August 22, 2014 | 2021 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by girlndocs

I specifically did not go looking for a matte finish foundation because I wanted light to medium natural/glowy coverage. However, I had a really hard time finding a color match (very pale and neutral), plus I can't use any foundations with chemical sunscreen, so I got to the point where I was really desperate to try something, anything that might be light enough for me, and 15 Alabaster is probably the overall lightest shade that MUFE makes.

The first time I tried it on, all my doubts were confirmed: every dry patch on my face sprang out into chalky relief and I could feel the foundation sucking every last droplet of moisture out of my skin. It was a fabulous color match but I couldn't wait to wash it off.

It was when I was putting on my very heavy, sticky, oily Vanicream sunscreen that my eye fell on the Mat Velvet+ sample jar and inspiration hit. I dotted Mat Velvet+ over the sunscreen and blended it with a Beauty Blender dupe and I was blown away. Medium coverage, natural to dewy finish, great color match, my skin looked amazing, and it took the curse off the greasy finish of the Vanicream and stuck around all day!

Long story short (too late) I bought a tube and am still thrilled to death. An extra plus is how long a tube will last since I dot it on sheerly. If you're having a hard time finding a pale foundation give this a try, even if you don't want matte full coverage. Try sheering it out with moisturizer or primer, or wearing it over very rich moisturizer. You might be surprised. (UPDATE: I have also been wearing this mixed one part MV+ to two parts L'Oreal Magic Lumi Illuminating Primer, over lighter and less-greasy sunscreen. I like it very much.)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Violet999

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is nice still not doing what it supposed to do. I havent noticed much 'Matt' finish after wearing this for couple of hours. I tried it with or without a primer. Plus its Overpriced.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by HannahBlock21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this foundation. I have tried many, many different foundations and this one is definitely in my top favorites. Makes my skin matte without drying it out, and it lasts pretty long (not all day though). This is one of the few foundations which matches my skin tone perfectly. I'm in love!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by sohysterical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is okay. I love it for the shade range because I have a hard time finding foundation that matches my undertones. But just so you know.. it's not matte. At least on me, am I doing something wrong? No matter what I put underneath or on top, I definitely have a 'glow' (ahem, shine. And I'm not oily!) from the moment it's applied. Which isn't a bad thing necessarily, but it's certainly not marketed that way. But it's light while with good coverage, and I like the shade range. I'm on my second bottle. A little goes a long way which helps offset the cost. I'm currently using the Tarte BB cream instead of foundation and loving it, but I'll keep this around and I may repurchase when I run out again. The longwearing matte foundation by which I will forever judge all others is Revlon Colorstay, and I took off two lippies because this leaves something to be desired both in finish and wear.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by avastmaryy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I take back everything I previously said about this product. I loathe it and I am returning it immediately. It was cakey and flakey and after a few hours I was shiny and my skin was feeling greasy. Upon closer inspection, the foundation had started to separate. It was AWFUL.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by ankosh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

this foundation is perfect
colore wise it matches me perfectly which is usually my biggest concerns
coverage its amazing
blends easily with my flat sigma kabuki and i tried it with a wet sponge and it blends perfectly
staying power is amazing i never worries about it melting or diasappearing
doesnt break me out at all ( i heve a clear skin to start with )
cheap as it retails 35 doleers which is good in comparasion here in my country as it is the same price as loreal foundations
my only proplem is i have dry skin sometimes very dry i have to exfoilates my skin and moisturise it so deeply before i apply it so i keep it for occasions
definatly i would buy it again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by conilamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this more than my hd foundation!

I got it for a friend's wedding which i was one of the bridesmaid, so you know your makeup has to be stay on all day because you never know when will you have time to touch up. I heard mix feelings about this foundation but still decided to give it a try, and yes! it does stay on from 630 am to 1130 pm with makeup setting spray(all nighter from UD). And i have been crying and sweating (you know you have to walk around and get everything done if you even be a bridesmaid before).

I did try it on a regular day, and i love how one layer of this foundation give you a nature finish and the coverage can be builded up without looking cakey or feeling heavy, set it with power and setting spray and you are good to go.

i think the only down side is the package, i hate hate hate foundation that doesn't come with a pump, it just make me feel weird. But this is my HG foundation and the color range for this foundation is good :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Kestral

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff! I have tried many many different brands and this is the only one that works. It keeps me mat all day and I don't have to keep rubbing my face with my sleeves like I had to do with other products. Althought it's expensive, it's so worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by austinxbradley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

THIS FOUNDATION IS PERFECT!
I suffer with oily skin and this kept me matte ALL day!! It was well worth $36!
I usually don't spend a lot on makeup, but this, omg, perfect for my skin type.
I also suffer from blackheads and a few pimples here and there, It made my skin look poreless.
And the full coverage is beyond any liquid foundation I have ever used!
I higly suggest this for people with oily, shiney, acne prone skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by mayebear87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product did not live up to its name. It only kept me matte for about 3 hrs, which is no different than any other foundation I use. The wear was no longer than other foundations. I guess there is just nothing about this foundation that makes it stand out from others, and it's expensive. The packaging would be alright if it didn't pretty much explode foundation the first time I opened it. The first time I opened it, the foundation just came pouring out (I wasn't squeezing it, and I was holding it upright), wasting SO much of it. I will be returning this.