July 22, 2014 | 2363 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Enzyme Cleansing Gel

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2010 9:43:00 AM More reviews by bennodalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I thought this cleanser would be amazing after looking at the ingredients. However, I came to realize that it was the culprit of my breakouts - left me with big red pimples whenever I used this. I like that the cleanser is non drying but could not deal with the breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by renaissancegirl

This didn't give me any impressive results during the first couple of weeks but now that I have been using it for several months, I realize that I really do like it. I am sensitive to scents and this one came off a bit strong at first (even though it doesn't seem to have "fragrance" on the ingredient list) but I got used to it quickly enough. It's quite gentle - It never irritated or broke out my sensitive skin. I use it by itself to gently cleanse in the morning and with my Clarisonic Mia to remove my makeup in the night. It gets my face squeaky clean without stripping it of moisture or building up on my skin. Overall my skin is quite healthy these days. A word of caution though - this is not foaming cleanser. If you are used to bubbly surfactants, you may not feel "clean" using this type of cleanser (which is how I felt when I first used cream/gel cleansers) but I urge you to give it a shot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

I really like this cleanser. I use it in the morning for a gentle wash that won't strip my skin of moisture or leave it irritated. I got a 8oz bottle for about £11 which I don't think is too bad. This is a non-foaming cleanser but leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh. Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin or break me out. The papaya extract gives mild exfoliation and has an added bonus of skin whitening effects, something which I actively look for in skin care products. Love that the ingredients list is minimal with nothing nasty it in it. I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this cleanser for my Combo Skin with Hormonal breakouts, it's just what I was looking for. Minimal ingredients, soothing, removes makeup like a charm. No it does not foam, so your not going to get that squeaky clean feeling, but it does not strip you skin. One of the biggest mistakes I see with people who are more oily and combo is the tendency to want to strip all the oils out of their skin. All this does is make your skin secrete even more oil. You want to balance your skin, not dry it out. So this cleanser is perfect!

I use a quarter size amount on dry skin..yes, dry Skin!!! Rub it in for about 40 seconds to a minute, letting the enzymes work. The I take a little water and rub in again and rinse. I am using the Glycolic Toner from MB afterward or if my face is Dry, I use the Aloe toner. Always use a toner ladies. You may think they are not necessary, but they balance the Ph of your skin, which is important to good skin health. Too acidic or too alkaline is going to either make you dry and wrinkled or breakout.

I think this cleanser is good for the value, I can't see myself buying this more than twice a year (8oz bottle). I also like the fresh smell, it;'s not overwhelming, just clean smelling.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by mixedgreens

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have hit-or-miss luck with MB products, and this was definitely a miss. I don't think this cleanser agreed with my skin - it left my face dry and tight and irritated my skin after a week or so of use. I used this as a teenager without any problems, and my skin is drier and more sensitive now, so that may be why I don't like it anymore. I wish I liked it though, because the smell is mild, I love the packaging, and you don't need to use much product to clean your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by lizkr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this cleanser. I've used it for over 2 years, which, being as fickle as i am with skin care, is nothing short of a miracle. I began using this after a round of Kiehl's Herbal Blue to combat pimples. It is soothing, non-irritating, doesn't dry out your skin and removes all my make-up (although i don't wear loads of it). People seem to be complaining about the smell, it isn't a beautiful smell but it isn't disgusting either. I think the lack of a brilliant smell just shows you how gentle and non-toxic this cleanser is for your skin.
I would recommend this to people who have dry, slightly irritated skin.
It isn't outrageously expensive but a bottle lasts me a whole year (washing twice a day) which i think is very cost effective.
I only gave it 4 stars however due to the fact that the label always washes off and it becomes a completely label-less bottle which is quite annoying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by joccee

What is claims: The non-foaming, gel cleanser thoroughly removes the day’s make-up, dirt and oil without drying the skin. Papaya and Grapefruit Extracts are exfoliating Alpha Hydroxy Acids that help prevent dulling build-up that can cause blackheads and pimples. It is also stated as their "Best Selling Daily Cleanser" on MB website.

Is it true? ---

I use it once a day, at night and I have been using it for at least 2 months now. This cleanser DOES NOT FOAM at all. So, users who prefer foaming face cleanser, this is not for you. This is very similar to Avene Gentle Gel Cleanser, which does not foam too. (I adore both very much.)

I also noticed that this cleanser does get a little warm when you rub it between your hands. I'm not sure what is it that makes it warm. It's just weird and special like this.. I am very sure it is definitely not from the warmth in my palms or because I rubbed it too long. The cleanser itself warm up within seconds, amazing.. :) And honestly, I quite like that feeling especially when weather is a little colder now. But most importantly, it does not break me out as I have sensitive skin :)

PROS:
- only need a pea size amount for the entire face
- cleanser gives off a nice scent which does not break my face out.
- I noticed that it does help breaks off the dead skin on your face when I rub it in with little pressure when I feel like my face is 'heavy' with loose/flakey skin.
- Somewhat acts like an exfoliator but more gentle and mild than those face scrub which contain beads..
- Hygienic nozzle packaging

CONS:
- none for me at the moment

My skin type: Combination, oily t-zone and cheeks are prior to drying/flaking if too much harsh products are used.

Ingredients: BaDeionized Water (Aqua),Glycerin,Papaya (Carica Papaya Fruit) Extract,Grapefruit (Citrus Grandis Fruit) Extract,Monomide,Triethanolamine,Methylparaben

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 5:26:00 AM More reviews by Jazzy1354

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product! For me this cleanser is very good for removing makeup, lightly cleansing your face in the mornings, clearing my acne, and brightening my skin. I use this cleanser both in the morning and night. At night I use this before the Mario badescu glycolic cleanser, and in the morning I use it on its own just to lightly cleanse the skin. This cleanser is amazing, it definitely has played a part in clearing up my acne and keeping it away. I actually started my sister on this cleanser who is also acne prone and this is one of the only cleanser she will use! My acne before was BAD, white heads, red pimples and cycstic acne, and this definitely has helped clear it. Now I get compliments on how clear my skin is! This cleanser could work on virtually anyone's skin, it is very light, doesn't suds up and just gently washes the skin. It may be pricey to some ($12.00 for 8 oz) but this cleanser last me about 5-6 months and that is with using it twice daily. Bottom line I would recommend this product to everyone but especially those who just want a light non-stripping cleanser!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2010 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Daisy100

i almost never break out. but this gave me bumps all over my cheeks and forehead. not a good product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by darkharbour

Oh, this is great. So soothing and yet it cleans thoroughly. I barely need to moisturize. Lovely soft herbal scent. A little goes a LONG way.