MAC Technakohl in Graphblack

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated olive oil stearyl esters, polyethylene, polybutene, silica silylate, candelilla wax, octyldodecanol, microcrystalline wax, theobroma grandiflorum seed butter, sodium hyaluronate, zinc gluconate, magnesium aspartate, tocopheryl nicotinate, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, water, copper gluconate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain: Mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, aluminum powder, bismuth oxychloride, black 2, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium olive breens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this product. It does a pretty darn good job at staying put. I usually use it to line my upper lashline every single day. I would definitely recommend it. I've already repurchased it twice.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

So i was looking for a good waterline safe eyeliner after i lost my old drugstore one and i saw a review on youtube by juicystar07 saying this was a good eyeliner and waterliner safe. so i went to mac and got this in black since its the color i wear everyday and its not terrible, but not great. it does last a while maybe an hour or so but then starts to fade and it smudges a bit. i do love that its a twisty liner cause i hate sharpening my liners. I would buy again but i might try the other eyeliners by mac 1st before i decide if its really worth it or not.

I was on the lookout for an eyeliner that had good staying power on the waterline since I wasn't very pleased with my Clinique cream shaper. I read the reviews on here for all the black eyeliners by MAC, since I think it is, of course, a very good brand.
After reading these reviews, I went to the mall with my friend and bought this at around 12 p.m. As soon as I purchased it, I immediately applied to my waterline. I liked how it was pretty pigmented, and didn't pull or tug on my eye, yet it wasn't really creamy, like the UD 24/7 Glide on pencils.
Anyways, when I left the mall and arrived at home around 5 p.m., I noticed that my eyeliner had faded on the outer corners of my waterline and was starting to fade in the middle as well. Considering the fact that I was moving around to and fro in the mall, and that I live in the hot, hot Arizona sun, I think this pencil had a fairly good amount of staying power.
The reason why I am giving this product only three lippies is because I recently purchased an Ulta-brand Automatic Eyeliner in Black which is identical to the MAC Technakohl in Graphblack.
They both have the same amount of product, same packaging, same color payoff, same staying power, and they are both retractable eyeliners.
But here's the sad thing..
I paid $14.50 + plus tax for my MAC eye pencil.
I paid $1.00 + plus tax for my Ulta eye pencil.

This is one of the best eye liners for the waterline. It stays reasonably well (usually around 4 hours) without having to re-apply. It is definately the best out of the other MAC eye pencils for the waterline. It is easy to apply, with a wind up casing (no sharperning required). If i really want my waterline liner to stay for a long period of time i usually use the Fluidline gel liner with a brush, but if i want something quick and easy i'll use the Technakohl.

This is a great eyeliner especially for those who wear their eyeliner on the inside rather than the outside of their eyes. I wear it on my waterline so it is one of my HG ones because it stays there all day. It has a great twist top which hasn't broken for me so far and I use it a lot. I usually prefer grey liners as I am fairly pale but this one works for me. I prefer a natural look so I don't cake it on. In short its a great product - there is better products out there IMO, but the ones that I prefer better than this are all liquid eyeliners. In terms of crayons this is my fave so far.
Definitely worth the buy and will likely repurchase :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have most (if not all) of MAC's black liners. As far as waterlining, i'd say this one is prob the better one. I use Phone Number along my lower lash line and Graphblack to waterline, looks stunning. But like most said you will need to set it with eyeshadow. I may just use engraved powerpoint as a base and put graphblack on top and see if that works.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Found this at the CCO for $10 and I really love this on my waterline. However, after a week of using this, I somehow got the lid stuck,pulled too hard, then it somehow broke, but luckily, the product is still there, but I just can't close the lid. Not a fan of the packaging so I don't think I'd be purchasing again, I'm really happy with MAC's engraved powerpoint, Blacktrack, and Feline kohl power.

I like this liner because it would actually stay on my waterline. Other than that if it didnt have the MAC name attached to it, I wouldnt have repurchased it. There are liners out there that are cheaper that will give the same affect.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I looove this eyeliner!
I've been wearing liner on my 'waterline' even before I wore it up on my top lid...anyway with that being said - I was waiting for a good eyeliner that actually remained on my waterline for more than an hour.

This liner def. does that. It goes on pretty smooth and I love that its one of the twist-up packages.
Nice and bold black and I can go as thin or as thick as I want.

I'm on my 3rd one...I hear UD 24/7 is good for waterlines too, I may try that next - but the technakohl is working really great for me so I'm happy.

EDIT - I moved this down to 4 lippies because my latest stick started randomly CRUMBLING! I mean it is pretty old...but still, I have other pencils older than it and have never experienced it crumbling off in big chunks on my lash line.

great texture, creamy, no skin tugging, intense color. i have oily skin and it just doesn't have staying power for me. great for smudging. not for sharp, thin lines. it's comparable to clinique quickliner