Philosophy The Present Clear Makeup

3.4

Water (aqua), Cyclomethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Lysozyme, Sodium Citrate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (lavender), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 4/4/2009 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

This is probably the only primer that works for me. It really hold my makeup in place. A little bit goes a long way and the tube lasts for a really long time. Plus, the primer has a lysozyme in it to keep skin clear and smooth.

on 3/23/2009 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I also had a sample size of this. First thing I do not like is the smell of lavendel. I can tolerate lavender in foot cream but not in something I put on my face skin. Also I really think it was hard to blend and it kind of peeling off when I tried to spread my foundation on. This has happened to me before with some other products also, like with Estee Lauder Idealist. I did allow it to dry even more than 2 minutes. I also felt slight uncofort maybe irritation of the product right after I put it on. I feel my face looked nicer without this product so I would not recommend this product at all.

on 2/23/2009 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I came across a sample of this today, and thought I would try it. Clear make-up? Well, why not? It BURNS my skin! My face feels like I have a mild sunburn. No one has seen me yet today wearing this, so the jury is still out on how it looks (I can never tell myself), but I hate it already. It is going to have to turn me into Angelina before I spend money on this, though.

on 2/21/2009 7:57:00 PM

I bought this while I was traveling last summer and used it for just a week or two. It holds my foundation powder well and makes my skin feel soft, but also brings out every flake on the sides of my cheeks. I also notice that my super-sensitive combination skin turns red and even a bit itchy when I first put it on.

I would recommend this to non-sensitive normal skin types looking for a primer to use under moderate-to-heavy coverage powder foundation. It is non-oily and leaves a soft, matte feeling. But I do NOT recommend to very sensitive skin types, people looking for makeup-less coverage, or people priming for a liquid foundation.

on 1/28/2009 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I need to start this by saying that I don't like the idea of a PRE foundation anything...just too time consuming for me.
But, did I think this product was good? Yes. I did. Not life changing results, but ok.
It DOES got on thick if you're not careful. You only need a small amount or it will cake up and leave white spots on your face.

on 1/18/2009 11:31:00 AM

This is not clear makeup at all, it's a primer. It provides no coverage whatsoever. It's ok if you use it sparingly and apply the Supernatural Airbrushed Canvas or another powder-type foundation over it. If you apply too much, it will dry white and chalky, and liquid foundations don't do well over the top of this product (they seem to gum up as the Present Clear is not totally absorbed by your skin... it sits on top of it). It has a nice lavender fragrance but it's expensive, and I don't like it enough to repurchase more.

on 1/4/2009 2:27:00 PM

I've noticed with Philosophy products that they tend to sell many of the same products but rename them. For instance, the ingredients listed are exactly the same for The Present as the On a Clear Day protection cream! Both work the same, just different names! Anyway, on to my review. I used this as a primer and worked ok, it's pretty thick and heavy, so needless to say it clogged my pores. Same with on a clear day cream, I stopped using both and that helped my skin some. I was hoping for better from Philosophy, they are so well known. I was surprised to see reviews on their products are not so great. I wish I would've found MUA sooner before wasting all the money I have on worthless products!

on 1/1/2009 5:22:00 PM

I like this. I tend to wear it under foundation, as a primer rather than as a 'clear makeup' but when my skin is really behaving, I may go with this over HIAJ and just go out like that. It's got a thick lotion texture and goes on smoothly. It doesn't glob up on my foundation brush which I appreciate. A lot of primers that I use build up on my brush giving me an uneven appearance. This has a gentle lavender smell, a delicate smell. It does smooth out my skin, minimizes pores, but doesn't fill in wrinkles - I don't think it's thick enough. I don't have a problem with breaking out with this, or any other Philosophy product so it all depends on skin chemistry. I don't find any long-term effects - good or bad. Love that it's in a tube.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is an okay product, nothing special i've used better & i've used worse. My main grip is that this breaks me out, at first i thought it was just me but im getting acne on places on my face that i never get them, for example my chin and the side of my cheeks. Alot of people don't like the smell, but i LOVE the smell i find it soothing, when it comes to my oily skin this doesn't help keep ollies at bay at all, but it does seem to minimize some pores not all but some. I find it to be more of an enviormental protection product than anything else. Over all if this didn't break me out i would re-purchase mainly because i like the smell & it does make my face awful soft.

on 12/12/2008 11:40:00 AM

I absolutely love this!! At first, I was annoyed because it caused my face to look flaky in some spots, but then I decided to apply a light moisturizer under it. I let the moisturizer set for about 2 minutes and then I apply The Present. This works wonderfully. My face feels so smooth, and it keeps a matte finish all day when I use this. I don't wear a foundation so this is the best thing ever invented for those of us that want a smooth, matte appearance without having to pile on makeup. I befriended the Philosophy consultant at Nordstrom, and she gave me 10 deluxe samples of this, but I will definitely purchase the full size bottle without hesitation. Some people consider this expensive, but there are many primers that cost more and you have to wear those with foundation because thats when they perform best. But with The Present I ask you, "Why pay more for ordinary, when you can pay less for extraordinary?" Philosophy is my company of choice for now. Run out and purchase this!! LOL

Popular Primer/ Correctors