October 30, 2014 | 1691 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by KaelMacmahon

I absolutely love this product and have been using it since November 2013.

Let me begin by saying that I do not understand why people are rating the packaging so low, it's packaging is very strong, the only downfall is that you have to buy the pump separately - as you do all Mac foundations, which is something you should really research before buying a product from anywhere anyway.

I love Mac Studio Fix Fluid so much for so many reasons. I am the shade NW10, this is a new shade that Mac brought out in 2013 I believe and that was originally what drew me to wanting to buy it. I had always been warned not to go near Mac as they did not cater for pale people, which was true as Nw15 (originally their palest shade) was too dark for me, but when they brought out their new shades NW10 and NW13 there was no reason for me not to try it. I believe in other foundations, NW10 would be equivalent to a foundation that would be called 'ivory-rose' or something along those lines, it is incredibly pale and slightly pink toned.

The foundation itself is a medium-full coverage but can be built up to complete coverage, somewhat similar to the coverage Double Wear can give. I wear two pumps on my face everyday, however I have worn it medium coverage before with one pump but I have also worn it at a very, very high coverage with 4-5 pumps. It doesn't look cakey, if applied correctly with a buffing brush. It can be applied with the flat, 190 Mac foundation brush however I feel it gives a much nicer finish if it is applied with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush as this really pushes the foundation into the skin, meaning that no matter how much you wear there is no risk of cakeyness.

This foundation is often said to be matte, which I believe to a certain extent - however, if somebody asked me what the finish of the foundation was I would definitely label it as semi-matte. When applied, I can see glowing areas on my face so I tend to blot these with a matte powder to make it completely matte. But mostly, it is a matte foundation which is not designed for dry skin.

It is good for photography as it has a low SPF so it will give minimal flashback.

I put this foundation on at around 7:15am in the morning before school, and will normally have it on till around 9:00pm and it stays on perfectly, apart from on my nose as I get an incredibly oily nose throughout the day. I would recommend use of a primer on the nose with this foundation as with all matte foundations, it does tend to set into the pores.

One downfall is this product has a very strong, chemically scent until set, but the smell is worth it for the result.

Also, this product did not break me out, and it never has. It all depends on your skin type, as it does with all foundations. Many people assume that because of the scent, Mac is bad for your skin - this is a myth.

Last but not least, the price may seem high to those who buy highstreet makeup, but for a highend foundation Mac Studio Fix Fluid at £21.50 is £6.50 cheaper than most highend foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Lydiaxfeyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this foundation gets a lot of negative reviews for such a popular product. i think people are just applying it incorrectly(unless you have acne then it is a justified reason for disliking it). its called "studio fix" for a reason its supposed to cover and make you look perfect. i personally apply the smallest amount, as i find its super blendable and spreads easily around the skin. and sometimes i even mix it with moisturizer and i then BUFF it in with my buffing brush or work it in with my beauty blender. if i am looking for a bit more coverage i re apply it to the problem areas and this makes it not cakey on me at all. i really enjoy the versatility and its staying power. i also i think with medium/full coverage foundations its important to get your correct shade. test it out with the makeup artist and then go outside and look before purchasing. when i bought mine the lady gave me an NW50 when I'm an NC50 (i looked at her with disgust). also if you really dislike it try it as a concealer!
the reason it didn't get 5 lipies is
1) it transfers -_-
2)no pump
3) its not as nice in the winter when my skins more of the normal type

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by saabrinad

Bought this foundation because MAC is a well-known makeup brand and the lady at the counter applied a sample on my cheek and it made my skin look flawless. The price also gets you checking this foundation out as it is pretty "cheap" $33 CAD for a high-end foundation compared to ones at Sephora which are at least $50.
What I really love about this foundation is the coverage. I had a few blemishes due to waxing and this foundation did its job covering these nasty little dark spots. However, over a period of 4ish months, my skin just got worse and worse. Although the coverage is ideal, I noticed that the foundation is way too heavy for every day use and not only did it clog up my pores, it essentially made me break out even more. In addition, the smell is absolutely horrible. Smells like chemicals and spray paint or something.

I would recommend this if you're going out for special events and would like a bit more coverage/that model-like coverage; however, not for every day use as I find that it broke me out and made my blemishes even worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by 902nikki902

So in love with this liquid foundation. Keeps me matte for hours, very decent coverage and the color selection is amazing! I don't care for the idea that I have to buy a pump separately, but can get over it because I can reuse the pump with future repurchases lol. Price point isn't too bad for a great foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by andreeal3005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation made me look a little cakey

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 5:55:00 AM More reviews by JohanneKristensen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A great foundation with a good staying power.
I wouldn't say it did anything different than a lot of other foundations that I have tried.
But it does what I need it to do - stay on all day and gives a medium coverage.
I have it in NC25, which is a little too dark for my winter skin (I have gotten extremely pale), but it works great for me in the summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 5:25:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

Overall I think this foundation is good, but not great. You can definitely purchase something better for less (Revlon Colorstay). I gave this product a 4 because it did stay on all day for me, and the colour matched my skin, and the coverage was buildable, but I usually prefer better coverage because of acne scars. Also, I think this product would work much much better if it had a pump. It's quite easy to remove aswell, which is a plus, however, I did notice it was giving me a few pimples... so because of that I only wear this foundation occasionally.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by noorhasclaws

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wear the NC20 and this is a liquid foundation that is not fantastic, nor is it bad. Its better then the revlon colorstay, because it doesn't dry or set on the skin as quick. In fact you can probably keep blending it into the skin to get the desired coverage. I don't like to apply too much, because Im someone who doesn't like to waste my time with foundation. A girl has better things to do, like curling her eyelashes or perfecting her lipstick on her lips. Thats why I would recommend other foundations that can produce a better looking glowy skin. This also streaks, and they can look hideous. Maybe if i applied more then i usually do, then I would achieve a no streak look, but i just can't be bothered. Im someone who prefers more organic options on the skin, because not only do they let your skin breathe, they also give a nice effect on my face. Im all about mineral foundation, but for a better application of foundation, you would need a good brush/ beauty blender or just warm hands. There are also better foundations in the drug stores, that can give a nicer look. I sometimes use this in hope that it will finish soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by 8ar8ie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this but I had to return it. I know MAC discontinued the Studio Fix Select line. I wanted a foundation with a little more coverage so I bought this. She put it on and it looked a little cake-y. I thought maybe she put on too much. So I went home and checked the ingredients...no bueno. It has algae extract in it. For anyone who is prone to zits or clogged pores, algae extract is a big no-no.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by eimearsg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation sucks so bad ... It's goes on and feels like a mask it looks super caky it clings to dry patches it melts off my skin and makes me look oily even tho I acc have dry skin :/ I really can't see anything positive about the foundation .. I guess the colour selection is pretty good but it ends there ... It also stinks ! Like it
Smells like paint ! It's so gross !! I hate fragrances in foundation full stop but if it's an ok scent I'll put up with it .. This however is disgusting and you know by the smell that it just can not be good for your skin what so ever ! I also suspect it's breaking me out and clogging my pores ... There are so many other full coverage foundations that are better than this in today's industry I don't know why people still wear this ?! ... I feel like it might have impressed me when I was like 15 and was going through the whole revlon colour stay thing :/ lol but now I'm older I just realise this is gross and disgusting and I thinks it's so weird that so many people consider this holy grail !