July 30, 2014 | 1816 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Peppermint Castille Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by DorothyEm

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would buy this again and again for my laundry needs, but not as a bath/body product.

Even diluted, I find this awfully drying to my skin and to the folks who say it is "refreshing" to use in intimate areas-I say "you are serious masochists!" This strips your skin rather than "just" cleaning it.

As a laundry aid, I would not be without this. I never need to use fabric softener (I do use rubber dryer balls), my clothes are soft and clean and do not carry any scent. I have no fading of colored clothes and this is very economical product. One squirt cleans a full load of laundry-white or colored.

It's also great for washing the plastic cat litter box (I used undiluted), as I do not worry that the felines are getting noxious chemicals on their pads.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by nebulus

All of Dr. Bronner's soap products are great. I use the peppermint for impending acne. Peppermint is also good for alleviating itchiness in my private area. Ladies you all know sometimes after period your area might get a bit itchy. This is a great soap to disinfect. You'll feel a special sensation after application, wait a few seconds then rinse it out thoroughly. Only apply it to the outer area. It works every time.===>in responding to the previous comment, no I am not a masochist, it's the peppermint oil that will disinfect and get rid of itchiness. It is as strong as disinfectant like rubbing alcohol but so much more friendly on the skin. If you rinse immediately a few seconds after you feel the sensation, it won't "strip" the skin.
But a word of advice, since this basic soap has a high pH (as in any other traditional soap), it would break the acid mantle barrier of our skin. So only use it for your occasionally itchiness. Continued daily usage not recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Xelestra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- One bottle will last you FOREVER, properly diluted.
- Assuming dilution, the price is great.
- The tingling sensation is incredible.
- I have to mention the tingling again. Sorry, I really love it.
- Hand-in-hand with the tingling, but the smell is ethereal. It's the best soap to have out during Christmastime.
- It leaves my skin soft and refreshed, which is the best of all.

Cons:
- Difficult to lather.
- People usually find the packaging and endless gibberish on the label to be charming and old-fashioned. I, personally, find it quite irritating.
- The little nub inside the cap (which is supposed to keep product from coming out and also anchors the cap to the cap hole) breaks off at the slightest mention of an earthworm's fart. Three bottles this has happened to me now, so I know it's not just me.
- It's a lot harder to find this soap than Bronner's other soaps for some reason. Is it the inclusion of hemp? Who knows.

The con list isn't enough to even outweigh the wondrous tingling you'll get when you use this, for me. Seriously. Any part of your body you put this on, it's like thousands of little pot-smoking gnomes strapped mint leaves to their booties and are doing a square-dance on your skin.

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 1:40:00 AM More reviews by dlamsw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Tingly and refreshing soap that's great for summertime. But since Tea Tree scent is my favorite, I use this for laundry and scrubbing around the house. Good cleaner without the harsh chemical.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 3:17:00 AM More reviews by tojoyamoto

I love it! This is a wonderful product that cleans well without being harsh or drying. The product is not tested on animals, is fair trade and is made of natural ingredients.

I've used the soap as toothpaste (really, try a few drops on your toothbrush), shampoo (but I still use conditioner), body wash, bathroom cleaner (dilute it in a spray bottle with vinegar or baking soda), face wash (in a pinch, but it works), a makeup brush cleaner (a little diluted), baby shampoo and body wash (a little diluted), as a bath soak, in a foot soak, in the humidifier, in facial steam if I'm congested.You can even use it in an automatic dishwasher and in the washing machine! How multi-purpose!!

I will warn that it causes a tingling/ burning sensation if washed full-strength onto the private area downstairs. Oh my!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by zmat2009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Tried this liquid soap both straight and diluted and can't say I share experience that other people here had. It does not lather good enough. I need to 2-3 squirts to get decent lather. I also tried washing my makeup brushes with it with rather bad results - the foundation did not come off after using this soap 5 times in a row. Eventually, I gave up and used regular bar soap which cleaned the brush instantly without any orange-colored water dripping after squeezing the brush. I'm giving this soap 4 lippies and MAY buy it again just because of its ingredients. Wish it worked better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by amoramor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for years! This soap has so many uses (although, using it for toothpaste is kind of gross, it has a horrible taste!) Be careful never to squeeze the bottle, the product is liquid like water and will shoot everywhere, you do not want to waste this amazing stuff! Some people even dilute it with water to make it last longer. I definitely recommend to everyone!! Peppermint is my favorite scent out of them all. Best part is- its vegan!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 11:33:00 AM More reviews by helicopter99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I add this to my bath sometimes and find it to be pleasantly moisturising as well as adding that great fresh smell. Very economical.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2009 4:57:00 AM More reviews by KitsuneO

I love the idea of using all natural organic products on my skin, and thankfully this is one of the best. After reading that you can use it to clean almost anything, from the car to washing the dog, I decided to give this a try. I liked how they formulated their soap; instead of just washing away dirt and grime and leaving a residue, Dr. Bronner's soaps absorb the dirt and grease and once you rinse, you wash it away. I incorporated this into my facial routine and I have not had any problems what so ever.It does not make my face oily or greasy throughout the day and I usually use it in the morning and evening before bed The tingly feeling of the peppermint feels great on your skin (especially on a hot day), my skin feels soft and supple afterwards, refreshed, and rejuvinated. I also use this as a body wash when I run out of my usual soap, and it delivers the same feeling. . The packaging is so unique. The travel size bottles only dispense a few drops depending on how much you shake out, but you only really need a small amount in order to make a lather. This product costs anywhere from $2-$7/$9.00 depending on what size you get.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this stuff after reading all the great reviews and I'm glad I did! It smells just like peppermint and makes you feel very fresh and clean. Your skin feels nice and tingly afterward. Oh, and a little goes a long way! Don't be fooled by the consistency, it lathers VERY easily.