September 22, 2014 | 762 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by lbarnold

I really like this eyeliner, first was turned on to it when I wore it at my wedding. The only downside I can find is that the pot totally dries up before I can even make a dent in it. I don't wear it everyday but I wish the packaging would prevent it drying out more. It does smear on me a very tiny bit as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by genuinebeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great GREAT GREAT product. doesn't smear throughout the day
most importantly, its colour is sooo intense
i like its texture too, makes it easy to apply
eyeliner brush from bobbi brown is good too, as long as you get used to using it, but it kinda too expensive for a brush ... i think

an award-winning product for a reason!! love it :D

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2010 5:09:00 AM More reviews by schixzotic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Single-eyelid ladies: BEWARE this product!!
I was quite disappointed with this product. I bought it with the expectation that when I teared (e.g. after yawning), this wouldn't come off, but it does - more so than the MAC eyeliner pencils, which don't claim to be long-wear. Do note that I'm a single-lidded Asian, so if you have double eyelids this prolly won't apply to you.
The most annoying thing is that when I tear, the eyeliner not only comes off, but it comes off in flakes that litter my cheeks and lower eyelid with black dust! And to add insult to injury, the black flakes smudge when I try to clean them off. =.= My MAC pencil eyeliner comes off when I tear too, and needs to be touched up, but at least it doesn't leave telltale flakes all over my face!
This eyeliner was so expensive that I feel the need to at least use it for a few months, and I've gotten the hang of looking up when I tear so that the eyeliner stays on, but it's so troublesome to do that. Definitely not buying this again!!

EDIT: I seem to have discovered a way of curing the "flaking" problem! I used silver pigment powder from Bellapierre and liberally mixed the gel eyeliner with the pigment. (I wanted a black eyeliner with silver glitter anyway. Haha!) It seems to "fix" the eyeliner such that it doesn't come off in flakes, though it still comes off and requires fairly frequent touchup. The pigment wasn't cheap either :\ I surmise from this that maybe those shades with shimmer that Bobbi sells might not flake so badly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by dolce8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This eyeliner is fantastic,it is thicker consistency,so you dont have to be afraid of mess while applying and it last all days evne in the humid and hot summer days.I would repurchase again but this little pot last such a long time.
Also if it dries out deep your brush little bit in water just a tiny bit and then apply.It help. :)))

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 7:39:00 AM More reviews by Hedd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my favorite until I came across MAC Fluideline. MAC is my HG because it's cheaper, nice rich/dark black color and doesn't dry as quickly as BB's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

Best gel liner hands down. I prefer it over MAC Blacktrack, Stila Smudgepot & WetnWild Creme Liner. It's the most intense black in my opinion and doesn't flake/crumble or fade throughout the day. Definite HG material.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 3:58:00 AM More reviews by starspex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

thanks to MUAers i've had this brilliant product for a while now thanks to the high reviews and i'm sure it will last me YEARS. This is everything an eyeliner should be a: TRUE black (not slightly greyed out like the Mac Fluidline) long lasting, nice texture (not too dry or wet) doesnt smudge easily at all, easily buildable. I use an old max factor eyeliner pen to apply this and it goes on beautifully as though done with a slimline brush. when it runs out in years to come (honestly the pot is generous for the amount i use) i'll def repurchase.
It was worth paying 15 for quality and longevity even though this is the most expensive eyeliner i've ever used

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyedBeauty1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The best eyeliner ever! Its as simple as that. I used to wear liquid eyeliners all the time but I got fed up of them and decided to try this out instead, and bearing in mind that this is the first ever gel eyeliner I have tried I think it is exactly what Bobbi Brown claims it to be! Its creamy and goes on perfectly with the ultra fine eye liner brush and boy does it last long, (hence the name). But seriously I thought I was going to be really bad at applying this product but actually its quite the opposite I find, whether I use it everyday on my upper lashline (thin) or thicken it up for nights out, I love love love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Jennifer1971

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am new to gel liners and I blindly bought the Smudge Pot because I had heard a lot of good things about it. However, after using it for a couple days I found it unsatisfactory. It just goes on too thick making it hard to get a good coat. You then have to go over it again (and again) to get it to be one solid color. By the time you do that the brush dries out, which you have to clean and re-dip into the pot. Also layering it like that just causes it to flake off later in chunks. It is just not thin enough of a cream/gel to reach into the lower areas of the skin on the eyelid.. i.e. to fill in the "ridges" if you will.

Fed up, I returned it and got samples of both Mac Fluidline Blacktrack and Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner. (They happened to both be side by side in Dillard's, lol.) I then went home with the samples and played with them for about a day. I probably applied each of them about 5 times. Every time I applied them, they both were so very much better than the Smudge Pot, and both seemed of very high quality. However, for me at least, the Bobbi Brown eyeliner went on a tad smoother (it's slightly less viscous than the fluidline.) This made a difference to me since it easily filled in the line in one or two quick smooth strokes.

So this is my HG of gel eyeliners now. To me there is not a better eyeliner, in gel, pencil, retractable or liquid than this Bobbi Brown Long Wear Eyeliner in Black Ink. I'll be using this most every day. I suppose I'll purchase a Mac Fluidline if there is a color I like that isn't available in Bobbi Brown.

I do want to try out the MAD Minerals waterproof gel liners though after reading some of the reviews here. Supposedly it is as good as Mac Fluidline for $8.99 versus $15.50. You also get 4 grams with MAD Minerals versus 3 grams in the Fluidline. (Bobbi Brown is 3 grams).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by KatyXSeto

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

when it rains, don't run for it, cos the eyeliner will go mad.. trust me xD