October 25, 2014 | 942 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2009 1:41:00 PM More reviews by bandabug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me start by saying that I am not acne-prone, so I don't know if this product would cause problems for someone who suffers from breakouts. I admit, the consistency is a bit thick, but I don't find it to be greasy or shiny at all. It does a terrific job of protecting my skin from the sun and I don't find it to be too heavy on my face. It really works well for me and I will continue to purchase it. One lippie off for the sting if it gets in your eyes, but I have yet to use an effective sunblock that doesn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Sattie2008

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I would buy this product again, I have switched to another Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer sunblock that is oil- and fragrance-free. However, this product is really nice. It goes on a little white and thick but it can be rubbed in and then it creates a soft, dry layer over my skin. I find that it keeps my face from becoming oilier as the humid days goes on. And though I have skin sensitivity to fragrances, the last 2 summers that I have used it, I haven't had any reactions. Though I am not taking the chance of a reaction and will switch when the tube is empty and/or the weather comes hotter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 7:53:00 AM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I really like the light-weight consistency of this lotion. I don't think it's sticky or thick at all, compared to other sunblock. I actually do use this on my face, which if course may not work for everyone, but it didn't break me out. I'm hesitant to put stuff like that on my face but so far, no problems with this, it's my HG face sunscreen for summer and the beach!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by petrie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't have a problem with the product going on thick. And I liked how it dried to a nice, non shiny finish. However, after using it for 2 weeks, I noticed my skin was getting really dry. I have combination skin with some occasional dryness on my cheeks and forehead. But nothing like with this. My skin was dry and tight and flaky, even on the bridge of my nose which has never suffered from dryness. I think it must be the 'dry touch' technology that is not agreeing with me.
Will only use it now as a body sunscreen when I go swimming.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 8:09:00 AM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My go-to sunscreen. I have combo, acne-prone skin that is very easily clogged and I've had no problems with this. It IS thick and takes a minute to sink in but it hasn't broken me out, so I'm happy!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by bethaboo1031

Provides excellent sun protection but is NOT for someone with acne prone skin. I had several cystic pimples while using this product and I think it was definitely the sun screen b/c I didn't change any other aspect of my routine and when I discontinued so did the zits!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 9:32:00 PM More reviews by juicycouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i've been using suncreens in the ultra sheer dry-touch series for years. 1st i started with the 45, now i've moved up to this one. since i am acne-prone i use a variety of facial products that make my skin more sensitive to the sun. therefore, sunscreen is a must. plus, it's good for you =] when you 1st apply this product it creates a sheen, but within a few minutes it's absorbed. i wouldn't say it provides a totally matte finish though. i love this product because it does not break me out, provides fairly high spf and doesn't leave me looking greasy. i normally wear a bit of foundation or powder when i go out and have not had any problems applying it over this. i also use this on my body in the summer with great results. i wouldn't recommend it for days when you go swimming. when i was at the beach it turned white from hitting the water [not a good]. i don't remember how long i waited after application before i went to the beach, so that may be something to consider. for everyday wear however, this is good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by freyasfeathers

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well it does work and blocking out the rays. I used it for 2 months last summer and no tan on my face so thats good. However, its very thick, not very dry to the touch (though better that just regular high spf sunscreen). It takes about 5 minutes to sink in. All is great under powder makeup then about 2 hours later, everything is a grease slick. I retouch on the powder about every hour and by the end of the day, its all just a hot mess! I finally gave up and switched to the 30 spf instead (same brand)...30 was better ( a little) I like that is didnt smell overly "sunscreenish". I like that is protected my skin. Thats about all I liked though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 8:31:00 AM More reviews by ricerice

When it said dry-touch, i expected something with a powdery finish (which a lot of japanese sunscreens give), this didn't have a 'dry-touch' but it was not oily/shiny either. I like the scent of this sunscreen and it does not break me out. It doesn't make me any oilier but it doesn't control oil production, which i really need since my face becomes an oil slick in a very short amount of time. I have no problems wearing this under my makeup, a plus for me since i wear makeup nearly everyday. I would without a doubt buy this again when i finish my current tube. This product really surprised me since my skin doesn't normally like neutrogena. =)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by njr86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this sunscreen due to the good reviews here, so I am sad to say this sunscreen is not compatible w/my skin.
I didn't dare put this on my face, but I did put it on my neck and chest for a few days. Two big zits popped up w/in a day or two..one on my chest by my shoulder (I never get zits on my chest) and one on my back close to my neck. Both are places where I had the sunscreen on ;( So now I am on the search.....again. sigh