April 19, 2014 | 1778 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by augustclems

Wow, this is the worst mineral powder I have ever tried & I am not exaggerating! I actually gave this product a few weeks trial before deciding to toss it out. Firstly, it made me shiner than ever before! I am oily in some spots but this powder made me look so greasy that I had to blot ever hour or so. After blotting, I would look splotchy because some of the powder transferred over to the blotting paper. The coverage is a bit heavier than BM so I had to use less (save money!), which is the only plus. I used this (real sand color) over the LM oil free tinted-moisturizer(bisque color). Back to searching for a descent foundation/powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by JaneAnstee

It looks like I'm in a minority here as I really didn't get on with this product.

I bought this when it first came onto the market as I wanted to try the latest wonder product, ie mineral makeup.

Wish I hadn't wasted my hard earned cash!

This product was so shiny that on the occasions I used it it made my face look like a giant pearl. It also seemed to "crack" as the day wore on, particularly around my chin and nose - it ended up looking like the cracked bottom of a dried up river bed!

This experience put me off mineral makeup for good, I've never bothered with it since.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by ariellezbellz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is literally the best foundation I have ever tried! I have combination skin and my dry areas are extremely dry and my t-zone is extremely oily and I never thought I'd want a mineral foundation after using bare minerals and it didn't do anything for me or my hyperpigmentation. But this is literally the most amazing, long lasting, natural foundation ever and i love that it has a dewy finish and buildable coverage! Best $35 I've ever spent.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by jeannamv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Yikes! Made me break out something serious! I have an almost immediate reaction to skin products and the day after using this my skin was/is sad. Not to mention I think the girl at Sephora gave me a wee bit too light of a color. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by muse110

This is an excellent product on most days. Long wearing, great coverage- but remember- less is more! Don't pile it on, you will regret it. I got the lightest shade tender rose- just a smidge too pink but not enough to be really noticeable when I blend it into my neck. Does need some touching up, but then again I don't use primer. The only problem I have is the same with any loose powder- so annoying to carry around, and you cant put it on in the car or anywhere that's not home! But lasts forever, so a great investment!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Josieang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Prior to using the Mineral Powder I was using the Tinted Moisturizer. However, at that time I was living in a rather dry climate and would occasionally get dry patches on my face which would be made more obvious with Tinted Moisturizer. Also, I was a little apprehensive about using mineral foundations because my first experience with BE was quite bad. That said, I have been using LM Mineral Powder for about 3 years now and its a great day time foundation. I start with the mineral primer in powder form then use the LM Kabuki brush to apply the Mineral Powder in Natural Beige. It goes on fast and smooth with just enough coverage, imparts a slight glow and is not chalky at all. The best thing about this foundation is that the application is so fast yet its lasting and will take me from day-to-night. I highly recommend the Kabuki brush for applying it and not the Blending or Mineral Powder brush because I have used those and tones of hairs would be drop onto my face so I switched to the Kabuki which is much softer. Also, have heard that LM has discontinued the powder form Mineral Primer so I hope the cream form works as well or better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not big on wearing a base, even though I think it makes a huge difference, I don't like having anything on my skin for day-to-day. I adore the difficult to obtain evened out base with luminous glow look. Most foundations wear a tad too heavy for my liking and powder will matte me out too much. This foundation powder is very nice because you do get decent coverage and it adds a subtle luminous glow, the powder is not flat like some mineral powders can be. It does not feel heavy on and I often forget I am wearing it. I have this in Real Sand and Rich Vanilla. Real Sand is a shade too light for me in the winter, but somehow works to give me a porcelain, milky complexion that I would not naturally have without pale-ing me out even though it's too light. I have a lot of red in my skin and using a yellow-based foundation makes me look orange, especially when my own oils blend and the product begins to oxidize (not wearing a primer either, really dislike the feel of those). Real Sand remains a milky pink tone. Rich Vanilla is too light for me in the summer but the closest I've gotten to not getting into brown-overload in foundation but still somewhat matching my skin. I spot wear this foundation and it does tone down my redness in the summer and provided I'm still wearing blush and not overdoing it with the foundation, I don't end up with mannequin face. Due to my redness, I have a tough time finding a match and breakouts are a concern. This product tackles them both: not so yellow based I'm orange, and light enough I can wear a few days in a row and not break out. I have to give it a rest in between and let my skin breathe, but breakouts have been a constant issue for me (largely hormonal and stress) and this product doesn't seem to sway my skin into breakout territory. I have never once been asked what make up I'm wearing when I wear this. I work 12-14 hr days in a hospital and am wary of makeup face, but this looks pretty darn close to natural. A brush would give a lighter application; I use a cotton round and dispose of just due to germs so keep in mind my application is a tad heavier than I'd like.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 2:31:00 AM More reviews by jnpho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have rosacea and normal/dry skin. I have this powder in 'real sand' and am about a NC-20. I like how it has yellowish undertones as I hate pink tones. I currently use this over the creme smooth foundation as a bit of a setting powder.

