July 31, 2014 | 1029 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 4:35:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I like this line so I am trying this powder. Used to love various mineral foundations and want to find another. The pros are it does not irritate nor itch my very sensitive, reactive skin. Its not crazy shiny either. Cons are well I got the wrong shade (my bad) but it seems the coverage is lacking for me. Other brands had more ability to conceal redness on me. I have been using it on my lids to even out redness/purple-ish tones there. Its just lacking in that way even. Its very so-so for me, not blown away by it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2011 4:28:00 AM More reviews by jenni1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

at first i wasnt sure of this product because initially looked very shiny but then loved it once it had settled into my skin.
but now after a week of using (everyday) i find i am breaking out more than usual.
i do have acne on my chin (no spots anywhere else!) and started getting spots on my head and cheeks.
cleared up once stopped using.
Find it strange as girl said was non pore clogging

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2011 7:02:00 AM More reviews by lovelyharmony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I thought i liked the product but after a few uses i broke out. If blended too much, made my Asian yellow skin tone appear pink in tone, coverage wasn't the best. Best look only achieved when used with a primer which I dont like to wear everyday as I like to keep my makeup minimal and natural. Won't purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by SamWaddington

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE this! I was worried the Bismuth would make my skin act up (as BE did) but it didn't. Much nicer than BB and BE, and a nicer finish than most of the other MMU I have tried in a vain attempt to replace the much missed Aromaleigh Glissade. Tried this in desperation.

Gives good coverage, skin looks silky and smooth, doesn't flake, cake or settle into pores or lines (I use a flocked sponge over my nose and chin to smooth pores and finish the whole lot with a spray of mineral water). This gives a nice finish, I find within a few minutes it melds into my skin. My skin still looks like skin but not too shiny or scary in sunlight, but manages to look luminous and healthy. I have to blot midday but then I always do, but it certainly has better staying power than BB or BE.
I am off to buy the mineral finishing powder!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 6:24:00 AM More reviews by Giggio

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised this product didnt have such a positive review. Its one of the best Mineral Foundations on the market and doesnt contain any traces of talc.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by augustclems

Wow, this is the worst mineral powder I have ever tried & I am not exaggerating! I actually gave this product a few weeks trial before deciding to toss it out. Firstly, it made me shiner than ever before! I am oily in some spots but this powder made me look so greasy that I had to blot ever hour or so. After blotting, I would look splotchy because some of the powder transferred over to the blotting paper. The coverage is a bit heavier than BM so I had to use less (save money!), which is the only plus. I used this (real sand color) over the LM oil free tinted-moisturizer(bisque color). Back to searching for a descent foundation/powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by JaneAnstee

It looks like I'm in a minority here as I really didn't get on with this product.

I bought this when it first came onto the market as I wanted to try the latest wonder product, ie mineral makeup.

Wish I hadn't wasted my hard earned cash!

This product was so shiny that on the occasions I used it it made my face look like a giant pearl. It also seemed to "crack" as the day wore on, particularly around my chin and nose - it ended up looking like the cracked bottom of a dried up river bed!

This experience put me off mineral makeup for good, I've never bothered with it since.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by ariellezbellz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is literally the best foundation I have ever tried! I have combination skin and my dry areas are extremely dry and my t-zone is extremely oily and I never thought I'd want a mineral foundation after using bare minerals and it didn't do anything for me or my hyperpigmentation. But this is literally the most amazing, long lasting, natural foundation ever and i love that it has a dewy finish and buildable coverage! Best $35 I've ever spent.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by jeannamv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Yikes! Made me break out something serious! I have an almost immediate reaction to skin products and the day after using this my skin was/is sad. Not to mention I think the girl at Sephora gave me a wee bit too light of a color. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by muse110

This is an excellent product on most days. Long wearing, great coverage- but remember- less is more! Don't pile it on, you will regret it. I got the lightest shade tender rose- just a smidge too pink but not enough to be really noticeable when I blend it into my neck. Does need some touching up, but then again I don't use primer. The only problem I have is the same with any loose powder- so annoying to carry around, and you cant put it on in the car or anywhere that's not home! But lasts forever, so a great investment!