MAC Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

3.8

NEW Formula August 2012: Estimted PPD: 6.2 Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 5%, Octisalate 5%, Oxybenzone 3%. Water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Methyl Trimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Polyester-8, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui) Seed Oil, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, PEG-100 Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Dipentaerythrityl Tri-polyhydroxystearate, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Scutellaria Biacalensis Root Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Yeast Extract, Whey Protein, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Caffeine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Acetyl Glucosamine, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, C30-38 Olefin/Isopropyl Malate/MA Copolymer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica ORIGINAL Formula: Estimated PPD ~ 9.1 Active ingredients: Zinc Oxide 16.10%, Octinoxate 7.50% Water\Aqua\Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, PEG-7 Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Methyl Gluceth-10, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caffeine, Tocopherol, Sucrose, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Cellulose Acetate, Methicone, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Silica, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin

on 7/11/2011 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is the best primer I have ever used for my oily skin. Normally, in a couple of hours, my entire face is oily. But with this primer, which was recommended to me by a MAC MUA, my face stays il free for at least 6 hours. I mostly have to blot once a day which is a great improvement from 3-5 times a day. I also use this as a moisturizer when I'm not wearing makeup sometimes. Will never use anything else.

on 7/4/2011 1:56:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Let me start off by saying that every face sun screen/primer with spf I've ever used made me greasy and gross. I don't even have oily skin to begin with! My skin is literally translucent so I need some heavy spf in my life.

I bought this praying it would be a godsend, and it lived up to all my expectations. It is light and goes on smooth and dries absolutely clear. It helps my makeup last longer and it doesn't make my mascara smudge. Perfect for the summer months!

My only gripe is that it makes my under eye concealer crease really bad. But I just avoid applying it there, as my concealer already has an spf.
The price is pretty up there, but it works, so its worth every penny.

on 7/1/2011 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After much deliberation & research on what to buy/use as a primer. I opted for this. £21 for 30ml. Yes it is pricey, but all primers are nowadays really.

When I think spf as high as 50 usually I think thick n gloopy texture and this is NOTHING like that. It is light, easy to blend and best of all, keeps my Mac mineralize cream foundation on for HOURS and HOURS even in the heat, even on a night out clubbing!!

anddd added bonus is u can 'back 2 mac' this once finished with it! :)

ONLY slight downside is that due to the hard-ish plastic casing, its hard to squeeze out the product when you're at the very end of the tube.

on 6/30/2011 1:59:00 PM

The high price is about the only drawback to this otherwise great product. It is summertime and I never leave the house with less than an spf 50 on my face. I tend to work out during the day, and just yesterday it was 90 degrees and I had an intense 50 minute workout that left me sweating like a pig. Come 5pm I realize I've never even had to touch up my face once during the day, not even to use oil blotting sheets. I have normal skin w/ a tendency toward a shiny Tzone, especially in the humid, hot weather. Not only does this offer sun protection, it really makes my poweder foundation stay flawless no matter what activities I do and it does not break me out. Actually, the bottle is only a 1oz, but it sems to last a pretty good while.

on 6/28/2011 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Just the mains: Love this product but way too expensive for the amount it comes with. I dont like the packaging because its hard to squeeze out since the bottle or w/e you want to call it is hard. But I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE THIS product ! It helps my make up last all day truly. & SPF 50? who doesnt want that?

on 6/27/2011 10:29:00 AM

EDIT 9/9/12:
They changed the formula UGH!!!! It's so greasy now and has a sunscreen smell that others have mentioned. My face is oily within an hour, and the old formula kept it dry all day. New formula also makes me break out. So freaking pissed at this.

I'm one of the lucky people that this worked for and that NEVER happens!!! I put it on after my moisturizer in the morning and it literally does control the oil on my face throughout the day! I have combo skin and it doesn't get rid of all the oil, but it definitely cuts it back by a lot, so much that I don't have to blot. The cream itself feels heavy at first but once it dries, it's like it's not even there. This is the only SPF I've been able to wear that doesn't break me out, and I break out at the drop of a hat. I've also noticed that it makes my Sheer Glow wear longer and more even and it also stays more vibrant throughout the day. Even out in the Florida heat, this still controls my oil. I will buy this again and again!

on 6/22/2011 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

The primer is very creamy, it feels like a thick moisturiser and it's very easy to spread and apply. It doesn't dry to a completely matte finish though which is something I need. I find that it doesn't have the amazing oil control that a lot of people rave about but then again my skin is very oily.

The smell is disgusting, I have to hold my breath every time I use it.

The tube it comes in is a little hard to squeeze which is annoying but it looks nice.

It's very expensive for the amount of product. I think this would last a very long time though. I won't repurchase because I have found an ss with much better oil control for almost half the price!

on 6/22/2011 1:47:00 PM

As an employee for the company, I use this on almost all of my makeup appointments. It is meant to go ON TOP OF MOISTURIZER. It does not eliminate oil and it never claimed to. It simply helps control sebum throughout the day. Using your fingers does not help this issue either. People with oily skin should stick to using brushes and sponges.

on 6/17/2011 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this product! I find it has a nice sheer look to it, but not much, it's light and it makes my skin very soft, and I love the fact that it is SPF 50, I would much rather wear this outside rather than a sunscreen just because I have sensitive oily skin and I find this product works well with my skin. I find my makeup just glides on to my skin after I apply this and makes it so much easier to apply, stay on, and take off.

on 6/16/2011 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

ADORE. Love this high spf sunscreen, as I can use a smaller amount and still get a pretty good spf out of it. I'm not sure how others have a white cast with this because I do not at all. It also does not irritate my eczema as many sunscreens do. It can be a little drying around the eye area so I use a pure mineral (clinique city block) around that area, but this stuff is AMAZING for keeping my face matte, especially my trouble spot - nose. The only thing I hate about this product is the price tag and miniscule amount you get in the package. This is extremely over priced for a MAC product, but unfortunately this type of high spf/matte/no white cast product is hard to find, so I will fork it over. At least there is back 2 mac!

Popular Primer/ Correctors