September 22, 2014 | 990 users online

Concealers - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2007 8:29:00 PM More reviews by belcanto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only concealer I will ever use. SO easy to apply and doesn't cake or emphasize wrinkles. It stays on well too. It is a bit expensive but well worth the price. When I don't have time to put make-up on in the morning, I use just this product and a lipstick. It livens me up and makes me look refreshed and ready to go! I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2007 5:46:00 AM More reviews by pattiongpin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Now on my second Touche Eclat. I tried shade No.3 for my fair Asian skin (which is tan in the summertime) and was very impressed by the smooth and non-cakey, extremely natural-looking coverage. I do use it as a concealer. I'd been using Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage for ages, but it had started to sink into the tiny lines under my eyes, making them look dry and tired.
I am blown away by shade No.2, which I was afraid was too light and ivory white for my skin tone, but I have found suits me so much better and looks even more natural. It is my HG concealer-- makes me look bright-eyed and refreshed on tired days like today (with a cold and after a tiring day of travel). Also great around the nostrils when you have been blowing your nose a bit too hard.
For those with the complaints about the product going off- read the instructions, girls! You need to wipe off the nib once a week. I wash it with soap and let it dry with the cap off. Works like a charm.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2007 3:21:00 AM More reviews by havenexpress

Touche Eclat # 2 is my duty free shop staple whenever I'm on an international flight. It's not a true concealer but a highlighter that's creamy in its application and is flat/matte in the finish, which is a good thing because god knows we can't find anything without tons of sparkles or shimmer in it nowadays. I put this under my browbone and the inner corner of my eyes to perk up the appearance. Subtle but it works.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2007 3:01:00 PM More reviews by thaijasmine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's just a sheer fluid concealer and that's it.
it doesn't help anything. never buy this again.
over hype product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2007 6:12:00 PM More reviews by shmoopy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although this is marketed to be used as a multi-purpose highlighter, most of us MUA'ers have been using it as an under-eye concealer. This concealer/highlighter pen dispenses a small amount of liquid onto the brush with a click of a button. The packaging is beautiful. It comes in a golden metal tube which is both durable and sleek. Personally, this is the only concealer I can use that does not emphasize the fine lines under my eyes. Most concealers make my under-eye area appear crepey and old looking (even over heavy eye cream!). For the longest time, I just chose not to wear any concealer and bare the dark circles around my eyes to the world. I received a sample of this in shade 1 and loved it. When I went back to the store to repurchase this, I bought shade 2 by accident. I was going to go back and exchange it, but decided to try it first. Shade 1 is a bit darker with more pink tones and 2 is lighter and looks more like an Ivory color (hello, confusing!). After trying one on each eye, I noticed that the results were the same, so I just kept 2. Anyway, I now use TE every day. The results are beautiful and natural looking! The look will take you through the end of the day and beyond! You can find YSL Touche Eclat at Nordies, Saks or Neiman Marcus.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2007 11:33:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I can understand the mixed reviews on this product, as I can imagine that many women expect this product to work as a traditional concealer...however, this is a highlighter, and a terrific one at that. The #2 is great for medium skin with yellow undertones, and I really like how it works on the inside corners of my eyes and down the center of my nose (I use a traditional concealer under my eyes). It brings a nice light to some of the darkest parts of my face. The packaging is exceptional, and at this rate this product is going to last me at least a year. Well worth it, in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2007 10:03:00 AM More reviews by MakeABook

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm intrigued by the mixed reviews here. I bought this about a year ago based on the review boards and it quickly became a "must have" in my routine. It's definitely *not* a concealer (as in, opaque coverage), which probably accounts for some of the reviews: rather, it's a lightweight, sheer, light-reflecting fluid. No glitter whatsoever that I can see, just light reflecting. Has almost no visible texture on the skin. So how does that help? If you blend some into dark areas of your face (under your eyes, the fold of your nose, laugh lines, etc.) it markedly lightens them without visible coverage like concealer. Everything just seems brighter and the folds look less deep. Extra-opaque concealers still weren't completely covering my under eye circles-- and they were starting to look cakey on my 40+ skin -- but I've found that a dab of TE first with a very light pat of concealer on top gives bright, total coverage without any visible makeup texture. It got kudos from me right away for it's blendability: it has just enough slip to blend easily, but no greasiness whatsoever to irritate my extremely oily, acne prone skin. If you have great skin, you should skip this product entirely. If you have flaws you'd like lightened, though, this could be helpful for you. Thankfully it's never gone bad for me: I wash the brush head periodically just in case, though. Simple soap, rinse under the tap and leave it upright to dry overnight. Doesn't leak into the product at all. Number 2 has enough yellow tones for my light olive complextion. Two thumbs up!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2007 3:11:00 AM More reviews by krystennicole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this in Tokyo (Duty free!) for my dark circles and WOW! This is THE only concealer that works well for my circles. Even better than MUFE's Lift concealer. This color is perfect for my NC30 skintone. My new favorite concealer for eyes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2007 4:20:00 PM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've jsut used it for the first time and I've got to agree with some members here, I'm not impressed with it especially with all the hype about it. Doesn't conceal dark circles or anything at all, makes the puffiness even more puffy and it is slightly oily.

It does go on quite smoothly and adds a bit of a glow to the skin but nothing special for that amount of money.

I'll only be re-purchasing it unless I found somewhere REALLY cheap or at a duty-free

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2007 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Jamocha151

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product! It great for highlighting and brightening my skin. I use Guerlain concealer, TE No2 and blush and I'm out the door. My skin looks great and it really makes my blush color pop more. Only drawback - its a bit pricey. But, It's definitely a repurchase. I stopped using my Dior radiance pen because I love TE so much!