April 21, 2014 | 1196 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by agibeault

ADORE. Love this high spf sunscreen, as I can use a smaller amount and still get a pretty good spf out of it. I'm not sure how others have a white cast with this because I do not at all. It also does not irritate my eczema as many sunscreens do. It can be a little drying around the eye area so I use a pure mineral (clinique city block) around that area, but this stuff is AMAZING for keeping my face matte, especially my trouble spot - nose. The only thing I hate about this product is the price tag and miniscule amount you get in the package. This is extremely over priced for a MAC product, but unfortunately this type of high spf/matte/no white cast product is hard to find, so I will fork it over. At least there is back 2 mac!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by smplyro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall its a good product. I put this on before my moisturizer and it does keep the oil down a bit even though i still do have to blot. I wouldnt buy this again because i paid $30 for one ounce! And the packaging could be MUCH better. To scoop out all the product i have to cut it open because the packaging is so stiff.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by jenryan82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been wearing this product for about 3 months now. It was recommended to me by a bunch of ladies with combination to oily skin to help my makeup last.

So far I think it is works well. No white cast on my face and no makeup meltdowns. Plus, the spf is definitely working because I haven't needed to buy a darker foundation shade for summer.

ETA March 2013: MAC changed the formula since my review.

I can no longer wear this primer. It's an absolute mess.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by rea1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't use it every day so I can't say if it breaks me out yet. However, it is quite greasy, and it has a pasty feeling because of the SPF. Also, it gives the face a white look. It is more of sunscreen than a primer. I still think it accomplishes its purpose on hot and sunny summer days.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by lyo62

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this primer. It's gives me a f
Awless finish under my Mac studio fix. Do not recommend wearing this at night while trying to take photos under flash

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by realpeak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

My sensitive skin reacts badly to most primers but this one is fine. It controls my oily t-zone really well and helps keep my makeup in place all day long. The added SPF 50 is a bonus but I use a seperate broadscreen protection SS underneath anyway. It's not heavy or sticky on my skin and doesn't have much of a silicone feel like most primers do (I personally hate over-siliconey primers as it clogs my pores really badly)...downsides are the packaging and the price for the small amount of product you get.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 4:07:00 AM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Wonderful primer, one of the few I've found with an SPF that didn't go on incredibly thick or give my tanned skin a ghostly appearance, though it is a little bit thicker than I like in a primer. Also has the unexpected added benefit of being great at oil control, much more than MAC's oil control lotion on its own. 5-lippy worthy, but I had to remove one due to the horrendous packaging. As many others have mentioned it's a hard plastic that isn't conducive to getting the last bit of the product out, you have to cut it open. If it weren't for that, this would be an absolutely perfect primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Krissee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a really nice primer and the spf 50 makes it even more worth it. I actually bought it more for the spf rather than the primer but the primer is really good too. I put it over my clinique moisturizer since the moisturizer doesnt have spf. it makes my make up go on very smooth with a nice finish

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by missburlington

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried many a primer but nothing comes close to Prep and Prime Face Protect. This is the only primer that seems to be able to keep my shiny t-zone in check. I tested this with a long bike ride through the city on a hot summer's day. When I got home I was tired and sweaty, but my make-up looked just as good as when I left home. It's closer to a sunscreen than a primer in texture. It applies easily and provides an excellent base for make-up. One of the best things about this product is that it is a physical sunblock, not a chemical sunscreen. The main active ingredient is titanium dioxide, which provides stable, long-lasting and safer sun protection. The downside to titanium dioxide is that is can give skin a whitish cast. I'm quite pale so I don't notice it on my skin, but if you're darker-skinned I recommend getting a sample to see how it looks. The reason it only gets 4/5 instead of a perfect score is because of the price and the packaging. It's very expensive for a small amount of product. It comes in this awful tube packaging which makes it hard to squeeze all of the product out. I solved that problem by cutting off the top to get to the last few bits and there was still a lot left. Despite its flaws, this is still the best primer product that I've found, and I will continue to repurchase it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by g60girl

This is my go to product in the spring/summer months when I need extra SPF protection! I am probably not using it correctly since its technically a primer.. but I use it as my primer/moisturizer/sunscreen all in one. It moisturizes and primes enough that my makeup goes on niec and smooth. I am going camping this weekend and this is all I am taking with me for my face besides my Olay wipes. I love quick/easy/multi use products!!! It is pricey though. And I would most certainly change the packaging. Its cute but NOT practical. The rounded top mean it can't sit upright on your counter.. and the "tube" is like hard plastic instead of something you can really squeeze. Once I get down to the end I am sure I will cut the tube open to get out the rest of the product. Overall I love this in the summer and I will be repurchasing.