October 25, 2014 | 1458 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by dearlynars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I thought I might as well give it a go ha Will Ferrell from blades of glory any one?!

I have thin, highlighted hair but lots of it. It weighed my hair down like nothing else I have used before!! The conditioner is better but so runny, I like thick creamy conditioners.

I didn't use these for longer then a week - back to kerastase

I think I will leave this for the horses...

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Jesse806

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product hoping my hair would grow a little. My hair did grow, but it had a ton of split ends and dryness. My hair is usually oily and this shampoo and conditioner left it really dry. I'm talking about stringy and having to cut a lot of it off in the long run. I was super upset to cut it off. I believe I cut about 3 inches off. They do have another shampoo and conditioner from mane n tail and it has olive oil which will help the dryness. Maybe I will try that one next time if I decide to purchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by HeavenlyxBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Haha ok, so I would sooo skeptical of buying this product (if you live in Aus. I found mine at an Asian grocery store) because, let's face it... It's a freaking horse shampoo. LOL. But don't worry, its 100% safe to put on human hair and all the ingredients are ones you find in normal shampoos. It even has some gooood ingredients like coconut oil and protein. I should probably add that it does NOT make your hair grow any faster. No shampoo can physically make your hair grow faster, but it can only help it to.
The conditioner is amazing at leaving my thin hair volumised and I love the shine and softness I get out of it. Plus, you get a huge bottle for the price! A great product for achieving healthy hair however it does not make your hair grow any faster. Unfortunately. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by DearBellabear

OK I Absolutely LOVE this and the conditioner. I already have shiny long brown hair. But Last year, something possessed me to chopped off all of my waist-length hair to shoulder length. And I'm trying to grow it out a week after I cut it. During the process of growing out my hair, I dye it with blonde hair dye, but i have very very dark brown hair, it turn a bit lighter. Then i dye it black a month later. After that i want to dye it brown again, so I used 3 type of different blonde hair dye, and dye my hair 3 days on a roll, and i got my hair to be a bit lighter. But sadly only the root was lighter, the rest is still dark, it only show a bit of the dye the color in the sun. Then a month later, I dyed my hair a dark red brown color. My hair was severely damage. I try to use as many condition, mask, just everything to keep my hair healthy and again so it can grow. I finally came across this product as I watch some of my favorite beauty gurus on youtube did a review on this. And I did my research on it, at last, i decided to purchase it. I mean, I've got nothing to lose, and so far, its only been a day, and my have have been recover sooo much. It feel soft, and silky, and this is my first time i use it, my hair feels great, and i love it. I hope it will help with the hair grow, and everything else in the future * crossing my finger :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

left my hair as dry as a horse tail :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

To start off, i already have incredibly thick hair but i wanted to make it even THICKER (crazy, i know). So anyways, i bought this product with hopes that it would make my already thick hair shinier, silkier, and softer. I used this product for about 1 month and there were a few things that put me off:

1. packaging- way too big of a bottle- couldn't travel with it
2. the smell
3. texture- yellow custard looking (not too moisturizing)

I still have the bottle sitting underneath my sink somewhere and only use it when I run out of my other shampoos/conditioners. It might be worth of a try for those who have extremely thing/stringy hair. I'd be interested in finding out the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by jenbuford

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this since I was a kid. I stopped for a while and started back using it 2 years ago. My hair grew and was strong and beautiful I loved it. I stopped using this shampoo and condition 6 months ago my hair broke off bad. I was using all the exspensive products they wasn't working and now i'm back using Maine & Tail. I'm a African American woman and by far this is the best products I've used. Try it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by lkno

I had it shipped as I live in the UK and it isn't sold in regular drug stores here, so it was kind of expensive. But I decided to try it because after reading SOOOO many great reviews I though that it was worth it. My hair is blonde, wavy, quite thin, shoulders length. I have being using the Shampoo and the Conditioner that comes with it for 2 weeks. So far, its terrible! My hair normally easy to combe and shiny its tangler than ever, very dry (even after trying to live the conditioner for an hour or so) and dull. Yes, my hair seams a little bit thicker. But this isn't working it for me. I don't think I will buy it anymore and I bet its gonna take a kick-ass hydrating mask to get my hair back to normal.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by mikaylawong

I bought the shampoo and conditioner duo based on all the reviews I read. So far, pretty pleased with it. The scent is refreshing, not overpowering at all. I have very long and fine Asian hair which was very limp from constant blowdrying/heat. After my first wash, like a lot of reviewers mentioned, my hair was a bit dry (as it is very strong) but after applying a few drops of Ojon Damage Reverse hair serum, heat-protectant and then blowdrying, I was pleasantly surprised by the sheen and softness of my hair! It was voluminous, just as the bottle promised, as well as improved the look of my dry ends! Never thought my limp hair could look so great. I plan to alternate using Aveda's Shampure shampoo, and this duo throughout the week; a sort of luxe than repair system. Will definitely buy again (if I ever run out... The bottle is huge!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by sofaloaf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Please for goodness's sake do not use this shampoo every day! I love it too, yes, but it is actually a pretty harsh cleanser. I like to use it maybe once a week in order to get buildup out of my hair, and a kick of volume.
I actually started using this on my horse first. She loves nothing more than to frustrate me by rolling around in mud and well, her own poo, right before show weekends. I found that this shampoo was great for getting everything out of her fur and de-matting it. It's great because it is mild enough where it won't irritate her skin, yet cleans effectively. Then I heard that people were using it, too, so I decided to give it a try. And yes, it is a great shampoo for me and all, but bear in mind, that this is actually a horse shampoo. It is not a human shampoo people like to use on horses, it is a horse shampoo we like to use on people. It still is pretty harsh on human hair (it does contain sulfates), because it is designed to clean horse hair. Horse hair's shaft is much much thicker, more coarse (that's why they make violin bows from it), and picks up more dirt, calling for a stronger cleaner like said shampoo.

All in all, this shampoo is cheap, smells great, lathers great, and will really clean your scalp. However, exercise some caution, as regular use may take a toll on the moisture and health of your hair.