GHD IV Styler (all sizes)

4.6

ummm ceramic duahhh

on 9/5/2009 7:44:00 AM

Sorry if this post is a little long, this is my favourite posession of all time, and trust me when I say I am not into hair at all, i'm a total makeup person. I straighten my hair and maybe mousse it, on occasion, and thats as adventurous as I get..lol

Really can't for the life of me understand any bad ratings for this product, I mean its not like an eyeshadow/foundation that doesn't work for some people, this straightener is the HG item for every girl I know. The only conclusion I can come to on any bad review that it may get is that its being used on hair that is not completely dry, but with any straightener when you use it on hair thats not 100% dry, the hair will frizz out as time goes on.

It straightens it exactly how you want, every single time, without fail. It was the only straightener I've ever used that straightens it so well that it almost *sets it* straight, in that if there's the slightest amount of precipitation, your hair wont frizz up (like with other straighteners). Its super powerful and even gives you that "polker straight shiney hair" look that the CHI just cannot give.

I have wavy hair naturally, my friend has RINGLET curly hair, and although she has to section it, she gets Polker Straight hair, which is pretty remarkable. We both went through straighteners while in secondary school; first it was remington, (wow, awful), then it was Babylis (OKAY, if you spent like 40minutes doing it), then we both jumped to the GHD and could not believe the difference. I now straighten my hair in 10 minutes, tops.

Its a pricey straightener, but its worth it. Its the styling tool you'll use for years and years and it'll give you the exact result you want, so in my opinion, its money well spent.
Also, they've introduced a new one in the last two years featuring universal voltage. Let me tell you, that was incredably convenient when I lived in Chicago for three months. I hate going anywhere without it, especially for three months!

Also, i'm from Ireland, and 90% of hair salons in Ireland, and the UK use this straightener as their staple product for after blowdrying.

I was given the hot pink one for Christmas even though I have the normal one. I can't sell the normal one. I can't part with it, just in case something horrendous happens like my boyfriend steps on it and snaps it in half (like last time :( ) lol

I've used it since I was 16, I have never thought of trying another straighter, and I never will. I am completely satisfied with it. Highly recommended ladies.

on 9/5/2009 7:06:00 AM

I don't know what the girl below me is doing wrong, because GHD's are without a doubt the best flat iron on the market. Period. I've had mine for over 3 years now and it's still in fabulous condition, heats up in seconds and straightens/curls/waves just as good as it did when I first got it. Obviously because it heats up to a higher temperature you will definitely need a heat protectant sprayed in your hair before you use any heating tools. The packaging is cute, but nothing special. I didn't pay $300 for the packaging, meh. It comes with an instructional DVD which shows you how to straighten, wave and curl your hair properly. Great. No problems with this straightener at all.

on 8/28/2009 4:43:00 PM

I am very unsatisfied with this damn overhyped overpriced iron. I got it from Sephora so yes, it's the real deal. It's pretty, in a pretty box with a warranty and all that, and it heats up really really fast (in seconds) but.... the results are NOT special. One pass was not enough to straighten my hair, even though my hair is barely even wavy. A HAI used to take care of it in two minutes flat, but then I lost my HAI. Thought it was time to "upgrade". Ha. The GHD is not, I repeat not, worth the extra hundred dollars. When I've spent some time with it, my hair looks straight, I guess. But no, it's not gorgeously swingy and shiny; yes, humidity will mess it up as bad as ever. The main thing: the GHD is incredibly damaging. My hair stopped growing when I used it every day just as I had done with my HAI. Split ends would spring up just from using it once. GHD's thermal protector for weakened hair improved matters just enough for me to keep it, but there is no way I'd ever buy this iron again. I don't see how they get off charging $240 for this when there is really no special technology, just slightly higher heat and run-of-the-mill ceramic plates. If you can't afford it, don't feel bad and certainly don't buy it! There is nothing special here.

UPDATE: I think the results are cr*p. My hair doesn't even look very good when I'm finished with it at home, but then, as the day and humidity progress, it just gets fluffier and uglier and messier. Never did this when I used a HAI. So, so not impressed with my dumb GHD.

on 8/16/2009 1:36:00 AM

I LOVE this flat iron! Mines in pink, and it's very sleek. I love it, but I have heard that it may burn your hair. So, i reccommend this for people with super thick hair like me. It heats up fast, and the sleep mode really helps when your busy. I would like for it to come with a case, as it was expensive. I would buy this product again, but i doubt i need to because this will last me forever!

on 8/6/2009 7:02:00 AM

The absolute HG of hair straighteners!

