April 16, 2014 | 912 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by anastasianiaou18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i am an NC15 and as far as colour goes i am happy i found something matching my skin.
the packaging is very convenient as it is a glass and comes with a pump,which is more hygienic.
i aply it with my fingers and it blends quite ok with my skin,but if i have any dry patches, they show up really bad.
in sun light from a closer look (like 20cm) it looks a liitle cackey due to it's medium to full coverage..(though, still need a touch of concealer on bumps,or a second layer of product where my rosacea is.)
the finish is 95% mat..it lasted on me for a good 6 hours of being out in the city shopping,without using a primer..
BUT i stopped using it due to the massive break-outs this caused me..having tested it many times to check if something else could have triggered them besides this product..unfortunatelly 3-4 pimples would show up in 12-20 hours after aplying it..
also the smell of it is quite intense and chemical-like..
here,in Greece it retails for about 32euros, which is quite expensive..
deffinatelly not bying it again and can't suggest to others..

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by iuliaandrada

The only pro of this foundation is the good coverage, the 'perfect' finish.However, after 15 minutes my skin looks oily and cakey; I don't even apply much, only a thin layer, and fix it with powder. There are drugstore foundations better than this, sadly.. Maybe for dry/normal skin could work, but for my combination skin does not. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by alexandra0107

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I am NC30 through using fake tan, have very very dark hair and grey eyes. The colour of this is beautiful!!! Definitely what makes me want to rebuy however this broke me out terribly, not in spots but like bumps under my skin which were horrible. I have relatively clear skin, a few hormonal spots but nothing major. I liked the colour and I've struggled to find something which matched my fake tanned neck so perfectly. As I fake tan I am a very yellow toned colour which is difficult to match. I liked the texture, nothing fabulous but went on easily and didn't end up patchy. The first time I wore this it came off my chin after a few hours but for some reason now seems to last. Have yet to be photographed wearing it but also hear it photographs fantastically. If it didn't break me out, I would love this. Packaging is okay, nothing special, and I didn't like that I had to pay extra for the pump but overall I think this is reasonably priced.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by KatieDaniella92x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the formula of this foundation, my oily skin is usually shiny within a few hours but with this on it literally doubles the time i can not use blotting sheets. My skin just does not agree with it :( every time i try & use this regularly it leaves my skin looking rough in texture & dry. I have too almost deep cleanse my skin for a week before it looks half normal again! Its such a shame cause it leaves my skin looking amazing! I haven't even got sensitive skin so im unsure of the reason why? I recommend this still but just be wary as you might have a reaction like many people i've heard say they have, just a little too strong for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by ANBoudreaux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm down to my last of this, I love it! Well, I'm sure my "last" is a lot more than most because I replaced the original cap the product comes with w/ the optional MAC pump. I hate the packaging, and didn't realize exactly how convienient and sanitary using a pump for you liquid products is. This product works well on my oily/combination skin, and a little really does go a long way. I don't really used this foundation in the spring and summer months, simply because the NC50 shade I was matched to washes my face out in the warmer time of the year. But its perfect for fall and winter. Before I purchase again I'll probably get another sample of the perfection lumiere by Chanel and do a side by side full day test. May the best product win!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Daliladida

After trying countless foundations, MAC Studio Fix Fluid was the one that finally stuck. I've used it for a very long time and have never had any issues with breakouts, too much oiliness or too much dryness etc.
A mistake that I did used to make with this foundation is applying too much of it. You actually don't need much at all as a small amount will spread over a decent area of your face (depending on how much coverage you wan't of course). Personally I find that using concealer to cover any discolouration or pimples and just a very thin layer of the Studio Fix is enough to give me a flawless finish.
As a finish I often use the MAC mineralize skinfinish because it works great to set Studio Fix and is very light coverage so never looks cakey.

Depending on how much coverage you want (and each to their own of course) I would STRONGLY recommend against teaming the Studio Fix Fluid up with the Studio Fix powder as the powder is a really heavy coverage and looks far too cakey with the liquid equivalent and your skin will look extremely dull. You won't glow at all. But once again - each to their own. Everyone has different skin and personal preference.

I do purchase this foundation in Australia and MAC is very expensive here so I pay I believe $56, but as I mentioned previously you only really need to apply a small amount at a time so the product does tend to last.
The packaging is really standard - works well for what it is of course! But I do think that MAC should supply the pump heads instead of needing to be bought separately.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by reag91

I have been wearing this foundation for a few years, I've tried many others and always seem to come back to MAC's Studio Fix. I definitely have a love/hate relationship with this product. First of all, it's always been hard to find the right shade. I have gone from NC 35 to NC25 and in between! Currently I am using NC 25, i love the beginning flawless look, i set it with MAC's loose mineral powder. This will look amazing until about noon, my skin starts looking shiny and some parts around my nose will look dry and patchy, i usually blot my skin with a paper tower and im good to go! Around 3o clock my skin starts looking like i have barely any make up left, i have to apply a little bit of loose powder to bring my face back to life.
Overall, this is a good product, you just have to learn a good technique to apply it. This foundation isn't the best at lasting all day if you have oily skin, but i do love the medium coverage. So since everything else i've tried so far has been a disappointment i am back at MAC's stuido fix.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by marthaprz18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well let me start of by saying I have had this as a staple in my make up kit for about 4 years... I have a love/hate relationship with it, there are days I love it and days I hate it. I have combo skin- during hot summer days my Tzone is VERY oily(it's oily to begin with lol) and during the winter my face can get very dry.. So my skin color is from NC20-25. I wear make up on a daily basis. I love Mac's color pay off with this foundation! My face looks flawless and I know people like it ;) I get compliments all the time BUT after 3 hours this foundation feels heavy & cakey!! It slides right off my nose and it I rub my face unto someone's shirt when I hug them or wipe my face the make up comes right off!! It's VERY annoying and Im wanting to wash my face after 3 hrs! Also, it oxidizes well most foundations do anyway, but I look slightly tan with it, it photographs amazing though! (forgot to mention I use a primer and powder to set it and this still happens), this being said-- I still love/ hate it, but I found a solution!! So I recently bought the match master in #2 or is it prolong foundation in #2?? Idk but it's one of macs new foundations in #2 and it's oil free!!! So I use that on my Tzone and studio fix liquid foundation on the rest and it looks amazing!!! I top it with mac's pressed powder and wallah! so far so good :D

Ive tried and used many diff foundations, Lancôme, Estée Lauder, Mac, revlon etc but I always come back to Mac.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by banana1011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have freckles all over my face, they are not as prominent in the winter as the summer but i find this foundation covers them well. I have a lot of redness in my cheeks and have not come across a foundation to contain it, however this foundation has come the closest. I find after applying the foundation my face feels hot because it is a thick foundation. I would not wear this as an everyday foundation, this is my own preference though I am sure you could if you wanted too. I dont have a problem with it not lasting because I only wear it on night outs. Next time I will probably purchase the prolongwear foundation, but I would definately reccommend giving this a try for your first MAC foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by miamimamii

OBSESSION <3

I have tried other foundations, powders, etc...
But I always come back. MAC does not break me out, does not dry me out, and looks flawless. Love this stuff! My mother has worn their stuff since I can remember, and I am happily following in her footsteps. GREAT STUFF!