July 24, 2014 | 1370 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by oooHUNTRESSooo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow, such a great powder for a low price.
I got this about a month ago and have been using it every time I do my makeup. It sets my foundation wonderfully and leaves a silky matte finish which doesn't look too flat.
I am a fan of mattifying products because my skin is very oily, but this does not make me look dead matte.
I use a few hydrating products which can make me look a bit shiny. This is where this powder comes in. It cancels out most of the shine, but not all of it so I end up with a satin matte finish which lasts several hours without becoming a shiny finish. Mind you, someone with less oily skin could probably last the whole 8 hours without needing to touch up.
If I use all matte products undreneath, the effect is more flat.

This powder is not super finely milled, but this doesn't bother me because it translates very well to the face and doen't look powdery at all. If anything, it even helps to blur out some of my minor imperfections.
It's also woth noting that I always use it with a brush made of natural hairs. This seems to blend it a bit better and I don't apply as much product as I would with a synthetic brush, which might make this look a bit cakey.

It doesn't give any substantial coverage. If you used it on its own, perhaps it would even out the skintone a bit, but that's all. Redness and other discoloration needs to be covered with foundation/concealer.

For reference, my shade is Sand Medium 0-1, but I think they changed the shades recently.
This color suits me quite well, and I am somewhere around MAC NC20-25 and Revlon Colorstay 180.
However, considering that this does not give much coverage, I think I could have gone with the lighter shade as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Laurennnuhhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading rave reviews on this on MUA while on a search for a new powder, this is my HG powder! I honestly think I will NEVER switch powders. I have oily, dry, and acne-prone skin and this powder keeps me matte ALL DAY! It doesn't show my dry flakes at all and if I have to touch up during the day, I feel no oil WHATSOEVER. The packaging isn't my favorite, but the quality of this powder is phenomenal! I would say it's medium coverage and it has never made me look like a cake! Although it is hard to find in my local stores and they are usually out of the lightest shade (which I am the lightest shade), I will continue repurchasing as long as they don't discontinue it! Amazing product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by arose0312

Looks soo natural with great coverage and its soo enexpensive so why not

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Katie1001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product was pretty good! I liked that it kept shine at bay and it looked great over my bb cream. The only problem was it didn't have a shade dark enough for my skin, so I found myself using less of it so in the end it wouldn't last the whole day. Apart from that, it was great! People with shiny skin like me should give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by tmarie7

I have normal skin depending on the foundation I use, so this powder is perfect to make sure my foundation doesn't look oily. It applies onto my skin perfectly, but I have pretty clear skin so it might be different for acne proned skin. I absolutely LOVE this product! The price isn't bad at all! I got it for less than $8 at my local drug store. I love the packaging too. The powder is up top and the bottom swivels open with a mirror and applicator. I definitely recommend this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2013 5:06:00 AM More reviews by ninakiim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had such high hopes for this product. I read so many great reviews and even my fave beauty gurus on YouTube were talking about it. I went out and bought the darkest shade available, which was almost too light for me. Honestly, even if it it were a perfect match I would still hate it. It looks good for literally 10 seconds. It got rid of shine immediately and set my foundation great. Fast forward 10 seconds and you can see the powder settle into every part of my face. It looked disgusting. I used this powder maybe 7-8 times, each time HOPING for better results (maybe the first 5 times it looked bad was just a fluke....) but each time I ended up just taking off my face make up and trying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by katiedelaney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

the ONLY powder I have that does look 'powdery'.
it makes my skin look flawless and you can't tell I have powder on.
it really keeps me matte!!
my fav powder.
i like it better then my Mac one!
it's great for my oily skin :)
will re-purchase again! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

This powder looks smooth and goes on nicely, but I still get shiny a few hours after I put it on. It looks a bit 'powdery' at first as well and accentuates dried skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by isabelle155699

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG I love this!!! My only complaint is it can wind up looking a little powdery but it's manageable.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by aligoldberg234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this powder of my combination skin and usually when i put on a powder it doesn't have great coverage. This powder is probably my favorite of all time. My skin is very oily on my forehead but this product just seeps it up. Also sometimes i get acne and it acts almost like a concealer. A great buy!