October 25, 2014 | 1031 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by msadelaide

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of the better mineral makeup powders I have tried but honestly, not worth the money as it was a lot more pricey than others on the market and not necessarily a better product. The finish is nice and very similar to the ID bare escentuals mineral powder.

Overall, a nice product if you can justify the high price.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by makeupforeverandever13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this powder as a gift and I like it! It doesn't look cakey or anything and goes on really well; very smoothly. Overall, it looks nice and is a good powder! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by redrubberfloat

Let me just start out by saying I HATED Bare Minerals, and I really like this foundation. So if you're not a fan of Bare Minerals, but are determined to find a mineral powder foundation I would recommend checking this stuff out.
I took off one lippy because for me personally, the bismuth oxychloride in it (that supposedly gives you that healthy sheen to your skin) makes my skin a little itchy. However, this foundation holds up well to humid weather and really helps in sweaty situations.
The packaging is nice because there's a plastic piece that you can slide to cover the sifter when you're not using it so that your powder doesn't get all over the place like if you were carrying it in your makeup bag or something.
I apply this foundation with a kabuki brush (for light application) or a flat-top dense brush (I have the black one by Sonia Kashuk) for a fuller coverage. I like to wear this foundation during the summer, whereas in the winter I like wearing liquid foundation such as MUFE HD.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by mllemustard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this powder for several years now: I've bought it many times, and I will continue to buy it.

This stuff is basically perfection in a jar (tub? whatever). It covers imperfections and evens out my skin tone, and provides a nice finish (it's not too matte or too dewy, but really leaves a very nice finish). It also doesn't irritate my skin or interact poorly with any of my sunscreens or serums. I've tried samples of Bare Minerals, and I really prefer the LM powder-- if you were put off of mineral foundations because of BE, give LM a shot.

It's also works well for me as a spot concealer-- rather than using it all over, sometimes I just use a concealer brush on around my nose to get rid of redness. I've also come to prefer powder foundations over liquids, as it seems more natural on my skin and I feel like I can blend it better.

I use the Tender Rose, and it's really perfect shade for us very pale girls with pinkish undertones. I was initially surprised when the LM rep gave me that color, but it really does match my skin perfectly. I'd had problems trying to find a shade pale enough from other brands, but LM came through.

I also only have to re-purchase maybe once a year-- I can't remember, actually, when I bought the current jar I'm using, and from the looks of it, I won't need to rebuy for a while. So, it's a fair price in the end.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by 6thmercury

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This loose powder is long wearing and has a bit of a sheen to it. It has a sifter but I would suggest not removing the tape all the way so that not alot of products come out. There's not alot of color selection though which is a shame. Other than that, it's worth the money even though it is expensive.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 4:35:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I like this line so I am trying this powder. Used to love various mineral foundations and want to find another. The pros are it does not irritate nor itch my very sensitive, reactive skin. Its not crazy shiny either. Cons are well I got the wrong shade (my bad) but it seems the coverage is lacking for me. Other brands had more ability to conceal redness on me. I have been using it on my lids to even out redness/purple-ish tones there. Its just lacking in that way even. Its very so-so for me, not blown away by it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2011 4:28:00 AM More reviews by jenni1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

at first i wasnt sure of this product because initially looked very shiny but then loved it once it had settled into my skin.
but now after a week of using (everyday) i find i am breaking out more than usual.
i do have acne on my chin (no spots anywhere else!) and started getting spots on my head and cheeks.
cleared up once stopped using.
Find it strange as girl said was non pore clogging

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2011 7:02:00 AM More reviews by lovelyharmony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I thought i liked the product but after a few uses i broke out. If blended too much, made my Asian yellow skin tone appear pink in tone, coverage wasn't the best. Best look only achieved when used with a primer which I dont like to wear everyday as I like to keep my makeup minimal and natural. Won't purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by SamWaddington

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE this! I was worried the Bismuth would make my skin act up (as BE did) but it didn't. Much nicer than BB and BE, and a nicer finish than most of the other MMU I have tried in a vain attempt to replace the much missed Aromaleigh Glissade. Tried this in desperation.

Gives good coverage, skin looks silky and smooth, doesn't flake, cake or settle into pores or lines (I use a flocked sponge over my nose and chin to smooth pores and finish the whole lot with a spray of mineral water). This gives a nice finish, I find within a few minutes it melds into my skin. My skin still looks like skin but not too shiny or scary in sunlight, but manages to look luminous and healthy. I have to blot midday but then I always do, but it certainly has better staying power than BB or BE.
I am off to buy the mineral finishing powder!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 6:24:00 AM More reviews by Giggio

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised this product didnt have such a positive review. Its one of the best Mineral Foundations on the market and doesnt contain any traces of talc.