April 16, 2014 | 1405 users online

Concealers - Physicians Formula - Conceal RX

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Kellykins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hello worst concealer I've ever used! -__-" I bought it due to all the good reviews I read from it, but I guess my skin just didn't like it. When I put it on, it becomes dry in like a matter of seconds. NOT BLENDABLE AT ALL. I tried blending it, and just results to making it look non-natural and just yuck. I hate how I wasted about 9 dollars for a product that is just blaah. Don't buy this. I repeat, DON'T BUY THIS.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I was searching for a new concealer when I came across the physicians formula website and saw this concealer. I wanted to try it because I have acne(whch hopefully will clear up from the creams my derm. gave me) and scars on my face. Normally I would buy concealers that would be okay, but I couldn't be impressed. This concealer is the worst thing I've ever used! On the package it says it lasts up to 12 hours with a natural smooth finish and it's such BS! It's very very very cakey and by an hour after putting it on I have to put some more on. The finish is no where near natural, it's completely obvious your wearing makeup. Do not buy this concealer!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by liveitup

Let me start out by saying that I've never had a concealer that blurs out my pores - and keeps them blurred/hidden all day... until this product! The coverage of this thing is awesome. It's very thick and creamy; the smallest, tiniest amount is enough to cover all the blemishes on my chin. I got this in the lightest color (Fair Light) and the shade is just perfect. It is one shade lighter than my skin tone, but I can still use it after applying foundation knowing that it'll blend in well without any lighter patches on my face. I find it a bit too heavy for my under eye area, though, but I don't mind since dark circles are the least of my worries. This product is probably the closest dupe I've found to the Amazing Cosmetics concealer. I don't know about you, but I'd rather pay $8 than $30+ for a concealer that works just as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 7:06:00 AM More reviews by alishavwalker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for about 6-7 years and I highly doubt I will ever stop! There are a few things about it that I don't love, but the pros definitely outweigh the cons.

I use concealer to hide my dark under eye circles. I've never really had a big problem with acne, but it does a good job of concealing little pimples, too. The product is nice and thick, which is great if you're hiding under eye circles, birthmarks or scars because you don't have to put on layers of it (like with most concealers I've tried in the past). I also love how long it lasts. 1 tube usually lasts me about 4 months if I'm using it everyday (I keep an extra at my office and in my car just in case!). I also love that I don't need to seal it with a powder if I'm on the run. Most of the time I get all-day coverage unless it's hotttt (I live in the south), but I usually need to do touch up if I am going out at night.

The few things I don't love aren't a big deal to me. It dries up quickly. So, you need to be ready to blend when you put it on your face. If you leave the cap off one day, you may have a hard time getting the product out of the tube the next. The other problem with the thickness is that if you need it to spread a little thinner (like to cover a bruise or a burn...I sound really clumsy) this product doesn't do the trick. I may try mixing it with a liquid foundation next time I need it a little thinner.

Overall, a fantastic product. It's usually only about $6 a tube. CVS often puts their physician's formula on BOGO or BOGO1/2, which is fantastic. It doesn't dry out in the tube EVER...I once found a tube that had to be at least 2 years old and the product was still the same consistency.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by dreamxsoul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a good coverage concealer from the drugstore and decided to do some research. I found reviews for this concealer in the MUA top picks and decided to try it out. I have horrible dark circles that never goes away. This concealer has great coverage, but it dries up so fast that I don't even have the chance to blend it! So before I use it everyday, I make sure to use a very moisturizing eye cream under my eyes, and it worked for me. Only four stars because of the limited color selection. For reference, i am nc 30-35, and the color in natural light (which is the darkest shade they have) is pretty light on my skin, so i have to apply a darker foundation over it so that it doesn't look weird.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by bartley7

Amazing amazing amazing concealer. Conceals my undereye circles like a dream, and I am both German and Irish and have TERRIBLE undereye circles that extend to at least half-way down my nose. I would suggest using this UNDER powder or foundation, then using a very little bit over if really necessary. Great pigment. Lasts all day. A little really does go a long way on blemishes/scars and under the eyes. I have such bad acne scarring and post-acne red marks and this conceals them ALL. I only wear liquid foundation now for special occasions because I broke out so bad thanks to Revlon's Colorstay and when I pair this with my physicians formula healthy wear powder foundation it gives me such a beautiful, healthy, and natural look - sometimes even I don't think I'm wearing makeup. I am tremendously impressed with this, and it will last you a long time. You are really getting what you pay for, and look for sales at rite-aid or any other drugstore - I got mine for free when I bought a PF powder.

The only huge downside with this, along with every other PF product, is that they don't have a full range of shades. I hope one day they fix this because PF should be available to any one of any skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

i got this in the yellow and it covers well and looks nice under my foundation. its not too thick and isnt cakey either

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Tibbitts

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this concealer - I've been using it for a few years now, switched from Estee Lauder Double Wear & frankly this covers much better. I used to have horrible acne & I have scarring & dark spots that are completely covered with this concealer!

The only thing I don't like is that you really have to wear foundation because it doesn't blend into bare skin very well. In the bathroom mirror, it seems like a good match, but then when you get into natural sunlight it looks splotchy. Maybe with a tinted moisturizer it would blend, never tried that...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2010 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Andley

Knockoff of Amazing concealer... This is an excellent drugstore concealer. You will only need a tiny pin-head sized amount, so the tube will last forever. It can be drying in the winter months, but a good moisturizer will take care of that. I use it undereye, and sometimes a dab on my face if I don't feel like wearing makeup. It blends right in and looks very natural- you can't even see it on my face. I use fair-light and it's a perfect match for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by hellomelia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading some reviews on here, I went out and bought a tube of this at my local Fred Meyers for like $8. I agree with everyone else, the color selection is very limited. My skin is pretty fair with pink undertones and I have hereditary under-eye circles that are EXTREMELY purple and noticeable. People always ask me if I'm tired because they make me look beat up.
I bought this in Natural light and it blends in w/o looking clown-ish. I have to say it is a fabulous concealer. At first, it was a little too dry when I applied it alone but I realized it takes a good eye cream or moisturizer underneath for it to work well. It covers over areas really well too. I have a red pimple on my chin and this covered it without looking cakey. The only con that I found about it was the packaging. The product got all over the lid after the first time I opened it and it got pretty messy. Overall, I will re-purchase if it continues to do the work.