April 17, 2014 | 896 users online

Scrubs - Sugar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2008 10:25:00 AM More reviews by mirri12

i'm never going to buy an expensive exfoliator again. Sugar does everything other exfoliators do and dissolves with warm water on the skin leaving it glowing. I covered my face in my cleanser ultrabland by lush, so that the sugar grains stuck to it, then gently rubbed my skin and finally washed the sugar off. i then make sure all the cleanser is removed with a warm wet cotton pad and i don't even need to apply moisturiser afterwards. this way it wasn't messy. i've been waking up to lovely morning skin all week with my even my blackheads and pimples going down. yay!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2008 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Kimmy3Girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Sugar is a great scrub. I have tried to use it as a body scrub in the shower but it dissolved soo quickly... Come to think of it I may have used caster sugar so thats probably why ey.. Anyway use caster sugar mixed with cetaphil cleanser as facial exfoliant. only rubbing softly as to not cause any irritation. just in case. think i may try epsom salts to for body. I am also considering mixing the salt with honey and olive oil.. when I have more time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by GlammaFreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy crap. I just used my first sugar scrub on my face, and WOW! It's is super soft and clean feeling. I used it with an Olay Daily Facial cloth, and I can't believe the results. My skin glows! After one use! Amazing. I can't believe I've never used SUGAR on my face before.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2008 4:33:00 PM More reviews by UtadaTenshi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've found that if I put the sugar in a high-speed blender, it takes on a finer texture that is perfect for exfoliating the skin. Every other day, after cleansing my face, I scoop a little sugar from a jar I keep near my sink. I mix it with a little warm water and start rubbing it into my face. Since it dissolves as I do this, it doesn't irritate my skin, yet it leaves it glowing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2008 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

SUGAR=GREAT EXFOLIATOR!! I add this to my regular cleansers (gel or cream) when I feel like my skin needs an exfoliation. I keep this in a glass shaker in my bathroom cabinet. I can't believe I only thought to use this a year ago. I didn't know so many other people were already using it. Next I will add honey to the sugar and see how that works on my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 9:40:00 PM More reviews by illeyad

I have been sing sugar as a facial and body exfoliate for 3 years now. I have never felt tempted by sneaky marketing ploys to purchase facials scrubs made of beads and ‘exotic’ sugars with aroma therapy oils. It all comes down to the main ingredient that does the job- Sugar. I also like to mix in a little sea salt due t that natural clarifying minerals found in it.

What I love about sugar, is it is common, inexpensive, and the majority of us keep it in our pantries. I use organic sugar and keep it in a cup size screw top jar in my bathroom drawer. Twice a week I sue this to exfoliate my skin and keep it smooth. If my skin is particularly dry(due to my Differen spot treatment gel) I mix my sugar with facial cream and use it as a exfoliate. I could not believe how soft and smooth my skin felt after.

I highly recommend trying sugar as an exfoliate, just don’t forget to use it on damp skin otherwise it will scratch your skin. I love it on my sensitive skin, it is one of the few things I have stuck to in my daily skin care routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2008 12:43:00 PM More reviews by christina927

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love using sugar as a scrub..Being acne-prone, I haven't tried it on my face, but thanks to you all for tipping me off to another money-saving and even more effective technique!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2008 8:54:00 PM More reviews by shinyjem

I'm never going to bother with spending money on body scrubs again when sugar is just as good. Brown sugar and olive oil mixed together are perfect to exfoliate your body. I also use brown sugar on my lips to exfoliate them- I just dampen them with a bit of water, then use my finger to gently scrub them with sugar, rinse & slather in lip balm. I havent tried using sugar on my face yet, but I will. Cheap and just as effective as expensive body scrubs!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by pf3855

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I read in a magazine that Carmindy (of What Not to Wear fame) keeps a bowl of sugar in her bathroom and when she needs a scrub she scoops up a handful of sugar and mixes it with her shower gel and voila - instant exfoliation! I tried it and absolutely love it. I can't imagine how much $$$ I've spent over the years on very pricey sugar & salt scrubs only to have this very cheap fantastic scrub sitting on my kitchen counter all this time! Sugar is also kinder to your pipes than sea salt and will dissolve completely in your sewer system. It leaves your skin amazingly soft!! I use it with my normal shower gel - generally Aveeno - and it is just the most fabulous scrub! I urge EVERYONE to run out & get a nice little plastic lidded tub (Gladware works great but isn't pretty) and fill it full of sugar and keep it in your shower!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2008 5:47:00 PM More reviews by bsteves06

I can't believe I ever paid a lot of money for a scrub! I take some packets from work, or restaurants lol. I use about 3 or 4 in the shower on my body. IPut my bodywash on first, then mix the sugar in. I use about a third of a packet on my face and I have a teeny tiny clip that I use to save the rest of the packet. I'm so cheap lol.

I've also read that scrubs with microbeads can harm the environmnet. Something about the beads being too small to filter out but small enough to pass through the gills o fish and hurt them Have no idea if true or not, but why not use sugar?