April 19, 2014 | 1916 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic: Clean Definition

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2009 3:52:00 AM More reviews by Lils88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this after seeing some Youtube videos where the makeup gurus used Líoreal Telescopic. For drugstore mascaras, Iíve only tried Maybelline so this is my first foray into Líoreal make up.

Unfortunately, this mascara does not work for me at all. It not only doesnít hold curls, I think it weighs it down so much that I see my lashes straighten after I put it on. It also clump on me. The good thing about this mascara (for me) is that it is not water-proof as I was looking for one for everyday use which does not require special removing procedures. In fact, one of its selling points is that the mascara though not-smudgeable can be removed by using warm water. This seems to be true as my lashes are clean after my shower. However, the formula seems a bit on the wet side as it took quite some time to dry up properly which is a bit of a hassle when one is in a rush. Iíd rather keep my lashes bare and curled instead of putting it on.

To give it some credit, I have just read that hard-to-curl lashes should not go for water-based mascara which this probably is, as such, people with naturally curled lashes might find it better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2009 9:42:00 AM More reviews by hoangrl

My friend is a pharmacist and is forever getting free goodies, makeup being one of them. She gave me this, and at first i didnt like the mascara. I was using maybelline (the green one and i like that one). Its very wet, but i gave it chance. All in all i think it does a pretty good job. Im asian and have curled lashes (im a lucky one) and they are kidna short. But putting this on they look really long, i dont think any other mascara has been able to make them look this long!! the dont look very thick, but then i am asian! Drying time, well a little bit longer than other mascaras cause it has a wetter consistency. Brush is a bit weird, but its good nice and skinny to get to those hard to reach places, like bottom lashes. overall good product :) give it a chance if its on special :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2009 2:23:00 PM More reviews by spruill

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this mascara. I used it for about a month then bought another kind. I use Maybelline's Lash Stilettos for my top and this mascara for the bottom. I like the small brushes better for the bottom lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2009 1:28:00 AM More reviews by xomeggiepoo

I love this mascara! It didn't clump or flake at all . It made my eyelashes appear so long and thick. I didn't think I would like this because of the brush because I haven't liked it for other mascara's but I totally love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by rosietse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

blech. This clumped horribly and did absolutely nothing for me.

edit: okay, so I admit that I judged quickly and tried this again. No clumping this time!!! I don't know what happened with my last tube - I bought it new at the same place I got this one. Oh well, I did remove one lippie because there is still flaking.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 10:01:00 AM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I found this mascara to be clumpy but somehow too wet at the same time. Other than that, I like the lengthening, and it doesn't smell weird like other mascaras do. I don't see how other people rave about this mascara. It's just a normal mascara to me, nothing special about it at all. Also, the wand is extremely flimsy and felt like it was going to break during application. Not fun.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by SiiLLYxMEE

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara gives a pretty look to your lashes. It NEVER clumps and it defines your lashes perfectly. (Not that much volume though) I find the brush really easy to handle IMO. It lengthens really well. It's pretty wet compared to most of my mascaras, so it'll take longer to dry. I don't think the price is all worth it. I bought it for.. somewhere around 8 dollars? Many drugstore mascaras top this and are cheaper. Nonetheless, I do love this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2009 11:13:00 AM More reviews by cutestuff

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this mascara!! I tend to be heavy handed with the mascara and this "clean" formula is not clumpy or heavy. The comb wand applicator makes applying it very easy and it makes my lashes look natural rather than spidery.

I also like all the other Telescopic formulas..but this one is the most natural for me!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Disapointed in this product does not perform like I thought it would

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2009 11:17:00 AM More reviews by schwarzkie

I've used this for about a week now.. and I don't like how it did almost nothing to my short asian lashes.. it only lengthens & thickens a bit, but with my kind of lashes, I definitely need more.. But I have to say I like the formula & brush.. The result looked very natural, non-clumpy, maybe suit those with already thick & rather long lashes