November 27, 2014 | 1011 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by chrissadonner

I bought this shampoo around '11 not really knowing what to expect. I used it in conjunction with the conditioner for about a year, very pleased with the results, but my itching fingers couldnt help but pick up new shampoos that came out, but those really didnt work out for me and weighed my hair down. Brought me back to the Mane 'n Tail shampoo and conditioner duo, I honestly prefer the shampoo with a conditioner other than its corresponding conditioner because I feel like it doesn't moisturize my thick hair sufficiently. However the shampoo is cleansing without stripping my hair and the smell really isnt an issue. The only thing is the huge bottle and unappealing packaging, like seriously ITS A HUGE AS HECK BOTTLE WITH A HORSE ON IT. But I mean thats just me, we're here for the product right? Heh. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Cupcakes13

I love this shampoo! I first tried it back in '11 and used it for about a year,then I switched to different shampoo's. It can be drying if you don't use a good conditioner(I use aussie 3mm.) but helps your hair grow like a weed. I have bought 4 or 5 bottles and it is the only thing a will use for now on!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Colorlicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This shampoo was ok. Not better nor worse than the rest. It didn't help my hair grow, but it was moisturising and I liked it. However, I think the formula is made for people, not for horses. Its texture and color is a clue. Also, the fact that it says it's formulated for human scalp. So it's lighter. However, the one that I used afterwards was for horses and it did grow my hair like crazy. No joke. My hairdresser kept being amazed everytime I went to cut my ends. I used to buy that one at a petshop here in Europe. It was called Menforsan, I think you can find it on ebay. I stopped using it last year because my hair kept growing and I didn't need it anymore.
Anyway, the Mane 'n Tail is a good shampoo, it treats the hair nice, and it makes it shiny. But it won't make you have a mane; so if that's your plan, you'll be disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by dearlynars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I thought I might as well give it a go ha Will Ferrell from blades of glory any one?!

I have thin, highlighted hair but lots of it. It weighed my hair down like nothing else I have used before!! The conditioner is better but so runny, I like thick creamy conditioners.

I didn't use these for longer then a week - back to kerastase

I think I will leave this for the horses...

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Jesse806

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product hoping my hair would grow a little. My hair did grow, but it had a ton of split ends and dryness. My hair is usually oily and this shampoo and conditioner left it really dry. I'm talking about stringy and having to cut a lot of it off in the long run. I was super upset to cut it off. I believe I cut about 3 inches off. They do have another shampoo and conditioner from mane n tail and it has olive oil which will help the dryness. Maybe I will try that one next time if I decide to purchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by HeavenlyxBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Haha ok, so I would sooo skeptical of buying this product (if you live in Aus. I found mine at an Asian grocery store) because, let's face it... It's a freaking horse shampoo. LOL. But don't worry, its 100% safe to put on human hair and all the ingredients are ones you find in normal shampoos. It even has some gooood ingredients like coconut oil and protein. I should probably add that it does NOT make your hair grow any faster. No shampoo can physically make your hair grow faster, but it can only help it to.
The conditioner is amazing at leaving my thin hair volumised and I love the shine and softness I get out of it. Plus, you get a huge bottle for the price! A great product for achieving healthy hair however it does not make your hair grow any faster. Unfortunately. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by DearBellabear

OK I Absolutely LOVE this and the conditioner. I already have shiny long brown hair. But Last year, something possessed me to chopped off all of my waist-length hair to shoulder length. And I'm trying to grow it out a week after I cut it. During the process of growing out my hair, I dye it with blonde hair dye, but i have very very dark brown hair, it turn a bit lighter. Then i dye it black a month later. After that i want to dye it brown again, so I used 3 type of different blonde hair dye, and dye my hair 3 days on a roll, and i got my hair to be a bit lighter. But sadly only the root was lighter, the rest is still dark, it only show a bit of the dye the color in the sun. Then a month later, I dyed my hair a dark red brown color. My hair was severely damage. I try to use as many condition, mask, just everything to keep my hair healthy and again so it can grow. I finally came across this product as I watch some of my favorite beauty gurus on youtube did a review on this. And I did my research on it, at last, i decided to purchase it. I mean, I've got nothing to lose, and so far, its only been a day, and my have have been recover sooo much. It feel soft, and silky, and this is my first time i use it, my hair feels great, and i love it. I hope it will help with the hair grow, and everything else in the future * crossing my finger :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

left my hair as dry as a horse tail :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

To start off, i already have incredibly thick hair but i wanted to make it even THICKER (crazy, i know). So anyways, i bought this product with hopes that it would make my already thick hair shinier, silkier, and softer. I used this product for about 1 month and there were a few things that put me off:

1. packaging- way too big of a bottle- couldn't travel with it
2. the smell
3. texture- yellow custard looking (not too moisturizing)

I still have the bottle sitting underneath my sink somewhere and only use it when I run out of my other shampoos/conditioners. It might be worth of a try for those who have extremely thing/stringy hair. I'd be interested in finding out the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by jenbuford

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this since I was a kid. I stopped for a while and started back using it 2 years ago. My hair grew and was strong and beautiful I loved it. I stopped using this shampoo and condition 6 months ago my hair broke off bad. I was using all the exspensive products they wasn't working and now i'm back using Maine & Tail. I'm a African American woman and by far this is the best products I've used. Try it!