April 21, 2014 | 1823 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Peppermint Castille Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by zmat2009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Tried this liquid soap both straight and diluted and can't say I share experience that other people here had. It does not lather good enough. I need to 2-3 squirts to get decent lather. I also tried washing my makeup brushes with it with rather bad results - the foundation did not come off after using this soap 5 times in a row. Eventually, I gave up and used regular bar soap which cleaned the brush instantly without any orange-colored water dripping after squeezing the brush. I'm giving this soap 4 lippies and MAY buy it again just because of its ingredients. Wish it worked better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by amoramor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for years! This soap has so many uses (although, using it for toothpaste is kind of gross, it has a horrible taste!) Be careful never to squeeze the bottle, the product is liquid like water and will shoot everywhere, you do not want to waste this amazing stuff! Some people even dilute it with water to make it last longer. I definitely recommend to everyone!! Peppermint is my favorite scent out of them all. Best part is- its vegan!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 11:33:00 AM More reviews by helicopter99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I add this to my bath sometimes and find it to be pleasantly moisturising as well as adding that great fresh smell. Very economical.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2009 4:57:00 AM More reviews by KitsuneO

I love the idea of using all natural organic products on my skin, and thankfully this is one of the best. After reading that you can use it to clean almost anything, from the car to washing the dog, I decided to give this a try. I liked how they formulated their soap; instead of just washing away dirt and grime and leaving a residue, Dr. Bronner's soaps absorb the dirt and grease and once you rinse, you wash it away. I incorporated this into my facial routine and I have not had any problems what so ever.It does not make my face oily or greasy throughout the day and I usually use it in the morning and evening before bed The tingly feeling of the peppermint feels great on your skin (especially on a hot day), my skin feels soft and supple afterwards, refreshed, and rejuvinated. I also use this as a body wash when I run out of my usual soap, and it delivers the same feeling. . The packaging is so unique. The travel size bottles only dispense a few drops depending on how much you shake out, but you only really need a small amount in order to make a lather. This product costs anywhere from $2-$7/$9.00 depending on what size you get.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this stuff after reading all the great reviews and I'm glad I did! It smells just like peppermint and makes you feel very fresh and clean. Your skin feels nice and tingly afterward. Oh, and a little goes a long way! Don't be fooled by the consistency, it lathers VERY easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2009 8:22:00 AM More reviews by calzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is AMAZING!!
I have used Dr. Bronner's products for several years, but recently I have been able to enjoy them even more!
If you want a great lather for hand soap, body soap, shaving etc. what I have found out is that you should put about 3 parts water and 1 part of the liquid soap into a FOAMING HAND SOAP CONTAINER.
It will extend the life of your soap supply, and you'll love the texture. Even thought this stuff may cost 15 dollars up front, it seriously lasts at least 6 months if you use it properly.

Warning!!: DO NOT USE THIS STUFF WITHOUT DILUTING IT. It's meant to be mixed with water, so don't be surprised if you experience sensitive skin if you don't dilute! 3 parts water to one part soap at minimum.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2009 1:44:00 PM More reviews by winian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have been using this as my body wash for many years! When I was a teenager I started getting tiny bumps on my skin and my sister, who's lived in China for many years, told me that a body scrubbing cloth and mint soap is what I needed. I've never gone back! And my skin has been so smooth ever since! It's very concentrated, so dilute as much as you want, I usually do 2 parts water to 1 part soap.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2009 7:29:00 AM More reviews by GadoGado

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the only 100% guilt-free products I buy. I feel absolutely no guilt about corporations, environment, animals, you name it.

With my sensitive skin it is hard to find an all-in-one product that won't irritate me somehow. But for camping and backpacking I always use it. I can brush my teeth with it, wash my face, body and hair with it. I can wash the dishes without harming animals or water supplies. It's awesome. I also use the baby formula castille soap (fragrance free), and the lavender.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2009 4:16:00 PM More reviews by klaiyr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a review for the Dr. Bronner's Tea Tree Soap. I always saw this product at Trader Joes, Erewhon, Wholefoods, and other places but never thought about buying it. It wasn't until I discovered Jason's Tea Tree Gel (LOVE IT) that I decided to purchase a body wash that was also organic and tea tree. It soaps up very well, like the scent, and I feel super clean after a shower. You can also use it to soap up your legs and then shave. Saves on getting a separate shaving cream! I bought mine at CVS for like $9, in the medium big bottle, not the giant size one. Although next time I will probably purchase the giant size.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2009 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Tangerine3

I absolutely swear by this product!!!!!!! I have always struggled with acne. I've tried everything including proactive and prescription lotions and this worked even better!!!!!! I use it as a refreshing body wash, I wash my hands with it, I hand wash my clothes with it, I have even washed my car with it!!!
If the cooling element is too intense water it down a bit. Other than that - I love it. I have even washed my hair with it and received good results!
Great tip: take this soap with you when you go camping!!!! it'll clean you, your dishes, it can go in the river, and it leaves you feeling amazing out in the dirty wilderness!!
Another great tip is squirting it in a bubble bath or a pedicure solution!!!!! So fresh and clean!!!!!!!!

ps....I buy it in bulk and I always transfer this soap into another dispenser to use it more easily!