Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15

(Natural Beige, Soft Porcelain): Mica, Pearl Powder. ( /-): CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77947 (Zinc Oxide), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides). (Real Sand, Tender Rose, Rich Vanilla, Classic Beige, Pure Honey, Warm Bronze): Active Ingredient – Zinc Oxide. Ingredient: Pearl Powder. May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 1/11/2012 2:55:00 PM

wow, holy sparkles!....is what I thought after putting this on for the first time. This foundation is very shimmery. I really wanted to love this foundation because of all the great reviews on here, so I have been trying to for a week. But I am taking this product back to sephora. It didn't cause breakouts, but didn't make my skin any better. The coverage is medium at best. The worst part is all the damn shimmer! I look like a disco ball! It makes my already large pores even larger. I used with LM primer and setting powder, used without it, and just can't justify keeping this. I do love the packaging, powder doesn't fly everywhere. Thats about it.

on 1/8/2012 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was really disappointed by this. The color, soft porcelain was good, only slightly too yellow for my neutral skin tone. But it caked and became very oily, even only using tiny amounts. looks very beautiful from a foot or two away from the mirror, but once you get close it's caked and settled into lines and pores. I'll be returning this since unfortunately I couldn't make it work. Word of caution: NEVER trust Sephora's lights.

Very poor powder for such a high price.

on 12/30/2011 2:28:00 AM

it's a very good quality product, but i feel i can't use too much of this product or else i get oily and it looks kinda fake. I'm pretty fair, i have the color in real sand which may be a little too warm but i like to go a tad darker. i bought it because i wanted something light for my skin, i brush it over my foundation for a natural finish. it does the job for now but don't think i'd repurchase right away.

on 12/26/2011 2:48:00 AM

I must say is a great product overall, it brings a natural glow to your skin, but I noticed that if I use too much my skin looks oily, so I am not so sure if it would be good for oily skin types. It's a light to medium coverage, so for skin types like mine that have some red scars from acne you should use some concealer/foundation before applying this. I used my regular foundation (revlon colorstay)under the mineral powder and my skin looked flawless after my makeup was done, and after several hours, my m/u stayed perfectly. I definitely would buy this again!

on 12/21/2011 2:13:00 PM

This provides long-lasting coverage. However, I found that it is more cakey than I would like, and it took me a lonnggg time to realize it's not good for my skin. Breaks me out and I don't like the heavy feeling.

on 12/21/2011 4:25:00 AM

This is a great medium-coverage powder foundation. I use it with a flat-topped brush to buff into my skin for a lighter coverage, and it gives a lovely satiny finish - it's almost like a powder to cream consistency. I also feel that I don't need to use concealer with this, I just go in with a smaller brush to give problem areas the coverage they need - a little goes a long way, as it's quite pigmented. As a mineral foundation, it's kind to my skin, and I haven't ever had any break-outs as a result of using this.
I took half a lipstick off as, although it lasts about 6-8 hours on me without touch-ups, it does tend to come off easily.
I took another half a lipstick off for the packaging, I took this product with me when I went travelling, and a lot of it came out through the little holes - so if you haven't peeled back the plastic yet, just poke 4-5 holes through, that's really all you need to dispense an ample amount of product!

on 12/15/2011 9:41:00 AM

I love this stuff! I've never worn face makeup before (i'm new to the whole makeup game in general) and this stuff just evened me out, took away redness and made me glow (according to my room mate). The only complaint i have is i noticed how easily it comes off...i know that's always going to be a problem with loose mineral powder so its really not that big of a deal. Also i bet thats an easy fix with primer. Overall, love this stuff and i've only had it for a couple days!

on 12/13/2011 11:10:00 AM

Color lasts!! I've gone running and after the sweating I can still see the coverage. Would like to see more colors. Works for my summer complexion, but during the winter..the shade for me makes my skin dull.

I had used mineral makeup for years, then went back to liquid due to needing more coverage. Recently, my skin has been prone to breakouts and sensitivities due to climate change and pregnancy. After reading many reviews, I decided to try the LM mineral foundation. I am very pleased with the results! Gives a great finish with slightly fuller coverage than a medium cov foundation. I will layer over problem areas that need more. Gives lovely natural look without cakeyness. and I adore the packaging! I have tried Bare Minerals, MAC, Alima, Everyday, Almay mineral foundations. This is by far my fav. Got top ranking by Paula Begoun as well.

on 11/28/2011 3:30:00 AM

I have been using this for about 2 years and I love it. I had initially tried it twice at makeup counters and didn't want to buy it since it was a bit expensive, and finally caved it. It lasts quite awhile so it's pretty worth it for a little over $30 USD. I recently relocated to HK and it's even more expensive here-about $44 USD!!! I will have to have someone else help me buy and stock up!

I can add more when I need m ore coverage and it looks very natural. It just doesn't last the whole day unless I reapply or use some sort of primer. I would be super happy if it looked just as good in the afternoon as in the morning.