online retailers, or from the ghdhair.com website itself. i think any bad review on this product and complaints about it breaking/malfunctioning are because they bought a fake one and didn't know, because the fake ones look very real. its hard to tell with the untrained eye. but if you do get a real one, you will be sooo pleased. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by ehang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best styler out there (according to Sephora and a lot of hair mags) but I spent 240 on this thing!! They say it won't burn your hair like other straighteners and since I got it from Sephora theres a lifetime warranty on it... it just sucks that it costs so much but it really gets the job done FAST. My hair is already pretty straight but I recently had it cut and it poofs when I wake up in the morning but I can probably get my hair down in 5 mins or less with this thing. It reallly is amazing. Whoever invented it needs an award.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by jcarleton

I love this product! My hairstylist uses it every time she does my hair and it always looks great. I bought this flat iron a year ago and it stile works just as well as when I bought it. My hair is curly so I don't flat iron very often. I haven't noticed any split ends or fried look to my hair. Normally I just use it to straighten my fringe. Best flat iron I've ever had, worth the buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2009 7:24:00 PM More reviews by PinkSoFoxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have naturally Thick Dark Brown, Dry, Frizzy, Semi-Curly, Poofy, Fluffy, Unmanageable, Damaged Looking Hair. And when it rains...the real fun begins. Sounds Lovely...yes? I've tried almost every hair product out there that promises straight, sleek hair. Nothing could tame this mess. I've also tried other ceramic flatirons which helped to straighten a little bit but my hair still had the thick, poofy look. Then I found the GHD Styler. I can't believe this is my hair! It's the hair I've wanted my whole life! Super silky, straight, sleek, smooth, shiny, healthy looking hair! This GHD is the ultimate secret weapon if you want perfectly silky straight hair! I purchased mine at Sephora for $240. At first it may sound expensive but if you straighten your hair almost everyday like me, it's well worth the price.

*My other HG hair product that I could not live without is: Loreal Styliste in iced champagne (in the hot pink box) For more info on this checkout my review.