April 18, 2014 | 2010 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2011 7:42:00 AM More reviews by jdh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Overall this a good foundation. However, it doesn't cover nearly as well as Estee Lauder Maximum coverage. This past year, I have gone from having a few whiteheads every once in a while, to cystic breakouts all over my cheeks. The breakout is mainly gone, but now I'm left with scarring and hyper pigmentation. I bought this after seeing the Lisa Eldridge video. While it does work, I have to use a lot more product to cover like the Estee Lauder foundation. I also find it wears off fairly easily, and I have to do touch ups throughout the day. Not a bad product just not hg for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 11:35:00 AM More reviews by chanel277

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was very skeptical about this and after I read all the good reviews here I thought to give it a try. I was expecting a really full coverage foundation and this is not a REALLY HIGH coverage foundation.I would describe it as a medium coverage. I ve tried the Estee Lauder maximum cover, the Clinique continuous coverage foundation, the MAC full cover foundation and all of them provide much greater coverage compared to this one. Has a quite thick consistency but applies very easily and doesnt look thick AT ALL. . Looks very natural on the face and wears easily all day long without any problems . The coverage as I said is medium you can achieve full coverage by simply using one more layer of this foundation. The shade selection is a bit limited Im NC 30 and I have this in the shade 45 gold and its darker than my skin not horrendously darker but its darker . In general I like it a lot provides good coverage without looking like you wearing a mask lasts reasonably long, at least on me, doesnt set into fine lines and wrinkles which is a HUGE plus for me comes in a reasonable price so im in two thumbs up! Packaging wise I have to admit that the packaging looks a bit chip but im ok with that . It comes in a white tube and you squeeze the product out not crazy about that either.My skin is on the dry side its not overly dry but its dry and this foundations works perfect for me. Has creamy texture and quite thick consistency so that makes it suitable for dryer skin types but I can defiantly see someone with more oily skin wearing this

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

UPDATE 10-12-11: I am downgrading this foundation from 5 to 2, changing its packaging rating from 5 to 3. I will not repurchase this foundation. I've been using this since way too long, and it stopped me from looking at new formulations on the market. It really doesn't last at all, if anything, it melts off of my face. Normally, at the end of the day, the coverage is all gone and my dark red acne scars resurface completely. I've noticed that the foundation starts to wear off 1-2 hours after application, and that is unacceptable when a normal, non-corrective one starts to wear off 4-6 hours after. The people that need a corrective foundation, most of the time, has a lot of imperfections to be covered. However, this foundation, no matter how high coverage, cannot suffice to their demand. Why? Because it wear off instantly! I am very disappointed in this foundation. Since my skin has been highly reactive lately, I wasn't able to use powder. I've said in my previous review that it only lasts for 3-4 hours on my without powder. Which is true. I've been trying to use primers, changing moisturizers, stopping sunscreen (only when I know I won't be out for too long), etc. but this foundation really hates to stay on my face! I've found lately that the tube of this leaks! :( I store my tubes in the fridge (I mix Opal and Nude to have a shade that is similar to mine), and when I want to refill my sample jar, I need to shake the foundation or else a clear, oily liquid comes out first. I've learnt to use my finger to block the liquid from coming out, or else it would make a total mess in the cap and become all disgusting. You could say that I'm a bit OCD, but I like to keep everything neat and clean, especially something that I use on my facial skin. The shades in this range are really really disappointing as well... I mix Opal, a NC15, pale yellow beige shade with Nude, a peachy medium beige with orange undertones to obtain a shade that I can use. I could be qualified as NC23, if only MAC made that shade. However, even though I have neutral skintone on my face, I am a bit yellow on my neck. Consequently, I try to match my face to my neck the most I can. The peachy shade, Nude, would be absolutely perfect if it wasn't so peachy! I mean, who does really have a "peaches and cream" complexion? It looks bright orange in its liquid form and becomes lighter when blended out, but I can still see the demarcation line perfectly under strong lighting or sunlight. All these factors triggered me to search for a better match, a liquid that is longer lasting, with a packaging that is more convenient. I do have to give credits to this foundation for having a good formula, by which I mean it has never broken me out one bit, it feels extremely silky and light going on, and is completely frangrance-free. I hope this helps to anyone's search for their perfect foundation.

Original review: This is my HG foundation/concealer, since a tiny drop of it suffice for my acne scars, sun spots and uneven skin tone, I fell in love with it after having tried it on three years ago. It might transfer if you don't use a good setting powder on top. If I set it with a matte powder, I can wear this for at least 8 hours, without touch ups. If I want a dewy look, I do not set it with powder and even then, it lasts me 4-6 hours during winter time and 3-4 hours in summer. This foundation covers beautifully and since it's so pigmented, a little goes a long way! Which means I feel like I'm not wearing anything!!! This is the absolute best maximum coverage foundation in my book and will remain that way!
Note for Retin-A users: this does somewhat clings onto your dry spots, so becareful and moisturize your skin very well! I personally have used bio-oil, Olay Moisture Therapy (body lotion), Cetaphil, AHA lotions and I find them all very helpful. I also like the organic cocoa butter lipbalms from Badger, to use, I melt it on my palms and dab it allover my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by pishtosh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've always been a fan of Vichy's products. In the past, I've used their Normaderm skin care and foundation and liked it very much. For years, I'd been using Lancome's Effacernes concealer for my dark circles and blemishes, but it's expensive - I probably spent between 60 and 90 dollars a year on 2 or 3 tubes depending on how much I used - and I was sick of paying so much. I'd heard lots of good things about Dermablend on youtube - Lisa Eldridge has a great acne-covering video using it - so I decided to buy it, hoping to use it as both foundation and concealer. I found it on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada for under 30 dollars, which considering the amount you get and the coverage it provides is a very fair price.

