October 24, 2014 | 1606 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Herbalbeautyjunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Let me start out by saying this-- if you are vacillating between buying this or not... BUY IT! I got mine yesterday and used it for the first time today with only water... It dried up and sucked out all the blackheads and tiny bumps around my nose! Great product, you truly do feel it working. I am a model down here in humid Texas, and the combination of heavy makeup+ sweat and humidity is NOT a good environment for clear skin. I will probably be using this gem after every shoot! Thank you Aztec secret!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Slone07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The drawing power of this stuff was proven to me after I put it on a brown recluse bite that was getting hugely infected on the side of my knee. I was about to head to the doctor, but tried this instead. I covered the whole red area with a thick layer of this stuff and put a big waterproof bandage over it to keep it moist. It pulled out the whole infection in about 24 hours. It saved me from needing antibiotics and a huge doctor bill (or possibly worse...just google pictures of staph infections from a recluse bite! Ugh!). I know this is a gross story, but I wanted to get it out there that this can be used for more than just beauty purposes.

I do use this as a face mask, as well, and find that if I use it around my "Time of the Month," it completely eliminates and prevents the blemishes I usually get around my chin and jawline. Yes, it leaves your skin red for an hour or so, but the benefits are totally worth it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Flassie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! This is the first mask I where I have noticed an immediate difference in my skin. My pores are cleared, my pimples shrink, its amazing. I also love the pulsating feeling that you get from this mask... it's so cool. I have so far only used the mask with water, but I hear it's better with ACV (although my skin is pretty sensitive so I might never do that).

When I first tried it however, I didn't know how to apply it, it's so thick and sticky that I found it difficult to apply. However now I just use the same plastic spoon I use for mixing, to smooth it over my face, this works much better than trying to use your fingers!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by sept27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Obviously this product is really amazing, as you can tell by all the great reviews, however I just have a word of warning. I applied this mask one night and decided to lay down to wait for it to dry. I didn't wake up to my alarm, and when I woke in the morning and washed the mask off (about 6 hours later), my skin was amazingly red (moreso than usual when using this mask) and super irritated. Over the next couple of days, my skin began peeling off in flakes all over my face, especially near my mouth. It was horrible and the most pain my face has ever endured. After a week of peeling skin, I finally healed and I'm back to normal skin. DO NOT LEAVE THIS ON OVERNIGHT! However, as a caveat, leaving it as a spot treatment only on a pimple (not any of the surrounding skin AT ALL) overnight is fine. Be warned! Don't let this turn you off of this mask, because as others have said, this really is an amazing mask, just be careful with how long you leave it on. 45 minutes is definitely a max!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by eatmyshort

like the previous reviewer mentioned, this product doesn't do anything for me. I have used St Ives, marine mineral masks, baking soda, lemon, and the list goes on. There are so many better masks out there that absorb oils just as well without dehydrating my skin like this mask. It doesn't do anything to tone, rejuvinate, or brighten the skin. It actually makes my skin appear more red and blemished. I use this mask the same way I use other mud masks. Leave it on til it dries, then remove promptly. I Do not like how my skin look after using this clay. I find St Ives, or Mint Julip mask work way better at shrinking my pores, smooth out my skin, brighten my complexion, soak up the oils without sucking out the moisture. Indian Clay mask just sucks out the moisture with makes my skin more prone to getting redness. I don't see any reduction in pore size or less oiliness. IF there's anything, my skin end up compensating by producing even more oil. Indian clay does nothing to balance out the skin. would not buy again

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Adi96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mask is amazing for removing blackheads, blemishes, and healing dark spots. This product works BEST when mixed with apple cider vinegar. I do not personally measure out everything, I just eyeball the amounts until I get my desired consistency. The mask works to pull out all of the impurities in the skin, so that after you wash off the mask, you can easily remove your blackheads by gently pushing them out. Any blemishes are gone within the night, and dark spots are lightened. If you do this after a face scrub, it's even better. I receive compliments on my skin all the time now thanks to this regimen. It does not irritate my skin, and works quickly (only 30 minutes and then you wash the mask off). I pray to the heavens that this product is never discontinued, it is a skin saver.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

So, I bought into the hype for this product. I can't say that I don't fully agree with a lot of these reviews. But I think that the 'miracle product' is a bit over exaggerated, at least on my end. I mix equal parts clay with water and stir with a spoon. I apply it to my face with hands or a brush. Let it dry for 10 minutes and wash off. I do feel my skin tighten and my face pulsate, so this is the strongest mask I have tried. I get the same redness and drying of acne from this clay as from others used though. I agree that this is deep pore cleansing.

On the DOWNSIDE, I think that this process takes forever. I don't like carrying a bowl and spoon into the shower to create this concoction. If you don't mix the powder well into the water, the masque comes out chunky. If you mix or put too much water, mask comes out too watery. I find that having to make my own masque decreases the chances that I will apply it. So, I am regretting the purchase.

I got the same effects on my skin with Neutrogena Clear Pore Mask. I don't find other masks that pulsate, but I don't know if that makes a mask better. I just purchased the Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque, as I hear it is similar.

So, I agree with the reviews. The mask is great, not stellar. But if you don't have time or energy to mix your own skincare, get something else.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Asiakiera

I absolutely love this stuff! It has worked wonders for my skin! I've been using it since late January of this year and since then my skin has really came a long way! My acne was mild to moderate but I had deep acne scars from when my acne was severe during high school. I just graduated college last month. This past semester I would use the clay mask religiously twice a week every week and after a few weeks I began to see improvement. Months later, my acne scars are almost gone completely and my skin tone is way more even than what it used to be. I will continue using this for years to come!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by whitley0499

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice product to have around the house. It's a beauty item, but also should be part of your first aid arsenal. We use this on bug bites, or any other skin irritation. I use it with Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar and it works wonders. The clay alone has no scent, but with the Braggs it just smells like vinegar. It doesn't leave any lingering smell. I don't use it on my entire face because my skin is combination and could dry out your dry areas too much, but it makes a great spot treatment for acne or any blemishes. Its great for removing blackheads from the nose area or chin you can feel it tightening and pulling out the impurities when you apply it. I once had a painful ingrown hair near my bikini area and after 2 applications of this bentonite clay it went down and was no longer an issue.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by happygrrl1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just used this mask for the first time and although it's not exactly a pleasant experience, I definately found it to be effective, especially since I followed it with a pore strip. What a combo!