I luckily have it in purple. swoon!

on 7/18/2009 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is fantastic. It does the job quickly and well without causing too much damage to my hair. I also use it to curl my hair and the curls seem to last longer. Yes, it is extremely expensive but it's worth it - I've had mine for 5 years now and it is still in perfect condition and works as well as the day I bought it. Worth every cent.

on 7/11/2009 6:34:00 AM

Love Love Love my GHD, it's an all in one really and doesn't dry out my hair, i naturally have curly/wavy hair and it does wonders. My only complaint and it is pretty petty is i only wish it had a built in comb as i'm not the most coordinated person so a comb in one hand and a ghd in another got some time getting used to.

on 7/11/2009 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love love love GHD IV flat iron. I actually purchased this online from overseas because it was about $100-150 cheaper than places like Sephora. It heats up really quickly and temp adjusts to the texture of my hair. Also my hair doesn't get stuck in the plates and leaves no dents at all. I have hard to manage hair and it straightens the most fickle strands. My hair feels soft, silky, and shiny too! I also like how it shuts off on its on, which is great because I've left my old flat iron on a few times. I've tried my friend's CHI before and I don't like it at all. I swear it was frying my hair and I had to run iron through my hair twice. I don't have to do that with my GHD >.<

I bought the GHD IV Hot Pink Kiss Flat Iron and it came with a how-to dvd and heat mat.

The only downside, the plug. Since it came from Europe, I had to buy a converter plug for it. I only paid $10 for the plug at Radio Shack. I don't have to worry about the voltage because the GHD IV's adjust to any voltage power.

oh. my. god.
nothing can top this flat iron. this is absolutely the godfather of all flat irons. my hair is pretty straight, so lets talk about my friend who's hair i use it on. she has very unruly, unmanageable curly frizzy coarse hair. she has a sedu iron, which she loves. but the first time i came over with my pink ghd, she fell in lust and love with it and totally cheated on her sedu, haha. She said she has never felt her hair softer and straighter. she couldn't stop touching her hair all night. she said that usually, she has to straighten her hair the next day after sleeping on it, because her hair just kinks back up and has all kinds of bends in it. that wasn't the case after straightening her hair with my ghd. it still looked totally straight the next day!
i absolutely love this flat iron because of the technology it has. it stays hot to the very end, and you can really tell the difference it makes on your hair because of that. i never need to go over my hair more than twice, and sometimes i only need to go over it once. it is so silky and perfectly straight afterwards, and it lasts for days, only needing minor touch ups. oh! and also!! I CURLED MY HAIR!! I have very heavy thick straight hair, and it has NEVER held a curl before! i curled my hair with the ghd, and i had these gorgeous full round curls. i looked like a greek goddess, seriously! i've seen curls with other flat irons, and they were rugged and had edges on the curls, if that makes any sense. but these curls were perfectly round and beautiful. I cherish my ghd like its my child, lol. it was a bit pricey, mine was $170 plus $10 for the european to american plug converter. i got it from thefunkygroup[dot]co[dot]uk, which is an approved ghd retailer, according to the ghdhair.com website checker. It also says specifically on the ghd site on the pink ghd page to go to that website to get the pink ghd. beware where you buy these, because there are more fakes produced than real ones!! ONLY go to approved online retailers, or from the ghdhair.com website itself. i think any bad review on this product and complaints about it breaking/malfunctioning are because they bought a fake one and didn't know, because the fake ones look very real. its hard to tell with the untrained eye. but if you do get a real one, you will be sooo pleased. =)

on 6/26/2009 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best styler out there (according to Sephora and a lot of hair mags) but I spent 240 on this thing!! They say it won't burn your hair like other straighteners and since I got it from Sephora theres a lifetime warranty on it... it just sucks that it costs so much but it really gets the job done FAST. My hair is already pretty straight but I recently had it cut and it poofs when I wake up in the morning but I can probably get my hair down in 5 mins or less with this thing. It reallly is amazing. Whoever invented it needs an award.