December 20, 2014 | 1703 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by tecnogrl

Fabulous! I am so grateful to all the women who took the time to write reviews for this product. I probably never would have tried it without all the rave reviews. In my effort to find the perfect setting powder but also to curb my spending I gave this one a try. I am so glad I did. It is light weight, not powdery looking, gives a nice airbrushed look when used with a good powder brush, not the puff included. I used a Sedona Lace synthetic tapered angle brush to buff this in and got great results. The shade I chose was Sand Med 0-1 and it is the perfect shade for me. I am usually not the lightest in foundations but next to the lightest or sometimes 2 shades from the lightest but with yellow tones. This feels undectable on my face, no heavy powder feeling. It does not settle into lines or make me look older. It truly feels weightless yet looks wonderful. At last I have found my HG powder without breaking the bank. Hope this is never discontinued, which is what usually happens when I fall in love with a product. This claims it will not clog pores so I have high hopes it won't break me out either. Compared to the other powders I was considering purchasing this one I believe to be dirt cheap.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Jelli1218

My skin get a little oily around the sides of my nose, eyebrows, and chin. This powder keeps it in control! I have it in the shade honey, it blends into my skin nicely, it doest leave a chalky appearance or white cast. Love the matte finish and silky texture. I use a powder brush for my face and the little pad that comes with it to dab under my eyes to set concealer. works great. This is my HG setting powder. it might be a little pricey but a little goes a long way, it will last for a while. Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by londoncouture

I absolutely love this product! It's amazing especially for a drug store product! I have extremely oily skin and this keeps my face matte for quite a long time! I also have acne prone skin and this hasn't broken me out either. Definitely worth purchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by LauraOrduz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this! It is the best drugstore powder I've ever used! I think it can be a little bit expensive for drugstore makeup, but it is absolutely worth it. It has last for ages and has a really good coverage. I love how it makes skin look flawless, and even though I have droppped it several times, it hasn't break. I love that it is wearable even when I'm wearing no makeup because I've tried some other porders that just look terribly cakey, but this doesn't. I would buy it forever.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by sarajo8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this product after reading the reviews. The powder itself is fine and pretty average. Its the packaging that drove me CRAZY. It is so awkward, the slide out mirror is redunkulous. What side does the puff go on? Lost the puff pretty early on which rendered it unuseable due to the fact I carry it in my purse. Later Dream Matte Powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by d3pthofdarkn3ss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love LOVE this matte powder. It gives you control over shine without looking like you are made of wax. This powder is very buildable and I find that even when I reapply it throughout the day, it does not look cakey. It works with both my liquid foundation (Revlon Colorstay) and my powder foundation (BE). The price is wonderful and the product lasts me well over a month with daily use. I wish the packaging was a little different, as I don't like the mirror underneath and it makes the compact a bit thick, but for the price and quality, these are issues I can overlook.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by oooHUNTRESSooo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow, such a great powder for a low price.
I got this about a month ago and have been using it every time I do my makeup. It sets my foundation wonderfully and leaves a silky matte finish which doesn't look too flat.
I am a fan of mattifying products because my skin is very oily, but this does not make me look dead matte.
I use a few hydrating products which can make me look a bit shiny. This is where this powder comes in. It cancels out most of the shine, but not all of it so I end up with a satin matte finish which lasts several hours without becoming a shiny finish. Mind you, someone with less oily skin could probably last the whole 8 hours without needing to touch up.
If I use all matte products undreneath, the effect is more flat.

This powder is not super finely milled, but this doesn't bother me because it translates very well to the face and doen't look powdery at all. If anything, it even helps to blur out some of my minor imperfections.
It's also woth noting that I always use it with a brush made of natural hairs. This seems to blend it a bit better and I don't apply as much product as I would with a synthetic brush, which might make this look a bit cakey.

It doesn't give any substantial coverage. If you used it on its own, perhaps it would even out the skintone a bit, but that's all. Redness and other discoloration needs to be covered with foundation/concealer.

For reference, my shade is Sand Medium 0-1, but I think they changed the shades recently.
This color suits me quite well, and I am somewhere around MAC NC20-25 and Revlon Colorstay 180.
However, considering that this does not give much coverage, I think I could have gone with the lighter shade as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Laurennnuhhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading rave reviews on this on MUA while on a search for a new powder, this is my HG powder! I honestly think I will NEVER switch powders. I have oily, dry, and acne-prone skin and this powder keeps me matte ALL DAY! It doesn't show my dry flakes at all and if I have to touch up during the day, I feel no oil WHATSOEVER. The packaging isn't my favorite, but the quality of this powder is phenomenal! I would say it's medium coverage and it has never made me look like a cake! Although it is hard to find in my local stores and they are usually out of the lightest shade (which I am the lightest shade), I will continue repurchasing as long as they don't discontinue it! Amazing product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by arose0312

Looks soo natural with great coverage and its soo enexpensive so why not

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Katie1001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product was pretty good! I liked that it kept shine at bay and it looked great over my bb cream. The only problem was it didn't have a shade dark enough for my skin, so I found myself using less of it so in the end it wouldn't last the whole day. Apart from that, it was great! People with shiny skin like me should give it a try!