August 22, 2014 | 1174 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by dolce8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This eyeliner is fantastic,it is thicker consistency,so you dont have to be afraid of mess while applying and it last all days evne in the humid and hot summer days.I would repurchase again but this little pot last such a long time.
Also if it dries out deep your brush little bit in water just a tiny bit and then apply.It help. :)))

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 7:39:00 AM More reviews by Hedd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my favorite until I came across MAC Fluideline. MAC is my HG because it's cheaper, nice rich/dark black color and doesn't dry as quickly as BB's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

Best gel liner hands down. I prefer it over MAC Blacktrack, Stila Smudgepot & WetnWild Creme Liner. It's the most intense black in my opinion and doesn't flake/crumble or fade throughout the day. Definite HG material.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 3:58:00 AM More reviews by starspex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

thanks to MUAers i've had this brilliant product for a while now thanks to the high reviews and i'm sure it will last me YEARS. This is everything an eyeliner should be a: TRUE black (not slightly greyed out like the Mac Fluidline) long lasting, nice texture (not too dry or wet) doesnt smudge easily at all, easily buildable. I use an old max factor eyeliner pen to apply this and it goes on beautifully as though done with a slimline brush. when it runs out in years to come (honestly the pot is generous for the amount i use) i'll def repurchase.
It was worth paying 15 for quality and longevity even though this is the most expensive eyeliner i've ever used

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyedBeauty1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The best eyeliner ever! Its as simple as that. I used to wear liquid eyeliners all the time but I got fed up of them and decided to try this out instead, and bearing in mind that this is the first ever gel eyeliner I have tried I think it is exactly what Bobbi Brown claims it to be! Its creamy and goes on perfectly with the ultra fine eye liner brush and boy does it last long, (hence the name). But seriously I thought I was going to be really bad at applying this product but actually its quite the opposite I find, whether I use it everyday on my upper lashline (thin) or thicken it up for nights out, I love love love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Jennifer1971

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am new to gel liners and I blindly bought the Smudge Pot because I had heard a lot of good things about it. However, after using it for a couple days I found it unsatisfactory. It just goes on too thick making it hard to get a good coat. You then have to go over it again (and again) to get it to be one solid color. By the time you do that the brush dries out, which you have to clean and re-dip into the pot. Also layering it like that just causes it to flake off later in chunks. It is just not thin enough of a cream/gel to reach into the lower areas of the skin on the eyelid.. i.e. to fill in the "ridges" if you will.

Fed up, I returned it and got samples of both Mac Fluidline Blacktrack and Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner. (They happened to both be side by side in Dillard's, lol.) I then went home with the samples and played with them for about a day. I probably applied each of them about 5 times. Every time I applied them, they both were so very much better than the Smudge Pot, and both seemed of very high quality. However, for me at least, the Bobbi Brown eyeliner went on a tad smoother (it's slightly less viscous than the fluidline.) This made a difference to me since it easily filled in the line in one or two quick smooth strokes.

So this is my HG of gel eyeliners now. To me there is not a better eyeliner, in gel, pencil, retractable or liquid than this Bobbi Brown Long Wear Eyeliner in Black Ink. I'll be using this most every day. I suppose I'll purchase a Mac Fluidline if there is a color I like that isn't available in Bobbi Brown.

I do want to try out the MAD Minerals waterproof gel liners though after reading some of the reviews here. Supposedly it is as good as Mac Fluidline for $8.99 versus $15.50. You also get 4 grams with MAD Minerals versus 3 grams in the Fluidline. (Bobbi Brown is 3 grams).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by KatyXSeto

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

when it rains, don't run for it, cos the eyeliner will go mad.. trust me xD

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by vmar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have slightly oily eyelids and haven't been able to use the common eyeliner kohl pencils because they easily smudge into my eyelid crease and under my eye as well. (have same problem with most mascaras - mainly stick with Trish McEvoy's curling lash mascara because it forms a tube effect around the lashes and adheres to very well with smudging). I digress. So back to the gel eyeliner. Stays on very well, great color choices and with practice have managed to apply straight lines with the right brushes. Also, sometimes I use Bobbi Brown's complimentary eyeshadow shades on top of the eyeliner for greater staying power and to create an even more dramatic look. Have in black, violet and black plum.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by blotto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This eyeliner deserves all the praise it's been getting on here. I had never tried a gel liner before, but was looking for something that would stay PUT on my waterline. This really does, finally! I had tried so many liquids and waxy pencils, mainly on the recommendations of others who had achieved that beautiful kohl-rimmed eye look. Unfortunately, their eyeliners didn't work for me. I am so ecstatic that this one does!!!! It seems a little dry, so maybe mine's older or maybe it's just that I've never seen / used a gel liner before and have no idea what 'normal' is! Regardless, it goes on easily and precisely but just takes some effort to load the brush. It didn't smudge from my waterline all day and all night and gave me that sexy exotic look I was aiming for. I'm smitten...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by cosec00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A great gel liner--lasts, creamy, no flaking, no smudging, etc. But this is a very inky black as the name says. Too harsh for me so I handed it off to my daughters who love it.