December 19, 2014 | 1505 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Farouk CHI - Chi Ceramic Flat Iron by Farouk

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by eritreanempress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

LOVE this flat iron. Straightening my hair myself is a major process and I never do it well. I always have flyaways and major poufiness. My stylist lives 8 hours away and I dont trust new people with my hair. I have fine 3c/4a hair that I normally wear curly but I flat iron for special occasions. This flat iron got my hair bone straight with no flyaways and major smoothness. It also didn't give me stringy ends, which is something I have encountered with other flat irons in the past. It's a bit pricey bit def worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by kmoanig

Was amazing when I first bought it.

Then after about 4 months every time I straightened my hair it would be extremely static-y, made my split ends really visible, and my hair became inflexible and stiff. (Even when using some of the best products out there.) I had a bad hair day almost every day.

Not worth the money I payed for it.

My GHD is waaayyy better.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by hpolanek

Worked pretty good for about a year then crapped out on me..it shorted out. I would expect better quality from something that is so expensive. Bought a Solia and have been using it for over 2 years without a problem.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by joywill8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have always used a CHI GF1001 to flat iron my hair. It does a great job. However, I have had 3 irons just stop working on me. The company used to replace or repair the iron for $15 if the product was still under the year warranty or $35 if it had been over a year. I sent in my last CHI to be repaired a year ago in March. They replaced it with a new one, which stopped working mid-styling this April. I called customer service to have it fixed, but they no longer repair the irons after the year warranty expires. My warranty expired one month ago! Not fair! I guess too many people needed to have their irons replaced. Farouk Systems needs to step it up in the manufacturing department and use durable, high quality parts to make their irons. While it does a great job at straightening my hair, I do not want to spend $100 or more each year on an iron that is just going to randomly stop working all of a sudden. There are just too many selections out there with comparable results, better durability, and cheaper pricing for me to stick by my once-prized CHI. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by chocogrrl05

I rated all 5's. (even for price :/) I love it just like every1 else who tries it. I recommend using a heat spray before, like with all heat products. My hair is only slightly wavey so this might not be completely worth it for me. I could by a less $$ straightner but that would take me waaaay to long, I need all the time i can get in the mornings.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by xEastyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love my Chi.
I used a Solia for about 4 months and that sucked, I really forgot how much I loved this flat iron! It really glides over your hair, when the Solia makes a terrible noise that can't be good for your hair.
The Chi is so smooth, I'll always go back to it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by fyamaguchi888

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have slightly wavy hair but prefer to wear it completely straight. I have relatively healthy hair.
I flat iron my hair just about every day. I haven't seen any dryness or damage caused by using this flat iron. I use it with CHI Silk Infusion & my hair stays healthy.
It is on the expensive side (around $100) but I have had the same CHI Flat Iron for 3 years now & I haven't had any problems with it.
I just wish that it came with a flat iron holder so I have someplace to put it while it's still hot. For $100+, I shouldn't have to buy a holder on my own.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 12:56:00 AM More reviews by discoclemonade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

HG iron for sure!! I have really thick, unruly and wavy hair. You can say I have a horse mane lol and the CHI iron makes my hair super straight and shiny and does not burn it. You can also curl your hair with this iron way better than with a curling iron. For the reviewers that are saying that the CHI broke for no reason- Here is the reason ( very useful for anyone with a CHI) be careful with the cord. If the cord splits or twists after time your iron will NO longer work. You must take extra special care of the cord and wrap it up properly or even hang your iron on a hook bc once the cord goes the whole iron is out of commission. CHI uses a special cord that is not replaceable therefore you will need to buy a new iron. So all in all ladies treat your CHI ( The cord especially with TLC and your iron will last!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2010 4:56:00 AM More reviews by CocoLola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought this was the best flat iron around but then I got the Paul Mitchell one and now I am no longer a believer of the chi.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2010 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Melissa19f

****USE WITH CAUTION****

My last and current hairdresser use the Chi Iron to straighten and to lightly bend my ends. I'm african american with relaxed hair that is very fine and soft. I was gung-ho and determined that I could create the same results as a professional. It didn't work out well, I lost about 2 inches of hair in the process. I literally burned my hair out. Thankfully I was able to easily return it at Ulta.

This iron is great if you know what you are doing, or if you have super thick indesctructible hair (I used to use a clothing iron to straighten my friend from college's thick long curly hair). I'm so jealous. . .

I would recommend this iron to others but discourage those that have fine fragile hair like mine. :-)