September 19, 2014 | 1910 users online

Other - Omega 3 supplement

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2007 5:19:00 PM More reviews by sweetoblivion

Since using it, my nails haven't gotten white spots on them, my hair is looking shiny, and best of all my skin has cleared up. I used to get really bad cystic acne on my forehead but not since I started using this in combination with lemon juice. I've always drank at least 1 lemon in my water everyday, and would still get cysts, but not as bad. But now that I'm drinking lemon water and taking the pills, my face has not had a pimple on it. I take one pill a day.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2007 6:32:00 PM More reviews by RW28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far it's suppressing my appetite! Not effect (it's early yet though) on hair, nails, skin. I started taking this (1 pill, 2 times a day) almost 2 weeks ago. Careful, an overdose of this stuff can cause stomach bleeding.

Editing--ugh, it's now suppressing my appetite to the point where food makes me nauseous. I'll be cutting my dosage to see if it helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2007 12:52:00 PM More reviews by SunshineBella

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this is my first review. I felt that I needed to post this because it has worked so well for me.

I'm 45 years old x-sunworshiper. I have combo skin on my face and dry skin on my legs and arms.

I've been taking the fish oil pills for a about a month now, and the difference is incredible. I can actually get a shower and get dressed without applying a body moisturizer - something I would NEVER do before.

My skin is glowing and so soft. No more scalely legs. I wish I would have known this beauty tip years ago. It would have saved me a ton of money on lotions!

Sorry it doesn't work for some people, but everybody is different right?

LOVE this sight!!!!!!

UPDATE: My hair got a little greasy, which by the way is amazing, because it was strawlike before. The new hair coming in is very healthy. Don't need as much conditioner as before either. And.... I've cut back to one pill a day. I fluctuate between Omega Fish and a Flaxseed/Omega combo. Less pills, less moisturizer, less conditoner, better skin and hair? What's not like?

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2007 3:46:00 AM More reviews by fernnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I suspect most people will have unexciting results like mine --- I took fish oil pills for about a month and a half, then switched to cod liver oil because it offers a higher dose of EPA and DHA at a lower cost. So I've been on fish oil for about 2 months now.

Hair, skin ---no visible improvement in terms of hydration. But I hardly get any pimples now and the one or two small ones I got disappeared very quickly. I have acne-prone skin, took accutane 7 years ago after which the acne returned but of a less severe variety. Nails grow very fast, as most people have noted.

What confuses me about the reviews is how some people have noticed such dramatic results, whether good or bad, often at low doses and a very short duration of time,eg 2 weeks . I am taking it at pretty high dosage (I now aim for 3g of EPA+DHA--- if you look at the label, the amount of EPA and DHA usually adds up to only about 300mg per fish oil capsule. I am following some of the guidelines from acne.org regarding the dosage.) but I don't see anything major, nothing exciting to shout about. I think most people will have results similar to mine unless they've taken it for a much longer period of time---like 6 months or longer. Will update because I plan to take this long-term.

EDIT: 21/7/2010: I'm an on-and-off long-term user. I don't really see any visible difference, sorry. I hope it's doing good stuff to my insides though.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2007 1:18:00 AM More reviews by sabregoddess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gave me horrible, sore, non-surfacing, red, cystic acne like I have never experienced before. I thought it may have been my typical pre-menstrual stuff, then I made the fish oil connection when I realized that that was the difference this month. I am stopping these pills immediately. It truly made it look like someone hit my head with a baseball bat in one spot. I have never had skin this oily- I felt like a before oicture for ProActiv. The only positive aspects were that my nails did grow fast, but it made my hair overly-oily as well. Omega 3 is not for me. =(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2007 11:20:00 AM More reviews by xuanthy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Fish oil ruined my skin. I have dry skin so I was hoping this would help. I ended up with pimples all over my nose and chin. It was weeks before I connected it with the fish oil. A couple days after I stopped taking the pills, the pimples started going away. I can't believe a tiny pill could cause so much trouble!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2007 8:13:00 AM More reviews by sdora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm having the same exact symptoms as the previous reviewer, I was shocked when I read the comment about the previous reviewer because I've been taking the fish oil for about 3 weeks now and this morning I see a big zit comming on my nose and I have two zits on my lower chick and they are painful. I didn't think it was caused by fish oil until i read this comment. I'll still keep taking the fish oil until I'm done with the bottle just to make sure that I'm not getting zit from something else.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2007 1:51:00 PM More reviews by rbyars1

Unfortunately, I too had not so much luck with the fish oil. Started taking them over a month ago and within two weeks I started to get deep pimples on my chin and nose which is not typical for me. I even took extra measure to buy the pure Omega 3 from Nordic Naturals. Gonna have to scrap the oil idea. The lesson learned?....Don't get hopes up to high just because a product has glowing reviews and if you are acne prone? This may not be the answer. Back to the drawing board I guess :-(

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2007 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Daisy1012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been buying the Nature Made brand Omega 3 for several months now and on recommendation from our nutritionist, I keep them in the freezer. I have never had one incident of the dreaded fish burps but I never take them on an empty stomach either. My dh does get fish burps so I guess it's very YMMV. Before I began taking Omega 3, I had horrible dry, peeling nails and now they are back to the long and strong nails of my youth. I have also noticed that my skin doesn't dry out as much as usual and my mood is tad bit better. I will continue taking these not only for the health benefits but also for the cosmetic benefits.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2007 9:45:00 PM More reviews by TropicalBreeze

I have been taking fish oil pills for 4 months now and the results are incredible. The pills have really mellowed me out and made me much calmer. I am a mom of 17 month old twins and I think I might have a mild case of post partum depression. The fish oil pills have made me feel so much calmer and happier. My skin is smoother, my nails and my hair grow so quickly. The results are incredible. The change in my moods and the fact that I am a calmer, happier person is the best result of taking these pills for me personally. I have recommended them to so many people and will continue to do so.