November 24, 2014 | 833 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by CaiLatte

Using this once a week for my sensitive combination skin (with ACV, and coconut oil to moisturizer as soon as I wash it off), has been fantastic, and makes my skin feel cleaner, less greasy (as it gets in the summer) and has consistently sucked the ick out of any hormonal/bacterial blemishes. But most folks here have been saying that. What got me the most excited about this product was something else entirely. I had a fungal thing on my chest and d├ęcolletage endearingly called "haole rot" (by Hawaiians; it's common in sunny/island areas, but really everywhere, and on darker skin it causes whitish spots - haole is a derogatory slang term for white folks in Hawaii - but on pale skin looks like red or tan age spots, which is just LOVELY to see pop up in the summer). The usual remedy for haole rot, officially called tinea versicolor, is slapping some Selsun Blue on there and letting it sit and burn away for a few hours, like every day, for a while. Tried that, it was gross and messy and smelled like a hospital. And did nothing to get rid of the spots. I'd totally given up, and was accepting my fate as a speckled person (my bf has mild vitiligo, so he thought it was cute and ironic that I should also be spotty), but then I was using the Indian Healing Clay as a face mask and thought, if this stuff can suck out more crap from your pores than a Dyson vacuum, maybe it can do something about this haole thing, which is a topical fungus, right there on your outermost layers of skin. I put some of the mud on my chest while I did my weekly face mask - and I swear - the minute I dried off from the shower the spots had diminished drastically. It had looked like a rash, and suddenly it was really only noticeable if you really looked hard. After a few more times, it was totally gone. Tinea versicolor is super common, especially in the summer months, because its often transmitted by sharing damp towels at the beach and is kept alive and spreading by moisture - ie sweat - so I can only attribute this to the Clay's drying power. Everyone complaining of haole rot seems to be frustrated by the effects of rubbing gooey Selsun Blue on themselves all the time, but in case anyone here has it, I'm telling ya, this is the only solution I've found thusfar, shy of going to a dermatologist for medication. Screw that. This clay is awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 3:31:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

I had been itching to do muddy facial mask since it has been a long time i haven''t done that sort of detox. My skin was beyond clean after this mask. My skin was able to drink up serums better and i had noticed a radiance in complexion. It is over the top drying which is why you must have your favorite serum and moisturizer to use right after the Klay mask. Its perfect for summer when oil is at its most high levels on face and elsewhere leading to clogged duct hosting to dirt and bacteria mingling with oil to birth unwanted zits situations to be put to an end for good.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really enjoy this mask. Now I have dry skin and clay masks can make skin even dryer but I wouldn't give this mask up for that reason. I just make sure to moisturize well after.
I picked this up at Earth Fare and it was priced about $9 I think for 1lb. Pretty good price (I'm cheap) but I signed up for Earth Fare rewards program and when I went in they asked if I wanted to use my points (hell, yes) so I paid about $2 for it which was a steal.
First off, it says "makes 10-15 facials" well no that's not right at all. Maybe 10-15 whole body applications. I try to do this 1 or 2x a week and I use a flat foundation brush to apply a thin layer. *you do not need a heavy layer for it to work, it would just be a waste of product*.
It tightens your face better than any other mask I've tried both clay and other. I do feel the pulsing but mostly just on my nose which I assume is blood circulation.
I made my mom try this and it was hilarious, she yells from the other room "my face is vibrating!" lol. Anyways, I have applied with both water and ACV and I think the ACV works much better. My skin is sensitive and like I said, dry and ACV in the past has irritated my skin both full strength and diluted. But mixed with this it was great. It makes my face so much clearer after use and for days after. My face doesn't look as dull, tired, grey blah blah. More luminous I guess. Followed by raw shea butter as a moisturizer has really been great for my skin. I still get acne flare ups but normally only when I let myself get stressed. Out with you chemicals! It's been a long, hard road, can you tell? I will probably have this jar for a long time to come. I'm thinking about trying it in my hair for the occasional itchy scalp. Been using for about 2-3 months regularly. Remember after mask, moisture, moisture, moisture!
My Queen Helene Mint Julep mask went to my mom as I have no need for it anymore. Besides the occasional honey or yogurt mask for added moisture (mainly when the weather is cold) this is the only one I use. Even people with dry, sensitive skin can get benefits from this. My scars are less noticeable and skin tone seems more even. These are basically the only products I use and during summer now I don't wear makeup as much but as you can see I have to attribute my better skin to this mask and maybe some to the shea butter (using about a month now). Try this mask just don't plan on keeping up a conversation while it dries cause it ain't gonna happen.

Edit: 12/16/13 Still loving this mask. Still have dry skin of course but other than the occasional pimple my skin is better than ever. Never thought I could go out in public without makeup but I have and a lot of that has to do with this mask. I use it 2-3x a week. Will continue to use and purchase more when its gone but the amount for the price is fantastic.
EDIT: 4/9/14
Still using, still loving. I tried mixing this with lemon juice & it works better than acv or water on my face. Less irritating but you only need a few drops. My really bad, dark scars are almost gone. I have been using for several months so it does take time but the long haul results are worth it. I don't think I've ever used a product this long but that says something since my skin is so sensitive and continually changes. I also like to use this when I get an occasional angry blemish. I mix a tiny amount with water or lemon juice and spot treat then leave on overnight. It's a little redder than the rest of my skin but goes away about 20 min after washing off. It's less painful and less obvious I have a blemish, sometimes gone completely. Try this stuff, it's such a great investment for you skin. Haven't been brave enough to try on my scalp yet if anyone else has let me know.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by JanRamirez03

