MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to finally get this product after chasing after my shade forever that was always out of stock! When i first tried it, I loved it. It gave my skin such a lovely dewy, immaculate finish. However the cons were the aftermath of this.

Since its so high coverage, it definately clogged up my pores. I broke out so badly within the first day itself and now I have it sitting perfectly new and untouched on my makeup shelf. It took me a full week to rid my face of the major breakout.

I then let my sister use it, she has rather dry skin. I thought it would work better on her however yet again MAC disappointed me. it was so thick and would not blend out on her skin and looked really patchy and flaky that she immediately washed it off!

So in conclusion i would say that although i love MAC, this foundation was rather of a fluke to me. And paying $51 SGD for this and not having a pump for my foundation? Quite a turn off. Save your money girls i wish I had.

on 7/29/2014 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I like the coverage it gives which is medium to full. It doesn't give off a really cakey look its quite a flawless finish and is also matte so its good for us oily monsters. However that's where the pros stop. I am an nc44 but the shade is so off and that is supposed to be the closest shade for me. I have yellow undertones in my skin I feel like the foundation tone is just too warm. I actually believe mac do not cater to medium and dark skin tones. Id buy it again because I do like the finish.

on 7/28/2014 1:39:00 AM

I love this foundation ! Definitely HG status ! But it is a little heavy therefore I sometimes mix it with my moisturizer if I'm going about doing errands or that sort of thing .. But it's a great foundation and definitely long lasting when paired up with the Macs Studio fix powder !

on 7/25/2014 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

For me this foundation is verging on HG status!
I had never owned a mac foundation before and generally stuck to drugstore ones, but after what seemed to be never ending failed attempts of trying to find foundations pale enough for me I finally decided to take a step up.

I was originally colour matched to nw13, luckily I only got a sample of that because that was definitely too dark, so I ended up buying nw10. This colour is pretty much perfect for me and that's rare for me to find because I'm very very pale so I was already really excited just based on the colour.
At first I thought it was going to be a bit too pink, usually because most foundations for very fair skin are always very pink, which I hate, but this foundation is actually very neutral toned which is perfect for me.

I really love the coverage it provides, it's medium but very buildable, so those days when I don't mind my freckles showing I just throw on one layer, but then I can build that up for the days when I want them covered a bit more. The finish is just gorgeous! Not matte and not dewy, just a lovely natural finish. I don't really find it to be too heavy on the skin, nor has it ever caused me to break out which is great!
The staying power of this foundation is great! It lasts all day and still looks pretty good at the end of it!
I know a lot of people hate the smell of this foundation but I actually kind of like it lol

The packaging is not great... it's just a bottle and a lid, quite like revlon colourstay, you can buy a pump for it but I don't see why it doesn't just come with the pump attached instead.

Overall it's a great foundation, the coverage is great, the finish is great and there is a huge colour selection. I will definitely repurchase!

on 7/22/2014 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product is truly amazing. I got matched up with NC42 and the yellow undertone on my medium brown skin, works to perfection. Yeah it smells like paint and the packaging can be improved, but overall it's provided a flawless coverage which I love. MAC creators are geniuses!

on 7/20/2014 3:45:00 PM

I was always hesitant to buy this because I was afraid it would oxidize on my completely fair skin. I was using Studio Sculpt in NC15 and I just got fed up because it was so dark on me. I am not oily, but I am not really dry either. Only on the sides of my nose. So, I'm pretty normal/combination sometimes. Since this is available in NW10 (the lightest MAC makes, other than completely white in Face and Body) I decided to give it a go. It is perfect for me! The color is also WAY better than the old NC15 I was using in Studio Sculpt. It's medium/almost full coverage. Never noticed it oxidizing on me either. Always use a moisturizer under this, if you have the same skin as me. Or, a primer if you have oily skin. This is my HG foundation. I recommend the MAC 187 brush with this! Or any stippling brush.

on 7/19/2014 6:24:00 PM

This foundation looks lovely on some people but sadly it did not work for me. I have dry skin and found it to stick to dry patches, also it tends to break me out when I use it. The consistency of the foundation is quite thick, and as I did not buy my foundation with a pump it was extremely hard to work with. Only plus side is that I would say it is quite long lasting.

on 7/15/2014 7:53:00 AM

NOT FOR DRY SKIN. I am so upset, I don't uderstand why sales assistant in MAC pushed me into buying this after I specifically said that I have dry skin and patches. There are so many things wrong about this foundation that I will have to make a list:
1. Smells like paint and the smell is strong.
2. Oxidizes so easily, turns slightly more orange than you expecte it to be.
3. Powdery finish emphasises my dry patches and looks awfully caky.
4. My skin feels extremely tight after first 10 minutes of wearing the foundation.
I really wanted to like this foundation so I tried overcoming these problems while mixing this MAC foundation with MUFE HD hydration elexir, which helped a little bit, but still foundation makes my skin feel tight and looks patchy. Then I decided to add some of very greasy Garnier BB cream, but again it sitll goes patchy. (it did help with the smell tho).
Now some Pros:
1. Long lasting
2. Full coverage
All in all I am very upset because I've spent quite a lot of money on it and I won't be able to use it.... I wish there would be a way I could fix it.

on 7/14/2014 10:57:00 PM

bought the nw25 and have to say its very heavy full coverage. Pros are it will cover a multitude of sins; acne, bruises, hangovers. The formula is quite mat with a slight sheen. I would only use this foundation for the purpose of covering an injury or portrait photography as its not shimmery or reflective, its like a mask and has a plasticizing quality covering everything - making a very flat base to build on.

For day to day use its simply not suitable for my skin, and will break out in spots the following day - so for the price it doesn't get much value at all sitting in the cupboard used once a year! Still handy to own, with the knowledge it can cover like polyfiller!

on 7/12/2014 4:36:00 PM

This is one of my first MAC purchases and I absolutely love the result! The shade is perfect and the finish is gorgeous. My only complaint is the smell. I don't know if it's just mine, but it smells like paint or paint thinner. If it didn't smell and if it was about $10-$20 cheaper, it would probably be my holy grail. So close, MAC, so close.