Tom's of Maine Natural Deodorant

2.6

Not tested on animals
Tom's of Maine is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/28/2009 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Ugh! I hated this stuff. I bought this because my dad said that antipersperant has aluminum in it and blah blah blah. So I picked out the lemongrass one and it smells pretty good but unfortunately, it makes me smell so bad. It doesn't do anything to mask the odor of b.o. I smelled so bad with this stuff. Even if I took a shower and put it on right afterward, I would smell so bad within an hour. And I never ever smelled like b.o. before I used this deoderant. Maybe it messed around with my body chemistry or something but it is just terrible. I'm just gonna stick to using my certain dri. Please, whoever is reading this, don't buy it! lol

on 8/28/2009 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Eww... sticky texture. It has a weird sourish lemon-tang smell to it even though it's supposed to be honeysuckle rose. Waste of money, I don't even care if it covers up body odor because I think it smells gross right out of the container.

It does work on me though, 8 hours later, I don't smell any body odor, it smells exactly the same as when I first put it on (which I still don't like :p) My underarms are still tacky from the stick, but not moist.

I much prefer the Jason tea tree deodorant stick- the smell is better, texture is smoother- not sticky, and it works just as well.

on 8/20/2009 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

didn't work. the smells were great but I smelled like B.O. after an hour literally and I don't even sweat that much. I've switched to arm and hammer's natural version in fresh and it def. does the trick. will not be repurchasing this one tho

on 7/25/2009 11:53:00 PM

This stuff smelled great but unfortunately, was useless. Worked better as a perfume than as a deodorant. Should really be discontinued, it truly awful. The packaging is pretty and it didn't irritate my sensitive skin though. I would not buy this again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the worst deodorant I have ever used! I read about scientists finding that the aluminum in anti-antiperspirants could be linked to breast cancer, so I began searching for good natural deodorants. This one was so terrible; I was smelly about an hour after application, and I'd never been a sweaty or stinky person to begin with. I really wanted to like it, so I tried using it for a week or so, but over and over I had that embarrassing b.o. just a couple hours after application, so I decided that I'd had enough of this deodorant. I will continue to look for a natural deodorant that works for me, but this one was definitely a thumbs down.

on 6/14/2009 6:06:00 PM

My mom bought this for me in 'lemongrass' to promote using less aluminum on my body, and I was all for it. First go around, it goes on really smoothly, didn't stain my black tee shirts and smelled a little like citronella. However, after about ten hours (okay, it's a long time, but antiperspirants last longer), the deodorant wore off, which is not enough time for someone constantly on the go the way that I am. After a few weeks of use, and carrying it around to reapply when needed, I noticed that I was getting patches of dry, flaky skin under my arms. NOT flattering during the summer, let me tell you. I guess I had an allergic reaction to whatever is in it, and though it's probably better for me to put up with dry skin and use it, I'm tossing this out.

on 6/9/2009 4:19:00 PM

I love this deodorant because it's the only natural kind that I find works. I used the unscented kind (less chemicals) and I only apply it once a day with great results. Sometimes I have to apply it once again for a night out. I've been using it for years.

Note: When I first started using it, I had to give it a couple of weeks before it worked on me - I think the aluminum that non-natural deodorants contain wreaks havoc on pores. So you need to give it a couple of weeks - just apply it often so that you don't lose your friends! ;)

on 4/27/2009 12:27:00 PM

I was trying to buy all natural deodarants due to skin irritation and the fact that antiperspirants clog your sweat glands. I found Tom's and decided to give it a try. I bought apricot and rose, both were on sale. Both smelled really good, tho I preferred the rose more. I applied after my shower and shaving and WOW! talk about stinging! Then after that it just left a sticky residue. I had to apply baby powder. I don't really sweat a lot, but for the minimal amount that I do, it did NOTHING. I was just left with sticky feeling armpits all day. Very uncomfortable. My husband ran out of his deodarant and grabbed one of my Tom's that I hadn't used. He said he was left with the same feeling AND had major BO about 1/2 way into his day. These are DEFINITELY not made for men.

on 4/17/2009 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought Tom's of Maine natural deodorant in Lavender because I had a skin reaction in my armpits to my old deodorant! I figured natural was a good way to start. Although I do sweat a LOT even w/o physical exertion, I know that this is not an antiperspirant, and did not expect this product to address my perspiration at all. HOWEVER, I did expect this product to keep me smelling fresh and clean even when sweaty. The product claims on its packaging to keep you smelling good for 12 hours.

PROS: Lavender smells pleasant at first. Did not worsen the irritation in my armpit.

CONS: Does not stay smelling pleasant throughout the day (starts to smell a little off, does not last long). A little spendy (and not worth the money). Can leave marks on clothes. Does NOTHING to control perspiration (although not expected, as it is a deodorant).

If you need or want a natural deodorant, I'd look elsewhere. I probably won't even finish using this product... :(

on 4/17/2009 10:03:00 PM

I'm not sure what some of the unhappy reviewers are talking about with this deodorant. It's a deodorant, NOT an antipersperant. I've used this for years and have found it to be just fine as a deodorant. It's not for working in the yard in the summer. I use the rose scent and it I like it. It doesn't sting, or cause a rash. It doesn't smell bad. For a natural deodorant I would recommend this.

Top Rated Tom's of Maine Products