By itself though this powder definitely does not dry out the skin and really does leave a nice satin finish. This is probably a light-medium coverage and cakes on me a bit when I put a certain amount on (thus i wouldn't use this by itself to cover redness)

I definitely recommend you to give this a go!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by annie_b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this as an alternative to MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural when I realized that I: (a) needed a little more coverage, and (b) needed a better shade match. I have used or tried several lines of loose mineral foundation in the past, including Everyday Minerals, philosophy, Bare Minerals, Alima, Prescriptives, and Physicians Formula. Laura Mercier's mineral powder is at the top of the heap. It is a very finely milled powder that applies like a dream and leaves a soft glow. The glow is more noticeable just after application and fades to leave a satiny, medium coverage finish. I have light skin with yellow undertones (about NC20) and Real Sand was an excellent match for me. I have combination skin, and during the day I have a little shine breakthrough, but not much. If I blot once or twice over the course of a day I'm good.

One feature I really love about this product is that it does not accentuate dry patches, particularly if they are well moisturized before application. I have eczema that sometimes affects my face, so this is important to me. Some mineral products instantly draw attention to dry areas, but not this one. I apply with Sephora's mineral powder brush, using light, circular strokes, and I get nice medium coverage very quickly.

I am on the lookout for any increase in breakouts in my sensitive skin, but so far I don't have anything conclusive to say about this foundation. I'm loving this product and look forward to using it through winter.

EDIT 8/18/2011: I think this is contributing to clogged pores. I have had a hard time with blackheads and cystic acne since shortly after I began using this powder, which is bizarre because other mineral foundations don't do this to me. At first I thought the breakouts were because the summer heat and humidity were making me oilier, but since I switched to another foundation my skin has been clearing up. Since other reviewers don't seem to be having this problem it is probably just a quirk of my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2011 9:12:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

Hi gals, this review is actually comparing my Laurier Mercier mineral foundation with my Lauress mineral foundation. Hope this helps anybody whom needs it.

I have tried many brands. Started off with Alima which has a weird sheen in my opinion, tried Everydayminerals which I didnt find a color match, tried Lilylolo which was very ordinary but ok, tried Laurier Mercier mineral foundation which was also a good choice but expensive. My HG is Lauress minerals followed by Laurier Mercier. Both have a good oil control with good coverage. Laurier Mercier's pigments are more finely milled compared to Lauress. If that matters to u, I hope it helped. Oil control is about the same. LM looked natural but it seems to cling on any dryness I have in my skin. It also has a sheen like the Alima foundation i used to use but after a few hours i dun see any of that anymore. Lauress gives a very nice healthy glow even after wearing it for 8 hrs. I know my skin can never be that nice looking and i love looking into the mirror when i wear this foundation. I do feel Lauress is a tad expensive overall since it is not a brand which is as established as LM. I mean LM is considered a high end product but lauress is just a few dollars cheaper when u factor in the shipping. OMG. But for the sake of looking good, I will buy lauress. I dun care how well the brand is established. what matters is my complexion looks good. LOL

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No