July 29, 2014 | 1859 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Honey Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by mehrunissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just bought this today, and it is God awful. Ew. It smells nothing like honey. You're going to think I'm exaggerating when I say this, but it smells like urine. I asked my brother what he thought about it, and he agreed.
The texture is weird and waxy, and tastes like candle wax. Don't ask me how I know what candle wax tastes like, but that's what it tastes like. In fact, the whole thing just feels like rubbing a scented candle on your lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by RubyJuly89

I really love this lip balm, it is very moisturizing and lasts a really long time but, I have to admit the smells isn't pleasant. That being said I will still buy it over and over again because it really is great.

Changed the rating because the smell is to obnoxious!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2010 3:40:00 AM More reviews by vhnguyen

I HATE the smell of this on my lips. I couldn't even stand using it for one day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 8:51:00 AM More reviews by LadyDarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I personally love the smell and feel of this lip balm.
It makes my lips so smooth and moisturised. I keep repurchasing it. I have two all the time - one in my dressing table and the other in whatever bag I'm using for the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2010 6:27:00 PM More reviews by boara94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've heard so many people who love Burt's Bee's products. So I thought I'd give it a try. And I must say that I was VERY disappointed. It doesn't do anything for my lips at all! -_- And the smell is uncomfortable at first. No more Burt's Bees for me~

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2010 2:28:00 AM More reviews by FillerbunnyBuddy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I hated this lipbalm. I bought this because I heard it was very good. The first time I put it on my lips I took it off straight away because of the smell! It smells like wax mixed with very natural honey. It feels like wax on my lips as well. The scent is soo strong people can actually smell it on you from afar. This has put me off Burt's Bees to be honest. My mum loves the 'honey' smell though, so I gave it to her...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by laitae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am very disappointed with this product. Probably because I heard so many raves about Burt's Bees lip balms and expected a lot. Upon first application I thought it was a bit dry, but hoped it will get a bit more moisturizing later on. I have been using it for about 2 weeks now and my opinion hasn't changed - I don't like the way it feels on my lips and I don't think it is nourishing. I will not repurchase, I prefer to spend my money on Palmers lip balms:-)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2010 2:41:00 AM More reviews by MeltingPoint

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the lip balm that started my obsessions. xD Thank you, Burt's Bees!

I love this lip balm. Any product that uses honey as a main ingredient is a win in my book. I'm a huge fan of honey.
I hear a lot of negative comments about the smell, which I don't really understand. It smells like honey. And beeswax.

It tingles upon application. It is slightly waxier than your normal lip balm, but not nearly as bad as the original formula. You can feel how moisturized your lips are after you apply this, which is awesome. I also like how it's all-natural. (Yeah, I'm a tree-hugger, especially when it comes to my skin. Lips included.)

Bottom line, I love this lip balm. I'm at a loss for it right now, but I do plan on buying it again in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2010 10:40:00 PM More reviews by razzberryjr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: Made my lips feel healthier and look a bit paler (I have super red lips which I dislike)

Cons: Smells disgusting! Like sulphur. Not something I would want my lips to smell like! Also, it's not smooth to apply because it's so hard and waxy.

Overall, not the worst lip balm, but I definitely wouldn't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by xoxAllyxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore this stuff! Makes my lips amazingly smooth and doesn't have a weird smell or taste. I'm really surprised by the low rating. This is the *only* lip care I use.