October 31, 2014 | 1430 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Peppermint Castille Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 5:09:00 AM More reviews by Wheeze

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I originally began using this fantastic product as a body wash, but after an uncharacteristically bad break-out last summer, tried it on my face. (I have combination skin, with occasional break-outs.)

I made the mistake of trying Neutrogena's Pink Grapefruit Cleanser, which made a mess of my skin. On a lark, I used a bit of the peppermint castille soap on my face, and was hooked!

A little goes a long way (I use a Clarisonic), lathers a lot, and is so cooling to my skin! It gently removes my make-up, balances my skin, purifies, and doesn't strip moisture from my face.

LOVE IT!

Have tried it in my hair a few times. Nice, cooling sensation on my scalp; wanting to try their new conditioner.

One negative aspect of the product: it leaves a lot of soap scum/build-up in my tub. Nothing that a little Comet can't fix though!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 12:56:00 PM More reviews by shestudieslaw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Terrific, terrific product. Definitely worth the price, and then some.

The entire family uses it, and I am going to try it on the dog, as suggested by another reviewer.

I used to shower with an antibacterial soap (because I work up quite a sweat after an hour of cardio every night), and then a moisturizing soap. The Peppermint Soap does the job of two soaps. It gets me cleaner than any soap I have even used. My skin is softer and smoother than with the use of other moisturing soaps.

I use it in the shower on my entire body (even the girl bits), right before bed, and it is incredibly relaxing.

I have terrible skin problems from head to foot (dandruff, acne, keratosis pilaris, excema), and the Peppermint Soap calms all skin issues.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a go to product for me. I use it for everything, cleaning around the house, bath, laundry, washing my makeup brushes (much gentler than baby soap, and the smell is divine). A bottle lasts forever because you only need a few drops, or a squirt at most to do anything.

The bottle is imprinted with all kinds of theological tidbits that are interesting, to say the least. Dr. Bronner, himself, is quite a character. He's a concentration camp survivor, and truly believed in the physical and spiritual healing powers of cleanliness, and his formula for soap, in particular. The movie, Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap Box, is an very interesting insight into the maker of this glorious product.

Highly recommend. Have purchased and repurchased, over and again. Everyone should have a bottle on hand.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 3:55:00 AM More reviews by helloneko

My cousin recommended this product to me to help clear up my bad breakout. After using this as a face wash twice a day everyday, I didn't get any new pimples and after a few weeks my skin cleared up quite well.

This product makes my skin feel extra clean each time I use it. I love the calming peppermint scent and humorous packaging. Both of my sisters love this product this too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by barnycat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've purchased this off and on for years. It is deep cleaning and very refreshing, especially in the south texas summers. It tingles and leaves you feeling soothed and cool. I sometimes add a few drops to my evening bath water and it smells great. A little like aromatherapy. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by aquaopal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Black

I love this stuff. I use this as a shampoo to wash out product buildup. My husband uses this as well and loves it. A bottle lasts forever! Love how this feels on my skin and the peppermint fragrance. The same feeling as one feels after brushing ones teeth...that fresh minty tingly feeling. This is the sensation felt on my scalp after using this as a shampoo. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by juliebulie

I never go a day without using this! It is amazing. It works wonders on my skin, gives a wonderful tingly feeling. I leave this on for a few minutes on my skin and scrub with an exfoliating towel and it gets all the dead skin off me, leaving me with wonderful, clean skin. It's also great handsoap and works great for cleaning anything very oily, since it has saponified oil in it. It also works miracles on stains. Works best if the stain is fresh of course. But I have gotten stains out with this that couldn't be removed by shout and other chemical stuff. Also great as a toothbrush rinse. Definitely a must try!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by collegestudent88

Natural products do have their drawbacks, and for this one it doesn't lather as well and is watery. This means that you end up using more of it, and it is annoying to deal with the watery texture (like diluted Dawn when you put water in it to use up the last bits) in the shower where it can drip out of your hands. I just mix this up with another shampoo to stretch it out. I don't use it as soap. In fact I prefer to use the soap that I use as a shampoo rather than this. It is far more economical since with just a few strokes across the huge bar I can get a great lather (cheap and natural too). Sometimes I wonder if one of these bars contain the same amount of suds as 2 huge bottles of these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product - love this stuff! It's all the good things everybody else said about it, so I really have nothing better to add. I get a rich lather using a natural-bristle body brush in the shower & I love the cooling sensation. I would love the cool sensation to last longer afterward (like natural air conditioning when it's hot, lol), but seeing as it's winter right now & I don't like anything too cold in winter, that's not such a bad thing.

Leaves me feeling refreshed after a shower. Previous bar soaps I've used in the past (& I've tried many) always left me unpleasantly sticky, filmy & feeling tight & dry. This liquid soap refreshes & rinses clean. The price is great & its chemical-free organic status even better. I started w/a small bottle from Vitamin Shoppe to see how I'd like it. Will get the giant bottle when I run out!

UPDT 2/7/12 -
Still my HG body cleanser! I don't use anything else for body wash.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by DorothyEm

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would buy this again and again for my laundry needs, but not as a bath/body product.

Even diluted, I find this awfully drying to my skin and to the folks who say it is "refreshing" to use in intimate areas-I say "you are serious masochists!" This strips your skin rather than "just" cleaning it.

As a laundry aid, I would not be without this. I never need to use fabric softener (I do use rubber dryer balls), my clothes are soft and clean and do not carry any scent. I have no fading of colored clothes and this is very economical product. One squirt cleans a full load of laundry-white or colored.

It's also great for washing the plastic cat litter box (I used undiluted), as I do not worry that the felines are getting noxious chemicals on their pads.