July 28, 2014 | 1120 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2009 3:10:00 PM More reviews by maddoc

I bought this recently, and I really like the texture and also the fact that it is matte and all that.

Unfortunately, the first time I saw my face in normal lighting with this shade on, I swear that I looked like a tanned oompah loompah.!! i was very orange + brown.. :( I dont know whether its me being paranoid or what, but I swear I spent such a long time buffing, and trying to make it look natural :(

I would not buy this again. I think I will continue sticking to my studio fix powder instead as the shade I have for that is slightly more forgiving, and it actually looks natural especially if buffed in well :(

its really unfortunate as I was very excited about using this based on such good reviews it has received so far :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 11:37:00 AM More reviews by MariellaFromBe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder comes in a compact with a transparent top and no mirror, and has a dome-shaped form, so it won't fit in a blush palette.

The color selection is good but not extremely large and I find there is quite a gap between some of the colors.
The finish is very pretty and has a light sheer, so it's mattifying but not flat matte and looks very good.
It lasts a bit less than the T.Leclerc on oily skin but you can also easily touch up. Also I think I finish it off a bit faster.
The powder is finely melt but it is a mineral powder, so I know some people are very sensitive to it and break out from that product.
Price is very reasonable for that very good quality: 22.

This is now the powder that I consider to be my HG; I had used T.Leclerc for years but I don't think the difference between both products justify the huge price gap, so Mac is now my first choice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 6:31:00 AM More reviews by shopaholic3286

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this product. It looks amazing on my skin, giving it a really nice finish. It doesn't look flat at all, it gives your base a really nice dimension to it. It wears really well, lasting all day on my skin. I wear it over studio tech foundation and my skin looks airbrushed. And you get quite a bit of product, so it's going to last me for quite some time!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by gezebel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really wanted to be on the mineralized foundation bandwagon, but unfortunately, mineral makeup keeps kicking me off..! my first experience was with BE, and that stuff gave me cystic acne along my jawline. so, i decided to try MAC's mineralized skinfinish natural. i used this everyday to work last week, and i broke out with milia (tiny white pimples like baby acne) all along my chin. i didn't wear any foundation at all over this past weekend, and my chin cleared up right away. today, i've gone back to my regular MAC studio fix powder which i've used for years and has never failed me. (and no milia!) i'm sad that my face doesn't like mineral makeup. *pouts* i gave the mineralized skinfinish 3 lippies, tho', because i really loved the color and sheer coverage it provided; it just didn't work for my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 2:12:00 PM More reviews by ahrako

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product, this is the best pressed powder I have used for my face. I'm a huge fan of mineral products, and this did not fail me at all. I definitely would not use this on its own for foundation subsitute, but this is the perfect setting agent for my mac face and body foundation. I use face and body in C4, and using this on top of it with either a flat top buffer brush or a powder brush sets my look perfectly and gives it a glowy/flawless look that lasts all day! I can see why MAC advertises this combination that I use as their HD look. I tried to set my liquid foundation with estee lauder translucent powder and while i didn't mind it, i much prefer the look that i get with using MSF. i love the packaging, and while it's a bit pricy ($25) I think it's more than worth it, and i can tell this will last me forever. I would definitely purchase this again and again and i hope they never discontinue it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 2:57:00 AM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Sadly, this did not work for me. =( When the SA found my color match and tested it on my face, it looked absolutely wonderful! I loved the coverage and the way it gave my skin a radiant, healthy glow. But when I went home, I started to notice my face getting itchy but didn't think much of it. That night, I went through my normal cleansing/toning/moisturizing ritual but the next morning, I had pimples! I had two HUGE red ones on my cheeck and a bunch of tiny annoying ones on my chin. I am 21 years old and haven't broken out like this since I was in high school. So I checked the ingredient list on the box and sure enough: TALC was the main ingredient. The last time I had a serious breakout like this was back in high school when I was using MAC Studio Fix, which also lists Talc as its main ingredient. (The only difference is that back then, I wasn't smart enough to discontinue use.) I was completely misled by this product as it is called "Mineralize Skinfinish Natural." I assumed this meant that it was only comprised of true minerals. When I went to Macy's to return it, the SA was shocked that it contained Talc and she even scrutinized the box to make sure. Apparently, she was also under the impression that this was a true mineral powder. Interestingly enough, I checked the ingredients on some of the other products from the MAC Mineralize line, and nearly all of them also contain Talc. Although my skin can handle this ingredient in eyeshadows and blush, any full-coverage product with Talc as the first ingredient makes my skin a little crazy. MAC will always be one of my favorite cosmetic brands, but I am baffled as to why they would falsely advertise mineral make up. I will never be able to tear myself (and my money) away from MAC lipsticks and eyeshadows. But when it comes to foundation and face powder, I will stick with my Mark Powderbuff Natural Skin Foundation and Coastal Scents Silk Cover Mineral Foundation.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 10:31:00 PM More reviews by ychung111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It makes me look like I'm not wearing makeup, that's how natural it looks. I think this may be due to its really sheer coverage, but it has a "natural matte finish" so it really does look natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2009 2:52:00 PM More reviews by verteterre

Very versatile! I use it with a buffer brush (everyday minerals) to set foundation and have it on me throughout the day to touch up or blot my oily t-zone. Applying this with or without fix plus over a tinted moisturizer and concealer gives me a radiant light coverage perfect for work without looking too made up. I don't recommend this product for those looking for heavy coverage. I only wish it came with a mirror!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2009 12:30:00 PM More reviews by mistyrob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Light coverage, nice finish...for about an hour after that it looks like an oil slick. When I use a napkin to blot most of the product comes off and I become splotchy. I also use Dark as a bronzer and that color becomes extreamly oxidized and super orange-y.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Gothoria

I got this product coz I needed 2 try somethin new other than my normal powder, so here is my review:
***Winning Points:
- as I have combination 2 oily skin, this product is amazing as it mattifies my skin & help reduce the oil.
- so pigmented and easy 2 apply.
- if used combined with MAC meniralized foundation will provide u the perfect velvety finish, no oil or shine at all.
- as it own, it can b used as a foundation f ur lookin for a ligh coverage.
***Hate it 4:
- Im an NC35 so I guess that I got a darker tone than I needed, & the same as most minereliazed products, it tends to get darker through out the day, so I end up 2 to 3 shades darker than my original skin tone.
- very light coverage.