July 28, 2014 | 2043 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dr Feelgood

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by ChaiMeUp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this product this morning, and I hate it so much!

It was a free product (I work in the media), and I would never ever pay for it!

I used That Gal primer first (not very impressed by that either), then my foundation (Armani, lovely stuff). I then tried to pat on the balm over the top, as in the package instructions.

It totally wiped all my make-up off! Ended up washing my face and starting again. Not sure wear I would bother wearing this, even by itself or as a base, and the sponge is a shitty, germ harbouring idea.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 5:44:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I got this as part of a pack with Benetint and the Badgal mascara. It was an awesome price for the pack and I heard good things about Dr Feelgood but it didn't live up to the expectations.
It sat on my skin and slipped right off, along with any makeup I used on top of it. Maybe because the foundation was water based where as this product is not. Still, I didn't like how it sat on the skin as i felt like it was sweating and the like between the product and the skin. It goes on matte but I find that my skin gets oily especially on the sides of my nose and forehead within 10-15 minutes.
It comes in a tin. I am never a fan of things that comes in a tub due to hygiene reasons!
The sponge it comes with isn't very good and gets dirty quite easily.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by mittensdontgrowontrees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was given Dr Feelgood as a gift when I was just getting into department store cosmetics a few years ago. It sticks in my mind as being utterly rubbish.

I liked the tin, and the product smelled pleasant, but the positives end there. I found the sponge got quickly grubby and wasn't worth including. Using my fingers I found the product difficult to manipulate and was only able to apply tiny bit by tiny bit at a time which was frustrating. It did nothing for me. Pointless.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by loveirene19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

this one is useless. It does give a smooth feel on my face but that's all. It cannot control shining of the face. it really makes me disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by CPBraswell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this originally because of the way it went on my skin- so silky! When I went home I realized it wasn't one of my most necessary products considering a cheap drugstore finishing powder does just fine for me.

I use it on occasion, on days I don't wear much makeup but want my skin to still feel smooth. But I have found a little secret with this product-- It's a really great alternative to eye primers like Urban's Primer Potion. I ran out of my primer potion one day and realized that Dr. Feelgood actually feels similar to it.

And So I tried it, no creasing on my lids and it made my eyeshadow pigment deeper....not to mention there's an ungodly amount more product in Dr. Feelgood than the Primer Potion if you think about it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Bindi7

I used this as a primer for a couple of years and it worked well. I wore it on holiday and it kept my make up on in high heat! The ladies on holiday with me were so impressed that they all bought it when we got back to the UK!!! Here's my lowdown on the product:

Good - lovely base for make up to glide on, soothes skin, mattifies skin, skin feels like velvet, make up lasts longer.

Not so good - funny smell, almost wax like texture puts you off applying to your face! Sponge application is not hygienic as the sponge gets full of dirt - yuck.

Overall i did really like this product but stopped using it when i started trying other primers which had a nicer texture whilst still controlling oil. Worth trying.
*Update*

I have started using this again and it is amazing.... I use it as a primer, but also to refresh my make up if i have to touch up my make up without having to re-do my foundation again. It is so velvety and mattifying on the skin. I will continue using this until the winter i think.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by mrssarahturner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love Benefit products, but this is dreadful. It did absolutely nothing and was very expensive. Completely disappointing unfortunately.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2010 5:59:00 AM More reviews by LizziBizzi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I personally think this product feels lovely on my skin - it's not heavy, doesn't break me out, and makes my skin feel really smooth. Sadly, that's where the positives stop. I don't think this makes any discernable difference to how well my makeup goes on or stays on. If anything, it makes my pores slightly more visible, as opposed to minimizing them. If it doesn't do the job it's supposed to do, then it's fairly pointless. The 'Benebabe' that sold this to me said you could also apply this on top of your foundation to set it (I still remember my skepticism, even though this was several years ago). After having no success with it as a primer, I tried her suggestion in desperation, but all it did was drag my makeup all over my skin and make a mess of it.
The tin also rusts and seizes up after a while. I threw mine out after a few months because I literally couldn't get it open, no matter what I tried. I considered taking a can opener to it, but since it's not much of a product anyway, I decided not to bother and just chucked it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by LCMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I usually love benefit and find that their products are very well packaged and of a very high quality, but this really let me down. It's why too drying and made my foundation go on all patchy.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2010 5:51:00 AM More reviews by ciaranicole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have used this primer for the past 2 years and it does pretty well to fill in the skin, to let your foundation lay smoother. Yet doesn't help with the shine or oil throughout the day. Would use it throughout the day to blot out the shine. But pretty much over it, probably better to fill in lines and help with light oil.