November 25, 2014 | 1812 users online

Powder - Make Up For Ever - Duo Mat Powder foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by MsKimberly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this foundation. It covers well and I don't require many touch ups with it. I use shade 201 and it blends in with my skin tone pretty well. It even looks okay in bright lights, lol. The main con about this to me is the packaging. I DO like the magnet that helps seal it shut. I do not like the sponge that has to go under the makeup. The reason for that is I have nicked the product with my thumb many times and I paid a lot for it. I don't want to lose unnecessary amounts of product, lol. But I will keep repurchasing! It doesn't cause me to break out. Unlike another popular brand that will go unmentioned. *COUGH*MAC*COUGH* :\

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by LolitaKat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite foundation. This looks so natural and does nothing bad to my skin. The only downside is that you would probably need a more moisturizing foundation in the winter as it can kind of look patchy if your skin is too dry.

I bought the HD kabuki brush to apply this with and it is heaven.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by kennymoron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my 2nd experience in powder foundation (my 1st one is MAC lightful which is quite good) and I have to say I like it. I was pretty satisfied with my new MAC lightful until I dropped it and the powder shattered. I can only use it at home now because the powder will go everywhere if I put it on my bag.

I decided to purchase another powder foundation to-go. The review of this product is quite okay in MUA so I decided to just buy it. I use NC40 for MAC Lightful and shade 205 suits me quite good. For me, the texture of this powder is better than MAC, it makes your face looks smooth and more natural looking. Oil control is okay, I do need to blot but it's normal. It doesn't break me out and the coverage is good.

The packaging is not as bad as I thought (I thought it'll look very cheap), although I hate the fact that you cannot refill it. You have to buy another case+powder everytime you need a new one. And the other downside is that it doesn't have any SPF (while Lightful has SPF25). But I guess there can't be a perfect product. Price is quite reasonable, I bought it for HKD 330 (or around USD 43).

I might not repurchase because I think I still wanna try powder foundation from different brands, hahahaha

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Hillsk8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for about 2 years now. Shade 202. I have to say, I LOVE it. I am 31 with skin that can be dry, but still breaks out. This product doesn't cause any irritation or break out for me, which is a huge plus. It also doesn't get greasy or shiny. I do use about one oil blotting sheet a day, but I have to do that with anything, so I don't count that as a downside. I was introduced to this foundation when I lived in Nashville, TN - talk about hot and humid central! I asked for something that wouldn't get nasty during the summer time and Sephora sold me this. On a hot and humid day, this stuff performs pretty well. It stays in place well and doesn't make you look like an oil slick. That being said, you'll probably need to blot a time or two if it's 96 degrees out with comparable humidity. I live back in NY now and I still love this stuff. I put it on with a powder brush most days for a lighter, yet still covered look. I apply it with the sponge it comes with for evenings when I want a more "made up" look. As far as price goes, I'm fine with it. The product lasts forever. I barely go through two of these a year. I'd say each compact lasts about 8 or 9 months and I use it every single day. So, when you break the cost down on a daily basis, it's not much at all! Try it! You won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 8:36:00 AM More reviews by pinay_babae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a new foundation and had my cousin recommend Make Up Forever.

I went to Sephora to sample it. The MUA applied it and it felt light..not heavy at all. I went ahead and made my purchase. The MUA also recommended I use a velour puff not the sponge it comes with.

I like how my skin isn't oily by day end. That's what I was looking for...a foundation that wouldn't make my skin oily after a few minutes.

Overall a good product. I've used it for 2 weeks now. I wish it was on the cheaper end but between this and using L'oreal and MAC...so far this has done the trick for controlling my shine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 4:15:00 PM More reviews by RazorBladeKiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this to use as a touch up powder. If you use this over liquid foundation, you get a really flawless finish. But it can be too much for everyday. As a powder foundation, I find that it has really good coverage. It can be drying though. This is definitely better than studio fix powder but doesn't have a good selection of shades. It is also more pricey for less product. I would continue to buy this because it is the only powder foundation that works for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Makeyamona

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I'm a huge ingredient freak nowadays and muf duo powder has no harsh chemicals and I really like that! The coverage is great BUT the colors suck :( I'm an olive skin tone and I was matched with 209...no good! Then I went on my own and tried both 207 and 201 (I think) and 207 seemed right...wrong! The colors all turn out pink/orange an looks super unnatural :(
overall I really like this powder but color matching is no good for me. I did notice however that it made my face pretty duey which is a change since I have dryskin for the most part so I had to touch up with a loose powder twice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Excellent powder for all day staying powder. I used to need to touch up when I would use Bobbi Brown or MAC. However, I wanted something that would keep my combo skin looking refined through all of 10 hour workdays. This does the trick.

I have used alone with moisturizer, with the MUFE Full Cover Concealer on spots with blemishes, and over a primer. Each time, I get the same results, long lasting coverage without oil slicks that get through.

I have found that the key to staying power and finish is in the method of application. If you use a brush - like the Bare Minerals Brush you get great all over coverage. Also a kabuki brush is good to use. If you use a powder brush, it will be lighter, and not so heavy. If you use the powder puff that comes in the compact, I think it goes on too heavy, and looks a little ashy.

All in all, a great product, I would highly recommend for others.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by phatsjunx

This stuff goes on like buttah! I've been using MAC Studio Fix's NC 40 and C4 for about a year now but decided to try this one out. I got a 205 - Medium Beige which matches my skin tone well but I think I could get away with 207 - Golden Beige. I feel that this foundation stays on longer than the MACs, have better coverage, and looks less cakey. I recommend this for people with oily skin. I used to be Normal to Dry but now I'm Normal to Oily which explains why MAC's powders were too dry for me. I'm also happy to learn that MUFE do not test on animals. I wish they would have that stamped on their packages though...Unless I'm wrong and they do test on animals?

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 4:44:00 AM More reviews by courtneymbridge

Decided to buy some nice powder foundation to seal the liquid foundation i use. I went with makeup forever's duo tone, and love it so far. It seals the liquid in and lasts all day just as i had hoped. And if i do chose to re apply it at night time, it doesn't look heavy and doesn't feel heavy either.