Chanel Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

3.7

on 11/2/2009 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Though this doesn't give me the extremely dramatic look I usually prefer in a mascara, it really has a beautiful overall effect. My lashes look lush and fanned out and separated. They appear soft, which seems unusual. And for the record, I'm not opposed to stiff lashes as long as they still look good. But this is definitely a nice change of pace. I would say that this gives much more length than it does volume.

The wand gets every lash without a lot of effort on my part. I dislike having to deal with thick or overly large mascara wands, so this one is very appealing. It's tapered and more slender than most of the rubber variety. Manages to get all the small inner corner lashes.

I love that this actually can hold a curl, and the slightly glossy finish is also great. My only complaint would be that it does take me several coats to get an intense look. But I would probably end up applying several coats regardless since I like dramatic eyelashes. Everything else is lovely. I wouldn't choose this as my HG of mascaras, but it's absolutely one of the best I've tried.

on 10/5/2009 7:53:00 PM

One of my favorite mascaras for everyday use. It legthens the lashes nicely without "clumping" them too much. I like the plastic brush on it.

on 9/28/2009 10:57:00 AM

I alternate Chanel Inimitable Mascara with Dior Iconic Mascara. I love the brush of both mascaras. Chanel Inimitable Mascara has nice rubber comb/brush that really separate and length my lashes. It does not add volume/thickness, but I am OK with that since I don't want clumps. I found this mascara to work the best without using any base or primer. When I used it with mascara primers (smashbox, lancome..etc.), it will actually clumps. The staying power is descent althought not waterproof.
I also like how the lashes remain soft and hydrated when using this mascara. Some mascaras make the lashes into hard/stiff spikes which I really hate.
I will be using Inimitable for a while unless I find something else better than this. Price is more on the expensive size (USD 30).

on 9/20/2009 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Okay, so I've used this product before, when it first came out. I FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS PRODUCT. It lengthened, curled, and filled my eyelashes. Everything I could ask for! I decided to try less expensive mascaras since it is kinda pricey but I couldn't find anything. I recently bought it again but a whole different experience came about. It did length my lashes but left them sooo thin. Another bad thing was that it weighed down my lashes, making my eyelashes straight. No curl whatsoever. Plus, I have naturally straight lashes. I still don't understand why this mascara went from a 5 to a basic 0. I wouldn't highly recommend it but hopefully you get a lucky tube of mascara like I did in the beginning!

on 9/4/2009 7:07:00 AM

I do like this - but at 28 a tube it is very expensive. It give my sparse lashes amazing length and volume along with intense colour.I sometimes have problems with smudging but i havent found a mascara that this doesnt happen with. I love the elegant tube it comes in....it is a fantastic mascara but honestly i think its too expensive for me to purchase again - i use it daily so i will see how long the tube lasts/formula stays useable & maybe a re-purchase could be on the cards!

Of note i think the rubber spiked wands deliver much better lash coverage with less clumps - this mascara has such a wand...could be due to the brush rather than a superior formula. *shrugs*EDIT: i reduced this to one lipstick - this smudges constantly. Such a rip off.I threw my tube in the bin.

on 8/27/2009 4:01:00 PM

This is an amazing mascara to use for everyday wear. It is a bit pricey but if you can afford it definitly pick this up! It didn't give me really dramatic lashes after 1 coat but I was okay with that cause I hate spidery tarantula lashes. It is my new favorite mascara!

on 8/27/2009 10:10:00 AM

I got a free sample of this. It lengthens and separates my lashes nicely but I expected a lot more from Chanel, it does the same job as the Maxfactor mascaras. For the price, its just not worth me buying when I can get a much cheaper product to the same job.

on 8/17/2009 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't understand what all the hype about this mascara is about. I have short sparse asian lashes and the Inimitable separates my lashes without clumping and gives me a nice fanned out look. However, it does not give me dramatic volume or length and it flakes like no tomorrow at the end of the day. I prefer the false lash effect which I get from DiorShow. This is just an average mascara and definitely not worth the price tag. In fact, it gives the same results and has the same brush as CoverGirl's VolumeExact. The only thing I liked about this is the beautiful packaging.

on 7/18/2009 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this mascara. I have it in brown and use it everyday (I also love YSL Faux Cils but that is a bit too much for everyday use). It lengthens and volumises my very thin and short eyelashes.

on 6/29/2009 11:31:00 PM

I used to love this product, but I think they have changed the formula. I have naturally curly lashes and this straightens them. In addition, it really irritates my eyes.