September 19, 2014 | 1980 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Honey Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by violet_avalon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, whenever I can I try to use products that are environmentally responsible and it seems this lip balm is virtually chemical-free so top marks for that.
I've had this lip balm for a really long time, it lasts quite a while and the packaging is impeccable and super-easy to carry around.
This isn't a very creamy balm so sometimes I find it hard to get the product all over my lips but I dab on a bit more and it does the trick. I never have dry lips, possibly because I moisturize very often throughout the day. The only thing I'm not too keen on is the smell - I'm not the biggest fan of honey but I will try the other versions of Burt's Bees lip balm.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by iiixvix

This is one of the pricier brands of drugstore lip balms, but on the cheaper end of natural products out there. This lip balm is only OK. I found the scent a little weird. The texture is much firmer than the plain and pomegranate that Burt's Bees sells, so I find I can't use it on my lips when chapped (it tugs). It doesn't moisturize as well as the other two, but stays on longer.

I wouldn't buy this again. The one I have sits in my collection mostly unused.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by MaxFun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This works very well for me.
I love the smell, as I love everything honey smelling.
It moisturizes really well, especially when my lips are wound or chappy.
Over here it's relatively expensive, but since it works better for me than the drugstore chapsticks I gladly pay some extra money.
Will defenitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by mitzylindsay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

pros: the stuff does moisturize!!!! and smells good like chocolate after a while. the lip balm is hard and dosen't mush when i press it against my lips. there is no shine, so this is perfect for guys too!!!

cons: i can still feel the lines on my lips, smell might be a bit weird at first

overall: go for the bodyshop's vitamin e lip balm!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Tiffieotheory14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lip balm is absolutely useless on my lips. Besides the slight tingle, it does nothing. It doesn't moisturize and all it does is leave a white and waxy residue on my lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by TomBoyBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Violet

There is nothing honey about burt's bees lip balms anymore. This smells, feels, and tastes like hard wax, and yes, I know what wax tastes like. The only reason I didn't rate this 1/5 is because burt's bees used to be good (back when it actually smelled and tasted like honey, circa the 90's), but this stuff is just disgusting, and is not moisturizing at all. I would not wish this stuff on my worst enemy, that's how nasty it is.
-TBB

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by mehrunissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just bought this today, and it is God awful. Ew. It smells nothing like honey. You're going to think I'm exaggerating when I say this, but it smells like urine. I asked my brother what he thought about it, and he agreed.
The texture is weird and waxy, and tastes like candle wax. Don't ask me how I know what candle wax tastes like, but that's what it tastes like. In fact, the whole thing just feels like rubbing a scented candle on your lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by RubyJuly89

I really love this lip balm, it is very moisturizing and lasts a really long time but, I have to admit the smells isn't pleasant. That being said I will still buy it over and over again because it really is great.

Changed the rating because the smell is to obnoxious!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2010 3:40:00 AM More reviews by vhnguyen

I HATE the smell of this on my lips. I couldn't even stand using it for one day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 8:51:00 AM More reviews by LadyDarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I personally love the smell and feel of this lip balm.
It makes my lips so smooth and moisturised. I keep repurchasing it. I have two all the time - one in my dressing table and the other in whatever bag I'm using for the day.