September 21, 2014 | 1967 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by lightxl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff oxidizes like crazy and my face had an orange hue by the end of the day. Plus, you have to pack it in a separate bag - it get's messy. Wouldn't buy again. And it's not cheap either for a drugstore makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by elizabeth2279

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation, now known as True Match Naturale. It does take a bit of practice to get it to apply right and not look "cakey" but once you've got it down, it looks wonderful! I have acne-prone skin and this product does a great job at making my skin look smooth and flawless. My only complaint is with L'Oreal's in store displays. I don't always have time to research my makeup online and when my skin tone faded during the fall months, I went to the drugstore to purchase a lighter shade. Only my drugstore had a simple display that didn't separate the shades into warm, neutral and cool tones, so I inadvertently switched from a cool tone to a warm tone. Not surprisingly, I started to dislike this product a bit more. Once I realized my mistake, I purchased the right shade for my tone and all was well again. So my advice? If you're trying this for the first time, be sure to go to a larger store like Target that has all 12 shades and a display that divides them up into skin tones. Unfortunately, even the L'Oreal website is a bit lacking in terms telling you what shades are for what tones.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2011 3:49:00 AM More reviews by xyoru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

It's alright.
Coverage is actually not that bad, however like any foundation, the more you apply the more "cakey" you will look.
My sister actually bought this years ago for her graduation, used a bit, passed it onto me, I left it alone for 2/3 years, tried it and fell in love. Of course at that time I was still new to makeup, so I applied it using the brush with the cap. The brush wasn't that bad, UNTIL I washed it. The shape changed and the bristles hardened.
After that I threw it away, and saw a deal at winners and decided to try it again.
First off, I always use a primer underneath. It fades pretty fast on me (and I have combo/oily skin), and without primer it would probably last maybe an hour? With it lasts about 3, however my t-zone is completely gone by the second hour.

It is alright for the time being, but once I finish this up, I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by productqueen26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the worst mineral foundation I have ever used. I foolishly bought two colors knowing I would need to blend them to match my yellow/olive skin. This powder sat on on top of my skin and highlighted every imperfection and made my skin overall look wrinkled and dry. The colors were terrible and made me look ashen. The brush was indeed useless, like some other reviewers mentioned. Walgreens took them back, thankfully, because they were not cheap. I bought them on sale thinking-how bad can they be? They were AWFUL.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Mommy05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is up there with worst foundations I've used. The brush that this comes with is totally useless and I can't tell you how many times the top came off and I had spilled foundation all over my bag. The color selection is bad and the color I chose wore off within a few hours. Literally, my face would look like an oily mess, and I never had that happen with other mineral makeup I've tried, and it looked like I had no makeup on. My issue with Bare Minerals, which was why I was hesitant in trying this product, is that it would make my face look too dry and dull. This on the other hand was like putting baby powder on my face it was so sheer. I would never buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2011 1:12:00 AM More reviews by heenan

i liked the look and feel of this on my skin better then BE ....BUT beware there is also bismuth oxy AND parabens ( BE doesnt have parabens in the foundation anyway)i felt like my face was on fire maybe worse then BE AND is perfumey yuk... i retuned it and tried nuetrogena mineral compact which did not irritate but colos were all orangre or pink...im a med aisan golden undertone...i retried physicians formula loose mineral powder in natural biege...LOVE IT..no irritation whatsoever
EDIT i now mix equal parts buff beige and natural beige for the perfect color and texture BUT still loving PF better my skin has improved sooo much wow

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by mightymcownage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this at a grocery store for around $11. Compared with the Cover Girl and Maybelline mineral foundations, this was the only talc-free one. Unfortunately, this is not a very portable container, because the sifter is free to sift the powder all over the place.

The brush is actually pretty soft, considering that it's made from natural hair, which is usually prickly. The brush is attached to the lid, which can make applying the foundation awkward, but I don't mind.

This foundation has been a life-saver. It doesn't make me break out or cause drying, it lasts all day (on my normal skin-type). It doesn't emphasize flakies and it has light-medium, buildable coverage. The finish isn't completely matte, it's more like a satin.

By the way, the mineral concealer from this line has the EXACT same formula as the foundation. I'm glad I didn't buy the concealer too!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by bebecar21

If you want coverage without paying big bucks&looking like you have cake on your face...this is the foundation to go with. My face does get greasy towards the end of the day but then again its only natural for anyone's skin to be a little greasy. I've used it everyday & I haven't had any breakouts. Each container lasts for a REALLY long time, even though your suppose to change your foundation every 6-10 months.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2011 5:05:00 AM More reviews by PterodactylStyle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is one of the worst foundations I've ever used and one of the worst Make-Up experiences I've ever had!
I bought this thinking it would be a cheap alternative to using Bare minerals and would give me more, buildable coverage. I used a separate foundation brush because the one included is useless; It went on a bit muddy and made me look very cakey and had too much glitter. Within two hours it oxidized to a very orange colour and that just isn't a very good look.
I wore it for a few days thinking I could just use it until I find a replacement and then I got a horrible break-out; I got dozens of tiny red bumps all over my face, Drying and Peeling all under my mouth and along my chin, enlarged pores and an overall raw and sensitive feeling all over my entire face; I had to let my skin breathe for a few days and started using Everyday Minerals; I don't know what did this to me, I thought it was the Bismulth but I had used other products with that(Bare Minerals) and never had any problem like that before. This is just not worth the risk if you have sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by TaxDollar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. I'm usually not a DS make-up shopper but gave it a whirl once and find it comparable if not better than Bare Minerals as a third of the price! It gives great coverage (nearly full for me). It doesn't control my overwhelming oil throughout the day (but I have yet to find something that does), but it is great for touch-ups too. My only complaint is the packaging. I find it really large and messy to use on the run and the brush is smaller than I normally like. I actually transfer it to a different container and use it from there and it's all good!