April 23, 2014 | 1401 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dr Feelgood

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Bindi7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this as a primer for a couple of years and it worked well. I wore it on holiday and it kept my make up on in high heat! The ladies on holiday with me were so impressed that they all bought it when we got back to the UK!!! Here's my lowdown on the product:

Good - lovely base for make up to glide on, soothes skin, mattifies skin, skin feels like velvet, make up lasts longer.

Not so good - funny smell, almost wax like texture puts you off applying to your face! Sponge application is not hygienic as the sponge gets full of dirt - yuck.

Overall i did really like this product but stopped using it when i started trying other primers which had a nicer texture whilst still controlling oil. Worth trying.
*Update*

I have started using this again and it is amazing.... I use it as a primer, but also to refresh my make up if i have to touch up my make up without having to re-do my foundation again. It is so velvety and mattifying on the skin. I will continue using this until the winter i think.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by mrssarahturner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love Benefit products, but this is dreadful. It did absolutely nothing and was very expensive. Completely disappointing unfortunately.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2010 5:59:00 AM More reviews by LizziBizzi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I personally think this product feels lovely on my skin - it's not heavy, doesn't break me out, and makes my skin feel really smooth. Sadly, that's where the positives stop. I don't think this makes any discernable difference to how well my makeup goes on or stays on. If anything, it makes my pores slightly more visible, as opposed to minimizing them. If it doesn't do the job it's supposed to do, then it's fairly pointless. The 'Benebabe' that sold this to me said you could also apply this on top of your foundation to set it (I still remember my skepticism, even though this was several years ago). After having no success with it as a primer, I tried her suggestion in desperation, but all it did was drag my makeup all over my skin and make a mess of it.
The tin also rusts and seizes up after a while. I threw mine out after a few months because I literally couldn't get it open, no matter what I tried. I considered taking a can opener to it, but since it's not much of a product anyway, I decided not to bother and just chucked it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by LCMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I usually love benefit and find that their products are very well packaged and of a very high quality, but this really let me down. It's why too drying and made my foundation go on all patchy.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2010 5:51:00 AM More reviews by ciaranicole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have used this primer for the past 2 years and it does pretty well to fill in the skin, to let your foundation lay smoother. Yet doesn't help with the shine or oil throughout the day. Would use it throughout the day to blot out the shine. But pretty much over it, probably better to fill in lines and help with light oil.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by soulfemme

so i tried this for the first time when i was in early high school when my skin was combination, oiliness in the t-zone with surface acne, normal cheeks with no acne. it worked fine- filled in the odd pore, made my skin look more even-textured overall. i could've lived without the weird is-it-oily-or-isn't- it texture on my skin (which was a problem with foundation), but overall it did the trick.

fast-forward to now, 8 years later, and my skin is much oilier and more break-out prone (i know, fate has been most unkind in the skin type arena for me as the years have gone on). the saleswoman assured me that the formula wouldn't be too overwhelming for my oiliness/sensitivity and that it would be perfect for hiding my pores, just as it'd been all those years ago.

WRONG. whoever says silicone just "sits" on your skin and doesn't eventually sink in as any other product must is either very lucky or just isn't as unlucky as me. it broke me out, just slid around the surface of my skin as if bound by no obligation to do its job, and messed up my foundation. i think at a lower price this would be much more forgivable, but anything that gives me this much grief at over $10 is a complete travesty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 4:10:00 AM More reviews by Tit4Tat

Tough crowd in here, I almost feel intimidated posting ^_^ I got this for free as a friend of mine works for BeneFit and she always gives me the goodies for free and I was very skeptical of wearing something so gunky on my obscenely sensitive and acne prone skin, but vanity took over as I really fell for the idea of hiding my golf-ball pores. First things first, toss that useless sponge, it's just going to harbour bacteria which is more likely to make you break out than the actual product as it is silicone and will just sit on the surface, all you need is your go-to cleanser to remove it properly. I use clean fingers or a disposable sponge although I prefer my fingers as the warmth created by friction melts it into my skin better. After several times of trial and error I realized that
a) you do not rub it in like foundation, you press it in, literally filling the pores
b) you don't wear it over makeup as the ingredients may not mesh well together, maybe it works well with BeneFit foundations, I don't know, never tried
c) you can wear it alone without foundation, if all you want is a poreless look for the day
d) you need very little of the product and I mean very little. A drop-sized scoop is enough to cover my entire cheek area

All you need to do is gently buff it out with a sponge after pressing in and you're good to go! I am not a fan of the medicinal scent of it but I can live with it and unfortunately this was the only pore filler I've ever tried so I can't give it a fair comparison to anything else but I managed to make it work for me, no break outs, no sliding, just feels odd on my skin as I barely ever apply foundation, let alone fillers but if you can nail the silly application technique and put up with the smell all day, because you can smell it on your own face, then you can make it work. Personally, I don't think it's a necessary thing to have in your make up case but given it didn't cause any trouble, I award it 4 lippies and just 1 lippy for the price as I didn't purchase it, but I am pretty sure the cost alone isn't worth the fuss. I wouldn't pay for it.
UPDATE: Wore it on it's own again, without any foundation. Completely forgot about it, like an idiot and fell asleep without washing it off. It's been over a week, no breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

Horrible product - over 800 reviews and barely 2.5 lippies. That surely tells you something, right? On my normal/combo skin this stuff makes me greasy and makes me break out like CRAZY. Big cystic under the skin spots that take ages to go away. The texture is wax like and turns a little powdery once in contact with the skin. It feels thick and heavy on my face. Doesn't make MU last longer and doesn't control oil. Also, sometimes it would ball up if I put certain MU over it. WTF is the point? I do love the smell though, it's like a soft lemon. Yummy!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by MNohreally

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this because the benefit sales reps told me it would help smoothing and refining my skin texture after make up.

It does not work for me.

If i wear this before make up, my make up wouldn't go on smoothly.
If i wear this after make up, it would form clumps with the foundation and concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by channelfloral

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin and my local Benefit bar said that this would help combat and control the amount of oil, and thus making my makeup wear longer.

This, unfortunately was not what happened.
The texture, as you know, is a wax, but when applied to the skin (with the included sponge) it has a very powdery texture to it, and felt heavy.

Once I applied my regular liquid foundation and concealer, it did not go on as smoothly as I'd anticipated, and I found it very hard to blend.
The lady at Benefit also told me I could use this over makeup, and though I did not want to, I gave it a go, and as expected, it wiped off all my makeup.

Dr Feelgood did not combat oil, and my makeup was no different, it just felt heavier.

Do no buy this product if you have oily skin.

LC