July 31, 2014 | 2063 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Honeywell66

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow. I love this soooo much. It's light and sheer (yet buildable) and feels like nothing on my skin. I have normal to dry, rather sensitive skin and I have NO issues with this. It gives a very natural look and a lovely finish. You barely need any to get decent tinted-moisturizer-like coverage. A little more adds better coverage and more polish. I wear shade 20, and it's the first almost perfect match I've had in a long time. Not too pink, not too yellow. Just a nice, neutral beige. I apply with fingers then tap with a damp beauty blender for a soft finish. When I wear this, people tell me I have great skin--they don't ever ask which foundation I use. I have pretty good skin to start, but this makes it super duper.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by DulceCandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried so many foundations and this is by far my HG foundation. It gives you a dewy natural finish I love it! The best thing about this is that you can't tell I have on foundation it honestly looks so natural I can't get over it. So glad it comes in a pump now it makes the application process so much easier =) Love love love!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by floofinator

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using this MUFE foundation for almost a year. I've gone through numerous brands of foundation in the past, including Clinique's Perfectly Real liquid foundation and Smashbox High Definition Healthy FX liquid foundation. What I found with the other foundations I've tried is that as the product gets older the staying power tends to go downhill. I didn't find this with MUFE at all as I'm still on my very first bottle, and still have about 1/3 left. The staying power and color is the same as the first day I used it.

I am Asian and have light skin with yellow undertones and have used #32 Alabaster Beige all year long. Since this foundation has only light-medium coverage, I could see it blending in easily and working for a wide range of skintones. I've never used MAC makeup but based on what I have seen over the years with my colour matching I would say I'm NC20.

Lately I've been more careful with my makeup application since I'm trying to get my technique down to do my own wedding makeup, and have noticed that #32 doesn't blend completely into my skin when looking in the mirror in natural lighting. It worked very well during the warmer months when I had a tan but now that it's winter/early spring my tan is completely gone and #32 is turning out to be too orange for my skin. I bought my second bottle of MUFE Face and Body recently in #20 and have been blending 1 pump of #32 with 1 pump of #20 for a perfect match for my skin.

For the past year I've been applying the foundation using my fingers over NARS concealer on my face in my problem areas (under-eye circles, scarring from past pimples under my nose and chin) and then blending with a makeup sponge. Then I finish with Clinique's Stay Matte pressed powder. The coverage is ok and worked for the most part but if anything I find the sponge just kind of smears the foundation and concealer around and reveals all the scars underneath. Recently I switched to using a stippling brush (Sephora #44) and was amazed at how much smoother the finish was. The coverage also seems to be much better than using fingers/a sponge to apply the foundation. I put two pumps of product on the back of my hand, smear it around to blend the two colours together and to get rid of the large clumps, and then gently dab the stippling brush to get the product on the brush. Then I stipple the product on my face, and the result is a nice, even air-brushed finish that is natural looking. It still doesn't completely covers up my scars, but softens them and makes them unnoticeable unless you're very close up to my face and looking straight at them.

I usually apply makeup at around 6:30 AM and don't take it off until 10-11 PM. I don't bother with touching up during the day except for maybe a little bit of powder and usually the foundation is only a little faded at the end of the day. I don't get greasy during the day wearing this, and I have combo skin. My skin for the most part is pretty normal though, as I said I use foundation only to cover up certain problem areas so if you're looking for something to cover heavy scarring/dark spots/bright red blemishes this may not be the product for you.

Overall, I love this foundation and will continue to repurchase. I have been tempted to try MUFE's HD foundation but don't really think I need to look further for a better foundation since this works so well for me. I have stopped using drug store brands for a few years now so I consider this foundation to be average priced, and keep in mind my first bottle has lasted almost a year and there is still 1/3 left.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by vs3

I really like this foundation. It evens out my skin tone nicely and doesn't look as though you are wearing foundation, my two most important qualities that I look for in a foundation. It doesn't sparkle or shine, either, which I like. Looks very natural while blurring minor imperfections. Very good staying power. Not matte, not too dewy or luminous. If you want luminous, try Giorgio Armani, which I like but lately have been feeling makes my skin too shiny. MUFE Face and Body doesn't look cake-y or settle into my fine lines or pores, either. Definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by ClariceD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have extremely sensitive skin that clogs easily and ranges from dry to dry-combination depending on the time of year. I don't have much to cover other than some old acne scarring on my chin/jaw (substantially faded due to prescription retinoids) and the uneven skintone with redness that my skin sensitivity sometimes produces. In foundation I look for light, but buildable, coverage, tenacious wear, a satin or slightly dewy finish, and a formula that flatters dryness and flaking when they occur. The shade needs to be fair and slightly, but not dramatically, cool-toned, to suit a >NW15. Most importantly, it must not irritate my reactive skin.

Makeup Forever Face & Body Foundation claims to be a long-lasting, water resistant product that evens out skintone and leaves a natural finish, perfect for a no makeup makeup look. Having made it through two bottles I feel qualified to say that in my experience most of that is true. As other reviewers have pointed out, if you're seeking full coverage you'll be disappointed by this. The coverage is light, buildable to medium by layering, and does a good job of producing an even, radiant canvas. It blurs imperfections but doesn't cover them totally (unless they're minor) so for the confidence of a fuller coverage you'll need to use this in conjunction with a concealer. The finish is gorgeous, healthy and slightly dewy but not in the way that apes oil. Having said that, oily/combination or oily-skinned people would probably prefer a more matte finish.

