July 30, 2014 | 1253 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - bare Minerals Foundation #2/#3 & Mineral Veil

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Down2earth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lady's I've been wearing this product for the last 4 to 5 years. It's just as great as the day I first started wearing it. I love it! My 15 year old just started wearing this product and loves it too. I'm fair skinned and it was always so hard to find a foundation to look natural. And natural is what Bare Minerals makeup gives me"Natural Looking" Of course there's going to be people going to dislike it or can't wear it. But to say this product makes you older or gives wrinkles that just crazy! First it's your life style that leads to your aging. If you are noticing wrinkles there's reason for it not your makeup. Not enough sleep, Smoking, (will age your skin 20 years) drinking,(drinking and smoking will age you 50 years) and not enough water. In order for you skin to stay soft and supple you must drink at least 9 glasses a day. This will kept those unwanted lines away. Any makeup will show lines when your not keeping your body healthy and hydrated. I love Bare Minerals and every one that see's me while wearing it states "I look young and Beautiful"!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2008 10:44:00 AM More reviews by dharbo

I have tried a few mineral foundations in my day and this is one of the best mineral ones out there. The only time of year I cannot wear this is during the summer. For some odd reason this makes me itch like crazy. Some say its the bismuth, in my case its not because I can wear it 75% of the year. The BE sales associate said it could be that my face sweats and combined with the minerals causes a reaction.

Apart from that this foundation is really creamy and easily blendable too. The dewy finish I get with this is wonderful. I use Medium Beige and it is perfect for now, when my skin has less color than warmer months. I do use faux tan or warm radiance to warm up the foundation color and add more life to my skin. I abosolutely dislike the flawless face brush, it pokes my skin too much. This foundation applies beautifully with the large kabuki in my opinion. No matter how many foundations I use I always have this in stock and restock over and over again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by blacklacekitten

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like mineral makeup, and this product is the only one I trust about having minerals. I like it, but I'm stuck in between 2 shades: Medium Beige is a lil too light, but Medium Tan is too dark. It goes on nicely for the first couple of hours, but reapplication is needed after a while and makes my face look dry sometimes. I really don't recommend this product if you have dry skin, unless you use a heavy moisturizer, but the downside to that is the powder wont go on as smoothly. Not a heavier coverage enough for my dark circles, I still need to put on a concealer. The Flawless Application Brush sucks. Its too rough, it makes my face itchy and the bristles always falls out. But I like it cause it seems like the purest brand of mineral makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2008 3:23:00 AM More reviews by elainerkitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this product about nine months ago. In the beginning it seemed great. I started to notice tiny acne bumps a few months ago. Initially I thought it was due to hormones etc. But I began to notice they got worse after I had worn the BE foundation. My skin is very sensitive and I am prone to eczema, so I normally have dry, red skin. Yet, after using this product I noticed the dry patches getting worse and I was getting weird white bumps under my eyes and cloged pores in places I have never had problems. I think the makeup seems like magic in the beginning, but soon your skin starts reacting and then you end up with damaged skin prone to acne etc. I would not recommend this to people who have difficult skin. I liked the concept, but the packaging is terrible and the brushes hurt and the minerals cause an allergic reaction to your skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by zapi823

i first bought this product when it was being advertised on the infomercials, i must say it turned out to be a great disappointment, i never looked right it always seem too look really thick on my face like i applied 5 coats of liquid foundation when it was my first layer with the brush, and not only that it started to make my acne prone sensitive skin very itchy and it also made me break out which is not good...lady's be careful things are not always what they seem will never be buying this again

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2008 6:16:00 PM More reviews by sun101

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product when it was first advertised on an info-mercial, as soon as it began to be available for canadians, but i do live in a tiny town in saskatchewan, so it is possible it had already been out for awhile. It came packaged very nicely, it was a very large group of products, brushes, eye shadows, liner, 3 seperate foundations, the veil,blushes, the cleanser, pretty compact with satin zip case,and the primer, and dvd-alot for around$200. at first i loved the coverage it gave, and that it had sunscreen in it, all of the colors were beautiful, and it hid all imperfections very well.But when i put the primer on, even after an hour, when i applied the powder, it made the primer roll off in patches, i had to start all over again! And i found it settled into the fine lines i was getting, which was nopt pretty. But the very worse part, the reason i will likely not purchase it again, is because it made my skin itch, alot! If it was not for the itching, i would probably buy this product again, or try another brand of it. The nice part about using it in hot weather, it did not smear or drop off, like some liquids do. Just the awful itching! I would like to know if this happens to others who use this product, or is it only me!?

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2008 8:02:00 AM More reviews by nancyrose1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not impressed. I have no facial lines and only a couple very fine lines around my eyes and until I used this product I didn't know I had pores. My skin is fairly even toned with just a little ruddiness; this went on well, and looked good initially but as the evening wore on my face felt a little itchy and a lot dry but it went downhill from there; by the time I got home, the little bit of natural oiliness in my skin mixed with this stuff and I had little white polka dots of mica in every one of my pores but the worst was they eye area, it was like someone took a white magic marker and drew thin little white lines around my eyes., as I said, I have very few shallow lines around my eye area, but this make up sure found what lines I do have and made itself right at home in them.

On the upside, the mineral veil is a good setting powder for my cream or liquid foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2008 8:14:00 AM More reviews by cookiemonster88

This stuff is awesome,I hate thick cakey foundation/powder more than anything.I always try to achieve the natural look,couple of sweeps with this stuff and perfecto au natural.Nice price to c",)**

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2008 6:15:00 PM More reviews by beckyanne2002

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received a 10 day free sample with a mini kabuki brush and I LOVE IT! It covers up the redness around my nose (I have fair skin) and the little dark spots I have on my face. It is sweat proof, which is great when going to the gym after work. There is really no need for touch ups during the day either. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I can't wait to buy the full size.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2008 11:53:00 PM More reviews by jbrassil

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person who did not like this product. I have always had extremely sensitive acne prone skin. After trying numerous foundations that didn't work with my skin type, I decided to try Bare Escentuals. It worked pretty well the first month and then it started to irritate my skin. Also, it didn't give my skin that healthy glow that it claims on the commercials. I was disappointed because I had spent a lot of money on it. I decided to take a break from the product for a few months and then go back to it. The same thing happened again after using it for a couple of weeks. I now use the Clinique mineral makeup compact and absolutely love it!