September 19, 2014 | 887 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by jenbuford

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this since I was a kid. I stopped for a while and started back using it 2 years ago. My hair grew and was strong and beautiful I loved it. I stopped using this shampoo and condition 6 months ago my hair broke off bad. I was using all the exspensive products they wasn't working and now i'm back using Maine & Tail. I'm a African American woman and by far this is the best products I've used. Try it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by lkno

I had it shipped as I live in the UK and it isn't sold in regular drug stores here, so it was kind of expensive. But I decided to try it because after reading SOOOO many great reviews I though that it was worth it. My hair is blonde, wavy, quite thin, shoulders length. I have being using the Shampoo and the Conditioner that comes with it for 2 weeks. So far, its terrible! My hair normally easy to combe and shiny its tangler than ever, very dry (even after trying to live the conditioner for an hour or so) and dull. Yes, my hair seams a little bit thicker. But this isn't working it for me. I don't think I will buy it anymore and I bet its gonna take a kick-ass hydrating mask to get my hair back to normal.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by mikaylawong

I bought the shampoo and conditioner duo based on all the reviews I read. So far, pretty pleased with it. The scent is refreshing, not overpowering at all. I have very long and fine Asian hair which was very limp from constant blowdrying/heat. After my first wash, like a lot of reviewers mentioned, my hair was a bit dry (as it is very strong) but after applying a few drops of Ojon Damage Reverse hair serum, heat-protectant and then blowdrying, I was pleasantly surprised by the sheen and softness of my hair! It was voluminous, just as the bottle promised, as well as improved the look of my dry ends! Never thought my limp hair could look so great. I plan to alternate using Aveda's Shampure shampoo, and this duo throughout the week; a sort of luxe than repair system. Will definitely buy again (if I ever run out... The bottle is huge!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by sofaloaf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Please for goodness's sake do not use this shampoo every day! I love it too, yes, but it is actually a pretty harsh cleanser. I like to use it maybe once a week in order to get buildup out of my hair, and a kick of volume.
I actually started using this on my horse first. She loves nothing more than to frustrate me by rolling around in mud and well, her own poo, right before show weekends. I found that this shampoo was great for getting everything out of her fur and de-matting it. It's great because it is mild enough where it won't irritate her skin, yet cleans effectively. Then I heard that people were using it, too, so I decided to give it a try. And yes, it is a great shampoo for me and all, but bear in mind, that this is actually a horse shampoo. It is not a human shampoo people like to use on horses, it is a horse shampoo we like to use on people. It still is pretty harsh on human hair (it does contain sulfates), because it is designed to clean horse hair. Horse hair's shaft is much much thicker, more coarse (that's why they make violin bows from it), and picks up more dirt, calling for a stronger cleaner like said shampoo.

All in all, this shampoo is cheap, smells great, lathers great, and will really clean your scalp. However, exercise some caution, as regular use may take a toll on the moisture and health of your hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by tarteprincess

This is a very a v e r a g e shampoo just like any other, does contain SULFATE. Which is horrible for your hair and does just the opposite of moisturize and replenish and seal split ends. SOme of the ingredients have been know to cause cancer/: I wanted o buy it really badly but please save yourself $12 and go buy some other sulfate,paraben,silicone free shampoos like ever-pure by loreal. Hope this helped! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by sousaj001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LOVE IT! have been using it for almost a year now. My hair was so disgusting and damaged from the countless bleaching and straightening I would do with my hair. At first I used it every time i washed my hair but now I am on and off with it. After a while i find that products stop working so I switch from one shampoo to another. When i use this shampoo I also put olive oil in my hair as a treatment. Also I stopped straightening my hair. I noticed my hair got thicker but a lot softer and shinier. It feels dry when u rinse it out but as soon as the hair dries it looks nice and silky. Before using my hair was just above my breast area and after 5 months it's right near my belly button area. If it feels to dry I say you should try using some argon oil or Moroccan oil then style hair as usual. It gives me the results i would get at a hair salon every time I do this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Chelly815

I used the shampoo and conditioner when I was a sophomore in high school, and it worked really well. I recently (a few months ago) cut my hair into a triangular one length, to about my shoulders. I grew to hate it, and decided to grow my hair out again. I bought this at kroger for 7 bucks per bottle (32oz) and have used it only twice so far. After two uses I already noticed how much softer my hair is. I am using the shampoo and conditioner in addition to olive oil and cayenne pepper on my scalp (have had excellent results) and coconut oil massages. My hair is currently 10 inches at the longest point, and I will make updates with my progress! Hope this works for everyone else like it has for me in the past.
Note: I have very, very fine hair, and a lot of fallout due to hypothyroidism. My ends are also bleached so I'm hoping this will help to repair the damage without having to cut it anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by ilovemakeup4sure

I absolutely adore this shampoo and conditioner and use it on and off again for a fee months at a time. That's the trick with this shampoo and conditioner because of the EXTREMELY high amount of protein in this. As a hair stylist, I always recommend protein for clients with dry damaged hair that needs rescuing but at the same time too much protein can cause breakage along with dry unmanageable hair. Too much of a good thing IS possible. It is important to switch it up with other shampoos and conditioners periodically to have the best results with this product. Along with deep conditioning treatments, regular trims, and good hair care products this shampoo and conditioner can help your hair repair and grow :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie4ever22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this a couple weeks ago and I'm giving it three stars because it's just ok. It doesn't seem to do anything NEGATIVE to my hair, but the positive effects are minimal. It does seem to let me go longer without washing my hair and have it be non-oily, and it has a decent, clean scent. It seems to help split ends some but it doesn't really help my hair get any longer than normally. Overall, it's fine/OK and I don't have a problem with it so until I find something I like better, I would buy again. Hope this helps!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by thewallflower97

I bought both the shampoo and conditioner on May 4th 2012 because I really wanted to try it since my hair had seemed to be the exact same length the past two years. I tried it as soon as I got home and was very happy with the results. After the first wash, my hair- which was very dry due to blonde hair dye- seemed a little bit softer, not a lot, but still a noticeable improvement. So, I continued to use it and within a month, it definitely had grown about an inch. It is November 2012 and my hair has grown six inches. I'm very very happy with the outcome and I do recommend this shampoo/conditioner.