September 1, 2014 | 1012 users online

Concealers - Physicians Formula - Conceal RX

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by aquajoyy

I was so excited to try this product out. I had no doubt that I would love it based on all of the great reviews here. However, this just did not work for me. First of all, the color selection is terrible. I chose natural light, and it was so white on me even though I wouldn't consider myself to be tan at all! I found it to be very drying and chalky. As for the coverage, I found it to not be so great at covering my blemishes. I have combination skin, but mostly oily in the summer. I really wish that this concealer worked for me. :/

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- great coverage
- little goes a long way

CONS

- dries quickly
- very thick

COMMENTS: This is so damn thick, so you have to work fast because it also dries quickly. However, I don't use this as a concealer as I find it too dry. This works wonders as an eye shadow primer, though - lasts all day and no creasing.

WILL REPURCHASE.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by neddykapoozle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh my lord. This concealer is *wonderful* for my perpetual under eye circles (oh the joys of being a student).

I love that it's in a tube and I can just squeeze out a tiny bit, more hygienic than a pot or a doe foot applicator. I warm it with my fingers and blend it under my eyes. Set with a little translucent mineral powder and you're good to go. This lasted 12 hours in 85 degree humid weather with sporadic showers. I use it in the lightest shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGirlx33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

full coverage
little bit goes a long way
creamy and easy to blend

limitied selection of shades

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Mimsy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Physicians Formula Conceal Rx concealer is available in four shades: Soft Yellow, Soft Green, Fair Light, and Natural Light. I wasn't really looking for a color corrector, so I was torn between Fair Light and Natural Light in the store. Both tubes appeared to be about the same color depth but Fair Light had a slightly more pink undertone whereas Natural Light had more of a peachy/yellow undertone. I have more yellowish skin so I ended up picking Natural Light.

I hate when concealers and foundations come in colored or frosted containers that distort or don't resemble the true color of the product inside. With the Conceal Rx, the color of the cream that comes out of the tube is exactly the same color as the packaging, so no surprises there. The color match to my skin was pretty good. It's been awhile since I used MAC but I was matched to NC 20 and the Conceal Rx matches me pretty well once I blend it fully into my skin.

The consistency is on the thick, dry side. With other concealers I have the luxury of time; I usually dot some concealer on all the areas I need first, then blend it in. With the Physicians Formula concealer, I can't do that because it dries so fast. This is a concealer that requires you to work as quickly as you can as soon as you apply it.

The concealer is very pigmented and provides full coverage; I only need a very tiny amount (a pin sized drop for blemishes, and maybe 3 drops for my undereye). I have some hyperpigmentation, dark circles and old acne scars and it covers them completely. However, and this is a big however, I would not recommend it for anyone with dry skin. I have a dry skin type, as well as some very fine lines and "chicken skin" (uneven areas that resemble chicken skin) in my undereye area and this concealer accentuates all of that, even on well moisturized skin. I think my bare skin has actually been normalizing and looking pretty good lately. To the naked eye and even by touch, I don't detect any flakes or dry areas but I find that the Conceal Rx magnifies every minuscule dry patch I didn't even know I had. Physicians Formula says that this concealer is semi-matte. I beg to differ. On my dry skin, this looks totally matte. It's not necessarily heavy/cakey but it makes dry skin look even drier in that bad, overly powdered look. I also noticed the concealer settling into my fine lines.

Regular price for the Conceal Rx at CVS is $8.99 which is a rip off because on the Physicians Formula website they clearly price it as $7.95. In general, I've noticed that CVS charges more for Physicians Formula products compared to Rite Aid and other drugstores. I purchased the Conceal Rx concealer during CVS's Physicians Formula 40% off sale which is good but, sadly, I think I'll be taking it back. The coverage is awesome but I'm not happy with the finish on my skin.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by FeliciaK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am actually really liking this concealer. I have this in soft yellow. It comes in a tube, but isn't a liquid consistency, but thicker. Like if a concealer in a pot was put into a tube. I really like the squeeze tube. Isn't the MOST blendable because of its thicker formula, but it is still blendable. (I use my fingers which I think works best.) This product actually has very good coverage on my dark circles, which aren't really bad, but I would say they are medium. This has very good coverage, and will continue to repurchase if I don't find anything I like better. But with the price and coverage, I think this is an amazing deal.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by racheliz13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think the trick to this concealer is that you have to apply it very, very lightly. If you squeeze out a big glob and try to work with it that way, the results won't be ideal. It's worked well for me in concealing darkness under my eyes and on blemishes. The trick is to only dispense a tiny amount and to lightly dab it on the areas you want to conceal. For me, it does last all day. Also, I can't feel it on my face and its never caused breakouts, which are huge pluses.
If the color selection was better and I could find the perfect match, I'd never look for another concealer. The only thing I dislike about it is that, with only two colors to choose from, neither are exactly right. Even so, I have repurchased this several times (in the "natural light" shade) and will likely purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Kellykins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hello worst concealer I've ever used! -__-" I bought it due to all the good reviews I read from it, but I guess my skin just didn't like it. When I put it on, it becomes dry in like a matter of seconds. NOT BLENDABLE AT ALL. I tried blending it, and just results to making it look non-natural and just yuck. I hate how I wasted about 9 dollars for a product that is just blaah. Don't buy this. I repeat, DON'T BUY THIS.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I was searching for a new concealer when I came across the physicians formula website and saw this concealer. I wanted to try it because I have acne(whch hopefully will clear up from the creams my derm. gave me) and scars on my face. Normally I would buy concealers that would be okay, but I couldn't be impressed. This concealer is the worst thing I've ever used! On the package it says it lasts up to 12 hours with a natural smooth finish and it's such BS! It's very very very cakey and by an hour after putting it on I have to put some more on. The finish is no where near natural, it's completely obvious your wearing makeup. Do not buy this concealer!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by liveitup

Let me start out by saying that I've never had a concealer that blurs out my pores - and keeps them blurred/hidden all day... until this product! The coverage of this thing is awesome. It's very thick and creamy; the smallest, tiniest amount is enough to cover all the blemishes on my chin. I got this in the lightest color (Fair Light) and the shade is just perfect. It is one shade lighter than my skin tone, but I can still use it after applying foundation knowing that it'll blend in well without any lighter patches on my face. I find it a bit too heavy for my under eye area, though, but I don't mind since dark circles are the least of my worries. This product is probably the closest dupe I've found to the Amazing Cosmetics concealer. I don't know about you, but I'd rather pay $8 than $30+ for a concealer that works just as well.