I live in Miami with oily skin, the worst! I grew up in NYC and always had clear skin with a her breakouts around that time of the month. When I moved here- Whoaaaa. I breakout out like crazy and the worst part was it was so many bumps. Makeup could cover it but you could still see. I think thats the worst! So, I've tried everything from natural home remdies (lemon, sugar and honey), gone to the dermo (95.99 for a cream + 67.99 for antibotics + 50 cold pay). Finally a friend told me about Aztec Clay and Apple Cider Vingar. I did my research and most people say they like it. So, I went out and bought it. I've done it for a week straight. I LOVE IT!!! Most of the bumps on my forehead are gone, all the pimples on my cheek seem to get smaller and smaller day by day! This stuff is really reallly great. I pop some pimples when I get mad and this even helps with the scars. I'm going to do it for another week and hopefully I see even more results! After that I'm goning to do it 3 times a week and with any really had pimples or area up it on the spot over night. Also, since it does dry out your skin I use all natural aloe vera juice as a moisturizer after (I always do it at night). I put a little on a cotton pad and put it on my face. I really love this product!!!!!!!! Can't stress it enough

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 5:15:00 AM More reviews by Nolita78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my *favouritest* products EVER. I'd use this about once or twice a week, and this clay would just clear up all the dry flakes and about 90% of my congested pores (there are always those nasty ones that only the Biore strips could help). Also, those red spots that you just *know* will be giving you acne hell in a day or two unless you do something about them, this product will definitely help you in clearing them up. And also, this product is definitely so NOT expensive!!! For under $10, you have this quantity that would last for about 9-12 months, as you'd need just a spoonful of it, which you can then just mix with regular water. Loves it. No weird flowery scents, no stinging sensations, just great, pure clay product. Super highly recommended, even for those with highly sensitive, acne-prone, easily clogged-up skin such as mine!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 5:19:00 AM More reviews by purplescarf6

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mask is simply amazing. It's my go-to product when my skin is oily, clogged up and breaking out. I mix equal parts of the clay and apple cider vinegar together; I find the ACV works much better than water. I then apply it all over my face (avoiding my eyes and SD) and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. While using the mask you can just feel it clearing all the gunk out of your pores. It tingles a bit but it doesn't sting, this coming from someone with very sensitive skin. It comes off easiest with a washcloth and warm water. I find it more convenient to plan on taking a shower after using this. Yes, it will make your skin pink but it goes away. When it's rinsed away my skin looks and feels refreshed, soft, and much less oily. My pores (even on my nose!) look smooth and noticeably smaller. The first time I used it I put it on for way too long and my skin was irritated and very red, so don't plan on using this for the first time before an event just in case your skin reacts adversely to it. This is very inexpensive for how much product you get. I got my container over a year ago and there's still about 1/3 left, and I use this around twice a week. I got mine at my local natural foods store; I'm sure there are plenty of good places to get it online as well. It works wonderfully for spot-treating acne overnight too. If you're looking for a good mask to de-gunkify your skin, this is for you! I'm not tempted in the least by any competitors. Try it, and if it doesn't work for you give it to an oily-skinned friend.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Herbalbeautyjunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Let me start out by saying this-- if you are vacillating between buying this or not... BUY IT! I got mine yesterday and used it for the first time today with only water... It dried up and sucked out all the blackheads and tiny bumps around my nose! Great product, you truly do feel it working. I am a model down here in humid Texas, and the combination of heavy makeup+ sweat and humidity is NOT a good environment for clear skin. I will probably be using this gem after every shoot! Thank you Aztec secret!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Slone07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The drawing power of this stuff was proven to me after I put it on a brown recluse bite that was getting hugely infected on the side of my knee. I was about to head to the doctor, but tried this instead. I covered the whole red area with a thick layer of this stuff and put a big waterproof bandage over it to keep it moist. It pulled out the whole infection in about 24 hours. It saved me from needing antibiotics and a huge doctor bill (or possibly worse...just google pictures of staph infections from a recluse bite! Ugh!). I know this is a gross story, but I wanted to get it out there that this can be used for more than just beauty purposes.

I do use this as a face mask, as well, and find that if I use it around my "Time of the Month," it completely eliminates and prevents the blemishes I usually get around my chin and jawline. Yes, it leaves your skin red for an hour or so, but the benefits are totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Flassie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! This is the first mask I where I have noticed an immediate difference in my skin. My pores are cleared, my pimples shrink, its amazing. I also love the pulsating feeling that you get from this mask... it's so cool. I have so far only used the mask with water, but I hear it's better with ACV (although my skin is pretty sensitive so I might never do that).

When I first tried it however, I didn't know how to apply it, it's so thick and sticky that I found it difficult to apply. However now I just use the same plastic spoon I use for mixing, to smooth it over my face, this works much better than trying to use your fingers!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by sept27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Obviously this product is really amazing, as you can tell by all the great reviews, however I just have a word of warning. I applied this mask one night and decided to lay down to wait for it to dry. I didn't wake up to my alarm, and when I woke in the morning and washed the mask off (about 6 hours later), my skin was amazingly red (moreso than usual when using this mask) and super irritated. Over the next couple of days, my skin began peeling off in flakes all over my face, especially near my mouth. It was horrible and the most pain my face has ever endured. After a week of peeling skin, I finally healed and I'm back to normal skin. DO NOT LEAVE THIS ON OVERNIGHT! However, as a caveat, leaving it as a spot treatment only on a pimple (not any of the surrounding skin AT ALL) overnight is fine. Be warned! Don't let this turn you off of this mask, because as others have said, this really is an amazing mask, just be careful with how long you leave it on. 45 minutes is definitely a max!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No