November 23, 2014 | 966 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by kristineybobeeny

I really do like this product. It can hold a curl pretty well and it doesn't volumize my lashes bu it does lenghthen them for me. It's pink packaging is really cute in my opinion. It's not hard to remove with makeup remover. The brush is small which I don't like very much but it does the job the way I want it to.

It's definitely not the best mascara but not the worst mascara out there. I will repurchase this if I'm broke and just need some mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by NaturalLook

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first mascara that I've used as a teenager. I have straight eyelashes that I curl before applying mascara. I bought the waterproof version of this mascara as it doesn't straighten out my curled eyelashes. The small brush makes it easy to apply mascara on my bottom lashes. I use "Very Black" color and must apply 3 coats to make my light black eyelashes look darker and a little bit longer. It doesn't build volume or add much length. The mascara flakes and clumps.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2009 5:13:00 PM More reviews by niamhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really don't see what all the fuss is about.
The product only makes my already black lashes a little more black, but no thicker or longer, and the packaging is gaudy and cheap looking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by princess101

I used the iconic pink tube (original formula) years ago, while in high school and it smudged like crazy on me. I have oily eyelids/face and I generally have to use waterproof mascaras to avoid raccoon eyes. I loved lancome, but it is extremely hard to remove without losing some lashes here and there. Anyway, this product not only stays put when applied, never clumps, doesn't smudge, can easily be removed AND is cheap! I tried "very black" and it is awsome. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2009 3:05:00 AM More reviews by izawa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

pro: I used the non waterproof one a few years back and i loved it. After trying out a few "expensive" mascaras... I just came back to this one. This really gives volume and a natural look. Not much lengthening (if you're looking for length, try fiberwig)

con: Its REALLY hard to remove

overall, great mascara for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2009 3:40:00 PM More reviews by razorbladeshoes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The thing I like about this mascara is the brush. It's small, so it's easy to get in to the inner corner and outer lashes without clumping. The formula is nothing special, however, just subtle length and definition. I've tried this in brownish black, which is nice for a natural look, but the black colors look more gray than a true black.

I've tried this a few times, but won't repurchase in the future. Right now I like Lash Discovery or Full 'n Soft better for the "natural" look.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by jsellers

I know this mascara has received a lot of negative attention, but I think it has some admirable qualities. The best thing about this mascara is that it absolutely does not produce clumps. I'm guessing this is because of the small brush. Also, this mascara does lengthen my lashes, and it is actually waterproof.

However, Great Lash really doesn't offer any drama. I have to apply several coats until I can even tell that it's there. It doesn't seem to thicken lashes or coat them with intensely dark color.

I said that I would repurchase because this is a cheap mascara to use when I want a natural makeup look. It takes a little more effort to achieve the result I want, but it does separate my lashes beautifully. It's not my go-to mascara, but it can come in handy.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2009 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Hikari

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought it because I was in a hurry and needed a cheap mascara. It didn't smudge a lot, that's a plus, it stayed even on my lower lashes the whole day. But I didn't like the brush and it gave me a spider look. And it was very hard to get off with makeup remover too. I'll find a better mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by alicatgirl93

I remember using this mascara when I was in middle school and a newbie at makeup. I found it clumpy, unmanageable, flaky, and smudgy. I definitely am not a fan.... I love waterproof mascaras, mainly out of necessity because of my watery, contact-wearing eyes and oily skin. So what WOULD I recommend? Try out Cover Girl Lash Exact waterproof mascara, which is truly waterproof and long lasting. I've never had issues with clumping or smudging with it. I used to have issues removing it, but now with Sonia Kashuk makeup remover (pick it up sometime at Target), I no longer have any problems with it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

I was in search of a great waterproof mascara so I tried this one first. It has its pros and cons but I don't think I will be purchasing this again and will try something else next time. I wore it swimming last weekend, and it lasted all day. No smudging, running or anything! I also love the length it gives my lashes and how it keeps the curl. But I hate the application of the mascara. With one swipe its barely noticeable so I usually have to apply 3 coats to get it to look the way I want it to (comparing this to my favorite mascara Loreal Telescopic that only requires 1 swipe). After the 2nd coat, it starts to get clumpy and by the 3rd I look like I have spider legs for eye lashes. I do not recommend this product for someone looking for a bold, noticeable waterproof mascara that only requires one coat.