March 3, 2015 | 1073 users online

Scrubs - Sugar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 7:44:00 AM More reviews by fcb247

mix with olive oil and blackstrap molasses. scrub, leave on for ten min, and rinse off beautiful results!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by batlet2008

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OK I had to give this ago after reading the reviews and try it for myself.

I mixed a tsp amount of caster sugar with my cleanser (origins mega mushroom) in the morning. I softly scrubed in it over my face until all the grains had dissloved and then jumped in the shower I left it on for another min and then washed it off.

I then used more caster sugar mixed with olive oil and washed my body and shaved my legs. I wasnt keen on the olive oil smell and it felt a slimey as I washed it off but my skin was soft after and there was no need to moisturise which is great as it such a time saver.

I was very impressed with my fqace afterwards it really glowed so much so I didnt even use my normal brightening complex (that I cant live without) as my skin was so glowly I wanted to keep that.

Overall I think try it for yourself and see what you think I think it great and will contiune to use and report back in a month or so and up my lippies to five if all is still as good as today.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2009 5:55:00 PM More reviews by spiller

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted using sugar on my combination skin's winter-induced dry patches to be my cheap, natural miracle routine, but I instead was another victim of those mini hive-like red bumps - some even later turned into whiteheads.

No thanks.

My skin did feel softer afterward, but not necessarily smoother.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by RainWitch

I use this mostly on my body, mixed with olive oil so it won't dissolve QUITE as fast in the shower. The EVOO locks in the moisture on my skin, and the sugar gets all ther dead scaly bits off my body. I also use for my hands, particularly effective for gardeners because sugar removes dirt and dead skin at the same time! Also dirt-cheap, love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 12:01:00 AM More reviews by rosemont85

Seriously it is the absolute best, it really is unmatchable in so many ways. I remember a few years ago when I first discovered the sugar + extra virgin olive oil combination and how stunned I was with the results of it both exfoliating and moisturizing my skin so quickly and so remarkably well. You have the freedom to mix sugar with almost anything (honey, lemon juice, yogurt) depending on your skin's needs. It works fine on my face too and you could always grind it into finer grains or use brown sugar so it will be more gentler. I had quit the St. Ive's apricot scrubs immediately and I know will probably never buy another scrub again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so excited to try this since it seemed like a natural, effective, inexpensive way to exfoliate. I used it as a facial scrub one night and after washing it off i noticed my forehead was covered in pesky flesh colored bumps...The next morning I even had more breakouts in random places..I'm really upset I did this and I dont know why my skin was so aggravated but if it works for others, then more power to them. I wish i never did this though cause now it'll be a hassle getting rid of these tiny bumps..ugh

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 1:13:00 PM More reviews by TropicalyFrozen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Sugar is the best exfoliator. I normally use it just by itself on my body and face or sometimes I mix it with Coconut oil or EVOO. It makes my skin so smooth and soft when I use it with either one. I mix sugar with oil to scrub my legs then shave afterwards with oil still on, it makes my legs so smooth and easy to shave.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2008 12:16:00 PM More reviews by gunjee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, this is amazing stuff. I usually use sugar in my aspirin masks because it gives it a glycolic acid kick, but I never thought to use sugar alone. I wet my clean face, dipped two fingers in a cup of sugar, and started scrubbing just one cheek in the shower until it was thoroughly scrubbed. I then moved on to the other parts of my face. I then took a little in the palm of my hand, rubbed my hands together, and then applied to my entire face. I left the sugar on my face for about 10 minutes while I scrubbed the rest of my body with sugar, and then rinsed it off. My face was SO smooth! I am going to use sugar every day in the shower now.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2008 10:25:00 AM More reviews by mirri12

i'm never going to buy an expensive exfoliator again. Sugar does everything other exfoliators do and dissolves with warm water on the skin leaving it glowing. I covered my face in my cleanser ultrabland by lush, so that the sugar grains stuck to it, then gently rubbed my skin and finally washed the sugar off. i then make sure all the cleanser is removed with a warm wet cotton pad and i don't even need to apply moisturiser afterwards. this way it wasn't messy. i've been waking up to lovely morning skin all week with my even my blackheads and pimples going down. yay!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2008 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Kimmy3Girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Sugar is a great scrub. I have tried to use it as a body scrub in the shower but it dissolved soo quickly... Come to think of it I may have used caster sugar so thats probably why ey.. Anyway use caster sugar mixed with cetaphil cleanser as facial exfoliant. only rubbing softly as to not cause any irritation. just in case. think i may try epsom salts to for body. I am also considering mixing the salt with honey and olive oil.. when I have more time.