The first time I tried this, I couldn't BELIEVE the coverage - they claim it contains something like 30% more pigmentation than traditional foundations, made to cover serious imperfections like acne, rosacea, etc. Anyway, the smooth, easy to blend texture paired with the amazing, amazing amount of coverage makes this foundation stand out big time. I use the lightest shade, I'm NC20, and it matches well enough. It's never broken me out or irritated my skin at all - a huge plus.

It's taken me a few months to get this product to work. I have oily skin (especially in the summer) and I found that, if I used this product alone, even set with powder, it slid around and looked gross after a couple of hours. I just couldn't get it to work - I mixed it with my moisturizer, tried different application modes and setting powders - nothing worked.

I've realized that I need to use this only as a concealer. For whatever reason, that's the only way I like it. And very sparingly. Now a days, I use a tiny dab of Revlon's Colorstay foundation, sheered out over my whole face, a peach corrector under my eyes, then the Dermablend dotted on chin, cheeks, forehead and around my eyes and blend/pat in with just fingers, and set with powder. This offers a very natural but flawless face. Last week I purchased the intended setting powder by Vichy - it's talc-based and white (translucent) much like the other available HD-type powders. I'll review that after further use, but so far I'm loving the combination, especially for keeping under my eyes totally crease-free all day.

This tube will last me ages, and when it runs out I will for sure repurchase. I can't imagine using this all over my face, with what I'm trying to cover, but for those who need more coverage, this will be a god send - truly a special foundation. And affordable, with great packaging (a soft tube, great for travel) and, from what I can see, a decent shade range (though more would be nice.)

Overall I'm very happy with this and am relieved to have found something to replace my much more expensive ex-HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by nataliaspada

I LOVE this foundation, it's my favorite high coverage one. Sometimes when my skin isn't too sensitive or red, I like to wear a lighter foundation and to show my freckles. And I can do that with this foundation too!

I dab a tiny little drop of Clinique's dramatically different moisturizer gel for oily skin and mix it up with another and bigger drop of the foundation and voilá!! I have the same matte beautiful look but with a lighter coverage. I Loved the effect so much when I tried it on.

I LOVE this foundation and specially because it has no smell. I also got the Dermablend transparent loose powder but I haven't worn it out of the house so I can't really tell. But I love this brand so much that I'm sure it will work!

By the way, I say it's too expensive because in Brazil it's super expensive, something equivalent to 50 dollars. Yeah...I'm not even going to mention a Chanel price, you would fall out of your chair.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by digxmexnow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't know if I got a different formulation than the other reviews or if I'm just used to full-coverage foundations, but the bottle I got of this foundation was not thick and hard to blend at all (even with primer). That said, it doesn't fill in my acne scarring as well as it seemed to for other users.

It goes on pretty smooth and I blend it with my fingertips. One layer is enough for decent coverage, but I still need concealer for problem spots.

My main complaint is that without primer and powder to set it, this does start to melt off my face. On a hot day, the guy I'm dating asked me what the hell was going on with my foundation. Oi. I have combination skin that is a bit oily and acne-prone.

There is a very limited color selection, but the lightest shade matched my skin very well. If you can actually find this product, it is worth a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by agirlwithcakedupmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

A little goes a looooong way! This product covers amazingly and you can just use one little dollop and your whole face is done! I'm acne-prone and this has caused no breakouts whatsoever.
I wish they had a larger color selection but I just buy 2 or 3 different shades and mix and blend to match my skin tone since it's always changing (winter I'm fair, summer i'm tan or bland depending how much I go out in the sun). I don't mind forking over the $ for this product because I know it will last me a long time.
UPDATE 1/22/13: I have stopped using this foundation just because lately it's been making my face feel like an oil slick.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by ashleystewart1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

hey everyone!! after seeing this foundation used on lisa eldridge's yt page and reading reviews on trusty MUA i decided to purchase! i think it was 30$ cdn from shoppers drug mart. i just put it on my face and it is awesome! covers redness very well... i have a few breakouts and it makes them less noticable. i also have dry skin and it doesn't accentuate the dryness too bad! it does not clog pores and is dermatologist recommended.. oh and a LITTLE goes a LONGGG Way! i apply with my foundation brush or fingers :) oh and i am fair skinned and purchased this in opal and it is a PERFECt match

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by rhondascheer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it! I was going to use as a concealer but I dab a little on my sponge and it gives me a perfect blended even coverage. My skin looks flawless. I use a little bronzer over it and I'm good all day long! I bought it in the nude color! Be careful not to squeeze out to much. A little of this goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by SelenaSerena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation to use as to spot-conceal the little imperfections and occasional break-outs. In this role it works very well. I only a little afraid about it clogging the pores so I watch my skin condition not to miss if it might get worse.
Overall I would recommend this foundation to be used to cover certain areas as it seems to be way too heavy for the whole face. I did not try to cover my whole face with it.