July 30, 2014 | 2069 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by gracy775

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have very very oily T-zone so I didnt bought this lotion for this area...I only use it on my cheeks that are already soft without any lotion but in summer, I started to use a lot of acne products that dries out my T-zone and made me broke out worse...I decide to put this moisturiser on my T-zone to give it some moisture and even tought some pimples started to appear (because my face just went oilier and oilier), I realised after i week that my skin tone actually has improved! My dark spots also faded away (althought not completely) and it was a miracle for me because nothing seemed to work for my dark spots...Then, I realized that by blotting many MANY times a day while using this lotion, my skin really cleared out and was really baby-soft!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by kabarsone

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

As someone else mentioned this has 2 very comedogenic ingredients,Ceteareth-20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, so i had to stop using this, and my skin cleared up as soon as i stopped using it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by astrick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sadly, I had to come back and revise this review. Eventually, this made me break out with deep cystic acne. It was the only new item in my skin care regimen. After stopping use, my acne cleared up.

Probably great for people without acne, and acne is such a tricky thing, it probably works for some people with acne... just not for me.

**********

This is a really effective moisturizer that soaks right in. It adds lots of moisture and hydration, but not oil and shine. Doesn't make my acne worse, which is really hard to find. When I use this with my hyaluronic acid serum, there's a big improvement in fine lines. I'll definitely re-purchase this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by melinda_

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't know why his is recommended to people with acne prone skin since it has comedogenic ingredients. That's annoying. I tried it awhile ago and it broke me out.

If they removed the cetereths it would probably be amazing! Too bad.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice, basic moisturizer with many beneficial ingredients. I use it on both face and body with good results. However, despite the fact that my skin is quite oily, I actually prefer the richer Cerave Cream to this lotion. It seems more hydrating to me without being at all greasy or heavy. My hands tend to be quite dry and this lotion doesn't always feel like enough for them. I do like the large pump bottle and I think this product is well worth the price. I will finish my bottle but I would repurchase the cream instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by L7997

I used this in highschool when i had combo skin, was (still am) acne prone, and was oily by mid day (not too bad anymore). I never got over the wet consistency and occasional stinging, which worsened (or began, i suppose) when i started using tazorac.

if applying this is bad for sensitive skin then i wouldn't recommend it for people with "tolerant" skin. but i used to rely on this. it's just iffy, and i'm sure there are better.

i wont repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by erinoray

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best face moisturizer ever! It complements the hydrating cleanser perfectly, and when used together my (very) sensitive skin is left clear, even and so supple! I love the price, too. I'll never buy another brand again. So glad I found CeraVe!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Labarre

I don't get it...
This has Cetearyl Alcohol + Ceteareth 20
which rated highly comedogenic - because of the raves I tried it even with that knowledge and got a breakout which was not surprising...

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by brandieryan78

I have started using Retin-A and was looking for a light but, effective moisturizer for my combination/oily skin. This stuff is the best! Not only is it a great buy it is also, non pore clogging and I have been thrilled with my results! Between the foaming cleanser, Retin-A, this moisturizer plus my Clarasonic I have never been happier with my skin! Highly recommended!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by MichaelK

This is my HG face moisturizer.

There was a dark, dry time in my life when my face was so dry, it cracked.

I was a swimmer, 3 hours a day in the pool, constant chlorine.
I was on an acne pill and topical medications, my face had'nt even been that dry when I was on proactiv! Now I stopped swimming and am no longer taking pills due to side effects. I was reccomended this moisturizer by my derm and was skeptical at first because I felt it weakened my topical creams and such. But my derm said it was fine so I just thought that my skin could'nt get much worse than it was.
Well CeraVe has made my face hydrated and supple. My skin is so dewy and soft I just love it. However CeraVe makes my face EXTREMELY oily. Its bothersome to hear people make jokes about how shiny I always am. Its not that my face is oily its just an effect of the lotion. But thats the only downside, its a great lotion for dry, acne prone skin especially!