August 2, 2014 | 1641 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

So I am totally one of those people who sweats randomly and for no reason (thankfully don't have to worry about smells). It usually happens when I am wearing tshirts, or even long sleeve shirts, and do not feel any discomfort whatsoever. A lot of times this results in major deodorant stains and ruined clothing, which is the worst part.

I got Certain Dri just a couple of days ago and based on good reviews and commercials I've seen for this product. I have used it only a couple of times so far and it definitely works!
I got the roll-on version, which is great imo. I apply the product very carefully, with the container pointed upward so that it doesn't spill or drip all over the place; this way it only applies the right amount of product to desired areas and dries very quickly.

Aside from slight itching, I have not experienced any problems with it at all. It is a really good product and I am so glad I won't have to deal with stains and ruined clothes any longer. Not sure how it performs long term, so I will wait to decide whether or not I need to repurchase. So far it's great and I would repurchase based on initial reaction.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only antiperspirant that really works for me. I've tried the "clinical strength" versions of other deodorants like Secret and Dove, and they don't even come close to Certain Dri. I use it as directed at night before bed, and it halts all my underarm sweating the next day.
The only thing that's a pain is that the rollerball version is obviously a liquid, and it drips all over the place. I have to mop it up with a tissue or it makes my side itch, and I feel like I waste a little bit of product each time I use it. I had a problem with itching at first but I'd use some cocoa butter lotion on my underarms after it dried, and I don't have much itching at all anymore.
It's also an antiperspirant, not a deodorant, which means it won't do anything for any kind of smell you might have, so I use a cheap scented deodorant in the morning so I don't stink.
Certain Dri has really been a godsend, I've been using it for almost a month and I've noticed such a difference. It's a pain to use but it works, give it a try if nothing else has helped you in the past!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by volleygrl62980

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

i sweat a loooot and this product really helps. Many people say it itches when you put it on, but thats only if you put it on after you have shaved. Other than that it's an amazing product and has reduced my underarm wetness dramatically.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by roflolwtfxD

I sweat like crazy. It doesn't smell but the pit stains are the worst.
I found this product one day and it works amazing!
The only problem i had was that the next day, my pits were mad itchy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 1:48:00 AM More reviews by greenfaerie38

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

(Review of the rollerball version) Full disclosure: I sweat. A lot. Fortunately, my sweat isn't the sort that smell much, but my pit stains had been embarrassing me for years. Certain Dri has fixed that for me. Long story short: It works. There are some problems with it, such as not taking care of smell and the itching. But after using this for several months, I have a few tips for using this.

1) Moisturize your pits. I know it sounds weird, but just lotion them up after they've dried and you will avoid some truly awful itching.
2) Hold a tissue under your pit while applying this. The liquid formula works the best but it drips alot. Since this stuff can itch, you don't want it all over your body.
3) Use an alternate deodorant in the morning to keep the smell fresh. I use Crystal, but any deodorant (rather than antiperspirant) should work.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by tina2mina

After watching a review on youtube, I thought of giving this deodrant/anti-prespirant a chance in great hopes of solving my sweating issue ( which happens only when I am out of my house & short sleeves on, I know it is weird). It did work for the first 1-2 months, with the stinging and itching and sore underarms, it did work. It did manage to reduce/stop my sweating, but then lately it has stopped working. It didn't keep me dry and I was facing the same old problem again. So, I had to switch to Avon anti-prespirant and it is working good now.
You have to keep in mind for the Certain-Dri to not ever use it after shaving your underarms. It literally itches bad until you wash it off, or do what I did, put some baby powder in that area and the stinging & itching would calm down. And i used both the roll on & the stick formula, but only the roll-on seemed to work. I used the stick one when I needed to use it after shaving. Overall it wasn't a waste of money, but would not repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by uberboi1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is simply THE only product I use to prevent sweat stains. It sometimes makes me skin tingle a bit going on, but the ability to help cut down underarm perspiration is really unmatched. I'd tried a host of other anti-antiperspirants without much luck- Certain Dri is the only thing that my body responds to!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by LornaRestall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this deodorant because of the good reviews i saw on here! i had to buy it off ebay because i live in the uk and i dont think they sell it over here, but it was worth it!

i never realized how much my sweating controlled my life until i started using this. i just thought sweating that much was almost normal, until i would start sweating even when i was freezing cold and it would start to ruin my clothes! Before using certain dri i realized that the worry of sweating was actually on my mind a lot of the time, i used to think about what outfit to wear, avoid tight fitting tops, dress at the last minute & only after I'd finishing straightening/blow drying my hair, id have to wash 2 or 3 times a day....and even then I'd still get sweat patches easily!

certain dri has really changed my life, and i wouldn't say i had the worst sweat problem either, so even if you sweat just a little it's definitely still worth buying!

