February 1, 2015 | 1448 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

after a love-hate relationship with this product, i have finally come to love it a whole lot. i found it hard to use at first because i was a bit rubbish at the application. you can't layer this liner over itself once it's dry like MAC's fluidline. you can add blackness to the line but you can't re-shape it if that makes sense. anyway, after a tiny con - this liner is amazing. it is PITCH black (blacker than MAC) and is just beautiful. application is very very smooth, and mine is over a year old and is holding up well. if you think of a matte liquid liner that looks a hundred times smoother and stays on incredibly well. MAC's fluidline is lovely too, and is a bit more spreadable during application, but it is not as black and is not as long-lasting on the waterline. MAC's colour allows you to put a lot more on and blend it in with your whole eye make-up, whereas BB is more of a basic black liner. this is more of an 'inky' black as the name rightly suggests. i use this with the BB 'ultra fine' brush, which i love, and has lasted me well. i wash it after every use, and whilst using it, i cover it in liner and flatten both sides out on the edge of the liner jar to get rid of excess and get the brush into a stiff shape. i have also found that the blackness of this liner is intensified with Too faced shadow insurance, but that is a whole different kettle of reviews.
packaging: BEWARE of the lid loosening on its own in your make-up bag. screw it on tightly before chucking it back into its hiding place. i'm also unsure whether or not i like the frosted glass on my jar.
bottom 'line', incredible liner!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

Compared to MAC fluidline. It's creamier and easier to work with.
I like the consistency of bobbi brown's line of gel liners.
I wish the black was more intense though. for a better color payoff, I usually have to go over twice. Also although it dries pretty well, it fades and the black isn't so vibrant on me by midday.
It also smudges and looks really messy by the end of the day.
I guess this just isnt for me. Too bad because everyone else seems to love this liner!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 9:53:00 AM More reviews by SurahBarbie

I adore this,the very first gel eyeliner i ever bought and its fantastic really dark,really dramatic. I always get compliments all the time about how dark it is and people askin where i got it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by lbarnold

I really like this eyeliner, first was turned on to it when I wore it at my wedding. The only downside I can find is that the pot totally dries up before I can even make a dent in it. I don't wear it everyday but I wish the packaging would prevent it drying out more. It does smear on me a very tiny bit as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by genuinebeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great GREAT GREAT product. doesn't smear throughout the day
most importantly, its colour is sooo intense
i like its texture too, makes it easy to apply
eyeliner brush from bobbi brown is good too, as long as you get used to using it, but it kinda too expensive for a brush ... i think

an award-winning product for a reason!! love it :D

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2010 5:09:00 AM More reviews by schixzotic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Single-eyelid ladies: BEWARE this product!!
I was quite disappointed with this product. I bought it with the expectation that when I teared (e.g. after yawning), this wouldn't come off, but it does - more so than the MAC eyeliner pencils, which don't claim to be long-wear. Do note that I'm a single-lidded Asian, so if you have double eyelids this prolly won't apply to you.
The most annoying thing is that when I tear, the eyeliner not only comes off, but it comes off in flakes that litter my cheeks and lower eyelid with black dust! And to add insult to injury, the black flakes smudge when I try to clean them off. =.= My MAC pencil eyeliner comes off when I tear too, and needs to be touched up, but at least it doesn't leave telltale flakes all over my face!
This eyeliner was so expensive that I feel the need to at least use it for a few months, and I've gotten the hang of looking up when I tear so that the eyeliner stays on, but it's so troublesome to do that. Definitely not buying this again!!

EDIT: I seem to have discovered a way of curing the "flaking" problem! I used silver pigment powder from Bellapierre and liberally mixed the gel eyeliner with the pigment. (I wanted a black eyeliner with silver glitter anyway. Haha!) It seems to "fix" the eyeliner such that it doesn't come off in flakes, though it still comes off and requires fairly frequent touchup. The pigment wasn't cheap either :\ I surmise from this that maybe those shades with shimmer that Bobbi sells might not flake so badly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by dolce8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This eyeliner is fantastic,it is thicker consistency,so you dont have to be afraid of mess while applying and it last all days evne in the humid and hot summer days.I would repurchase again but this little pot last such a long time.
Also if it dries out deep your brush little bit in water just a tiny bit and then apply.It help. :)))

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 7:39:00 AM More reviews by Hedd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my favorite until I came across MAC Fluideline. MAC is my HG because it's cheaper, nice rich/dark black color and doesn't dry as quickly as BB's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

Best gel liner hands down. I prefer it over MAC Blacktrack, Stila Smudgepot & WetnWild Creme Liner. It's the most intense black in my opinion and doesn't flake/crumble or fade throughout the day. Definite HG material.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 3:58:00 AM More reviews by starspex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

thanks to MUAers i've had this brilliant product for a while now thanks to the high reviews and i'm sure it will last me YEARS. This is everything an eyeliner should be a: TRUE black (not slightly greyed out like the Mac Fluidline) long lasting, nice texture (not too dry or wet) doesnt smudge easily at all, easily buildable. I use an old max factor eyeliner pen to apply this and it goes on beautifully as though done with a slimline brush. when it runs out in years to come (honestly the pot is generous for the amount i use) i'll def repurchase.
It was worth paying 15 for quality and longevity even though this is the most expensive eyeliner i've ever used