October 1, 2014 | 2164 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Alexschmidt

Hands down this is the best foundation I have ever had, matches my skin perfectly and it feels like I'm not even wearing foundation. It is a bit expensive for the size of the tube but it is worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by fychen

I bought this foundation my engagement photo shoot. It was recommended to me at Sephora. I apply thin layers until I get the desired coverage. It does cover quite full! I wore primer under this foundation. And it lasted all day and kept me free of oil. I did not want any shine on my face in photos. One thing about it though, it is a little drying and can be patchy. So, if you have dry skin... I wouldn't really recommend it. It's pricey, but it will last you a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by ahs767

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this out as a sample before committing to buy because finding foundation that a) matches my skin and b) doesn't melt off my face is nearly impossible. I had previously been using a powder foundation, but it wasn't giving me the coverage or the lasting power that I wanted.

I think I may have found my holy grail with this foundation! I had someone at Sephora do a shade match for me and I wound up sampling #25, which was a perfect match for my face. I was terrified that a liquid foundation would feel cakey and thick on my skin, but this went on so smooth and light. It's a medium to full coverage foundation, and it's very buildable. The thing that really sold me though is that 7 hours later I very little oil breakthrough in my t zone and none on the rest of my face! The little bit of oil that did manage to make it through is only enough to give my skin that "dewy" look, it's certainly not enough that someone would look at my face and say "Oh, she has oily skin."

The $42 (before taxes) price here in Canada is a bit of an ouch, but for the results I would pay it. My only other gripe is that it doesn't have a pump, but that's just a personal preference for packaging.

Overall this is a great foundation, and I'd recommend that anyone who has problems with oily skin give it a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Sturgmom

I really like the coverage of this foundation. I need medium to full without looking Carey and this foundation fits the bill. It also keeps my combination, acne-prone skin less oily and I have fewer blemishes. It dries on the skin VERY quickly so you have to blend quickly when applying. The only reason I wouldn't rebuy this product is bc even the lightest shade is too dark for my skin. Bummer, bc I really like this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by definelove

For all you oily gals out there with old acne scars, this is going to be your best friend. This is definitely a full coverage foundation, and what I like is that I don't need to apply a lot of it to get that full coverage look. It never looks cakey whatsoever, and does a fantastic job at controlling my oily t-zone area. For optimal results, I highly recommend using a brush like the Sigma F80, or the other angled one that comes with the F80 Sigmo trio (I forget the number).

It'd be nice if the foundation came with a pump of some sort, but I don't mind squeezing it out of the bottle as well. One bottle lasts a long time. I don't use foundation daily, but I suspect that everyday use would probably give you a solid year's worth of foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by makemyday01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The compliments I receive when I wear this product aren't "your makeup is so beautiful", but "your skin is so beautiful". It barely looks like I'm wearing anything at all and I'm a Bare Minerals girl, and my acne scarred skin is fully covered. I have oily, acne prone skin and this foundation works like a charm and last all day with a primer. I'm addicted.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by sammm27

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST FOUNDATIONS I HAVE EVER TRIED! I have oily skin and this literally lasts me all day, and I hardly ever have to touch it up! The only problem I have is that the color selection does not work for me:( I have to blend foundations to get the perfect color but I love everything else about this foundation so it's a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by MissBotch

Best foundation I have found for my acne-prone combination skin! It keeps my face matte for hours and I don't need primer or finishing powder. This will always be my go to if I ever have those full coverage days.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by girlndocs

I specifically did not go looking for a matte finish foundation because I wanted light to medium natural/glowy coverage. However, I had a really hard time finding a color match (very pale and neutral), plus I can't use any foundations with chemical sunscreen, so I got to the point where I was really desperate to try something, anything that might be light enough for me, and 15 Alabaster is probably the overall lightest shade that MUFE makes.

The first time I tried it on, all my doubts were confirmed: every dry patch on my face sprang out into chalky relief and I could feel the foundation sucking every last droplet of moisture out of my skin. It was a fabulous color match but I couldn't wait to wash it off.

It was when I was putting on my very heavy, sticky, oily Vanicream sunscreen that my eye fell on the Mat Velvet+ sample jar and inspiration hit. I dotted Mat Velvet+ over the sunscreen and blended it with a Beauty Blender dupe and I was blown away. Medium coverage, natural to dewy finish, great color match, my skin looked amazing, and it took the curse off the greasy finish of the Vanicream and stuck around all day!

Long story short (too late) I bought a tube and am still thrilled to death. An extra plus is how long a tube will last since I dot it on sheerly. If you're having a hard time finding a pale foundation give this a try, even if you don't want matte full coverage. Try sheering it out with moisturizer or primer, or wearing it over very rich moisturizer. You might be surprised. (UPDATE: I have also been wearing this mixed one part MV+ to two parts L'Oreal Magic Lumi Illuminating Primer, over lighter and less-greasy sunscreen. I like it very much.)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Violet999

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is nice still not doing what it supposed to do. I havent noticed much 'Matt' finish after wearing this for couple of hours. I tried it with or without a primer. Plus its Overpriced.