October 1, 2014 | 2008 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Peppermint Castille Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by juliebulie

I never go a day without using this! It is amazing. It works wonders on my skin, gives a wonderful tingly feeling. I leave this on for a few minutes on my skin and scrub with an exfoliating towel and it gets all the dead skin off me, leaving me with wonderful, clean skin. It's also great handsoap and works great for cleaning anything very oily, since it has saponified oil in it. It also works miracles on stains. Works best if the stain is fresh of course. But I have gotten stains out with this that couldn't be removed by shout and other chemical stuff. Also great as a toothbrush rinse. Definitely a must try!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by collegestudent88

Natural products do have their drawbacks, and for this one it doesn't lather as well and is watery. This means that you end up using more of it, and it is annoying to deal with the watery texture (like diluted Dawn when you put water in it to use up the last bits) in the shower where it can drip out of your hands. I just mix this up with another shampoo to stretch it out. I don't use it as soap. In fact I prefer to use the soap that I use as a shampoo rather than this. It is far more economical since with just a few strokes across the huge bar I can get a great lather (cheap and natural too). Sometimes I wonder if one of these bars contain the same amount of suds as 2 huge bottles of these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product - love this stuff! It's all the good things everybody else said about it, so I really have nothing better to add. I get a rich lather using a natural-bristle body brush in the shower & I love the cooling sensation. I would love the cool sensation to last longer afterward (like natural air conditioning when it's hot, lol), but seeing as it's winter right now & I don't like anything too cold in winter, that's not such a bad thing.

Leaves me feeling refreshed after a shower. Previous bar soaps I've used in the past (& I've tried many) always left me unpleasantly sticky, filmy & feeling tight & dry. This liquid soap refreshes & rinses clean. The price is great & its chemical-free organic status even better. I started w/a small bottle from Vitamin Shoppe to see how I'd like it. Will get the giant bottle when I run out!

UPDT 2/7/12 -
Still my HG body cleanser! I don't use anything else for body wash.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by DorothyEm

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would buy this again and again for my laundry needs, but not as a bath/body product.

Even diluted, I find this awfully drying to my skin and to the folks who say it is "refreshing" to use in intimate areas-I say "you are serious masochists!" This strips your skin rather than "just" cleaning it.

As a laundry aid, I would not be without this. I never need to use fabric softener (I do use rubber dryer balls), my clothes are soft and clean and do not carry any scent. I have no fading of colored clothes and this is very economical product. One squirt cleans a full load of laundry-white or colored.

It's also great for washing the plastic cat litter box (I used undiluted), as I do not worry that the felines are getting noxious chemicals on their pads.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by nebulus

All of Dr. Bronner's soap products are great. I use the peppermint for impending acne. Peppermint is also good for alleviating itchiness in my private area. Ladies you all know sometimes after period your area might get a bit itchy. This is a great soap to disinfect. You'll feel a special sensation after application, wait a few seconds then rinse it out thoroughly. Only apply it to the outer area. It works every time.===>in responding to the previous comment, no I am not a masochist, it's the peppermint oil that will disinfect and get rid of itchiness. It is as strong as disinfectant like rubbing alcohol but so much more friendly on the skin. If you rinse immediately a few seconds after you feel the sensation, it won't "strip" the skin.
But a word of advice, since this basic soap has a high pH (as in any other traditional soap), it would break the acid mantle barrier of our skin. So only use it for your occasionally itchiness. Continued daily usage not recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Xelestra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- One bottle will last you FOREVER, properly diluted.
- Assuming dilution, the price is great.
- The tingling sensation is incredible.
- I have to mention the tingling again. Sorry, I really love it.
- Hand-in-hand with the tingling, but the smell is ethereal. It's the best soap to have out during Christmastime.
- It leaves my skin soft and refreshed, which is the best of all.

Cons:
- Difficult to lather.
- People usually find the packaging and endless gibberish on the label to be charming and old-fashioned. I, personally, find it quite irritating.
- The little nub inside the cap (which is supposed to keep product from coming out and also anchors the cap to the cap hole) breaks off at the slightest mention of an earthworm's fart. Three bottles this has happened to me now, so I know it's not just me.
- It's a lot harder to find this soap than Bronner's other soaps for some reason. Is it the inclusion of hemp? Who knows.

The con list isn't enough to even outweigh the wondrous tingling you'll get when you use this, for me. Seriously. Any part of your body you put this on, it's like thousands of little pot-smoking gnomes strapped mint leaves to their booties and are doing a square-dance on your skin.

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 1:40:00 AM More reviews by dlamsw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Tingly and refreshing soap that's great for summertime. But since Tea Tree scent is my favorite, I use this for laundry and scrubbing around the house. Good cleaner without the harsh chemical.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 3:17:00 AM More reviews by tojoyamoto

I love it! This is a wonderful product that cleans well without being harsh or drying. The product is not tested on animals, is fair trade and is made of natural ingredients.

I've used the soap as toothpaste (really, try a few drops on your toothbrush), shampoo (but I still use conditioner), body wash, bathroom cleaner (dilute it in a spray bottle with vinegar or baking soda), face wash (in a pinch, but it works), a makeup brush cleaner (a little diluted), baby shampoo and body wash (a little diluted), as a bath soak, in a foot soak, in the humidifier, in facial steam if I'm congested.You can even use it in an automatic dishwasher and in the washing machine! How multi-purpose!!

I will warn that it causes a tingling/ burning sensation if washed full-strength onto the private area downstairs. Oh my!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by zmat2009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Tried this liquid soap both straight and diluted and can't say I share experience that other people here had. It does not lather good enough. I need to 2-3 squirts to get decent lather. I also tried washing my makeup brushes with it with rather bad results - the foundation did not come off after using this soap 5 times in a row. Eventually, I gave up and used regular bar soap which cleaned the brush instantly without any orange-colored water dripping after squeezing the brush. I'm giving this soap 4 lippies and MAY buy it again just because of its ingredients. Wish it worked better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by amoramor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for years! This soap has so many uses (although, using it for toothpaste is kind of gross, it has a horrible taste!) Be careful never to squeeze the bottle, the product is liquid like water and will shoot everywhere, you do not want to waste this amazing stuff! Some people even dilute it with water to make it last longer. I definitely recommend to everyone!! Peppermint is my favorite scent out of them all. Best part is- its vegan!!!