September 23, 2014 | 1782 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by Tango116

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I heat a little in the microwave and dip my nails in it. I rub it into my cuticles a little and let it sit a few minutes. Gently wipe it off with a washcloth. Leaves my cuticles looking great and feeling soft. I also gently rub it on my toes to soften the cuticles.

I mix it with honey then apply to dry or damp hair, wrap my hair in plastic wrap or a plastic cap, then sit in the sun for 20-30 minutes. My hair (long, blonde, fine, highlighted) comes out super smooth. I did this is mid July then went to an outdoor concert and my hair stayed smooth even in the super-hot, super-humid weather.

My hairstylist told me that she learned that olive oil molecules are too big to penetrate the hair shaft, they will just coat it.

The honey can lighten your hair. I have no problem with that as I am a natural dark blonde (7 in a 1-7 chart) and foil it to a lt blonde like I had as a child. The last time I did this I didn't sit outside in the sun and it wasn't as moisturizing - the heat really helps. My hair did brighten up a lot (from the honey). This time I added an egg. Can't remember how much that helped.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2012 4:42:00 AM More reviews by st3f4n42srb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to try olive oil to remove my mascara, as an alternative to using makeup wipes (which make my undereyes burn). Everyone online said olive oil was amazing for makeup removal & that even waterproof mascara would come right off.

...

It didn't work. It hardly took any of my mascara off, instead just coating my eyelashes with oil. *Sigh* I was so sure that it would work! I've tried two different types of olive oil so far, & I will continue to try a few more. Hopefully I'll find one that works. If not, I guess I'll just have to suffer & use makeup wipes..

Edit: I have continued to try it & have had no success. I now succeed in removing most of my mascara, but I end up seriously burning my eyes in the process, despite the fact that they are tightly shut. It also causes me to have blurred vision & sore tear ducts the next morning.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by juicyluvr75

I thought olive oil was gonna be a miracle product for me but it turned out to be a disaster. i got the best olive oil i could and put a small amount all over, after my shower. 30 minutes later, i was leaving oil marks everywhere i sat. The oil just wouldn't sink in. It just sits on the surface. I do admit that it softens my skin though. It's been about 4 hours since i've applied olive oil and there is still residue. My skin is still slippery ):

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Such a great and versatile product. First of all I love the taste it imparts in food (I sometimes try substituting it with different oils and it just isn't the same)! I also use it to remove all that heavy makeup from my face before washing and wiping the last bits off... No stinging, no irritation (I used to have a sample of Clinique's eye makeup solvent and it stung like hell!). Skincare-wise, I use a small amount mixed with a couple of drops of tea tree oil as a moisturizer... It isn't overly greasy, but I think I should switch to something light and mattifying for the day so that my makeup will last longer. Still, the olive oil/tea tree oil blend works like a charm and I love how my skin looks and feels the next morning!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Precila101

I apply EVOO onto my lashes every night and the results are just unexpected. EVOO seriously grows your lashes, albeit it takes time, about a month or two, to be honest. But they are longer, thicker, and a lot (and I seriously mean it) a lot darker!
Then, for the deep conditioning treatments for my hair. Usually it's just heating it up for about a minute, then applying it from edges of the scalp to the tips of the hairs. Leave it in overnight,wrapped in a towel, then wash off the next day. After rinsing, I notice my highlights much more conditioned and they are practically noticeable. However, for the face, I am really scared to try that, since I have oily and sensitive skin, I have no idea what the olive oil might do, and I am plagued with acne, unfortunately. Other than that, EVOO will always be my holy grail for lashes and hair until my demise. I 100% recommend it to bring hair back to life. :)
UPDATE!!!
Over the course of the couple of months, my lashes have grown thicker and feels a bit more dense. Occasionally, a few lashes fall out here and there, but other than that, I knew my lash strength and growth increased. For the hair part, I quit since the oil tends to stick to my hair, and more strands would fall out in ridiculous amounts. Plus, it's super messy and I have tutoring every weekend morning. It would be super odd to show up with oily hair, not to mention smelly. Other than the down sides, olive oil is something I will surely stick to for lash treatments. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by iEndlessly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my make up essentials in so many ways. I personally use Extra Virgin Olive oil as make up remover, brush cleaner and an exfoliator.

In terms of make up remover, this is by far the best product to remove heavy eye make up including eyeliner, and mascara. I have never had any problems with eye stings or irritation when using this product, and a little goes a long way! I usually pour some of the Extra Virgin Oil on a cotton ball or cotton pad and rub it on my face. It removes all of the makeup. It is oily, and a cleanser is a must.

I also use Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a brush cleaner. By grabbing a dish. I pour half of the dish with the olive oil and the other half with dish washing detergent. The dish detergent will break down the heavy make up particles that have build up in the brushes and the Extra Virgin Olive Oil will help maintain the quality of the bristles. Simply mix the brushes in the mixture and wipe until they are clean.

Finally I use this product as an exfoliator for my face. I usually mix sugar and Extra Virgin Olive oil together to create a paste. Be careful not to overdo the portions or the mixture will be very watery. Apply the exfoliator to a clean face and leave in for about 10-15 minutes. If you happen to get some in your mouth, it isn't a big deal. (The stuff actually tastes pretty good haha) - and then basically you just rinse it off, and cleanse your face once more.

:) Hope this helps

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by preeti33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried the extra virgin olive oil on my dry n extremely frizzy hair.OMG, it cut down on my frizz like anything. I add few drops of rosemary, peppermint, tea tree, lavender and clary sage essential oils to it. Then I heat it to lukewarm. Massage it into my hair for 10 min. Leave it overnight. Then shampoo and condition as usual. It leaves my extremely frizzy hair almost frizz free. I am head over heels in love with it. Also, I apply it on my lips and eyelashes almost thrice a week before hitting the bed. Next morning I wake up with soft pink lips and it has drastically improved my eye lashes growth. I am a total convert.

Edit: I had to add this. I have been using this for 3 months and let me tell you, it has absolutely transformed my hair. Really. It has cut down my frizz to 80%, believe you me. I seriously dont have to use an extra product only to cut the frizz. Just apply it overnight and shampoo it the next day. No frizz. Its truely a godsend. All the curlies out there, do give it a shot.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by deminguyen0211

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This heaven sent product have too many use to even list!! i would recommended this to anyone and everyone. No it doesn't clog your pores! It the best thing EVER! i would love to bath in it if possible! :p

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by ECLion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love olive oil. I use it mixed with salt as an exfoliator/moisturizer on my legs and feet (HEAVEN, try it!!!) but on my face it was a totally different story. It broke my lower cheeks and jawline out in lots of tiny painful whiteheads -acne I just never ever get. I have very sensitive skin, and all oils (with the notable exception of coconut oil) seem to do this to me after awhile.

But seriously, mix it was salt so that you have a paste and use it on your feet and legs. It is super luxurious and guarantees you a nice smooth shave.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Adi96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

A fool proof product that can be used to remove makeup, moisturize hair, cook and revitalize dry skin. All around 5 star product!