December 21, 2014 | 1650 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2013 5:15:00 AM More reviews by lovelyisntlove

I tried this shampoo for a week. After the first use, I liked the way my hair looked, although it did look a little greasy/waxy, but not only did I break out in cystic acne around my hair and jaw line, but I also noticed huge handfuls of my hair falling out since I started using this. Neither the acne or hair loss is normal for me. The second main ingredient (sodium lauryl sulfate) is extremely comedogenic as well as the sodium chloride. oops.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by shupawoman

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have virgin, fine, straight, hip length hair and I have been using this product for approximately 3+ years.
I was first introduced to the product by a cousin who has thick, curly hair to my mother who also has the same type of hair, and since it as just laying in the bathroom I decided to use it as well. She claimed that it made her hair softer, shinier, and more easier to manage.
From my personal experience this product did indeed made my hair softer and shinier as well as gave it the appearance of being full. Because my hair is quite long and since I do not cut my hair regularly it does get damaged especially at the ends which thins out and becomes prone to split ends. After consistently using the product, I cannot say that my hair became thicker, but it did strengthen the individual strands and i saw fewer split ends. My hair also stopped falling out as often and it just made my hair much easier to deal with.
Recently however I ran out of conditioner and have been using only the shampoo with another brand of conditioner (a deep conditioner actually)...huge mistake. My hair became unmanageable, split ends began appearing all over the place, it was frizzy, and just plain gross.

My recommendation is to ALWAYS use the Mane N' Tail conditioner with the shampoo. The shampoo by itself is perhaps too strong and even when used with a deep conditioner cannot perform like how it's suppose to, most likely because it is also an animal shampoo.
This product is definitely a 5 but because it cannot perform alone I ended up giving it a 4.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by chrissadonner

I bought this shampoo around '11 not really knowing what to expect. I used it in conjunction with the conditioner for about a year, very pleased with the results, but my itching fingers couldnt help but pick up new shampoos that came out, but those really didnt work out for me and weighed my hair down. Brought me back to the Mane 'n Tail shampoo and conditioner duo, I honestly prefer the shampoo with a conditioner other than its corresponding conditioner because I feel like it doesn't moisturize my thick hair sufficiently. However the shampoo is cleansing without stripping my hair and the smell really isnt an issue. The only thing is the huge bottle and unappealing packaging, like seriously ITS A HUGE AS HECK BOTTLE WITH A HORSE ON IT. But I mean thats just me, we're here for the product right? Heh. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Cupcakes13

I love this shampoo! I first tried it back in '11 and used it for about a year,then I switched to different shampoo's. It can be drying if you don't use a good conditioner(I use aussie 3mm.) but helps your hair grow like a weed. I have bought 4 or 5 bottles and it is the only thing a will use for now on!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Colorlicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This shampoo was ok. Not better nor worse than the rest. It didn't help my hair grow, but it was moisturising and I liked it. However, I think the formula is made for people, not for horses. Its texture and color is a clue. Also, the fact that it says it's formulated for human scalp. So it's lighter. However, the one that I used afterwards was for horses and it did grow my hair like crazy. No joke. My hairdresser kept being amazed everytime I went to cut my ends. I used to buy that one at a petshop here in Europe. It was called Menforsan, I think you can find it on ebay. I stopped using it last year because my hair kept growing and I didn't need it anymore.
Anyway, the Mane 'n Tail is a good shampoo, it treats the hair nice, and it makes it shiny. But it won't make you have a mane; so if that's your plan, you'll be disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by dearlynars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I thought I might as well give it a go ha Will Ferrell from blades of glory any one?!

I have thin, highlighted hair but lots of it. It weighed my hair down like nothing else I have used before!! The conditioner is better but so runny, I like thick creamy conditioners.

I didn't use these for longer then a week - back to kerastase

I think I will leave this for the horses...

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Jesse806

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product hoping my hair would grow a little. My hair did grow, but it had a ton of split ends and dryness. My hair is usually oily and this shampoo and conditioner left it really dry. I'm talking about stringy and having to cut a lot of it off in the long run. I was super upset to cut it off. I believe I cut about 3 inches off. They do have another shampoo and conditioner from mane n tail and it has olive oil which will help the dryness. Maybe I will try that one next time if I decide to purchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by HeavenlyxBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Haha ok, so I would sooo skeptical of buying this product (if you live in Aus. I found mine at an Asian grocery store) because, let's face it... It's a freaking horse shampoo. LOL. But don't worry, its 100% safe to put on human hair and all the ingredients are ones you find in normal shampoos. It even has some gooood ingredients like coconut oil and protein. I should probably add that it does NOT make your hair grow any faster. No shampoo can physically make your hair grow faster, but it can only help it to.
The conditioner is amazing at leaving my thin hair volumised and I love the shine and softness I get out of it. Plus, you get a huge bottle for the price! A great product for achieving healthy hair however it does not make your hair grow any faster. Unfortunately. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by DearBellabear

OK I Absolutely LOVE this and the conditioner. I already have shiny long brown hair. But Last year, something possessed me to chopped off all of my waist-length hair to shoulder length. And I'm trying to grow it out a week after I cut it. During the process of growing out my hair, I dye it with blonde hair dye, but i have very very dark brown hair, it turn a bit lighter. Then i dye it black a month later. After that i want to dye it brown again, so I used 3 type of different blonde hair dye, and dye my hair 3 days on a roll, and i got my hair to be a bit lighter. But sadly only the root was lighter, the rest is still dark, it only show a bit of the dye the color in the sun. Then a month later, I dyed my hair a dark red brown color. My hair was severely damage. I try to use as many condition, mask, just everything to keep my hair healthy and again so it can grow. I finally came across this product as I watch some of my favorite beauty gurus on youtube did a review on this. And I did my research on it, at last, i decided to purchase it. I mean, I've got nothing to lose, and so far, its only been a day, and my have have been recover sooo much. It feel soft, and silky, and this is my first time i use it, my hair feels great, and i love it. I hope it will help with the hair grow, and everything else in the future * crossing my finger :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

left my hair as dry as a horse tail :)