October 24, 2014 | 1572 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 2:52:00 AM More reviews by juicyluvr75

Great moisturizer. I use it twice a day. It sinks in fast and hasn't broken me out so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Madwilso

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive, combination/oil, acne prone skin. Since I am using retin-A, I am also prone to dry patches as well.
I use the lotion in the morning after washing, toning, serum (either glycolic or vitamin C) and before sunscreen (either Glycolix Elite spf 30 or EltaMd UV clear). It's very light and absorbs quickly, which is a great time saver in the morning! I don't feel like my sunscreens provide enough moisturization, but I don't want too many layers that my skin feels overloaded. At night, I again use it after washing and toning, wait 30 minutes and then apply my retin-A cream. Since it absorbs so quickly it seals the much needed moisture into my skin after washing, without interferring or buffering the tretinoin. If after an hour, I still feel like my skin needs some more lotion, then I will mix a pump of emu oil and some lotion. It feels so soothing, my skin just goes "ahhhh"!
I have already stated that I am acne prone and I do have occasional breakouts/clogged pores. I can't 100% say that this lotion hasn't contributed to that, but I don't believe it to be the case since my skin is improving. One lippie off, because I can't 100% say that for sure.
I have been using it daily for about 4 months now. To tag onto that, the price is very reasonable for the amount you get in the bottle!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2012 2:44:00 AM More reviews by serenapauline

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I heard alot of good things about cerave, especially this moisturizing lotion, so I went out and bought it. I have very sensitive, oily/combination skin. I break out here and there in my t-zone, never on my cheeks. My skin has became dehydrated and just overall bad over the months due to harsh cleansers/scrubs and climate. Someone suggested cerave lotion because it has ceramides and hyaluronic acid, and it's apparently non comedogenic and non irritating. The first night I put it on, it seemed to have made my skin look nicer, but I couldn't stop sneezing and I could not sleep well because my face was crazy itchy almost all night. In the morning, my face was so oily and greasy, but was still looking more even toned. I decided I wanted to give it a chance, for maybe a week or 2. The sneezing and itching for the most part stopped, but after a couple weeks use, my face just looks aweful. It's red, i'm broken out everywhere, even on my cheeks, and I have NEVER gotten a pimple on my cheeks in my whole life until now, i'm super oily and greasy (worse then ever). I just don't feel good leaving the house right now, so I can say I won't be using this again. I see it works for alot of people, I wish it worked for me, but it doesn't. It gets 2 lippies because it's fragrance free and the price was fairly good, other then that, it sucks for me. My search continues

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by OnaClearDay21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Cerave is extremely gently and hydrating. I would recommend this product to those with extremely sensitive skin/in conjunction with other acne products. This product makes my skin feel extremely soft and clean but unfortunately does not take off all makeup. It is a good cleanser to use in the morning time when your face is fairly clean. It is priced around $12 which is kind of expensive but it is worth it in the long run since it lasts for about 3-4 months. Overall this product has calmed my extremely sensitive and problematic skin and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a cleanser free of fragrances and harsh chemicals.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by aliabobalia

Wow I feel so dumb. I have had mild breakouts since highschool, and my boyfriend who also struggled with acne recommended this (the cream version) to me. I didn't question it, since it felt so nice going on (great logic, I know...). My skin has never looked worse. I have tried changing my diet, exercising, drinking lots of water, you name it, but I never thought to check the ingredients on this so-called non-comedogenic lotion. I get everything from small whiteheads to large painful zits, from the sides of my face to my chin. I even get a random zit pop up on my forehead and neck, which NEVER happened before. I finally started researching this shit today, and I am glad I did, but I have been suffering for months... I want to cry.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by 1Bruce1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Update: When I last went to buy this, the bottle said "with ceramides and hyluric (sp.?) acid". I bought it because it's always worked well for me. But--now my skin is having a reaction to something, and I think this might be the culprit. Anyone know if those ingredients could be (ironically) irritating to very sensitive skin, or had a reaction. Please let me know if so--thanks!

Nice, no-frills moisturizer. I have oily skin, so mostly use this in winter. However, in the summer, if I'm going out at night I forgo my sunscreen and use a bit of this under my powder. Sinks in super-fast and doesn't leave me greasy. Also use it around my eyes with no problem. My skin is very sensitive (rosacea) and has never reacted to this. Only downside is it seems a bit expensive to me, but I think it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by gracy775

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have very very oily T-zone so I didnt bought this lotion for this area...I only use it on my cheeks that are already soft without any lotion but in summer, I started to use a lot of acne products that dries out my T-zone and made me broke out worse...I decide to put this moisturiser on my T-zone to give it some moisture and even tought some pimples started to appear (because my face just went oilier and oilier), I realised after i week that my skin tone actually has improved! My dark spots also faded away (althought not completely) and it was a miracle for me because nothing seemed to work for my dark spots...Then, I realized that by blotting many MANY times a day while using this lotion, my skin really cleared out and was really baby-soft!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by kabarsone

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

As someone else mentioned this has 2 very comedogenic ingredients,Ceteareth-20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, so i had to stop using this, and my skin cleared up as soon as i stopped using it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by astrick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sadly, I had to come back and revise this review. Eventually, this made me break out with deep cystic acne. It was the only new item in my skin care regimen. After stopping use, my acne cleared up.

Probably great for people without acne, and acne is such a tricky thing, it probably works for some people with acne... just not for me.

**********

This is a really effective moisturizer that soaks right in. It adds lots of moisture and hydration, but not oil and shine. Doesn't make my acne worse, which is really hard to find. When I use this with my hyaluronic acid serum, there's a big improvement in fine lines. I'll definitely re-purchase this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by melinda_

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't know why his is recommended to people with acne prone skin since it has comedogenic ingredients. That's annoying. I tried it awhile ago and it broke me out.

If they removed the cetereths it would probably be amazing! Too bad.