April 18, 2014 | 1817 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by petrie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't have a problem with the product going on thick. And I liked how it dried to a nice, non shiny finish. However, after using it for 2 weeks, I noticed my skin was getting really dry. I have combination skin with some occasional dryness on my cheeks and forehead. But nothing like with this. My skin was dry and tight and flaky, even on the bridge of my nose which has never suffered from dryness. I think it must be the 'dry touch' technology that is not agreeing with me.
Will only use it now as a body sunscreen when I go swimming.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 8:09:00 AM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My go-to sunscreen. I have combo, acne-prone skin that is very easily clogged and I've had no problems with this. It IS thick and takes a minute to sink in but it hasn't broken me out, so I'm happy!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by bethaboo1031

Provides excellent sun protection but is NOT for someone with acne prone skin. I had several cystic pimples while using this product and I think it was definitely the sun screen b/c I didn't change any other aspect of my routine and when I discontinued so did the zits!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 9:32:00 PM More reviews by juicycouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i've been using suncreens in the ultra sheer dry-touch series for years. 1st i started with the 45, now i've moved up to this one. since i am acne-prone i use a variety of facial products that make my skin more sensitive to the sun. therefore, sunscreen is a must. plus, it's good for you =] when you 1st apply this product it creates a sheen, but within a few minutes it's absorbed. i wouldn't say it provides a totally matte finish though. i love this product because it does not break me out, provides fairly high spf and doesn't leave me looking greasy. i normally wear a bit of foundation or powder when i go out and have not had any problems applying it over this. i also use this on my body in the summer with great results. i wouldn't recommend it for days when you go swimming. when i was at the beach it turned white from hitting the water [not a good]. i don't remember how long i waited after application before i went to the beach, so that may be something to consider. for everyday wear however, this is good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by freyasfeathers

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well it does work and blocking out the rays. I used it for 2 months last summer and no tan on my face so thats good. However, its very thick, not very dry to the touch (though better that just regular high spf sunscreen). It takes about 5 minutes to sink in. All is great under powder makeup then about 2 hours later, everything is a grease slick. I retouch on the powder about every hour and by the end of the day, its all just a hot mess! I finally gave up and switched to the 30 spf instead (same brand)...30 was better ( a little) I like that is didnt smell overly "sunscreenish". I like that is protected my skin. Thats about all I liked though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 8:31:00 AM More reviews by ricerice

When it said dry-touch, i expected something with a powdery finish (which a lot of japanese sunscreens give), this didn't have a 'dry-touch' but it was not oily/shiny either. I like the scent of this sunscreen and it does not break me out. It doesn't make me any oilier but it doesn't control oil production, which i really need since my face becomes an oil slick in a very short amount of time. I have no problems wearing this under my makeup, a plus for me since i wear makeup nearly everyday. I would without a doubt buy this again when i finish my current tube. This product really surprised me since my skin doesn't normally like neutrogena. =)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by njr86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this sunscreen due to the good reviews here, so I am sad to say this sunscreen is not compatible w/my skin.
I didn't dare put this on my face, but I did put it on my neck and chest for a few days. Two big zits popped up w/in a day or two..one on my chest by my shoulder (I never get zits on my chest) and one on my back close to my neck. Both are places where I had the sunscreen on ;( So now I am on the search.....again. sigh

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It smells like a basic moisturizer and it's not dry to the touch... I don't know where they get that idea. I have a bottle of the 70 and bought two purse sized tubes of 55 hoping the lower spf meant they would be actually dry. No, it's the same thing... It is lighter than the 70, which is like a face lotion/cream for me. I have dry skin, and these do make my skin soft but I prefer something that won't give shine to my skin or make it oily in a few hours. I will still use it, because it's better than wrinkles caused by sun damage in 20 years. After the 55 sinks it, it's soft to the touch but not matte.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by venused

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favourite sunblock. I have pretty dry skin, and I still feel that most sunblocks leave my face looking like an oil slick. This one doesn't, and truly dries so that it's dry to the touch, like it claims.

I love that it has SPF 55, too, when all the other sunblocks seem to be around the SPF 30 range.

I like the scent of this, as well. It's nice and light, and not at all overpowering like some sunblocks can get.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by flirty

Absolutely hate this nasty stuff. It is not "dry" at all, felt heavy on my face, and left it extremely greasy too. YUCK! All day long I could feel it on my face and SMELL it too! It has a strong fragrance/sunblock smell that I can't stand. Bleh. Skip it.