December 21, 2014 | 1781 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

My aunt got me onto this--she has zero wrinkles, no lie--despite being a grandmother to 8 kids. Her skin is fresh & soft, no hyper pigmentation, wrinkles, or anything, and she is very proud of her looks. She loves to relay her "beauty secrets" to all and sundry--they really are no secret by now--1. Olive oil applied on the face after washing 2. the blue tin of Nivea cream for a daily moisturizer. So the Nivea thing doesn't work for me as a moisturizer, more for an occasional face mask--but the olive oil thing does. I like to mix it with a few drops of pure coconut oil, it really sinks in well this way. I also do the Gankin face massage (free PDF instructions on the website) when i apply. And wipe excess with a wet cloth. i have accumulated a lot of moisturizers, from Nivea, to Korres, to Elizabeth Arden, etc--so i put one of those on right after the EVOO.
I think my skin is really perfect these days, needs no foundation--and it would be due to this routine.This is also really good for pregnancy--it soothes the skin on the tummy, which feels really raw and painful otherwise.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Lamonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOOOOOOVE This Stuff!!! My Skin Has Been Super Dry Lately. Ive Been Doing My Oatmeal/Honey/Lemon/Milk Mask, and May I Say I Love It!!! But My Skin Is Beginning To Get A Little Dry. So I Just Used This On My Chin And Around My Mouth Area And KAZAM! No More Itch or Dryness! I can tell this might be too much oil for the day time, but ill definitely use this for night!! great stuff!!! and its cheap!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by uncontrolled

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Best makeup remover ever! Is cheap, natural, and removes long-wearing foundation (Revlon Colorstay and Estee Lauder Double Wear) without leaving my skin feeling irritated. I always use a mild cleanser after removing my makeup tho. I also add it to facial masks. If you haven't tried it I recommend it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tried it on my eyelashes one night after removing my makeup. I woke up the next morning and applied my mascara and was amazed at how much better my mascara applied! My lashes just felt like they were in top condition, that the mascara just glided on, didn't clump whatsoever and just were full of body and held better (I even use waterproof mascara). Def going to start using Olive oil on my lashes more often!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by xmaac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I live by Olive Oil, it removes my makeup so well and even better than real makeup removers, it not only acts to remove makeup, but I also use it on my eyelashes at night and I've noticed that it does make my lower lashes longer! I sometimes use it as a moisturizer and mix it with sugar for a scrub. Theres so many things you can do with evoo, definetly a must to have.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by bunnygrl468

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Oh my gosh, there's sooo many reviews that could be essays. So I'll just keep it as short as I can.
At first, I started using this as eye makeup remover. And it's GREAT! It might as well be free and it removes all the pigments in an INSTANT.
Now, I also use this as a moisturizer at night. My skin is acne-prone, so when I use anti-aging products, I break out instantly. But with this EVOO, I just DON'T breakout.
It does get a little messy though, so I make sure I have cotton balls, buds, etc.

So it's great. Get it. Cheap for skin care and also, hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by valeeeriaaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I started to use EVOO on my nails as a moisturizer and I must say my nails look amazing . Healthy and shiny . Then I decided to use this as a makeup remover . Holy crap . It is amazing . With just a few drops on a warm washcloth , all my eye makeup came off . It leaves a little bit of an oily residue which I don't mind as I just massage it in . Seriously guys this stuff is great . There is no weird smell and it's all natural . This is a great alternative for makeup remover and moistrizers . Would recommend it . It's worth a try .

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by lisakaminar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been suffering from extremely dry skin for the past year or so. I think it may be due to going on new birth control, or maybe it's just that I'm getting older, but I have tried everything to correct it! My skin has been peeling, flaking, scaly, red, and sensitive. I couldn't wear makeup to cover up the redness because it just accentuated the flakiness.I have spent hundreds of dollars on expensive serums and creams as well as prescriptions from the doctor that either did nothing for me or made me break out.

The worst part is I'm getting married in a month and didn't want to walk down the isle a red flakey mess, so in my last desperate attempt I tried extra virgin olive oil. Wow! I am so shocked! Flakes and redness have already started to clear up. Skin feels soft and moisturized. I was able to put on some concealer today without it looking like a cakey flakey mess. I'm so excited I just want to spread the word of EVOO! Who knew after spending hundreds of dollars on skincare products, the best and least expensive one was sitting in my kitchen cabinet all along.

My advice for this is to decant it into a smaller bottle and apply it to a cotton pad before applying over your face to avoid a big mess. I also recommend just trying a small patch of it on your face first to see how you react to it rather than slathering it all over immediately.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by Tango116

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I heat a little in the microwave and dip my nails in it. I rub it into my cuticles a little and let it sit a few minutes. Gently wipe it off with a washcloth. Leaves my cuticles looking great and feeling soft. I also gently rub it on my toes to soften the cuticles.

I mix it with honey then apply to dry or damp hair, wrap my hair in plastic wrap or a plastic cap, then sit in the sun for 20-30 minutes. My hair (long, blonde, fine, highlighted) comes out super smooth. I did this is mid July then went to an outdoor concert and my hair stayed smooth even in the super-hot, super-humid weather.

My hairstylist told me that she learned that olive oil molecules are too big to penetrate the hair shaft, they will just coat it.

The honey can lighten your hair. I have no problem with that as I am a natural dark blonde (7 in a 1-7 chart) and foil it to a lt blonde like I had as a child. The last time I did this I didn't sit outside in the sun and it wasn't as moisturizing - the heat really helps. My hair did brighten up a lot (from the honey). This time I added an egg. Can't remember how much that helped.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2012 4:42:00 AM More reviews by st3f4n42srb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to try olive oil to remove my mascara, as an alternative to using makeup wipes (which make my undereyes burn). Everyone online said olive oil was amazing for makeup removal & that even waterproof mascara would come right off.

...

It didn't work. It hardly took any of my mascara off, instead just coating my eyelashes with oil. *Sigh* I was so sure that it would work! I've tried two different types of olive oil so far, & I will continue to try a few more. Hopefully I'll find one that works. If not, I guess I'll just have to suffer & use makeup wipes..

Edit: I have continued to try it & have had no success. I now succeed in removing most of my mascara, but I end up seriously burning my eyes in the process, despite the fact that they are tightly shut. It also causes me to have blurred vision & sore tear ducts the next morning.