July 28, 2014 | 1099 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by ankosh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

this foundation is perfect
colore wise it matches me perfectly which is usually my biggest concerns
coverage its amazing
blends easily with my flat sigma kabuki and i tried it with a wet sponge and it blends perfectly
staying power is amazing i never worries about it melting or diasappearing
doesnt break me out at all ( i heve a clear skin to start with )
cheap as it retails 35 doleers which is good in comparasion here in my country as it is the same price as loreal foundations
my only proplem is i have dry skin sometimes very dry i have to exfoilates my skin and moisturise it so deeply before i apply it so i keep it for occasions
definatly i would buy it again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by conilamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this more than my hd foundation!

I got it for a friend's wedding which i was one of the bridesmaid, so you know your makeup has to be stay on all day because you never know when will you have time to touch up. I heard mix feelings about this foundation but still decided to give it a try, and yes! it does stay on from 630 am to 1130 pm with makeup setting spray(all nighter from UD). And i have been crying and sweating (you know you have to walk around and get everything done if you even be a bridesmaid before).

I did try it on a regular day, and i love how one layer of this foundation give you a nature finish and the coverage can be builded up without looking cakey or feeling heavy, set it with power and setting spray and you are good to go.

i think the only down side is the package, i hate hate hate foundation that doesn't come with a pump, it just make me feel weird. But this is my HG foundation and the color range for this foundation is good :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Kestral

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff! I have tried many many different brands and this is the only one that works. It keeps me mat all day and I don't have to keep rubbing my face with my sleeves like I had to do with other products. Althought it's expensive, it's so worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by austinxbradley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

THIS FOUNDATION IS PERFECT!
I suffer with oily skin and this kept me matte ALL day!! It was well worth $36!
I usually don't spend a lot on makeup, but this, omg, perfect for my skin type.
I also suffer from blackheads and a few pimples here and there, It made my skin look poreless.
And the full coverage is beyond any liquid foundation I have ever used!
I higly suggest this for people with oily, shiney, acne prone skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by mayebear87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product did not live up to its name. It only kept me matte for about 3 hrs, which is no different than any other foundation I use. The wear was no longer than other foundations. I guess there is just nothing about this foundation that makes it stand out from others, and it's expensive. The packaging would be alright if it didn't pretty much explode foundation the first time I opened it. The first time I opened it, the foundation just came pouring out (I wasn't squeezing it, and I was holding it upright), wasting SO much of it. I will be returning this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Shelbyj1204

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Really good stuff!! I ration this foundation and only use it out on date nights because it's amazing but SO expensive!

It gives such a beautiful air-brushed look while feeling so light. I've had it work wonderfully with and without primer, because the coverage is exceptional. Love the way it looks and feels, it's a worthy investment.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by xxrocy

Did not like too drying, cakey look.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 5:52:00 AM More reviews by Pinkdansparis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dry/combo skin which is very sensitive and I generally get a few larger blemishes just so people have this as a reference. I am also VERY FAIR (NW 13 in studio fix fluid from M.A.C.)

I absolutely love the coverage, texture and wearability of this product, however it does get dry and flakey over my blemishes. When I first opened up the bottle, the foundation started squirting out everywhere which wasn't ideal. In general I find that the packaging is this products one downfall, its a soft squeezable container with a fairly open top and it is hard to control the amount of foundation that you receive.

When applying start with the tiniest amount (pea sized) and spread that out, because you only need a very tiny bit for a full coverage face.

Also, swatch this product in many different kinds of light because light can be deceiving and you may end up leaving with the wrong colour. I swatched my product as normal along my jaw line and blended down into my neck under normal sephora lighting, and ended up leaving with the shade 15, however it is just a tad bit too light, so when I do repurchase I will buy 20.

All in all the product is one of the best I have found, and the flaws are minimal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

I've had to experiment a bit with Mat Velvet to get it to really work. The first day I applied it with a sponge as I usually do other liquid foundations. Just a few hours later I had a lot of patchiness, with dry areas looking really flakey/cakey and oily areas breaking through. I almost returned my bottle. Tried it the next day with fingers, and felt I looked very unnatural, plus had the same oil breakthrough issue.

Then I watched some tutorials of people applying liquid foundation with a fuller brush -- e.g. the Sephora #56 or a small kabuki. I tried a soft mini kabuki, and WHAT A DIFFERENCE. After moisturizer, I dot a tiny amount of Mat Velvet on to ONE area of my face at a time, then blend with the mini kabuki -- mostly stippling, a bit of whisking/swirling. I think previously I had simply applied too much too heavily! I definitely have to work a section at a time because it dries so quickly, but this method is quick, looks fantastic, and uses almost NO product for quite full coverage.

Stippled on in this manner, and with a touch of setting powder (on me, all foundations need powder), it lasts half a day without any need to blot (that's very good, for me -- about the same wear I get from Revlon CS). After that, it simply changes to more of a satin than purely matte finish, but still looks fresh and smooth.

Finally, I'm thrilled with the shade match I found in this -- 15, the lightest, is almost perfect for me. It does have quite a cool/pink undertone, but because it's pale enough, it blends nicely. If it were more neutral I'd love it even more, but it's such a battle just to find something light enough that I'm satisfied.

I would get a sample if you are extremely sensitive -- I've found that if I apply it right around my eyes (which I usually don't do, because the finish is too dry for that area; I use an undereye concealer instead) they sometimes water a bit. The product has a somewhat "chemical" scent and might irritate some. So far, though, my skin is perfectly happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by violetpython4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I loved this foundation! It has an awesome wear time and controlled oil well! The best way to apply it I find is by using the beauty blender fully saturated with water and rolling n buffing it into the skin! :) it's beautiful wen set with the hd finishing powder! I also like the Laura mercier candlelight powder over to add a dewy but not oily effect due to the mattifacation