October 20, 2014 | 750 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by cassidyjean117

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this and looked forward to getting this in the mail from Sephora. Unfortunately it did not work for me. I did like the texture and it seemed to exfoliate, but after a few days of usage my skin was very dry, flaky and irritated. I had to return it :-/ I'm so bummed!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by ifoundlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really expensive for a exfoliator! But I still love it, its gentle and rough at the same time, it has little bead things in it that work as a great exfoliator to wash away all the dead skin cells! I bought the huge bottle, but it didn't come with a pump, I hate that little top :( I'll be using this for a while & maybe when it runs out ill be on the search for one with a pump.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love both this gentle exfoliating wash and the Purity cleanser. I like to use Purity at night because it removes my makeup very well, and I like using this in the morning. The very tiny little beads really 'wake you up'. It is a very gentle scrub and sometimes I even use it both morning and night. I like the way it feels on my face. It has that slight scrubby texture that makes me think it's really exfoliating all the dry skin away. and yet, it is still gentle and refreshing. I'm not sure if it gets rid of my blackheads or anything, but I do like it a lot, and I feel like it really helps me clean my face. I also use this with the Clarisonic, and it works very well together. It is very pricey, and sometimes the cap does get a bit clogged, as others have mentioned, and you end up squirting a lot of it out. I will continue to use this and Purity, until I find something better and cheaper :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is not an effective cleanser nor is this an effective scrub. 2 in 1 products usually have so-so efficacy and this is no different. The concentration of scrub particles is very low but also they scratch very badly and are painful. I would not recommend this under any circumstance, get a proper cleanser and a proper scrub.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by ppbcup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser has a gel like consistency whereas I prefer a cream like texture for facial cleansers. The positives: price is reasonable for what you get, if you need a subtle daily exfoliator it is gentle and have a light consistency. Negatives for me: I like cream cleansers so the texture was off, tiny beads so I felt like I needed to use a lot to really get a good scrub. All in all it was okay but I will continue my search for a great daily exfoliating cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Hyperduckz3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Best exfoliating wash out there! I love this stuff! It's not too harsh & not too gentle, perfectly in between. It has made such a positive improvement in my skin :). My only complaint is the packaging for the standard size bottle. It sucks! It always gets clogged, and once you unclog it, it squirts product all over the place (what a waste!). My suggestion is to buy the jumbo siz that comes with a pump. Not only is it better packaging, it's also a better deal money wise. Love this stuff, def. worth trying!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Ginger30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this Philosphy cleaner. Love it! I use it in the morning a few times a week because it is grainy/scrubby. Although you can use it every day and not scrub away your skin. I absolutely hated the Purity cleaner (made me break out badly) but finally Philosophy has come through for me with their Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash cleanser. I have read that the earth clay ingredient used in this product is really good for skin health.
I have become a fan of Philosophy all over again.
Philosophy.com has 20% sales from time to time so I like to buy their products when they go on sale. This wash is regular price of $25 for 8 oz.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by steffoinnh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best facial exfoliator out there!! The granules are very small and do not irritate my skin. I use this everyday in the shower and it really helps keep my skin healthy. Exfoliating daily is a must for oily, acne-prone skin and this is one of the only products that makes that possible.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Ophelia4469

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily-acne prone skin. I tend to break out when it is that time of the month and when I am stressed out and when I am not taking care of my face. When used right my skin does not break out often and is soft and smooth.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!! It does it's job and I love having a exfoliating wash every morning! It makes my skin clearer, smoother, and just great! I use it in combination of the Advanced Makeup Optional kit. I'll give in an update in a week as I'm just back to taking care of myself the way I should be.

I use the following products:

AM:

Help Me
Hope In a Jar
Make Up:

Murad Hybrids™ Skin Perfecting Primer Matte Finish
Mat Velvet (Make Up Forever)
HD powder (Make Up Forever)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using Real Purity for years and I added this to my skin care regimen about a year ago and I really like it. I keep a bottle in the shower and use it every morning rather than evening as it is a cleanser and exfoliator but not really a makeup remover. It is very gentle and "wakes up" my skin before applying moisturizer and makeup and gives me a nice, smooth surface to work with. The product density is good, so a quarter sized amount in my palm is enough to do my face as well as my chest and shoulders - they need good skincare, too!