Sonia Kashuk Bent Eyeliner Brush

4.6

brush

on 1/3/2010 3:53:00 AM

I wish I could give this a 3.5. I can see how people like it, it just wasn't for me. Maybe I was expecting too much from this brush after the great reviews, but I ended up returning it. It wasn't bad at all, but the bent handle just seemed to get in the way of how I'm used to using a liner brush and I didn't like that it made it harder for me to roll the brush in the gel liner to evenly coat it.

on 1/2/2010 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I own 3 of these and love them. I use them with my MAC Fluidlines and my indelible gel eyeliners and my gel glitters. They're fantastic for giving you beautiful and precise lines.

on 1/2/2010 1:04:00 PM

This has become one of my favorite creme/gel liner brushes. The angled tip allows you to get close to your lash line while still being able to see what you are doing. I can also wing my eyeliner with ease with this brush. I clean it after each use and so far it has held up very well. Definitely should be included in everyone's brush collection!

FREAKING FANTASTIC. I have never ever ever been able to draw a nice line (with gel/powder/liquid/whatever eyeliner) along my top lash line before... I'd just quit trying for the past year and have gone without it. It would always be too thick and uneven, but I figured it was all my fault and I just didn't have the knack for it. I've used several types of eyeliner brushes (angled, square-headed, thick, thin, the Bobbi Brown sets, blah blah blah) and nothing works as miraculously as the bent head! BEST SIX DOLLARS SPENT, EVER. I'm so impressed as how beautiful the line comes out, how impossibly thin I can get it, and how ridiculously quickly I can do it! I can't imagine that I'd need to get a more expensive version of this brush because it works beautifully. Happiness :)
I prefer to use it with my Bobbi Brown gel liner (it sticks better than my MAC gel liner). The effect is just awesome. The brush totally makes up for my fumbling hands. It really "hugs" the curve of your eyelid! HG!!

on 12/5/2009 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used to use angled liner brushes, but I bought this brush because I wanted to be able to draw a thinner line. It applies liner fairly thinly ( I haven't succeded at drawing a super thin line) but the best part is that this creates the perfect wing.

on 11/20/2009 10:45:00 AM

Works great with my black track fluid line from M.A.C! Makes a nice clean straight line.

on 11/18/2009 9:24:00 AM

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE ?? HG Brush !! I didn't know I had been using the wrong brush until I got this one ! I have been using MAC 266 for years but during the last few years I was wearing eyeliner less and less .. recently I ran across some great Wet and Wild Cream liners so I picked up my trusty brush and I found myself having such a hard time.. I thought I had lost " my touch " ( sniff sniff ) I ran across the review for the Sephora angled brush BUT THEN I found this gem.. Same brush BETTER PRICE ! For 6 bucks my eyeliner life has been resurrected ! I kid you not.. This makes eyeliner application SO MUCH BETTER.. Is it the angle ? The small tip ?? I don't know.. all I know is that IT WORKS !!!

on 11/13/2009 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I use this with the WNW gel eyeliner---- makes perfect lines everytime! I love how you can easily control the thickness of your lines. This brushes washes really easily- I just let it dry flat and it's ready for the next round. I will definitely repurchase over and over- that is if I need another!

on 11/10/2009 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this brush because my other angled brush was not up to par. This is a decent brush for the price, and I like the angle tip. The tip is a bit bigger than I really like, unfortunately, so I haven't used this more than once or twice. I actually prefer the teeny little liner and spotter brushes that I bought from Michael's (Leow Cornell), in sable, Taklon and white nylon. The ones I own have short, slightly thick handles that make it easier for me to control, so my cream/gel liners go one well even with my clumsy technique.

Edit: After trying the Sephora bent eyeliner brush, I've pretty much trashed this one. I also took away a lippie because it's not that great. I thought that I was unskilled at applying the eyeliner with this, but I had no such problems with the one from Sephora, so it wasn't just me.

on 11/8/2009 6:43:00 PM

I typically use this brush for applying my Stila Smudge Pots (the brush included with it sucks and bristles poke everywhere). All the bristles are densely packed and none of them poke out, so you get a clean crisp line every time. I haven't had any bristles fall off, and the brush is easy to clean. The bent handle was awkward to use at first, but it's easy to get used to quickly.

Popular Makeup Brushes