September 17, 2014 | 1039 users online

Deodorants - Tom's of Maine - Natural Deodorant

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by retrokitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was trying to buy all natural deodarants due to skin irritation and the fact that antiperspirants clog your sweat glands. I found Tom's and decided to give it a try. I bought apricot and rose, both were on sale. Both smelled really good, tho I preferred the rose more. I applied after my shower and shaving and WOW! talk about stinging! Then after that it just left a sticky residue. I had to apply baby powder. I don't really sweat a lot, but for the minimal amount that I do, it did NOTHING. I was just left with sticky feeling armpits all day. Very uncomfortable. My husband ran out of his deodarant and grabbed one of my Tom's that I hadn't used. He said he was left with the same feeling AND had major BO about 1/2 way into his day. These are DEFINITELY not made for men.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

I bought Tom's of Maine natural deodorant in Lavender because I had a skin reaction in my armpits to my old deodorant! I figured natural was a good way to start. Although I do sweat a LOT even w/o physical exertion, I know that this is not an antiperspirant, and did not expect this product to address my perspiration at all. HOWEVER, I did expect this product to keep me smelling fresh and clean even when sweaty. The product claims on its packaging to keep you smelling good for 12 hours.

PROS: Lavender smells pleasant at first. Did not worsen the irritation in my armpit.

CONS: Does not stay smelling pleasant throughout the day (starts to smell a little off, does not last long). A little spendy (and not worth the money). Can leave marks on clothes. Does NOTHING to control perspiration (although not expected, as it is a deodorant).

If you need or want a natural deodorant, I'd look elsewhere. I probably won't even finish using this product... :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure what some of the unhappy reviewers are talking about with this deodorant. It's a deodorant, NOT an antipersperant. I've used this for years and have found it to be just fine as a deodorant. It's not for working in the yard in the summer. I use the rose scent and it I like it. It doesn't sting, or cause a rash. It doesn't smell bad. For a natural deodorant I would recommend this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by kittykat18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used the Honeysuckle one and it's a great natural deodorant if your not going to be in a situation where you;ll be very active. I wear this on the weekends or when I'm not really doing much to give myself a break from wearing stronger anti-perspirants/deodorants with loads of chemicals. You may have to apply a few times a day as it wears off quickly. I also tend to use it after I shave my underarms as I want something more natural since your pores are more open after shaving.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by sassattack

Didn't work at all.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 7:23:00 PM More reviews by lovermac

This stuff was terrible. It didn't help with odor at all. It would sting when I applied it to my skin. I would never recommend this deodorant. If you are looking for a natural deodorant to try, try Dr. Mist. Dr. Mist really works at controlling odor and no stinging.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2009 7:06:00 PM More reviews by stefanielw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Did an okay job of holding back wetness - but not with a lot of activity.
Did an even worse job of dealing with odor.

Wish I could find a natural deodorant that works...

:-(

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2009 8:05:00 PM More reviews by raych

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wore this product every day for about a year. It worked fine in all types of weather and levels of activity. Then I wore it on my wedding day expecting that it would work then, too. That was a mistake. I put it on mid-afternoon when I was getting dressed, then after a few dances realized I smelled kind of funky. I should point out that I am involved in dance performance as a hobby and I had worn this deodorant for shows, rehearsals and classes and never had a problem. This was specfic to my wedding day. I suppose with the extra nerves I was giving off more odor/sweat/whatever. So if you use this daily, but you have a very important event coming up, you might want to switch to a more traditional deodorant for the day.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2009 3:26:00 AM More reviews by Caramellane

I bought the fragrance free deodorant, and it smells like a citronella candle. What is worse, is that I smell just as horrible as if I had no deodorant on at all. It is too bad that I have nothing positive to say about the product, especially since it was a bit pricey.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by principia

I have the lemongrass scent and it is very pretty and true smelling. That said, however, it doesn't really work as a deodorant for me. I like the idea of natural products, but this one I can pretty much only use for short periods of time, e.g. going to yoga practice if I'm going to shower afterwards. Nice try, but I'll stick with my Fresh antiperspirant, even if that does cost an arm and a leg.