November 28, 2014 | 1827 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Exact Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2008 5:38:00 PM More reviews by aelizabethe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In all honesty I am not a waterproof mascara expert; this is maybe the second waterproof formula I have tried but I'm not impressed and won't repurchase.

First, let me say that I have tried the regular Lash Exact formula and for a drugstore mascara it was pretty good but i can't same the same about the waterproof version. It doesn't apply very smoothly and is damn near impossible to get off. I tried face soap, make-up remover, and eye cream and none of them removed it easily or entirely on the first try. Although the removal is a HUGE pain in the tail, I think the worst thing about this mascara is that every time I have worn it I feel like my lashes are sticking together and as the day goes on my eyes get itchy/irritated.

For approximately $8 it's relatively cheap, but it isn't even worth that IMO. If all waterproof formulas are even similar in consistancy and removal as this one I think I will just call it a day and stick with the regular formulas.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2008 1:11:00 PM More reviews by lena1two3

I really love this product. I'm wearing it right now and it's fabulous! I didn't notice any clumping when I first applied it, but maybe that's because I slightly wiped off the brush when I noticed excess mascara hanging off the end. I haven't tried taking it off yet, but hopefully it won't rip out my lashes when I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2008 3:37:00 PM More reviews by heh8787

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this mascara! I have really long eyelashes that are stick straight and I could never figure out how to keep them curled all day long. I tried soooo many different kinds of mascaras and it never even occurred to me to try waterproof. I bought this on a whim at ULTA figuring it would be good for pool days. I will ALWAYS buy waterproof from now on! It is the only thing that keeps my lashes curled. This mascara is great, not too stiff feeling, seperates the lashes, lengthens, and keeps my lashes curled. I did have to buy a MOISTURIZING makeup remover as the non moisturizing could not get it off and I lost some eyelashes trying. The moisturizing remvoer works great, I dip a QTip in it then roll it on my lashes, the mascara comes off right away and I don't lose any lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2008 9:05:00 PM More reviews by daniellex

The only other mascara I ever used before this was maybelline great lash, so compared to that this was amazing. I'm on my third tube of this mascara, but more because I have a hard time switching products once i've found a decent one than it's really amazing. It doesn't really make my lashes thicker, but it does lengthen a lot and hold a nice curl. I cannot get this off of my eyelashes for my life though. I've used eye makeup remover, baby oil, i've tried soap and water, everything. It just won't come off my eyes until maybe two or three days after applying it.
I'd buy it again, because I feel safe with this mascara, but I'd like to see whats out there because i'm sure there are a lot of amazing mascara's at a decent price that do so much more than this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by aychan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

definitely lengthens without clumping, and holds a curl

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2008 10:55:00 PM More reviews by cate8989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has the best brush I've ever used. Totally non-clumping and great staying power. Really thickens and separates lashes. Deducted a lippy for the fact that it's next to impossible to get off once you put it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2008 7:26:00 PM More reviews by MissLinsi

This is my favorite Waterproof mascara. Heck - It's my overall favorite mascara!!! It is truly Waterproof. I love the brush. Not too big, not too small. I just love it!

One thing I'm not fond of is that It's hard to remove. I use Meijer Brand Facial Cleansing Towelettes, and it usually removes all makeup. But for some reason, Lash Exact Waterproof doesn't come off. I guess it's because it's Waterproof. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2008 9:35:00 PM More reviews by beachytabbyanne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The brush is beyond compare from any other mascara I've tried. I've used expensive brands from department store counters, and they don't come close! They all clump, but with this brush, it's so easy to put on smoothly, and spread onto the lash without clumping! The waterproof really does work! I've been in the pool with it, the rain, I've cried with it on, and it doesn't come off! It's such a great product! My mom who only uses Estee Lauder is using it and she agrees, that it is better than expensive mascaras. Definately the best of the best!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2008 10:14:00 AM More reviews by makeuplovaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
The brush is really amazing, i think i'll save it and use it with other mascaras because ...
Cons:
... the actual mascara is not really amazing. It does not lengthen, thicken, or darken. What does it do? Also, I did not keep it on long enough to see if it was waterproof, so I'll update when I test it.

EDIT: I went biking one day with friends while wearing it and I sweated like a pig but this mascara stayed in place. That means this mascara is really waterproof. Plus I need to edit my pros&cons. I have updated it so it is now:

Pros:
Great brush. The mascara lengthens and lifts lashes away from my eyes to give me that dark wide-eyed look. It separates without clumping, too. Waterproof

Cons:
Even the darkest shade did not darken my lashes, but that's not a good enough reason to not like it.

A repurchase :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2008 11:44:00 PM More reviews by jungleesh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sigh. I simply cannot find a mascara beside FACE Stockholm's $32 Volumizing Waterproof Mascara that doesn't actually smudge under my eyes. This mascara wasn't bad in all other aspects - nice volume, length, etc. But it smudged under my eyes and who cares how the lashes look if the rest of me looks haggard?