L'Oreal Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 3% , Zinc Oxide 5%. Talc, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Carnauba Wax, Cetyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trisocetyl Citrate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides.

on 4/21/2011 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Eh.... LOL I've tried a few and they make my face orange. This didn't, but it's pretty much gone after a few hours, plus the brush, oh my gosh, the brush is HORRIBLE! It hurts so much! So you'll probably need your own kabuki.And also, it gets EVERYWHERE!!!! Even if you just open it, it's all over your shirt. So you'll probably need your own kabuki. I like full coverage and this does a pretty good job at that, but I don't plan on buying it again. Heck, I even took it back.

on 4/21/2011 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was in wanting to try mineral makeup for awhile now and I won some mac but its still in the mail so I went out and bought this, I love it! it has awesome coverage and makes your skin look so smooth!! ive had it on now for about 5 hours and its still on my face and looks great! im in the color buff beige and it might be to light for my skin so i want to try classic tan. It doesnt even feel like im wearing makeup!! love it. The only downside is its quite expensive for drugstore its about 17 dollars:(

I bought this foundation back during high school, but then i switched to liquid foundations. I am in MAC nc40 and i use loreal's sun beige. After i found out that liquids were causing me to break out, i switched back to this. The coverage is medium to buildable, but applying too much or not blending well enough will cause caking and creasing in wrinkles. This is pretty matte and lasts up 14+hours for me. As i get oily throughout the day, the oils on my face just melts a little of my foundation turning it a little dewy, but nothing too horrible.

on 4/13/2011 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This stuff oxidizes like crazy and my face had an orange hue by the end of the day. Plus, you have to pack it in a separate bag - it get's messy. Wouldn't buy again. And it's not cheap either for a drugstore makeup.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this foundation, now known as True Match Naturale. It does take a bit of practice to get it to apply right and not look "cakey" but once you've got it down, it looks wonderful! I have acne-prone skin and this product does a great job at making my skin look smooth and flawless. My only complaint is with L'Oreal's in store displays. I don't always have time to research my makeup online and when my skin tone faded during the fall months, I went to the drugstore to purchase a lighter shade. Only my drugstore had a simple display that didn't separate the shades into warm, neutral and cool tones, so I inadvertently switched from a cool tone to a warm tone. Not surprisingly, I started to dislike this product a bit more. Once I realized my mistake, I purchased the right shade for my tone and all was well again. So my advice? If you're trying this for the first time, be sure to go to a larger store like Target that has all 12 shades and a display that divides them up into skin tones. Unfortunately, even the L'Oreal website is a bit lacking in terms telling you what shades are for what tones.

on 4/7/2011 3:49:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

It's alright.
Coverage is actually not that bad, however like any foundation, the more you apply the more "cakey" you will look.
My sister actually bought this years ago for her graduation, used a bit, passed it onto me, I left it alone for 2/3 years, tried it and fell in love. Of course at that time I was still new to makeup, so I applied it using the brush with the cap. The brush wasn't that bad, UNTIL I washed it. The shape changed and the bristles hardened.
After that I threw it away, and saw a deal at winners and decided to try it again.
First off, I always use a primer underneath. It fades pretty fast on me (and I have combo/oily skin), and without primer it would probably last maybe an hour? With it lasts about 3, however my t-zone is completely gone by the second hour.

It is alright for the time being, but once I finish this up, I will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This is the worst mineral foundation I have ever used. I foolishly bought two colors knowing I would need to blend them to match my yellow/olive skin. This powder sat on on top of my skin and highlighted every imperfection and made my skin overall look wrinkled and dry. The colors were terrible and made me look ashen. The brush was indeed useless, like some other reviewers mentioned. Walgreens took them back, thankfully, because they were not cheap. I bought them on sale thinking-how bad can they be? They were AWFUL.

on 3/31/2011 1:26:00 AM

This is up there with worst foundations I've used. The brush that this comes with is totally useless and I can't tell you how many times the top came off and I had spilled foundation all over my bag. The color selection is bad and the color I chose wore off within a few hours. Literally, my face would look like an oily mess, and I never had that happen with other mineral makeup I've tried, and it looked like I had no makeup on. My issue with Bare Minerals, which was why I was hesitant in trying this product, is that it would make my face look too dry and dull. This on the other hand was like putting baby powder on my face it was so sheer. I would never buy this again.

on 3/31/2011 1:12:00 AM

i liked the look and feel of this on my skin better then BE ....BUT beware there is also bismuth oxy AND parabens ( BE doesnt have parabens in the foundation anyway)i felt like my face was on fire maybe worse then BE AND is perfumey yuk... i retuned it and tried nuetrogena mineral compact which did not irritate but colos were all orangre or pink...im a med aisan golden undertone...i retried physicians formula loose mineral powder in natural biege...LOVE IT..no irritation whatsoever
EDIT i now mix equal parts buff beige and natural beige for the perfect color and texture BUT still loving PF better my skin has improved sooo much wow

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this at a grocery store for around $11. Compared with the Cover Girl and Maybelline mineral foundations, this was the only talc-free one. Unfortunately, this is not a very portable container, because the sifter is free to sift the powder all over the place.

The brush is actually pretty soft, considering that it's made from natural hair, which is usually prickly. The brush is attached to the lid, which can make applying the foundation awkward, but I don't mind.

This foundation has been a life-saver. It doesn't make me break out or cause drying, it lasts all day (on my normal skin-type). It doesn't emphasize flakies and it has light-medium, buildable coverage. The finish isn't completely matte, it's more like a satin.

By the way, the mineral concealer from this line has the EXACT same formula as the foundation. I'm glad I didn't buy the concealer too!