You apply it before bedtime, and have to wait for it to dry because it can stain clothing, but i don't find this a hassle at all. It can make your underarms dry, itchy and a little sore, which is why the instructions specifically say to only apply a very small amount. If i apply the instructed amount the discomfort is very minimal and doesn't really bother me. If i've got irritated skin from shaving, then i miss out a night of applying certain dri because it does sting quite a bit on broken skin!

the packaging could do with a bit of improving, the roller sometimes lets nothing or a lot out all in one go and can drip down the sides so be careful of this. I may purchase the dry stick version of certain dri next time instead to avoid this.

I don't sweat at all now, even when i'm extremely hot or at the gym i stay completely dry so i would highly recommend it to anyone! it's so nice not to have to worry about sweating anymore!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 7:07:00 PM More reviews by catjacarol

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Keeps me dry like nothing else. I used this under my military uniforms because the cheap polyester of the daily uniform made my usually heavy perspiration escalate off the charts. I used to use Mitchum, but this stuff has it beaten hands down. I used it every night at first, because I was too afraid to skip. Eventually I ran out and could not get any for a couple of days. To my surprise, it kept me dry. The am refreshing stick is very nice too, but I preferred the old liquid type better.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by BananaPanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok... I have been using this product for quite some time, but I haven't reviewd it, because of HOW EMBARRASING IT IS. Buying it is awful. Anyone who sees it on my nightstand is just terribly embarrasing. I haven't reviewd it because some of my friends are mua friends and read my reviews. But oh well. They'll now know.

This is a great product. It can be your beeeest friend for those heavy sweaters. HOWEVER, however, however, however, if you don't use it right, it can be your worst nightmare and cause many nights of no sleep. Let me explain.

Before I explain that, first, I'll tell you how wonderful the product is.

Ever since puberty, I've... had issues with underarm wetness. Even when I'm not embarrased or nothing stressful in the least, or when it's hot! Just a normal, fun day and my pits will be soaked. Awful for clothes. Awful for everyone and everything. There was no escaping. Not even the "clinical stregnth" worked forever.

I got on makeupalley (thank you Lord), found this lil' baby, it has worked WONDERS. I'm a music performer and even when I do my very worst on stage, where usually my pits would be a waterfall, my clothes and I are as dry as desert sand. Though, this product WILL NOT WORK if you don't put it EVERYWHERE on your armpit. Don't listen to the instructions that say "two strokes" is usually enough (for the roll-on). Gotta put it everywhere.

Now. Here is the horrific part of this. There are specific instructions to this product. I, for one, think they need to tell them more sternly. They tell you to not use this after you take a shower, and it's because this product CLOSES your pores so that you won't sweat. Now, hot water, from the shower, will OPEN them. An extremely painful experience, for some reason, because I think this product is so extreme. Also, shaving is a big one too. I, stupidly enough, did both once. And. It absolutely ruined my day. Sooooo painful.

Another thing which they don't even mention is the itchiness if you put too much on. It says to put it on before bed, which is very much correct, and works for me cause I take a shower in the morning anyway. Now, what I have learned is that if you don't put it everywhere, that little spot that you missed will sweat, if you're like me. So i usually put it on all over (what I call a coat, like with mascara), just as I ready for bed, put my hands behind my head, look at the ceiling and wait. Then, after it's dried, I put another coat on for security. Yes, this means you'll have to buy more, but it's WAY worth it if you don't gotta wash your shirts always after you wear them, and sheepishly hide your pits forever.

I haven't figured out if it's putting too much on, or if it's scratching them. Because sometimes in bed, while I'm falling asleep, my arm pits will be ITCHY like crazy. I scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, forever, no relief. Sometimes, it feels just like I took a shower before or after I put it on. It hurts. It kept me up the other night. So I think the itching goes away if you ignore it.

It says it has 72 hours of protection or whatever, but my advice to you is say you have a performance tomorrow, or whatever, and you're nervous as all get out. You're gonna be sweating gallons. You put this stuff on, two coats, before bed, you're great tomorrow. The next day you have chior performance, just put two strokes, or one coat. Too much and it will drive you bonkers. Plus, it does stay on, so just for reinforcement.

The pain and agony I have suffered from this wonder product has made me mark off a lippie. Sorry certain dri. but you have, in all your embarrasment, saved my social life, and have made life SO MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE. Seriously. No more worries. It does greatly affect your life, having this problem with no solution, so go out, and buy it. I will be buying this product probably for the rest of my life unless I outgrow this monstrosity.

29 out of 31 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No