BeneFit Cosmetics Dr Feelgood

2.4

Corn Starch Modified, Diethylene Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isosteryl Meopentanoate, Silica, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Tridecyl Trimelitate, Diethylene Glycol Diisononanoate, Chamomile (Anthemis Nobili) Flower Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Ascorbyl Palmitate

on 12/3/2010 10:21:00 PM

It did absolutely nothing for me, except for the fact that it clogged my pores? Somehow, I got suckered into purchasing this by a pushy sales person who said it was "amazing". I ended up using maybe a third of it before I came to the realization that it was pointless to put on! Definitely never repurchasing this again!

on 11/24/2010 6:36:00 PM

not working on me at all...

on 11/16/2010 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

it does gives you skin a touch of moist. i use it before my foundation, it has a strange smell. but the product last for ever.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

ETA: Alrighty, after reading the other reviews here I have decided to give the good Doctor one last -ditch chance to wow me. Both to A) Make sure this product just isn't for me and B) To be sure it isn't an operator error.

From what I can tell, this seems to be better suited to oilier skin and zones. For me that is my eyelids. Since the product is fairly stiff in the tin I decided to take a clean toothpick and stir it up, whipping it into a sort of heavy night cream consistency. I liked it much better that way. I dabbed a small amount on each lid and blended/patted it around with an applicator sponge. I blended until I didn't feel the waxiness as much. Then I applied my eyeshadow the way I normally do and I have to admit it helped keep it in place and not to look so powdery. It also seemed to make the light shadow show up more, so I had to use less of it, which is a big plus to me. All in all, I'm glad I found a use for it. I just hate throwing expensive product away! I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I'd repurchase it, but if you are having trouble with this I highly recommend stirring it to change the consistency and see if that helps. It seems that this product suffers most from a lack of concise directions from it's makers.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

What the heck?? Am I the only person that loves this product to death? I gotta stand up for my Dr. Feelgood here and give it praise that it deserves from me! So I apply this BEFORE my foundation, and just in my t-zone area. And I see that it provides a smooth canvas for my makeup! It even smoothes my fine lines, fills in my pores...and just makes my makeup look 5x better. I've also been experimenting it on my eyelids as a base (putting my UD primer on a short break!)...and it works well on that area too! I tried putting it on top of my foundation, but that was a no-no, and all it did is shift my foundation around. BLEH!

I am REALLY oily and as much as I love this stuff, there is ONE negative...my nose gets oily again after about 3 hours. It controls my overall face oil though, so that is a plus! As for the oily nose, I just powder on some of MAC's blotting powder, and everything is just fine and dandy.

The packaging could be improved, just difficult to open sometimes! But I like it's durability, since it's metal. Pricing is ehh, too expensive. But hopefully one jar will last half a year or more. I've had mine for a month now, and it still looks smooth and untouched. :)

on 10/31/2010 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this product based on my friend's recommendation and I gotta tell it works for her. Me, I really hate this product. I am sorry, but I do not understand how it is supposed to provide any matte finish to my skin. It is just a greasy mess! I have tried it over the foundation, under it, under moisturizer, over it, without it, set it with powder... It just does not work for me. No matter how hard I try. It always leaves a really gross and very, very greasy residue on my skin despite I am applying only the tiniest amount. Hand off, girls, try something else.

on 10/31/2010 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

There is nothing to like about this product,. It's like putting a thin coat of waxy goo on your face. I ended up throwing it out.

on 10/21/2010 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

maybe i didn't apply it in a right way. i have the combination skin and my t zone is pretty pretty oily. i apply the Dr F before the primer. it does fill my pores and make my skin silky. but when i just finish the overall make-up, my t zone becomes a little bit oily again. well, i really should have a try to apply it as a finisher.

on 10/20/2010 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE this product. I have pretty oily skin that gets really shiny over the course of the day, and this product is the only product i've ever used that completely mattifies my skin for most of the day. i have to do a few touch ups, but this product never makes my skin look cakey or powdery like my skin powder does. i use it under and over my mineral foundation and my skin stays amazing all day. i love this product and would recommend it to anyone who has had to deal with shiny skin. it's worth the price and i can tell it's going to last me at least 6 months. the only thing i don't like about it is the packaging. the tin is hard to open and i can tell i'm going to need to replace or try to clean the sponge soon. in spite of all this i still adore this product and will continue to use it as long as i can buy it!

on 10/18/2010 6:20:00 AM

I'm disappointed a lot of people don't love this product, as its an essential for me! I have used it as both a primer and for touch ups, although I use The Porefessional now for touch ups mostly (skin feels very similar after using both products). Dr F smells lovely, I first purchased a pot 12 years ago and have always gone back to it, despite playing around with other primers / refiners. I have also used That Gal and like it, but I find it sometimes creases up on me so I prefer Dr F. I will keep purchasing, give it a try you might love it like I do!

Popular Primer/ Correctors