July 29, 2014 | 2000 users online

Scrubs - Sugar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 1:13:00 PM More reviews by TropicalyFrozen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Sugar is the best exfoliator. I normally use it just by itself on my body and face or sometimes I mix it with Coconut oil or EVOO. It makes my skin so smooth and soft when I use it with either one. I mix sugar with oil to scrub my legs then shave afterwards with oil still on, it makes my legs so smooth and easy to shave.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2008 12:16:00 PM More reviews by gunjee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, this is amazing stuff. I usually use sugar in my aspirin masks because it gives it a glycolic acid kick, but I never thought to use sugar alone. I wet my clean face, dipped two fingers in a cup of sugar, and started scrubbing just one cheek in the shower until it was thoroughly scrubbed. I then moved on to the other parts of my face. I then took a little in the palm of my hand, rubbed my hands together, and then applied to my entire face. I left the sugar on my face for about 10 minutes while I scrubbed the rest of my body with sugar, and then rinsed it off. My face was SO smooth! I am going to use sugar every day in the shower now.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2008 10:25:00 AM More reviews by mirri12

i'm never going to buy an expensive exfoliator again. Sugar does everything other exfoliators do and dissolves with warm water on the skin leaving it glowing. I covered my face in my cleanser ultrabland by lush, so that the sugar grains stuck to it, then gently rubbed my skin and finally washed the sugar off. i then make sure all the cleanser is removed with a warm wet cotton pad and i don't even need to apply moisturiser afterwards. this way it wasn't messy. i've been waking up to lovely morning skin all week with my even my blackheads and pimples going down. yay!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2008 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Kimmy3Girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Sugar is a great scrub. I have tried to use it as a body scrub in the shower but it dissolved soo quickly... Come to think of it I may have used caster sugar so thats probably why ey.. Anyway use caster sugar mixed with cetaphil cleanser as facial exfoliant. only rubbing softly as to not cause any irritation. just in case. think i may try epsom salts to for body. I am also considering mixing the salt with honey and olive oil.. when I have more time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by GlammaFreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy crap. I just used my first sugar scrub on my face, and WOW! It's is super soft and clean feeling. I used it with an Olay Daily Facial cloth, and I can't believe the results. My skin glows! After one use! Amazing. I can't believe I've never used SUGAR on my face before.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2008 4:33:00 PM More reviews by UtadaTenshi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've found that if I put the sugar in a high-speed blender, it takes on a finer texture that is perfect for exfoliating the skin. Every other day, after cleansing my face, I scoop a little sugar from a jar I keep near my sink. I mix it with a little warm water and start rubbing it into my face. Since it dissolves as I do this, it doesn't irritate my skin, yet it leaves it glowing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2008 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

SUGAR=GREAT EXFOLIATOR!! I add this to my regular cleansers (gel or cream) when I feel like my skin needs an exfoliation. I keep this in a glass shaker in my bathroom cabinet. I can't believe I only thought to use this a year ago. I didn't know so many other people were already using it. Next I will add honey to the sugar and see how that works on my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 9:40:00 PM More reviews by illeyad

I have been sing sugar as a facial and body exfoliate for 3 years now. I have never felt tempted by sneaky marketing ploys to purchase facials scrubs made of beads and ‘exotic’ sugars with aroma therapy oils. It all comes down to the main ingredient that does the job- Sugar. I also like to mix in a little sea salt due t that natural clarifying minerals found in it.

What I love about sugar, is it is common, inexpensive, and the majority of us keep it in our pantries. I use organic sugar and keep it in a cup size screw top jar in my bathroom drawer. Twice a week I sue this to exfoliate my skin and keep it smooth. If my skin is particularly dry(due to my Differen spot treatment gel) I mix my sugar with facial cream and use it as a exfoliate. I could not believe how soft and smooth my skin felt after.

I highly recommend trying sugar as an exfoliate, just don’t forget to use it on damp skin otherwise it will scratch your skin. I love it on my sensitive skin, it is one of the few things I have stuck to in my daily skin care routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2008 12:43:00 PM More reviews by christina927

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love using sugar as a scrub..Being acne-prone, I haven't tried it on my face, but thanks to you all for tipping me off to another money-saving and even more effective technique!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2008 8:54:00 PM More reviews by shinyjem

I'm never going to bother with spending money on body scrubs again when sugar is just as good. Brown sugar and olive oil mixed together are perfect to exfoliate your body. I also use brown sugar on my lips to exfoliate them- I just dampen them with a bit of water, then use my finger to gently scrub them with sugar, rinse & slather in lip balm. I havent tried using sugar on my face yet, but I will. Cheap and just as effective as expensive body scrubs!