July 30, 2014 | 1582 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by ppbcup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser has a gel like consistency whereas I prefer a cream like texture for facial cleansers. The positives: price is reasonable for what you get, if you need a subtle daily exfoliator it is gentle and have a light consistency. Negatives for me: I like cream cleansers so the texture was off, tiny beads so I felt like I needed to use a lot to really get a good scrub. All in all it was okay but I will continue my search for a great daily exfoliating cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Hyperduckz3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Best exfoliating wash out there! I love this stuff! It's not too harsh & not too gentle, perfectly in between. It has made such a positive improvement in my skin :). My only complaint is the packaging for the standard size bottle. It sucks! It always gets clogged, and once you unclog it, it squirts product all over the place (what a waste!). My suggestion is to buy the jumbo siz that comes with a pump. Not only is it better packaging, it's also a better deal money wise. Love this stuff, def. worth trying!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Ginger30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this Philosphy cleaner. Love it! I use it in the morning a few times a week because it is grainy/scrubby. Although you can use it every day and not scrub away your skin. I absolutely hated the Purity cleaner (made me break out badly) but finally Philosophy has come through for me with their Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash cleanser. I have read that the earth clay ingredient used in this product is really good for skin health.
I have become a fan of Philosophy all over again.
Philosophy.com has 20% sales from time to time so I like to buy their products when they go on sale. This wash is regular price of $25 for 8 oz.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by steffoinnh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best facial exfoliator out there!! The granules are very small and do not irritate my skin. I use this everyday in the shower and it really helps keep my skin healthy. Exfoliating daily is a must for oily, acne-prone skin and this is one of the only products that makes that possible.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Ophelia4469

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily-acne prone skin. I tend to break out when it is that time of the month and when I am stressed out and when I am not taking care of my face. When used right my skin does not break out often and is soft and smooth.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!! It does it's job and I love having a exfoliating wash every morning! It makes my skin clearer, smoother, and just great! I use it in combination of the Advanced Makeup Optional kit. I'll give in an update in a week as I'm just back to taking care of myself the way I should be.

I use the following products:

AM:

Help Me
Hope In a Jar
Make Up:

Murad Hybrids™ Skin Perfecting Primer Matte Finish
Mat Velvet (Make Up Forever)
HD powder (Make Up Forever)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using Real Purity for years and I added this to my skin care regimen about a year ago and I really like it. I keep a bottle in the shower and use it every morning rather than evening as it is a cleanser and exfoliator but not really a makeup remover. It is very gentle and "wakes up" my skin before applying moisturizer and makeup and gives me a nice, smooth surface to work with. The product density is good, so a quarter sized amount in my palm is enough to do my face as well as my chest and shoulders - they need good skincare, too!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2010 9:37:00 AM More reviews by katiexkaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this, I use it every morning with my Clarisonic after washing with purity and it helps clear up blemishes and creates a nice smooth surface for applying make-up. It has helped a TON with black heads too and has helped me control my oily zones. My only complaint is that for some reason the pump doesn't work any longer. I buy the HUGE SUPERSIZED versions of this and purity.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2010 4:15:00 AM More reviews by Zedar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is ideal for daily use on my skin. Until I found this product, I used microdermabrasion products daily. I think this is better!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by soiia

I love this product! It exfoliates, but it gentle enough to be used everyday. I've notice a lot less whiteheads forming around my nose and I've been using it for a week and a half only. I don't know if on the long run, it will help me get rid of some blackheads, but for now, it doesn't make my skin all dry and flaky.

I like the fact that it isn't drying like more exfoliant. Usually, after I've dried my face, exfoliants will make my skin feel all tight and dry, but not this one. I use this with my cetaphil lotion and it works great for now :)

Even though it's a bit pricey (I bought the small format), I feel like it can last quite a while because you don't need that much product (it doesn't foam much) to make your skin feel squiky clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by japringle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for 4 months. I really like it. The granuales are not too rough, they are just right IMO. I use this for 3 nights and they I use the purity creamy cleanser for the other 4 nights. I really love philosphy products. I am always looking for something better but I am starting to break this habit and stick with what works best.

I have nevery broke out from this product. I will say that I have normal/dry skin. I don't have acne prone skin.