This is a water-based gel foundation and requires shaking before every use. The new generation pump bottles are much easier to work with than the old version without a pump. It's very liquid (but not as watery as MAC Face & Body Foundation) and feels refreshing on the skin. I find fingers or a foundation brush to be the most effective ways of applying this. A sponge would soak up most of the product immediately. I have tried several shades and prefer #38 for my skintone. #20 is too warm, too beige and a bit too dark, although as I lean neutral and the foundation is sheer I can get away with it. This would be a good shade for NC15-20 but those on the paler end of that range might find #20 too dark. Those on the darker end of the NW15-20 range might want to look at #2.

Despite being fragranced (often problematic for me) MUFE F&B is very benign to my sensitive skin, having never caused a reaction, immediate or delayed. It's also, in my experience, extremely kind and flattering to flaky skin - as I discovered during my adjustment phase to Retin A. Another point in this foundation's favour is that it photographs extremely well. I have used this for friends' bridal makeup on both dry and combination skins (with Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage or Shu Uemura Nobara stick foundation on blemishes) and it looks flawlessly beautiful in all lighting, including under flash.

I have repurchased and would do so again. My only hesitation is that I find MAC Face & Body wears better and for longer *on me* and transfers less to clothing, phones etc. Your mileage may vary - other reviewers have found the very opposite. MAC is also buildable more quickly for me, although as I prefer a sheer coverage anyway this is not particularly significant. (For reference my shade in MAC Face & Body is N1). Overall, for my needs, an excellent choice. It's quite hard to find in the UK - I purchased from Guru Makeup Emporium, which has excellent customer service. The staff were also very sweet to my bewildered fiance when he went in to pick some up for me. UK price: £28.95 (plus shipping) for 50ml, gurumakeupemporium.com.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by princess101

This did not work for me in terms of colour selection and wearability. On my oily tzone this slid around at the 4 hour mark, and also transferred to clothing collars. The shades I tried were #20 (too beige) and #32 (too orange) and other shades inbewtween were just too far off.

I loved the finish however---very natural in look and feel. It blends seamlessly and feels utterly weightless. It also covers pores and scars in a subtle way, without looking cakey.

The idea of having to mix 2 shades to get the right match is far too expensive for me, as this retails at $42/bottle CDN.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 10:22:00 AM More reviews by appletea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've previously declared EL DW to be my HG foundation and while I love the heavy coverage, in the end I realized I couldn't get any of the colors to work for my very neutral skin. Furthermore, the coverage--as much as I like it for my redness and acne scars--really aged me. I mucked around with other foundations, most of which were too orange, too pink, too light or too dark. In the end, I settled on a BB cream (Lioelle Triple the Solution) which I really like but the high SPF makes me look terrifying in photos. After trying 6 or 7 (!) foundations in the span of 7 months, I decided to shell out for this one. I have been using this in shade 32 since December and it hits all the high notes: it doesn't break me out; it provides very natural coverage and is buildable; it does NOT transfer. I love using my cell phone and not seeing a grease/makeup smear on the screen afterward; the texture is light and easy to blend; and it covers up the many flaws of my skin without making it screamingly obvious that I have foundation on. It does have its downfalls though. The finish is a bit shiny for my liking, but nothing a good powder can't fix. When my skin is very dry, it does accentuate the dry spots, but I've yet to find a foundation that doesn't. Finally, I find that if I use multiple layers on those bad skin days, it oxidizes a bit dark on me. To be fair, this may be my fault as my skin tone is probably closer to shade 20, but I selected 32 in the hopes the yellow undertones of the foundation would neutralize the redness of my face. Though I've recently felt tempted to try other foundations, namely MUFE's HD, NYX's HD and the new Benefit Oxygen Wow, I can't imagine actually plunking down more money when this works so amazingly well for me. MUFE also deserves props for their wide range of colors. I'm of Mexican-Scottish descent, with light olive skin and the struggle to find a decent color match has been nearly as frustrating as finding a cure for my acne has been. Even oxidized MUFE is much more natural looking on me than anything else I've tried other than the BB cream. While this stuff is pricy, it is worth its weight in gold to me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by TennysonGrace

Good product, didnt break my skin out, goes on nicely. This is a very sheer light weight foundation. If you have really spotty skin it isn't going to give you great coverage. The images on this product above aren't really true to form. If you have super clear skin to begin with then this is an amazing product. If you don't have super clear skin be prepared to use corrector and powder to hide flaws.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Works well with my dry skin, if I moisturize thoroughly. Has a slight dewy finish. #20 is a decent match to my NC15-20 face, but foundation is light enough for color to be forgiving yet very build-able. I apply in small sections, with fingers, working rapidly; it is quick drying. I lightly press powder onto my t-zone and love the results. Almost HG, when I learned how to work with it. MUST shake and make sure you get a bottle with a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by crossett

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Started using this 1 year ago. Will never be without again. Very wet, goes on very wet but for me this is good because it fills in lines and pores. It thickens as it dries and I use a makeup sponge to pat it into a perfect smooth finish. The face and body foundation is light coverage. This won't work for you if you like a medium or heavy coverage.. but if you are looking for a product to even your skin and have a 'natural' appearance this stuff is GREAT.