October 1, 2014 | 1330 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Magnif'Eyes Eye Magnifier Eye Opening

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2008 2:18:00 AM More reviews by ktb8293

Alright, I bought this during a BOGOF at ULTA and was not impressed from start to finish.

1. The brush is like non-existant. I couldnt understand it at all. Very flimsy with so few short stubby bristles. How is that suppose to get onto my lashes. It seemed like I was applying mascara with a stick.

2. Clumping - OMG - now keep in mind that I am a mascara ho and love to apply layers of mascara. The color payoff was great but to get the thickness I want was almost impossible. Thank goodness for my metal eyelashcomb; without it I would not be able to get them apart.

3. Dryness - it was so dry feeling. When I would just touch my lashes with my finger it felt like dried up mud on my lashes. It was just yucky feeling.

But the only good thing is that it is truly black in color and that's important for me.

Sorry I will not repurchase this even with a BOGOF.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2008 10:08:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find this to be like Lash Exact AT ALL, other than the fact that I like them both. I got this during a BOGO on the entire line of Rimmel at Walgreens. I really think this is a good mascara. It doesn't curl, but it definitely darkens, lengthens and separates. I have no trouble at all with clumping. The wand is long, so I have an easy time applying it, though it's a little flimsy (deduct a lippie). Sometimes, as I'm putting it in the tube, it bends a little, but no biggie.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2008 12:16:00 AM More reviews by penguinshooray

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think I would actually give this a 3.5. I bought it on a whim because I needed new mascara and I only had so much money on me. The brush is kind of weird, it's like a stiff plastic Lash Exact. At first I didn't like it very much, it didn't seem to do much for my already long lashes, and I guess I wasn't taking it all off because I would wake up in the morning with grey eyes (although it might be my eyeliner, not sure). But then I tried it after curling my eyelashes and oh my goodness! My eyelashes were pretty long! Also, it didn't clump which is always good. I'd say it's a decent daytime mascara, although I'm still hunting for the perfect drugstore mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2008 3:27:00 AM More reviews by kalisaen

I was actually pleasantly surprised by this product. As of the moment, it is my HG (drugstore) mascara! I use it hand-in-hand with my Shiseido eyelash curler and it does wonders. You have to make sure to make a quick "wiggle" motion when you apply it or else it kills your curl. But that goes for all mascara in general I think? The way you put it on is key! I'm sure if I just swiped it on it wouldn't make such a difference.

I've added a picture of it so you ladies can see what it looks like on me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2008 4:12:00 PM More reviews by chessie_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was initially delighted with this product. It has a fabulous brush (which I'll definitely save to use with my other mascaras), goes on easily without clumping, looks natural, and alleviates the need to use an eyelash curler. So, all in all, I was a happy camper.

I wear soft contact lenses and I don't rub my eyes alot. But, I was sitting in a meeting and had a minor itch. Rubbed my eye gently. The end. Except that I noticed that I was getting some VERY peculiar looks. I shrugged the looks off and tried to concentrate on the issue at hand. When the meeting was over I hit the ladies room. OMG OMG OMG. I looked like a one-eyed Rocky Raccoon!!! Of course, some non waterproof mascaras have a tendency to smudge if you rub your eyes. But this wasn't a smudge. It looked like I had taken a super thick black grease crayon and drew under my eye with it; sort of like what you see on football players who put that stuff under their eyes to reduce glare. I was shocked because it wasn't as if I had on 3 coats of mascara. I still can't figure out where it all came from. It doesn't really matter though.

Because I was so pleased with the initial results, I decided to give the stuff another try before giving up on it. Same thing happened, although the second time, I don't recall having rubbed my eyes at all.

What a shame. I wonder if they make a waterproof version of this and if it would perform any better. It's cheap enough, and I has happy enough with the initial results that I'd be willing to take a chance if they do. But I consider this product to be unusable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2008 2:33:00 PM More reviews by gunjee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As I was wandering aimlessly through Kmart, I noticed Rimmel was 40% off and since I could use a new mascara for the car (at home I have Max Factor Volume Couture, which is okay but not HG status so I wanted to give this a try sometime). Wow, it really lengthens with just one coat! I'm used to double coating while still wet with my other mascaras, so I did this and it clumped a little, so really one coat is enough. My lashes are naturally long, so this caused them to look very dramatic. I usually go for a natural look, which I get with the Volume Couture (even though their brushes are very similar. It must be the formulas that differ), or with my previous mascara Full n' Soft, so I wouldn't buy this one again, but I'll keep using this. After this dried and my lashes were touching the lenses of my glasses, I decided to push my lashes down a little to make them less dramatic and it worked okay. Flaked a little bit when I did that, but then my lashes weren't as stiff as they would have been if I left them up like that looking like falsies.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2008 4:55:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I, like most women, am a mascara junkie - always searching for "the one" ... so far, I don't think I have found "the one" but this one is pretty nice. Much better than the last three stinkers I have bought (Diorshow, Tarte, and MAC). OK, I am not cheap. I love high end stuff and I will pay for it if it is good but I am really beginning to form the opinion that all high end mascaras are a total waste of money. The last 3 cheap drugstore brands that I have bought were all pretty good, including this one (also CG Lash Blast and Maybelline Volume Express) ... certainly better than the above mentioned high-end mascaras. I love the brush with this one ... it gets in there and grabs on pretty well. Lasts, no smears, and no raccoon eyes. I would probably buy it again and that says alot because I rarely re-purchase anything (too much stuff to try).
Overall, a good buy and a good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2008 11:53:00 PM More reviews by lemon_rosebud

One product I am obsessed with is mascara (as are most women) goes without saying that if I do nothing else - I curl my lashes and put on some mascara. While this product is nice, cheap and effective, it doesn't wow me. I do love that my lashes come out clean and fresh, it doesn't clump (I apply a second coat while the first one is still wet) but they don't seem fuller - which is what I like in a good mascara. I use this on the days when I'm not going to be doing much make up wise and just want a clean look.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2008 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Dancer411

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
* It makes them thick.

Cons:
* Clumps a lot.
* Eyelashes look clumpy and not clean.
* Not evenly coated.

Won't be using again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2008 12:20:00 PM More reviews by pinkdiamonds29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Rimmel Eye Magnifier, oh how I wished it was love. When I first saw this at WalMart, I just had to get it. The marketing propaganda immediately drew me in. I mean, 70% lift?! Now that's what I'm talkin about. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case at all. The brush seems like the ancient pre-cursor to the Lash Exact brush, they were on the right track, but it just wasn't right. Midly clumpy and the formula was a bit dry, which I'm not really a fan of in mascara. Packaging was unique, black and red metallic lettering with a slightly slanted red cap. I wouldn't recommend.
Price: $6.99USD