October 20, 2014 | 2103 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 5:25:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

Overall I think this foundation is good, but not great. You can definitely purchase something better for less (Revlon Colorstay). I gave this product a 4 because it did stay on all day for me, and the colour matched my skin, and the coverage was buildable, but I usually prefer better coverage because of acne scars. Also, I think this product would work much much better if it had a pump. It's quite easy to remove aswell, which is a plus, however, I did notice it was giving me a few pimples... so because of that I only wear this foundation occasionally.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by noorhasclaws

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wear the NC20 and this is a liquid foundation that is not fantastic, nor is it bad. Its better then the revlon colorstay, because it doesn't dry or set on the skin as quick. In fact you can probably keep blending it into the skin to get the desired coverage. I don't like to apply too much, because Im someone who doesn't like to waste my time with foundation. A girl has better things to do, like curling her eyelashes or perfecting her lipstick on her lips. Thats why I would recommend other foundations that can produce a better looking glowy skin. This also streaks, and they can look hideous. Maybe if i applied more then i usually do, then I would achieve a no streak look, but i just can't be bothered. Im someone who prefers more organic options on the skin, because not only do they let your skin breathe, they also give a nice effect on my face. Im all about mineral foundation, but for a better application of foundation, you would need a good brush/ beauty blender or just warm hands. There are also better foundations in the drug stores, that can give a nicer look. I sometimes use this in hope that it will finish soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by 8ar8ie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this but I had to return it. I know MAC discontinued the Studio Fix Select line. I wanted a foundation with a little more coverage so I bought this. She put it on and it looked a little cake-y. I thought maybe she put on too much. So I went home and checked the ingredients...no bueno. It has algae extract in it. For anyone who is prone to zits or clogged pores, algae extract is a big no-no.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by eimearsg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation sucks so bad ... It's goes on and feels like a mask it looks super caky it clings to dry patches it melts off my skin and makes me look oily even tho I acc have dry skin :/ I really can't see anything positive about the foundation .. I guess the colour selection is pretty good but it ends there ... It also stinks ! Like it
Smells like paint ! It's so gross !! I hate fragrances in foundation full stop but if it's an ok scent I'll put up with it .. This however is disgusting and you know by the smell that it just can not be good for your skin what so ever ! I also suspect it's breaking me out and clogging my pores ... There are so many other full coverage foundations that are better than this in today's industry I don't know why people still wear this ?! ... I feel like it might have impressed me when I was like 15 and was going through the whole revlon colour stay thing :/ lol but now I'm older I just realise this is gross and disgusting and I thinks it's so weird that so many people consider this holy grail !

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Missbo

First of all, most MAC sales assoc. are clueless and always sell u the wrong product/shade cuz theyre always rushing you.. They matched me to an NC20 which i found was too yellow.. And the NW is not any better on my skin either.. This foundation made me break out as well.. I wore it for 2 weeks and every day it would make me get cystic acne that would itch soooo bad!!! It sucks, I am returning it and maybe ill try the matchmaster or studio sculpt next....

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Sophhsssss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the worst foundation I have ever bought. It just slid off my face and made me look cakey. I broke out terribly! Wore it for two weeks and then my skin got so bad I had to take it back. Worst £20 ever spent.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticsprincess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Nothing amazing, in my opinion. My makeup artist cousin used this for my engagement party celebration. She used NW20, which was a decent match for me.

Personally I think it was too heavy for my liking. I do not have to cover up acne scars, am not prone to break-outs & I don't have hyper pigmentation.

I am reddish on my cheeks & it covered up that well. But so did other more lightweight foundations.

Within a couple hours I was shiny and my foundation looked cakey.

A foundation has to be amazing for me, or I just never use it/buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is by no means a bad product. At least, Mac knows what real skin looks like, and there is no way you won't find a shade to match your skin! However, beware: NC35 of ProLongwer does not look the same with NC35 of Studio Fix as I found out. To me, the ProLongwer looks way more flattering/yallow based.
Staying power is OK but not what I expected. I actually have to use powder after 3-4 hours, while, quite frankly, I hardly use any when I use the ELDW... The other annoying thing is that it tends to sit on pores like hell and make them look larger (and mine are huge anyway, they don't exactly need a foundation to make them more visible!) To be honest, this really put me off this foundation for good. I prefer the ProLongwer (which also seems to last more than Studio Fix) though the Studio Fix has better coverage than the Prolongwer. It's a shame really! I really-really wanted to love this foundation. Oh, and what's this thing with the pump being sold separately? Honestly! At 2014 there are still foundations in bottles sold without a pump! (and I am looking at you too ELDW!! It's not just good changing formulations and shades, do something about packaging as well!)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've tried MAC Pro Longwear (settled into the bumps in my face) and Matchmaster (okay, pretty good, but transfers badly and color was a little off.) I was using Lancome Teint Miracle, but didn't think it was anything spectucular. I got a sample of Nars Sheer Glow (good color, but not enough coverage) I read a lot of positive reviews (on the MAC website) about Studio Fix. I hadn't tried this one, before, so I decided to get a sample. I've had trouble in the past finding my shade in MAC. I definitely have cool undertones. But the NW shades tend to be too orange and the NC tend to be too yellow.

Finding the right shade in Studio Fix Fluid required some patience as well as trial and error. The supernice SA matched me to NW20. I got a sample of that. I tried it. I love the coverage and finish of the foundation, but the color was a little off. When I first applied it, it was great. But after it dried and oxidized slightly, it was a bit too orange. It wasn't to the point where I was embarrrassed to wear it in public, but it was definitely not right. So yesterday, I went back to Macy's and talked to a different SA. I told her that I loved the foundation, but the color wasn't quite right. I told her that I'd tried NW20, but it wasn't quite right. She recommended that I try C3.5 She said that it was more neutral and wasn't as pink as the NW shades and not as yellow as the NC. I was getting an eye exam, so I didn't have any makeup on. It was a perfect match. It blended in seamlessly to my neck. No more dreaded foundation line. I did get a sample just to be sure. It's always hard to get a good idea of the color in the store lights. I tried this morning, and love it. I took a while, but I think I FINALLY found my correct shade in MAC. I went back this morning and purchased a full-sized bottle.

In my opinion, the only complaint I have about this foundation is the fact that you have to purchase the pump separately for $9. It's not that big of a deal, but seriously, it should come with it's own pump. All the other MAC foundations come with a pump, so why can't this one? But that's minor. I did purchase a pump at the same time. I will definitely repurchase this foundation and will reuse the pump. This foundation is long-lasting even on my incredibly oily nose and cheeks. It doesn't sweat off and it doesn't transfer as far as I can tell. Definitely my favorite MAC foundation.

EDIT: 3/25/14
Even though I still love the coverage and staying power of this foundation, I ended up returning it. There is something in here that my skin just doesn't like. It clogs my pores like crazy. I looked at my face yesterday after removing my makeup, and noticed that I have about 5 (very small, but still) new whiteheads on my right cheek. I have had several more whiteheads on my forehead, and I think they started when I was using MAC Matchmaster foundation. I've never had whiteheads before, and this foundation is the only change I've made in my makeup routine lately. I've decided to go back to using Lancome Teint Miracle. This actually really irks me because I really loved the Studio Fix Fluid. But obviously, I'm not going to use something that is going to totally wreck my skin. My skin is not at all acne prone. I very rarely get zits. But if you are acne prone or subject to clogged pores, I would avoid MAC foundations at all costs.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by a2bruta

All MAC foundations break me out terribly. If you are suffering from acne, stop using it for a while and see if it improves. If you don't break out then you might like it. Good coverage and colour selection.