November 22, 2014 | 1470 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by ND88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After much deliberation & research on what to buy/use as a primer. I opted for this. £21 for 30ml. Yes it is pricey, but all primers are nowadays really.

When I think spf as high as 50 usually I think thick n gloopy texture and this is NOTHING like that. It is light, easy to blend and best of all, keeps my Mac mineralize cream foundation on for HOURS and HOURS even in the heat, even on a night out clubbing!!

anddd added bonus is u can 'back 2 mac' this once finished with it! :)

ONLY slight downside is that due to the hard-ish plastic casing, its hard to squeeze out the product when you're at the very end of the tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by crumpet71

The high price is about the only drawback to this otherwise great product. It is summertime and I never leave the house with less than an spf 50 on my face. I tend to work out during the day, and just yesterday it was 90 degrees and I had an intense 50 minute workout that left me sweating like a pig. Come 5pm I realize I've never even had to touch up my face once during the day, not even to use oil blotting sheets. I have normal skin w/ a tendency toward a shiny Tzone, especially in the humid, hot weather. Not only does this offer sun protection, it really makes my poweder foundation stay flawless no matter what activities I do and it does not break me out. Actually, the bottle is only a 1oz, but it sems to last a pretty good while.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by nishax3

Just the mains: Love this product but way too expensive for the amount it comes with. I dont like the packaging because its hard to squeeze out since the bottle or w/e you want to call it is hard. But I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE THIS product ! It helps my make up last all day truly. & SPF 50? who doesnt want that?

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2011 10:29:00 AM More reviews by raeni20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

EDIT 9/9/12:
They changed the formula UGH!!!! It's so greasy now and has a sunscreen smell that others have mentioned. My face is oily within an hour, and the old formula kept it dry all day. New formula also makes me break out. So freaking pissed at this.

I'm one of the lucky people that this worked for and that NEVER happens!!! I put it on after my moisturizer in the morning and it literally does control the oil on my face throughout the day! I have combo skin and it doesn't get rid of all the oil, but it definitely cuts it back by a lot, so much that I don't have to blot. The cream itself feels heavy at first but once it dries, it's like it's not even there. This is the only SPF I've been able to wear that doesn't break me out, and I break out at the drop of a hat. I've also noticed that it makes my Sheer Glow wear longer and more even and it also stays more vibrant throughout the day. Even out in the Florida heat, this still controls my oil. I will buy this again and again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The primer is very creamy, it feels like a thick moisturiser and it's very easy to spread and apply. It doesn't dry to a completely matte finish though which is something I need. I find that it doesn't have the amazing oil control that a lot of people rave about but then again my skin is very oily.

The smell is disgusting, I have to hold my breath every time I use it.

The tube it comes in is a little hard to squeeze which is annoying but it looks nice.

It's very expensive for the amount of product. I think this would last a very long time though. I won't repurchase because I have found an ss with much better oil control for almost half the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Jaded11885

As an employee for the company, I use this on almost all of my makeup appointments. It is meant to go ON TOP OF MOISTURIZER. It does not eliminate oil and it never claimed to. It simply helps control sebum throughout the day. Using your fingers does not help this issue either. People with oily skin should stick to using brushes and sponges.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by MakennaRuddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I find it has a nice sheer look to it, but not much, it's light and it makes my skin very soft, and I love the fact that it is SPF 50, I would much rather wear this outside rather than a sunscreen just because I have sensitive oily skin and I find this product works well with my skin. I find my makeup just glides on to my skin after I apply this and makes it so much easier to apply, stay on, and take off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by agibeault

ADORE. Love this high spf sunscreen, as I can use a smaller amount and still get a pretty good spf out of it. I'm not sure how others have a white cast with this because I do not at all. It also does not irritate my eczema as many sunscreens do. It can be a little drying around the eye area so I use a pure mineral (clinique city block) around that area, but this stuff is AMAZING for keeping my face matte, especially my trouble spot - nose. The only thing I hate about this product is the price tag and miniscule amount you get in the package. This is extremely over priced for a MAC product, but unfortunately this type of high spf/matte/no white cast product is hard to find, so I will fork it over. At least there is back 2 mac!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by smplyro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall its a good product. I put this on before my moisturizer and it does keep the oil down a bit even though i still do have to blot. I wouldnt buy this again because i paid $30 for one ounce! And the packaging could be MUCH better. To scoop out all the product i have to cut it open because the packaging is so stiff.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by jenryan82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been wearing this product for about 3 months now. It was recommended to me by a bunch of ladies with combination to oily skin to help my makeup last.

So far I think it is works well. No white cast on my face and no makeup meltdowns. Plus, the spf is definitely working because I haven't needed to buy a darker foundation shade for summer.

ETA March 2013: MAC changed the formula since my review.

I can no longer wear this primer. It's an absolute mess.