MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

4.2

on 11/29/2009 1:04:00 AM

I purchased this over the weekend and it's an okay powder. When the SA at MAC put it on me it looked really nice so I was like what the heck and bought it. The next day I tried to put this over my foundation with a 187 and it turned so orange and I looked like an oompa loompa. I was so disapointed because I really wanted to like this product. I found that it was really orange because I had put too much on (I think) and if I just used a light layer then it looked great. So I guess I like this powder and the finish it gives, but I'm slightly annoyed that it goes orange so easily. Something that I'm really happy about is that it didn't break me out. I was skeptical about buying this because most MAC powders break me out, luckily this one didn't. (Normally if a product was one that breaks me out I would get lots of bumps within a few hours of wearing it). So that's something I'm happy about. (:

on 11/27/2009 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased this after seeing lots of MAC makeup collections and hauls on YouTube. I thought, "Hey, everyone has the several MSFs, so there must be something really great about this!" I went to the MAC counter and asked about the MSFs and she put the Medium Dark and the Light on me. Even though I am fair, she suggested the Medium Dark shade since I have rosacea and she said it seemed to tone down some of the red. I apply the stuff in the morning with a large fluffy brush, but it doesn't do anything at all for me. When I apply it with a powder puff to get more coverage, it's too dark. I am taking this back for a refund and I wouldn't purchase it again.

on 11/17/2009 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

AMAZING.....my skin looks freakin' flawless after using this.....I am a makeup junky.....this is my new favorite product!

on 11/16/2009 6:50:00 AM

I switched to this instead of using Mac Golden Bronzer, and I think the colour match is very good. You dont get the glittery kind of ness that you do with the bronzer, and the fact that I used my bronzer once a day and it lasted me only a month and a half piddled me off to the extreme (usually my clinique bronzer lasted me months!)- so am praying this will last longer! I love the difference with this product. You get a matte finish, and more of a softer look. I am very pleased with this product so far, and once my dollymix blush runs out (if it ever will) I will change to the mineralize one. The only downside is there is no mirror in the compact. I am so used to having mirrors in cases like this. Then when it comes to wanting to apply any make up in the day I am like 'OOOHH MAAAN!' and pray I don't draw lipstick up my face. Ok- it is not that hard to apply lipstick- but I still like having the choice of looking in the mirror! It does not look like it runs out as quick as the bronzer- and I am ever so pleased for the results!! BUY IT!!!! TRY IT!! xx

on 11/1/2009 3:10:00 PM

I bought this recently, and I really like the texture and also the fact that it is matte and all that.

Unfortunately, the first time I saw my face in normal lighting with this shade on, I swear that I looked like a tanned oompah loompah.!! i was very orange + brown.. :( I dont know whether its me being paranoid or what, but I swear I spent such a long time buffing, and trying to make it look natural :(

I would not buy this again. I think I will continue sticking to my studio fix powder instead as the shade I have for that is slightly more forgiving, and it actually looks natural especially if buffed in well :(

its really unfortunate as I was very excited about using this based on such good reviews it has received so far :(

This powder comes in a compact with a transparent top and no mirror, and has a dome-shaped form, so it won't fit in a blush palette.

The color selection is good but not extremely large and I find there is quite a gap between some of the colors.
The finish is very pretty and has a light sheer, so it's mattifying but not flat matte and looks very good.
It lasts a bit less than the T.Leclerc on oily skin but you can also easily touch up. Also I think I finish it off a bit faster.
The powder is finely melt but it is a mineral powder, so I know some people are very sensitive to it and break out from that product.
Price is very reasonable for that very good quality: 22.

This is now the powder that I consider to be my HG; I had used T.Leclerc for years but I don't think the difference between both products justify the huge price gap, so Mac is now my first choice.

I love this product. It looks amazing on my skin, giving it a really nice finish. It doesn't look flat at all, it gives your base a really nice dimension to it. It wears really well, lasting all day on my skin. I wear it over studio tech foundation and my skin looks airbrushed. And you get quite a bit of product, so it's going to last me for quite some time!

on 10/19/2009 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i really wanted to be on the mineralized foundation bandwagon, but unfortunately, mineral makeup keeps kicking me off..! my first experience was with BE, and that stuff gave me cystic acne along my jawline. so, i decided to try MAC's mineralized skinfinish natural. i used this everyday to work last week, and i broke out with milia (tiny white pimples like baby acne) all along my chin. i didn't wear any foundation at all over this past weekend, and my chin cleared up right away. today, i've gone back to my regular MAC studio fix powder which i've used for years and has never failed me. (and no milia!) i'm sad that my face doesn't like mineral makeup. *pouts* i gave the mineralized skinfinish 3 lippies, tho', because i really loved the color and sheer coverage it provided; it just didn't work for my face.

on 10/14/2009 2:12:00 PM

I LOVE this product, this is the best pressed powder I have used for my face. I'm a huge fan of mineral products, and this did not fail me at all. I definitely would not use this on its own for foundation subsitute, but this is the perfect setting agent for my mac face and body foundation. I use face and body in C4, and using this on top of it with either a flat top buffer brush or a powder brush sets my look perfectly and gives it a glowy/flawless look that lasts all day! I can see why MAC advertises this combination that I use as their HD look. I tried to set my liquid foundation with estee lauder translucent powder and while i didn't mind it, i much prefer the look that i get with using MSF. i love the packaging, and while it's a bit pricy ($25) I think it's more than worth it, and i can tell this will last me forever. I would definitely purchase this again and again and i hope they never discontinue it!

on 10/7/2009 2:57:00 AM

Sadly, this did not work for me. =( When the SA found my color match and tested it on my face, it looked absolutely wonderful! I loved the coverage and the way it gave my skin a radiant, healthy glow. But when I went home, I started to notice my face getting itchy but didn't think much of it. That night, I went through my normal cleansing/toning/moisturizing ritual but the next morning, I had pimples! I had two HUGE red ones on my cheeck and a bunch of tiny annoying ones on my chin. I am 21 years old and haven't broken out like this since I was in high school. So I checked the ingredient list on the box and sure enough: TALC was the main ingredient. The last time I had a serious breakout like this was back in high school when I was using MAC Studio Fix, which also lists Talc as its main ingredient. (The only difference is that back then, I wasn't smart enough to discontinue use.) I was completely misled by this product as it is called "Mineralize Skinfinish Natural." I assumed this meant that it was only comprised of true minerals. When I went to Macy's to return it, the SA was shocked that it contained Talc and she even scrutinized the box to make sure. Apparently, she was also under the impression that this was a true mineral powder. Interestingly enough, I checked the ingredients on some of the other products from the MAC Mineralize line, and nearly all of them also contain Talc. Although my skin can handle this ingredient in eyeshadows and blush, any full-coverage product with Talc as the first ingredient makes my skin a little crazy. MAC will always be one of my favorite cosmetic brands, but I am baffled as to why they would falsely advertise mineral make up. I will never be able to tear myself (and my money) away from MAC lipsticks and eyeshadows. But when it comes to foundation and face powder, I will stick with my Mark Powderbuff Natural Skin Foundation and Coastal Scents Silk Cover Mineral Foundation.

Recommended for Normal Skin